Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others (15338 Views)

FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. / RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others / APC Crisis: PMB, Osibanjo, Tinubu, Govs Meet Next Week To Determine Oshiomhole F (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by EcoBrick: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2023

The Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) has denied media report (not in LEADERSHIP) that it has approved the increment of salaries of political office-holders, judicial and public office holders by 114 per cent.

In an exclusive discussion with LEADERSHIP, RMAFC Public Relations Officer, Christian Nwachukwu, said President Bola Tinubu has not given approval for the increment of salaries of public servants.

Rakiya Tanko-Ayuba, a Federal Commissioner in the Commission, had made the salary increment remark when she represented RMAFC chairman, Mohammad Shehu, at the presentation of the reports of the reviewed remuneration package to Kebbi State Governor, Nasir Idris, in Birnin Kebbi, on Tuesday.

Tanko-Ayuba reportedly said that implementation of the reviewed remuneration packages was effective from January 1, 2023, a claim that has been strongly denied by the Commission’s spokesman.

“Not my chairman. Not my chairman. My chairman has never made any statement on it. And I have not made any statement on it. No statement from chairman, no statement from me. So, I don’t know. I heard one of the Commissioners said it. I don’t want to be quoted,” the RMAFC spokesperson told our Correspondent while denying the Commissioner’s assertion.

“No approval yet. There is no approval yet. I don’t know the source of that story. Everything is under the process. It has to come as a Bill for Mr President to assent.

“The President has not given assent. Until the President gives assent, you cannot take it as if it has taken effect. You know that. You are a journalist.

“I don’t want to be quoted wrongly. The President has not given assent to it. It is still under the process,” Nwachukwu said over a phone chat with this writer.

Asked if the National Assembly has begun work on the proposal, he said: “it will be sent to National Assembly. Whichever way, whether it has been sent or not, the President has not assented to it. All those legislative process has to be completed; finally, it will land on Mr President’s table for assent. That has not been completed.”

When our correspondent asked if that means that the story making the rounds on salary increment was not true, Nwachukwu said: “just take it the way you understand it so that you don’t quote me anyhow.”

Asked whether the RMAFC has sent the executive bill through FEC to the National Assembly for deliberation, Nwachukwu simply said: “everything is under the process.”

https://leadership.ng/rmafc-denies-salary-increase-for-tinubu-govs-others/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

11 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by rexlims(m): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
When they are quick to deny it, just know that it has been done already

159 Likes 12 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by helinues: 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Toh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Lol very funny

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by ManWater: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
It just had to be fake news.
Would have been sheer wickedness on the part of government to further increase cost of governance when we should be talking of reducing it, especially after the fuel subsidy removal that caused more hardship for the average Nigerian.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Godfullsam(m): 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
I know they will come out and deny it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Dreal1247: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
They want to make it as secretly as possible.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Goodvibes007: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
Some of us mentioned this facts on the other thread that was rushed to the Front page. Alot of Nigerians don't know how the Nigerian government works; hence, the politicians use their heads to play ping pong.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Raskimonojendor: 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
Myself acting shocked.

“Not my chairman. Not my chairman. My chairman has never made any statement on it. And I have not made any statement on it. No statement from chairman, no statement from me. So, I don’t know. I heard one of the Commissioners said it. I don’t want to be quoted,” the RMAFC spokesperson told our Correspondent while denying the Commissioner’s assertion.

“No approval yet. There is no approval yet. I don’t know the source of that story. Everything is under the process. It has to come as a Bill for Mr President to assent.

“The President has not given assent. Until the President gives assent, you cannot take it as if it has taken effect. You know that. You are a journalist.

“I don’t want to be quoted wrongly. The President has not given assent to it. It is still under the process,” Nwachukwu said over a phone chat with this writer.

17 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by crossfm: 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hehehe grin.

Yes, subsidy won't be removed,and in few moments later according to spungebob cartoon character,it was removed.

Naira wasn't floated according to CBN,then few days we got the memo.

EFCC boss smiling to the Vila,boom he was later seen gnashing his teeth.

This new government is the pure definition of "never let them know your next move" grin.

And am loving it.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Goodvibes007: 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe grin.

Yes, subsidy won't be removed,and in few moments later according to spungebob cartoon character,it was removed.
Every presidential candidate in their manifesto said they would remove the subsidy. From Tinubu, Atiku, Obi and to even Sowore..

Luckily for them Buhari and the National Assembly did not even make provisions for continuous payment of subsidy anyway.

23 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Flight90: 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hmmm
Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by LagosFirstSon: 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2023
The fact that they denied it makes the news true

Tinubu is no different from Buhari , they don't care about the masses .

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by crossfm: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Every presidential candidate in their manifesto said they would remove the subsidy. From Tinubu, Atiku, Obi and to even Sowore..

Luckily for them Buhari and the National Assembly did not even make provisions for continuous payment of subsidy anyway.

Am not talking about the subsidy in particular,just loving the unpredictable nature of the new government.

5 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by leanonme82: 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
I knew this was fake news.

Only the brainless would believe Tinubu would approve this.

18 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by GeneralPula: 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
Godfullsam:
I know they will come out and deny it.
No..

It's you people that didn't read or understand initially..

Now, read this slowly..

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by LegendHero(m): 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
The fact that they denied it makes the news true

Tinubu is no different from Buhari , they don't care about the masses .

Stop saying nonsense.

Tinubu government deny fake news right from the start.

Kudos to their swift denials of the fake news from enemies of Nigeria.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by BrownSugq: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
Damage Control.

Have you seen any presidential spoken debunking the News?.
Dey play

7 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by obi4eze(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
grin
Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by jmoore(m): 9:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
He just used 'process' to confuse people.
The only point he made is that it has not been signed.

4 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by henkey: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
THE NEWS IS PURE TRUTH.
THEY HAVE SEEN THE PUBLIC REACTIONS, THAT'S THE REASON FOR DENIALS.
THIS GOVT IS FULL OF LIES AND PROPAGANDA.
BARELY 1 MONTH IN POWER.

9 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by totit: 10:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
rexlims:

Why won't they and should not be quick to deny or counter fake news?

A law must be passed before such increment can ever occur and that takes time. Couldn't figure out how and why many of you fell for the nonsense called news.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by GeneralPula: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
totit:

Why won't they and should not be quick to deny or counter fake news?

A law must be passed before such increment can ever occur and that takes time. Couldn't figure out how and why many of you fell for the nonsense called news.
I’m wondering why this isn’t on front page yet..

9 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Raskimonojendor: 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
GeneralPula:

I’m wondering why this isn’t on front page yet..
It would be moved to front-page when everyone has gone to bed grin

7 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by NinjaMetahuman: 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
rexlims:
so they will increase salary secretly?

How stupid are you?

Time for nairaland to start posting news from NTA only.
They seems to be the only reliable source of information these days.

The daily newspaper that used to be decent are now even worse than Blogs.

7 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by ribbit: 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Just hear the brainless lot saying they shouldnt have denied it.

Like they should allow fake news to fester knowing there are army of brainless zombies from a certain part of the country ready to pounce on any negative news about this administration to further their agenda.

Very senseless lot.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 22, 2023
ManWater:

It just had to be fake news.
We should be talking of reducing cost of governance & not increasing it.

Exactly

4 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 22, 2023
The one man I know will cut the cost of governance and deny politicians many undue benefits they're enjoying at the expense of the common man is Peter Obi. They too know, and that's why they don't want him.

But we need him. And by God's grace...

Obi is coming

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 22, 2023
What you should know about this administration is if NTA didn’t break it then do NOT believe it.

9 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Igwe9(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2023
It better be false because masses won't take it. It can only be a fake news on the account that mr. president has not signed it but the proposal is there and without the public outcry, it would have been signed with ease.

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by omenka(m): 7:48am On Jun 22, 2023
We all knew it was a lie. The opposition's appetite for bad news got the best of them on this one.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are There More Men Than Women In Nigeria? / CBN Rejects Adeosun's Call For Interest Rate Cut, Retains Benchmark Rat / Buhari Daughter Leaked PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.