Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others (440 Views)

RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others / RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others / APC Crisis: PMB, Osibanjo, Tinubu, Govs Meet Next Week To Determine Oshiomhole F (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by naptu2: 5:34am On Jun 22, 2023
RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others

Written by Mark Itsibor
9 hours ago

The Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) has denied media report (not in LEADERSHIP) that it has approved the increment of salaries of political office-holders, judicial and public office holders by 114 per cent.

In an exclusive discussion with LEADERSHIP, RMAFC Public Relations Officer, Christian Nwachukwu, said President Bola Tinubu has not given approval for the increment of salaries of public servants.

Rakiya Tanko-Ayuba, a Federal Commissioner in the Commission, had made the salary increment remark when she represented RMAFC chairman, Mohammad Shehu, at the presentation of the reports of the reviewed remuneration package to Kebbi State Governor, Nasir Idris, in Birnin Kebbi, on Tuesday.

Tanko-Ayuba reportedly said that implementation of the reviewed remuneration packages was effective from January 1, 2023, a claim that has been strongly denied by the Commission’s spokesman.

“Not my chairman. Not my chairman. My chairman has never made any statement on it. And I have not made any statement on it. No statement from chairman, no statement from me. So, I don’t know. I heard one of the Commissioners said it. I don’t want to be quoted,” the RMAFC spokesperson told our Correspondent while denying the Commissioner’s assertion.

“No approval yet. There is no approval yet. I don’t know the source of that story. Everything is under the process. It has to come as a Bill for Mr President to assent.

“The President has not given assent. Until the President gives assent, you cannot take it as if it has taken effect. You know that. You are a journalist.

“I don’t want to be quoted wrongly. The President has not given assent to it. It is still under the process,” Nwachukwu said over a phone chat with this writer.

Asked if the National Assembly has begun work on the proposal, he said: “it will be sent to National Assembly. Whichever way, whether it has been sent or not, the President has not assented to it. All those legislative process has to be completed; finally, it will land on Mr President’s table for assent. That has not been completed.”

When our correspondent asked if that means that the story making the rounds on salary increment was not true, Nwachukwu said: “just take it the way you understand it so that you don’t quote me anyhow.”

Asked whether the RMAFC has sent the executive bill through FEC to the National Assembly for deliberation, Nwachukwu simply said: “everything is under the process.”

https://leadership.ng/rmafc-denies-salary-increase-for-tinubu-govs-others/?

See previous thread here: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others

2 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Candidlady: 5:39am On Jun 22, 2023
Joke of a country

lipsrsealed
Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by press9jatv: 5:44am On Jun 22, 2023
naptu2:

https://leadership.ng/rmafc-denies-salary-increase-for-tinubu-govs-others/?

See previous thread here: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others
Abeg who are those deceiving themselves. Salaries of all the stakeholders have increased tremendously. Keep on deceiving yourself with your lies and propaganda
Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Breadandpeppers(f): 5:47am On Jun 22, 2023
APC damage control.com

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by helinues: 5:48am On Jun 22, 2023
Toh

Making 2 major false news since president Tinubu Departed to France.

Is this how the the Nigeria oppositions would waste another 4 years?

Opposition is not madness fcs

5 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Goalnaldo(m): 5:48am On Jun 22, 2023
Wetin con concern realmadrid fc(RMAFC) with salary increase?

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Sunnyshinylight(f): 6:14am On Jun 22, 2023
Fake denial

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Raskimonojendor: 6:16am On Jun 22, 2023

“No approval yet. There is no approval yet. I don’t know the source of that story. Everything is under the process. It has to come as a Bill for Mr President to assent.

“[b]The President has not given assent
. Until the President gives assent, you cannot take it as if it has taken effect. You know that. You are a journalist.[/b]

“I don’t want to be quoted wrongly. The President has not given assent to it. It is still under the process,” Nwachukwu said over a phone chat with this writer.

Asked if the National Assembly has begun work on the proposal, he said: “it will be sent to National Assembly. Whichever way, whether it has been sent or not, the President has not assented to it. All those legislative process has to be completed; finally, it will land on Mr President’s table for assent. That has not been completed.”

Of course. It was fake news. Majority of Nigerians lack a good understanding of how government is run in Nigeria, hence their ignorance. No wonder the politicians use them to play ludo.

3 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Racoon(m): 6:16am On Jun 22, 2023
helinues:
If you give a mad man a hoe, he must first make ridges for himself. Same case with the FG, before increasing workers salary, they want to increase theirs first.. grin
Damage control. This is what Tinubu supporters have already confirmed and are vehemently defending on this platform. So never you believe them.
Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Obinwenite(m): 6:24am On Jun 22, 2023
Notice how the same group of people that defended Buhari’s failure for 8yrs is now all over social media doing the same thing again.

At one minute they start blaming Buhari that they defended. They are all scattered all over nairaland.
There is no difference between what Buhari did and what Tinubu is doing.

We are watching…. Enemies of Nigeria we see una.

2 Likes

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:31am On Jun 22, 2023
Meanwhile some resident zonebs and agbadorians never see food chop, talk less of salary increase from their 30k allowee
Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by OldBeer: 6:33am On Jun 22, 2023
I didn't see it on NTA so I no bother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by ManWater: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2023
It just had to be fake news.
Would have been sheer wickedness on the part of government to further increase cost of governance when we should be talking of reducing it.
Re: RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others by Mynd44: 7:15am On Jun 22, 2023

(1)

I Don’t Understand. You’re Asking An Ode For Help. Wow! / From Druglord To President. The David Hundeyin Documentary That Will Hun Tinubu / Dangana Assumes Duty As Comptroller, Immigration Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.