Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,548 members, 7,865,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc (5579 Views)

What Did You Receive As Stay-At-Home Relief Package In Your Area? / Wait A Minute, How Did We Descend This Low - By Dele Momodu / What Did Obiano Do To Buhari Here, And Why Is Amaechi Edging Him Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Ogene001: 8:01am On Jun 22, 2023
XY23:

Another wishful thinker. Do you even know how forex market operates? What's our export volume as a country? Well, you can't vote bad leaders and be expecting to reap good through positive affirmation. Welcome to shegenomics. May it favour you and your family.
Only Peter Obi has plans for local production for export, this is the only way to strengthen the naira

1 Like

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by fx45(m): 8:11am On Jun 22, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
At least it will encourage local production for export. Nigeria is too big to be importing 90% of what it consumes. Producers will be compelled by reality to source for local raw materials.
How can you produce when you do not have power? Cost of diesel is over the roof. At the end, what is the cost of producing locally?
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by NeloNelo: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2023
Ogene001:

These people eeh,

What do you think?

‘Japa Syndrome’; Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gate

https://thegisthouse.com/japa-syndrome-peter-obi-agrees-with-bill-gate/
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by DanielPat01: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2023
Agbado boys I say make I update una.

1 Like

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2023
Ogene001:

Only Peter Obi has plans for local production for export, this is the only way to strengthen the naira

What were his local production while he was governor, what were the yields from his local produce? Post them, don’t just give us audio local production biko.

1 Like

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Shikini: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2023
Terrible
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:14am On Jun 22, 2023
DSC7:

The dollar rate will continue fluctuating as long as Tinupoo's brain keeps fluctuating.....

Does your president even know how much is #1 to 1$

Lol grin
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2023
CondenseMilk:

So na Bill gate be your hope?

Yes o. cheesy
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Flets: 8:22am On Jun 22, 2023
Candidlady:

It won't

Y'all just want this government to fail

You only wish it won’t, but realistically it will unless FG intervenes. You cannot float a currency in a country with terrible balance of trade deficit
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by LordAdam16: 8:24am On Jun 22, 2023
CandyOps:
I bought at the black market 760/$ yesterday evening. So what u talking about? 🤔

The parallel market has multiple echelons.

Physical (aboki) in PH will sell at a slightly different rate than one in Lagos or Kano.

P2P rate (crypto) is usually slightly higher (but can be lower when volatility is high)

Dollar card rate (for ordering and paying for stuff abroad) is way higher. The spread can go as high as 5% above the other rates.

That said, sensing weakness in the CBN's ability to intervene broadly, market makers are starting to quote higher rates. Rates fell as low as 860 last year before Meffy announced the naira redesign. The fundamentals loosely support a crash, inflation is raging and subsidies are being eliminated, creating a negative feedback loop further pushing the rate downward.

The CBN needs to take control of the situation before it spirals. We are now in a managed float regime. The operative term is managed. Time to start managing. Because the airlines have finalized plans to start pricing their tickets at N770/$1.

cc grandstar

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by tinsel: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2023
Op, the dollar is 750 in the black market. Forget all this media propaganda.
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by chidiokay: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It is a matter of simple basic economics my dear. Demand for dollars far outstrips the supply therefore price will keep rising until things even out (unless there are artificial supports introduced). We are far from things evening out when you also factor in Naija inflation at 23% and US at 3%

How can the demand for dollar ourstrips supply in a floated market, don't you guyz think at all, it shows you don't know shit about forces of DD & SS.
why did the impending fuel scarcity weeks ago vanish ?? what happened
Floating the market, means open market, multi sources of FX, competition and hoarding no longer viable .. these factor are tew strong not to influence positive change on the long run,
Nigerians are synonymous with now now, for the devaluation of Naira to take a desireable turn it will 1st rise a bit but it won't exceed 800+ at most BEFORE it dwindle, naira will gain value the moment we import less and do the norms for a start.
Nigeria problems are artificial, human created, going back to norms is enough to trigger positive changes

Optimal local production within the country will trim down Inflation drastically .. the govt just needs to be committed & sincerely, so far the govt of the day have shown pace & proficiency. we just have to give the govt time whether you like it or not, NO magic

1 Like

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by PoliteActivist: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2023
chidiokay:

How can the demand for dollar ourstrips supply in a floated market, don't you guyz think at all, it shows you don't know shit about forces of DD & SS.
why did the impending fuel scarcity weeks ago vanish ?? what happened
Floating the market, means open market, multi sources of FX, competition and hoarding no longer viable .. these factor are tew strong not to influence positive change on the long run,
Nigerians are synonymous with now now, for the devaluation of Naira to take a desireable turn it will 1st rise a bit but it won't exceed 800+ at most BEFORE it dwindle, naira will gain value the moment we import less and do the norms for a start.
Nigeria problems are artificial, human created, going back to norms is enough to trigger positive changes

Optimal local production within the country will trim down Inflation drastically .. the govt just needs to be committed & sincerely, so far the govt of the day have shown pace & proficiency. we just have to give the govt time whether you like it or not, NO magic

I wish I could share your optimism but I'm too realistic.
The only saving grace why it hasn't tanked completely is because they left some controls in place. Naira is not truly floating like, say, USD
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by PoliteActivist: 8:47am On Jun 22, 2023
tinsel:
Op, the dollar is 750 in the black market. Forget all this media propaganda.

Did you consider someone could be cheating you?
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by chidiokay: 8:52am On Jun 22, 2023
XY23:

Another wishful thinker. Do you even know how forex market operates? What's our export volume as a country? Well, you can't vote bad leaders and be expecting to reap good through positive affirmation. Welcome to shegenomics. May it favour you and your family.

Call it wishful but i call it Optimism founded on the pace and profieciency the govt have exhibited so far, from baba go slow to baba go far and you expect sane Nigerians not to be optimistic.

I don't need to be Forex operator, a basic knowledge of DD & SS forces is enough guide,
Availability is major key decider in the market forces, when there is no reason to hoard, bribe, use connection or long leg the market is fair for competition to thrive. sincerity & commitment is just what these govt need to succeed they are on the right path

You can't wish for doom and expect not to a designated recipient, may it hit you & your family. olodos

1 Like

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Tunechi5(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2023
Ajagunakin:
Fake news grin
lol whats fake

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by chidiokay: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I wish I could share your optimism but I'm too realistic.
The only saving grace why it hasn't tanked completely is because they left some controls in place. Naira is not truly floating like, say, USD

You small, I am a full blooded realist on scale, however no sane human should be void of "Optimism"
Take it or leave it, it is just to early and premature to conclude a new adminstration we fail, despite the laudable steps taking so far ... Bro you are insincere
Insincerity defeat whatever you think of yourselves as a realist

1 Like

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by lizko(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2023
[Nobi Nigeria we deh so, don't be surprise the paid bill gate handlers heavenly just to come for photo shoot, just like paying president then to congrats him when the realized his victory in the poll was not making wave. With a good bargain they can get Elon's musk to to come and snap pictures and go just to push to the poor a narrative.quote author=Zxcvbnmghtr post=123956052]It went down and so low a few days ago. It will continue to fluctuate, high and low that's the meaning of floating which is a good thing. It will start to gradually decline once Tinubu revitalizes all productive sectors for exports. Couple with the fact that Tinubu's government is working towards creating an enabling environment for foreign investors of which so far the likes of Bill Gate and others have shown interest. So far so good.[/quote]
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Ketu223(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2023
Hello people

Please help a friend not to fall victim.

Does anyone know OAKCREDIT & CO LTD if they are into POF .

A friend saw their flyer and contacted so my friend has agree to the interest rate because they ask him to pay first before they will credit him.
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:35am On Jun 22, 2023
lizko:
[Nobi Nigeria we deh so, don't be surprise the paid bill gate handlers heavenly just to come for photo shoot, just like paying president then to congrats him when the realized his victory in the poll was not making wave. With a good bargain they can get Elon's musk to to come and snap pictures and go just to push to the poor a narrative.quote author=Zxcvbnmghtr post=123956052]It went down and so low a few days ago. It will continue to fluctuate, high and low that's the meaning of floating which is a good thing. It will start to gradually decline once Tinubu revitalizes all productive sectors for exports. Couple with the fact that Tinubu's government is working towards creating an enabling environment for foreign investors of which so far the likes of Bill Gate and others have shown interest. So far so good.

grin grin grin
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:37am On Jun 22, 2023
Ogene001:

Oh really? grin
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by soccerlite: 9:58am On Jun 22, 2023
buhari and his demons are enjoying themselves, while the poor pay for their mess through tinubu
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by ukaface(f): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2023
Candidlady:

It won't

tor
But E don fail already
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by soccerlite: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2023
Candidlady:

It won't

Fail as how

What is the loss of tinubu if he fails nigeria, what's buhari losing now for failing nigeria

You are funny
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by PoliteActivist: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2023
chidiokay:

You small, I am a full blooded realist on scale, however no sane human should be void of "Optimism"
Take it or leave it, it is just to early and premature to conclude a new adminstration we fail, despite the laudable steps taking so far ... Bro you are insincere
Insincerity defeat whatever you think of yourselves as a realist

Who said anything about a new administration failing?
We are discussing wether Naira will depreciate more. That's all. What if it gets to $1K but wages are increased and there is plenty Naira everywhere.
So, you the one being insincere and unnecessarily defensive

1 Like

Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by LikeAking: 11:10am On Jun 22, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
It went down and so low a few days ago. It will continue to fluctuate, high and low that's the meaning of floating which is a good thing. It will start to gradually decline once Tinubu revitalizes all productive sectors for exports. Couple with the fact that Tinubu's government is working towards creating an enabling environment for foreign investors of which so far the likes of Bill Gate and others have shown interest. So far so good.

Be logical...
Naso e go dey fluctuate go to 5k.
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by chidiokay: 11:21am On Jun 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Who said anything about a new administration failing?
We are discussing wether Naira will depreciate more. That's all. What if it gets to $1K but wages are increased and there is plenty Naira everywhere.
So, you the one being insincere and unnecessarily defensive

We all want Naira to Appreciate but it is not a rocket science, there is a process and phases that leads to desire results
So far the new administration are following the right path, the pace & reforms are good that is the basis for "our" optimism.

There is no way dollar will get to 1k if the govt keeps the proficiency and pace they exhibit now, Nigeria is not facing supernatural problems, our problems are artificial all we need is pro activeness & implementations that resonate sincerity & devotion. o tan

I can't even make any sense of your last paragraph, so i leave you to drown in your pessimism.
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by bjdon: 11:30am On Jun 22, 2023
Nigerians need to GROW UP and start understanding how REAL economics work. The strength or weakness of a nations currency is directly proportional to how much that nation imports. In Nigeria we practically import EVERYTHING and apart from Oil, hardly export anything in significant quantities. What do you expect would happen with the Niara in such circumstances? Untill we reduce imports and increase exports nothing will change. The currency will continue to get weaker
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by Freelancerr(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2023
Omo like this na person wey go sitdon teach me forex and crypto trading 1 on 1 I dey look for like this ooo.

Make me self follow sit down for house de print dollar.
Re: See How Much I'm About To Buy Dollar What Did We Do To Apc by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:44am On Jun 22, 2023
Freelancerr:
Omo like this na person wey go sitdon teach me forex and crypto trading 1 on 1 I dey look for like this ooo.

Make me self follow sit down for house de print dollar.

😂🤣 Are you ready to pay the price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Is The Guardian's Man Of The Year 2009 / Pictures of Alleged Buhari underaged voters / DANGEROUS WORDS FROM ALIYU GWARZO.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.