Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,639 members, 7,854,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide (2773 Views)

My Friend Is Contemplating Suicide / Contemplating suicide / Help! Am Contemplating Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by MrPOTUS: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2023
embarassed

I've faced two of these addictions and it's not funny.

Start first with the Gambling addiction, try quiting it coz most times, it's the trigger for the rest.

You see that masturbation, Omo, run to God o.

That shit is a chain that's hard to break.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by yetmao: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Very insensitive of you!😠

I dont pity anybody that is suicidal. The statement comes to me as being selfish. If you dont value your life, think of people that have invested into your life. I had a cousin that die by suicide shortly after graduating from university, his single mother investment and struggle on him just gone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by MrPOTUS: 8:58am On Jun 23, 2023
yetmao:

I dont pity anybody that is suicidal. The statement comes to me as being selfish. If you dont value your life, think of people that have invested into your life. I had a cousin that die by suicide shortly after graduating from university, his single mother investment in him just gone.

Easier to write when you've not even put a foot in their shoes.

Till you've also gone thru depression, you don't know what it is.

3 Likes

Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Sharpsharp00123: 9:01am On Jun 23, 2023
ITbomb:
Obviously you are a rich spoilt kid because those addictions you listed there are damn expensive and you are cruising them like nothing. Your mama even got time to pray for ya.

First thing, you can't change by yourself, you need some good company to keep your mind focus in positive aspirations.
No one even stop addiction by himself, the addiction need to be replaced by good substitute. It's all in your mind.

Try games first, playing football for instance or swimming.
Enroll in a choreography group.
Learn a skill, programming is engaging if you have any background
he has too much cash to throw around

N that’s y
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by yetmao: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2023
MrPOTUS:

Easier to write when you've not even put a foot in their shoes.

Till you've also gone thru depression, you don't know what it is.

As early as 18, I ve been involved in NGO job, I ve lived inside orphanages and volunteer in hospital. My point is, people are daily fighting to live and somebody said he want to die! Because of self-imposed depression!

Government should just legalize suicide provided the person will donate his vital organs to people that need it to live. That way suicidal people can useful to the society
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by sta1: 9:10am On Jun 23, 2023
1. The fact that you woke up in the land of the living today is testimony to the fact that God is not done with you yet; He still has purpose for your life.

2. God can and has forgiven more heineous offences than you have committed. Be remorseful and ask His Holy Spirit to help you repent = U = turn away.

3. Call out Jesus' name three times. 'Three' is the number of confirmation. When you call Jesus, he comes, and the dynamic of your situation changes.

4. Aim to be less self-absorbed and take your eyes off yourself. Help those in need, this will warm your heart.

5. You think you want sex but what you truly need is emotional connecton/ emotional intimacy. Sex without this is just going through the motions. Sex with prostitutes and sex with yourself ( = masturbation) are not just both sinful but delay and/ or prevent you from attaining higher sex; the loving joyful sex that God intended for us to have. God is not anti-sex; it just has a purpose and context - matrimony.

6. When we have sex with people, we form soul-ties. Thus sex does not only affect us physically, mentally, and emotionally but also spiritually.

7. Your sexuality should be like a gift that you open up to give to your spouse.

8. Even if you are not presently in a relationship remember that being alone does not have to equate to being lonely...be a caring and kind friend and relative.

9. Not today Satan: Be wise to the enemy's same old game plan - money & sex, sex & money; to gain a man's soul, may he no longer take you for mumu.

10. Sing or play worship music to scatter the enemy from your vicinity.

3 Likes

Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Foodqueen(f): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2023
4Additions:
Patronizing olosho: it all started when I was in secondary school jss2 can remember vividly a not too close friend of mine introduced me to a local brothel. That day I got disvirgin ever since then, I have been patronizing olosho up till this moment. I haven't had a girlfriend since I was born, just pay as you go.. I spend huge sums, like 40k a night.. 20k short time, like 5 days in a week. I am dying within me. I can't seem to stop.

Gambling: this has been eating me since 2017, but it has been getting worse since 2020. Every money I make I put it into sporty bet. I can't seem to stop, it's almost like I'm being manipulated. Just this year alone I have lost close to millions of naira. I think I am curse. I am dying deep within me. I can't seem to stop.

Masturbation: due to depression, I started masturbating in early 2020 up till now, even when I'm with a runs gal I still masturbate. It has become a habit that I can't seem to stop. I am dying deep within me.

Drugs intake: I was introduced to drugs by a runs gal I carried in 2019. I still remember that day. Now I take drugs like it's water in my system. I'm depressed, I turn to drugs..when I lose in sportybet I turn to drugs then I masturbate.. I logde hotel just to take drugs. I'm so skinny.. people are starting to complain. I know, but I can't seem to stop. I'm dying deep within me.

I have contemplated suicide several times but I haven't made up my mind to end it yet because I know just snipper will end this. I still have hope, but I don't know how to redirect my life. I have tried and tried, I don't know how. I tried to enroll myself in a rehab and booked an appointment with them but they didn't talk well . I am dying..I need help.

Please, I need help.

I have told my mom about this she should pray for me. I am ready to go to church, herbalist, shrine or mosque to reconstruct my life.
I can't help myself.
Everytime I try to stop just 24hours I relapse the next day.

I wish I can just die.
Every night I sleep and wish not to wake up because once I do I know it's same suffering.
I am like a living corpse that's breathing but dying with great pace. I might just take my life but I wish I can survive.

Nlfpmod

Waoh!!

How busy are you with your daily activity.

U don't need to rush yourself in stopping the addictions at a time. It's one at a time, else you will always go back to all.

What do u do

Maybe u should learn a skill that will make you more busy during the day.

Keep your money with your mom, if she's someone you trust not to mismanage it, to avoid gambling.

Above all u need to be determined to stop

And please, do not attempt suicide.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Mindlog: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2023
yetmao:

I dont pity anybody that is suicidal. The statement comes to me as being selfish. If you dont value your life, think of people that have invested into your life. I had a cousin that die by suicide shortly after graduating from university, his single mother investment and struggle on him just gone.

Yes, I understand you feel pained by your cousin dying by suicide and the thought of your grieving aunt left behind.

I work with suicidal adolescents, the one I am presently working with attempts suicide at least twice a day despite 4 workers being around him 24hrs and UK govt paying heavily for it (those 4 workers at every 12 hrs shift on its own costs about £960, not to talk of overhead costs) the police and the ambulance are daily called in and the youngster ends up in the hospital and still makes efforts to attempt suicide even while in the hospital.

Suicidal thoughts is a grave mental health issue, where self-preservation has switched off in the person's brain as suicidal ideation offers a relieving feeling and the person eagerly seeks it.....it is tough for them.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by MrPOTUS: 9:44am On Jun 23, 2023
yetmao:

As early as 18, I ve been involved in NGO job, I ve lived inside orphanages and volunteer in hospital. My point is, people are daily fighting to live and somebody said he want to die! Because of self-imposed depression!

Government should just legalize suicide provided the person will donate his vital organs to people that need it to live. That way suicidal people can useful to the society

Your first paragraph is an example of how life works.

There are people who waste money on frivolities and there are those who need money desperately for survival... Law of polarity always take it effect.

I've had my own fair share of addictions and depression and one thing I know, it's never a great pool to swin in. lipsrsealed
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by RenaissanceGuy: 9:54am On Jun 23, 2023
Go to any Deeper Life church around you. Trust me, you'll not regret it.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Odward(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2023
If you want to die go and die lmao😹
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by yetmao: 10:18am On Jun 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Yes, I understand you feel pained by your cousin dying by suicide and the thought of your grieving aunt left behind.

I work with suicidal adolescents, the one I am presently working with attempts suicide at least twice a day despite 4 workers being around him 24hrs and UK govt paying heavily for it (those 4 workers at every 12 hrs shift on its own costs about £960, not to talk of overhead costs) the police and the ambulance are daily called in and the youngster ends up in the hospital and still makes efforts to attempt suicide even while in the hospital.

Suicidal thoughts is a grave mental health issue, where self-preservation has switched off in the person's brain as suicidal ideation offers a relieving feeling and the person eagerly seeks it.....it is tough for them.

You may right from professional point of view. I m also prolife. I also believe no matter the situation, I will never consider suicide as the only out. I ve even prefer the problem to kill me than killing myself. Most times, I always come out stronger.

Maybe some people are too privileged in life, that they dont need to struggle for anything. Life become too dull, they seek indulgence, get hooked, find life meaningless and end it.

OP used to spend 40k for olosho a night. That's the salary for some family men with children in school and they are surviving. I wish he can beat his addiction, if anybody mention suicide in my presence, I will help him to buy SNIPER
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by ErnestNc: 10:37am On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Which God? Hope you are not speaking to Him of the same God who instead said His Love for men exists only for those who live their lives in obedience to His teachings and Jesus Christ much the same as Jesus Christ Himself did - John 15 vs 9 - 11 & John 13 vs 1 ? undecided

You are a super false teacher .

You think you're more righteous?
Only God knows the vile thoughts and abominations in your heart.

God loves that young man and also sent his son to die for him so he can be redeemed.

There's nothing you can do to earn the love of God. He even loved us all and gave himself for us before we were born. So there's nothing we did to deserve it.

You're so unbelievably false and less compassionate. You speak like Satan.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by DamianDd: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2023
4Additions:
Patronizing olosho: it all started when I was in secondary school jss2 can remember vividly a not too close friend of mine introduced me to a local brothel. That day I got disvirgin ever since then, I have been patronizing olosho up till this moment. I haven't had a girlfriend since I was born, just pay as you go.. I spend huge sums, like 40k a night.. 20k short time, like 5 days in a week. I am dying within me. I can't seem to stop.

Gambling: this has been eating me since 2017, but it has been getting worse since 2020. Every money I make I put it into sporty bet. I can't seem to stop, it's almost like I'm being manipulated. Just this year alone I have lost close to millions of naira. I think I am curse. I am dying deep within me. I can't seem to stop.

Masturbation: due to depression, I started masturbating in early 2020 up till now, even when I'm with a runs gal I still masturbate. It has become a habit that I can't seem to stop. I am dying deep within me.

Drugs intake: I was introduced to drugs by a runs gal I carried in 2019. I still remember that day. Now I take drugs like it's water in my system. I'm depressed, I turn to drugs..when I lose in sportybet I turn to drugs then I masturbate.. I logde hotel just to take drugs. I'm so skinny.. people are starting to complain. I know, but I can't seem to stop. I'm dying deep within me.

I have contemplated suicide several times but I haven't made up my mind to end it yet because I know just snipper will end this. I still have hope, but I don't know how to redirect my life. I have tried and tried, I don't know how. I tried to enroll myself in a rehab and booked an appointment with them but they didn't talk well . I am dying..I need help.

Please, I need help.

I have told my mom about this she should pray for me. I am ready to go to church, herbalist, shrine or mosque to reconstruct my life.
I can't help myself.

I wish I can just die.
Every night I sleep and wish not to wake up because once I do I know it's same suffering.
I am like a living corpse that's breathing but dying with great pace. I might just take my life but I wish I can survive.

Nlfpmod

Then you don't want to stop. It's in your brain it's not controlling you, if you truly want to stop you'll stop. Stop being little shit about it and quit your addictions you're a man not a pussy.

First understand you have a high sex drive so get a girlfriend even if it's a gold digger since you have the money for it but just use her for sex.

Learn to control your masturbation and make it 2 or 3 times a week. Nothing wrong with masturbating so don't kill yourself about that

Gambling, go broke and you'll stop gambling. This is caused by excess money you thinking you have. When you start choosing between food and gambling you'll obviously choose to survive

Drugs? Find the reason why you started drugs.... It's depression right? What can cute depression? Work on your purpose in life and if you don't have a purpose then find it and as soon as your life has meaning you'll stop drugs. I presume if you can fix the first 3 addictions then you'll fix your drug adduction because I believe you use drugs as a coping mechanism to feel alive or like your life has a true meaning.

Reach out to me on Instagram if you need some reality check brother... once in a while about how much of a weak man you are lol @Mooner_x

BE A MAN AND TAKE YOUR LIFE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Queenttoast01: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Go through this thread, you will know the God I am talking about.

https://www.nairaland.com/7568408/way-sinner-leads-destruction-way

Kobojunkie:
Which God? Hope you are not speaking to Him of the same God who instead said His Love for men exists only for those who live their lives in obedience to His teachings and Jesus Christ much the same as Jesus Christ Himself did - John 15 vs 9 - 11 & John 13 vs 1 ? undecided
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Benekkk: 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Well, you have no value or use to us in the first place...
Amongst everything you said, na that OLOSHO one annoying me pass. And for the fact that you pay WHORÈS for sex?
God forbid!

I can never value any sex with a WHORÈ ( ANY GIRL WITH MORE THAN TWO BODYCOUNT ) , nor pay for sex.

Interestingly, u even carry your virginity give OLOSHO.

YOU'RE A WASTE PRODUCT!
Nairaland is a very good place. This must be a very good way to help someone who cries out for assistance with his problems.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by jesmond3945: 1:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
4Additions:

Please, I need help.

I can't help myself.

I wish I can just die.

Nlfpmod

you are takiing a short cut to fight depression. Thats a cowardly way. You fight depression head on
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
ya neva see poverty that is your problem. sad IMAGINE THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS YOU GAMBLE AWAY WHILE MUSA DEY HUSTLE OKADA TO CHOP AKARA BALLS TO SURVIVE. sad hope you no do money ritual. angry
But if your hands are clean, allow your lifestyle to change,leave that environment and go find peace in a solemn cathedral.
Sell all you have and give some to the orphanage homes and embrace Jesus Christ for a new life. grin
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by ghettochild(m): 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
It's because u r idle..
Enrol for learnership at any mechanic or welder workshop. Infact the former is better
At night u will b too tired to masturbate..
Or cultivate the habit of watching series at night
Try with silo
When u r done..I'll tell u other series u can start binge watching.
As par ur gambling..
Na because u get extra money ooo na why u dey gamble..
See gambling as fun thing not a get Rich at all cost syndrome..
I dey gamble but no b everytime n na with little money o cos I know tomorrow is another day.. the games no dey end oo....
Just get busy... u won't have time for those addictions
If I tell u prayers...
Na lie ooo.. if u know decide from ur heart of hearts to change...
Hence the reason for ur relapse
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by eepeepook: 3:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
See you on the other side. Since you're a Nairalander, you're more likely to die from a shark attack than a suicide. I'll see you in three days dragging first-to-comment position on the front page.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
Queenttoast01:
Go through this thread, you will know the God I am talking about.

https://www.nairaland.com/7568408/way-sinner-leads-destruction-way
I am afraid your thread is filled with meaningless soundbites that skimp on the truth of God what I call soundbites. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, same one called God of Israel said His only inheritance in the land of Men is the people of Israel and those from among them whom He loves are those who obey His teachings and commandments-- His Law. The same sent His Son , Jesus Christ only to the Lost sheep of Israel proclaiming yet again that His Love is shelved away only for those among them who obey Him even as Jesus Christ obeyed Him - John 15 vs 9 - 11 & John 13 vs 1. Clearly, it can't be the same God that you speak with those many soundbites picker out of context. undecided
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by BscHolder: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
yetmao:
Just add suicide to the addictions making five
grin
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by BscHolder: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
yetmao:

he graduate from University come commit suicide?
How come?
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Af0nja: 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
The thing about addiction is that it is deceptive and not as strong as you think it is.

For instance, that trigger to smoke or pop pills or sniff coke or smoke crack/meth only comes once In a while.

That little pinch of trigger that pushes you to go for it is not as consistent as breathing. It's like a reminder, but you chose not to ignore it.

When you realize this, you see how easy it is to quit. You have 24 hours a day, in that hours, how many times do you get that trigger?

Ignore it and fill your day with other activities.

Then distant yourself from that environment that's causing it.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by JobAndVacancies: 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Lol
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
yetmao:
â–  I dont pity anybody that is suicidal. The statement comes to me as being selfish. If you dont value your life, think of people that have invested into your life. I had a cousin that die by suicide shortly after graduating from university, his single mother investment and struggle on him just gone.
Was he a depressed being before the incident or how exactly did you fine out he killed himself? undecided
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by notttty(m): 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
silvoclaira:
''I don't know if it's the evil I have done in the past that's affecting''

shed more light
Thus ys crack cocaine thats ypur problems man. bro. Go seek for help. You need help honestly. It's Crack cocaine that's killing you others can be managed reach out to me I can help you.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by yetmao: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Was he a depressed being before the incident or how exactly did you fine out he killed himself? undecided

He wasnt showing sign of depression. He came home after graduating. I saw him 2 days before totally jovial and just being his usual self. They tried to save him on time but he removed the drip they used to treat him...

The only hint he gave was posting this song Libianca - People on his timeline
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by yetmao: 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
BscHolder:
he graduate from University come commit suicide?
How come?

e shock me o.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Blaqroman0000: 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2023
Chat me up
I'll help you
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by Mystery9(m): 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
If you truly want help, run to Jesus Christ.
Re: I Got 4 Addictions: I Am Contemplating Suicide by PapaNnamdi: 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2023
my own na the sporty bet dashboard,
I never use eye see grey dashboard for a long time
wtf

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need To Sparkle My Life Am In A Boring Relationship / What's Wrong With Having Only One Child? / How Many Kid Will You Like To Have, Sugest Their Names Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.