Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,228 members, 7,842,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

“Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT (7540 Views)

Kano Governor Yusuf Hires Tinubu’s Lawyer, Wole Olanipekun, To Regain Mandate / Tinubu To PEPT: Nullifying The Election Over 25% FCT Could Cause Anarchy, Chaos / Stop Renouncing Your Citizenship. FG Tells Nigerian Youths! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by mrdharkchild(m): 2:07am On Jun 24, 2023
No be Olodo, na Olododo
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Saltinny: 2:09am On Jun 24, 2023
mrdharkchild:
No be Olodo, na Olododo

Dodo
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by KanwuliaExtra: 2:15am On Jun 24, 2023
You can only get that from a criminal-minded AGBADO-SAN in 'westerm-NIGERIA'. grin

2 Likes

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Saltinny: 2:17am On Jun 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
You can only get that from a criminal-minded AGBADO-SAN in 'westerm-NIGERIA'. grin

Aka Awolowo free education

2 Likes

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by snowball11(m): 3:10am On Jun 24, 2023
Olanipekun: This Guinean passport Expired in 2020 witness

Witness: The data page expired and not the citizenship. Tinubu is still their citizen.

Olanipekun: Witness would you want anyone to scandalize you

W: That is why I won’t involve in forgery of documents so that nobody would scandalize me.

Olanipekun is now shouting again: Witness would you just answer the question. I said would you want anyone, anybody at all to just scandalize you

Justice Bolaji: He has answered you please. We got his answer

Witness: Thank you my lord. I don’t forge documents.

Olanipekun: Okay my lord. That would be all.

The above cross examination was the punchline.

Just imagine how foolish a supposed SAN was sounding! grin

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by gare(f): 3:27am On Jun 24, 2023
Zupay:
So Nigerians whose Nigerian passports have expired, are no longer Nigeria citizens?😆😆😆

Don't mind the dumb lawyer that, how can he say a thing like that because he wants to defend Tinubu, this is a senior lawyer saying this, even an undergraduate law student can't say that
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by ottersberger(m): 6:49am On Jun 24, 2023
jackcanfield:
Abeg let us have regular hilarious court preview ...

People do take diplomatic passport to have immunity against standing trails in court.I know some country sell such passport, so it is a valid point to say once the passport expires the citizenship ends with all it's rights and immunity.

But in this case it is an honorary passport according to Ex President Conde.

Honorary Citizenship and Passports
Search

APRIL 6, 2019
Honorary citizenship is a status bestowed by a country on a foreign or native individual whom considered to be especially admirable, exceptional, worthy of the distinction.

Several countries such as Germany, United States, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Greece, Cambodia, Germany, St Kitts and Nevis have awarded honorary citizenship to outstanding individuals.

United States has awarded honorary citizenship to 8 individuals since 1963

But honorary citizenships is not a real citizenship, much inferior to ordinary citizenship, do not provide full citizenship rights like ordinary citizens. It is also one of the weakest form of citizenship compared to other types. Honorary citizens do not qualify for passports with some countries like Ireland being an exception.

Honorary passports in most cases are not valid travel documents.

Awarding Honorary citizenships are purely political decision

Disadvantages
Honorary citizenship does not carry with it the rights and privileges of ordinary citizenship, and such status does not confer any special entry, travel or immigration benefits upon the honoree or the honorees relatives and dependents.

It also does not impose additional duties or responsibilities, in the United States or internationally, on the honoree. It is a strictly symbolic act.

No oath is required.

The honorary citizenship ends with the death of the honoured, or, in exceptional cases, when it is taken away by the council or parliament of state.

Honorary Passports
Honorary passports are usually not valid travel documents. Some countries to issue passports valid for travel to honorary citizens.

Revoking
Unlike real legal citizenship, which is very hard to revoke due to Article 15 of the U.N.’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights, revoking honorary citizenship is not uncommon. Recently Canada revoked honorary citizenship of Suu Kyi

There’s a practical reason for honorary citizenship does not make “real” citizens: being a national/citizen of a country is not just about privileges and rights; it’s also about duties and responsibilities to that country (not mere loyalty/identity, which is not something defined by law). A nationality links you and obligates you to a country’s laws and constitution — even if you don’t live in the country

United States
Honorary citizens are not eligible for U.S. regular, official, or diplomatic passports or passport cards.
Honorary US passports convey respect, but are not valid travel documents, and do not confer any special entry, travel or immigration benefits.
Ireland
Ireland is the only country that awards full real citizenship rights. Ireland’s honorary citizenship is full form of citizenship, with entitlement to an Irish passport and the other rights of Irish citizenship on the same basis as a naturalized Irish citizen. This has been awarded to twelve people.

South Korea
South Korea has bestowed honorary citizenship to 823 people from 97 countries to date as of 2019. Benefits include honorary citizens can be appointed as member of various committees of the city government

Singapore
In Singapore, honorary citizenship conferred for life, including the right to live and work, buy property in Singapore, as well as their immediate dependent family members, but unlike Singapore citizenship, they have no voting rights or obligations to fulfill National Service

Canada
In Canada, Honorary citizenship is purely symbolic; the recipient does not receive any of the rights, passport, privileges, or duties typically held by a Canadian citizen

Australia
Honorary Citizenship may be granted to an individual who is considered to be especially admirable or worthy of the distinction. It is a symbolic honour; the recipient does not receive any rights, privileges or duties typically held by an Australian citizen.

Greece
The Greek nationality law has provisions of honorary naturalization to distinguished persons who provided exceptional services to the state in the interest of public. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson became honorary citizens of Greece.

Vanuatu
The pacific country of Vanuatu awarded honorary citizenships under VERP in 2015 for those who paid $115,000.

Honorary citizenship under the VERP were given vanuatu ordinary Passport with the right to carry out investment in Vanuatu. Those holding honorary citizenship under the VERP must not hold or serve in any public office prohibited stand as a candidate and vote at any of the general, provincial or municipal elections.

Culled

https://best-citizenships.com/2019/04/06/honorary-citizenship-and-passports/

Dude, cap your nonsense. Tinubu is a bona fide citizen of Guinea. He failed to produce evidence to the contrary in the ongoing trail. The PEPT courtroom is the trial venue, not Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by senatordave1(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

Dude, cap your nonsense. Tinubu is a bona fide citizen of Guinea. He failed to produce evidence to the contrary in the ongoing trail. The PEPT courtroom is the trial venue, not Nairaland.

Pdp failed to produce evidence showing he's a citizen of guinea beyond passport.the constitution asks whether he voluntarily acquired citizenship
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

I should cap my nonsense, why should he be the one to produce evidence, is he the accusser l. You that know so much about the genuineness of his citizenship should be kind to produce evidence..

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Saao(m): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2023
Zupay:
So Nigerians whose Nigerian passports have expired, are no longer Nigeria citizens?😆😆😆
don't mind the man. I thought he's an intelligent man. My passport has expired so I'm no longer Nigerian? Funny SAN
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Fewwords(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2023
Olanipekun is a senseless man lawyer.u go to a phone shop, u bought a phone and recharge it.whether d credit expires or not, d phone remain your phone.therefore, tinubu is still their citizen

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Fewwords(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2023
My passport expired last year so I am no longer a Nigerian....senseless SAN Olanipekun

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by ottersberger(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

Pdp failed to produce evidence showing he's a citizen of guinea beyond passport.the constitution asks whether he voluntarily acquired citizenship

So, the citizenship was forced on him?.

Did he accept it or not?. Was it your face on the passport data page or Amoda's (Alias Ahmed Bola), and who provided the biometric data - picture, fingerprint, signature for that involuntary acquisition, you?.

All of you are criminals going by your antecedents. How is anyone supposed to be privy to what is hatched and executed without our knowledge. Does it become less of a crime when individuals conspire and indeed proceed to rob a bank because the victim cannot provide evidence of the partaker's conspiracy?.

Did they rob the bank or not?. That is the substance of the case and for which they must be convicted if found culpable. By your flawed logic, if Atiku cannot provide footage or admission by Tinubu of him begging Conde's fix man to facilitate citizenship for him, so he gets to be issued a Guinea passport for whatever filthy reason he may need it, Atiku has no case.

Are you ok?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by ottersberger(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2023
jackcanfield:

I should cap my nonsense, why should he be the one to produce evidence, is he the accusser l. You that know so much about the genuineness of his citizenship should be kind to produce evidence..

He's a Nigerian citizen. This is about his country, his future, and his children's.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by senatordave1(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

So, the citizenship was forced on him?.

Did he accept it or not?. Was it your face on the passport data page or Amoda's (Alias Ahmed Bola), and who provided the biometric data - picture, fingerprint, signature for that involuntary acquisition, you?.

All of you are criminals going by your antecedents. How is anyone supposed to be privy to what is hatched and executed without our knowledge. Does it become less of a crime when individuals conspire and indeed proceed to rob a bank because the victim cannot provide evidence of the partaker's conspiracy?.

Did they rob the bank or not?. That is the substance of the case and for which they must be convicted if found culpable. By your flawed logic, if Atiku cannot provide footage or admission by Tinubu of him begging Conde's fix man to facilitate citizenship for him, so he gets to be issued a Guinea passport for whatever filthy reason he may need it, Atiku has no case.

Are you ok?.

I should Ask if your ok.saraki and others that are citizens by birth abroad that won their case,where they forced to accept? Why didn't they reject it? He did not voluntarily acquire,that's all.atiku lule
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by obi4eze(m): 8:10am On Jun 24, 2023
This will never make front-page because of the biased mods. This news has been trending since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by ottersberger(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

I should Ask if your ok.saraki and others that are citizens by birth abroad that won their case,where they forced to accept? Why didn't they reject it? He did not voluntarily acquire,that's all.atiku lule

Read what you wrote again and correct yourself. They are citizens by birth, therefore involuntary. What is the letter of the constitution, voluntary or involuntary?.

Did Saraki and the others you refer to having involuntarily become citizens by the accident of their birth also swore an oath of allegiance to a foreign entity as with naturalization?.

Dude, are you really ok?.

2 Likes

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by HNICEARTH: 8:19am On Jun 24, 2023
According to Olanipekun, my citizenship have expired.

Warra SAN grin

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by senatordave1(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

Read what you wrote again and correct yourself. They are citizens by birth, therefore involuntary. What is the letter of the constitution, voluntary or involuntary?.

Did Saraki and the others you refer to having involuntarily become citizens by the accident of their birth also swore an oath of allegiance to a foreign entity as with naturalization?.

Dude, are you really ok?.

Oga,citizenry by conferment or award or diplomatic citizen is also involuntary.tinubu could have pleaded that he was not aware of it.voluntsrily acquiring a citizen is when you purposely seek for it through naturalization or registration and he didn't.moreover,the guinean authority will obviously testify against atiku.boy I ask again,are you ok? Visit yabsleft asap
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by ottersberger(m): 8:50am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

Oga,citizenry by conferment or award or diplomatic citizen is also involuntary.tinubu could have pleaded that he was not aware of it.voluntsrily acquiring a citizen is when you purposely seek for it through naturalization or registration and he didn't.moreover,the guinean authority will obviously testify against atiku.boy I ask again,are you ok? Visit yabsleft asap

First off, my Son will severely manhandle you if he were to meet with you on the account of calling his dad a boy.

That said, Tinubu lawyers failed to impeach the witness testimony with facts that promote your line of argument. I agree that may be helpful to his defense, but they failed to provide that evidence. And even at that, he failed to declare that “involuntary” acquisition in his application to Inec, nor did he provide evidence that he rejected that “involuntary” citizenship.

There's no such thing as involuntary citizenship, having not obtained same at birth.

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by senatordave1(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

First off, my Son will severely manhandle you if he were to meet with you on the account of calling his dad a boy.

That said, Tinubu lawyers failed to impeach the witness testimony with facts that promote your line of argument. I agree that may be helpful to his defense, but they failed to provide that evidence. And even at that, he failed to declare that “involuntary” acquisition in his application to Inec, nor did he provide evidence that he rejected that “involuntary” citizenship.

There's no such thing as involuntary citizenship, having not obtained same at birth.

The burden of proof is on petitioners not the defence.they were to convincingly prove to the court that tinubu not just acquired citizenship but voluntarily acquired it.it is incumbent to prove their case beyond doubt.their only evidence is an expired passport and alpha conde's words which are inadequate.

In his inec form,he was asked if he voluntarily acquired citizenship.he clearly said no.it is left for atiku to prove otherwise beyond doubt
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by ottersberger(m): 9:03am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

The burden of proof is on petitioners not the defence.they were to convincingly prove to the court that tinubu not just acquired citizenship but voluntarily acquired it.it is incumbent to prove their case beyond doubt.their only evidence is an expired passport and alpha conde's words which are inadequate.

In his inec form,he was asked if he voluntarily acquired citizenship.he clearly said no.it is left for atiku to prove otherwise beyond doubt

You cannot probate and reprobate.
As much as you cannot decide what constitutes satisfaction of burden of proof. You are neither a trained lawyer nor are you a trained judge.
The petitioners obviously provided appropriate and reasonable proof to support their claim. One would naturally expect the defense to impeach their submission with evidence or sow reasonable doubt at a minimum. They woefully failed to do so.

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by senatordave1(m): 9:18am On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

You cannot probate and reprobate.
As much as you cannot decide what constitutes satisfaction of burden of proof. You are neither a trained lawyer nor are you a trained judge.
The petitioners obviously provided appropriate and reasonable proof to support their claim. One would naturally expect the defense to impeach their submission with evidence or sow reasonable doubt at a minimum. They woefully failed to do so.

So a common expired passport and the words of conde is a complete proof of citizenship? What happened to a formal inquiry from guinea like they did with his academic or calling the guinean authority to testify which is more convincing? The court is not interested in half evidences or speculations.to proof that tinubu voluntarily acquired citizenship,they would simply provide documents showing him applying for citizenship and swearing oath of allegiance same way lp showed in the case of hamzat in Lagos...by the way,the defence even have three weeks to rebut whatever half-truths atiku tendered

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by ottersberger(m): 9:42am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

So a common expired passport and the words of conde is a complete proof of citizenship? What happened to a formal inquiry from guinea like they did with his academic or calling the guinean authority to testify which is more convincing? The court is not interested in half evidences or speculations.to proof that tinubu voluntarily acquired citizenship,they would simply provide documents showing him applying for citizenship and swearing oath of allegiance same way lp showed in the case of hamzat in Lagos...by the way,the defence even have three weeks to rebut whatever half-truths atiku tendered

You actually got me laughing real hard on this one. Congratulations!.

According to you, fellow lying Africans in Guinea will provide you with evidence to prosecute their corrupt comrade. Are you oblivious that even our Inec paid for with our oil and tax money refuses to provide information statutorily domiciled with it in brazen contravention of many court orders?.

The US documents are results of subpoenas and Freedom of Information Act requests. The United States and western European countries are run according to the rule of law, in stark contrast with your evilness in Africa. You now embody that very evil with your dogged defense of criminality and nonsense.

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by darkkknight2010: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2023
Zupay:

Were you born a Nigerian or naturalized to be a Nigerian?

The citizenship laws and requirements for a born-citizen and naturalized citizen are different.

Or is it cottonwool that is in your skull?

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Magnoliaa(f): 9:45am On Jun 24, 2023
oyatz:
You are too ignorant of the issues

It is you that wants to defend a SAN abi? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Someone who ought to know not to make statements that if they were misconstrued in any way, it will be obvious right off the bat. Especially in a trial.

But go on, twist yourselves in pretzels, jump through hoops and perform mental gymnastics and invoke literary contexts even from Shakespeare's era to explain his statement to us, the "dumb public."

And to think this was likely not the only faux pas he committed in the cross examination.

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by senatordave1(m): 10:35am On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

You actually got me laughing real hard on this one. Congratulations!.

According to you, fellow lying Africans in Guinea will provide you with evidence to prosecute their corrupt comrade. Are you oblivious that even our Inec paid for with our oil and tax money refuses to provide information statutorily domiciled with it in brazen contravention of many court orders?.

The US documents are results of subpoenas and Freedom of Information Act requests. The United States and western European countries are run according to the rule of law, in stark contrast with your evilness in Africa. You now embody that very evil with your dogged defense of criminality and nonsense.

It's unfortunate but that's the fact.atiku or obi can't prove anything.the case is dead
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Cantonese: 10:41am On Jun 24, 2023
Hm
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Zupay: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2023
darkkknight2010:

Were you born a Nigerian or naturalized to be a Nigerian?

The citizenship laws and requirements for a born-citizen and naturalized citizen are different.

Or is it cottonwool that is in your skull?

For you, nothing is even in your skull...reason for the echo that drowns you! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by drlateef: 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Gucciblog:

They're country less😁😁.

Imagine what a so called seasoned SAN said. Kai

You need to keep quiet for now. Because the respondents are going to start their defence next week. You will see all the details when they bring them out. He wanted to confirm if this busy body made effort to ask Guinean authorities because they are the ones who issue passports, administer and stop citizenship processes, not the president. Tinubu must have renounced the citizenship when the passport expired. But the guy never bordered to check that with authorities.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by NIGERIAisComedy: 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Drug daddy type of lawyer

Too mushhhh shrugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O3S0K1P-Rk

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by OJojossy10: 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2023
[i][/i]But the Nigerian constitution which says individual with a dual citizenship can not vie for political office in Nigeria does not make an exception to honorary citizenship na. Does it?
jackcanfield:
Abeg let us have regular hilarious court preview ...

People do take diplomatic passport to have immunity against standing trails in court.I know some country sell such passport, so it is a valid point to say once the passport expires the citizenship ends with all it's rights and immunity.

But in this case it is an honorary passport according to Ex President Conde.

Search

APRIL 6, 2019
Honorary citizenship is a status bestowed by a country on a foreign or native individual whom considered to be especially admirable, exceptional, worthy of the distinction.

Several countries such as Germany, United States, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Greece, Cambodia, Germany, St Kitts and Nevis have awarded honorary citizenship to outstanding individuals.

United States has awarded honorary citizenship to 8 individuals since 1963

But honorary citizenships is not a real citizenship, much inferior to ordinary citizenship, do not provide full citizenship rights like ordinary citizens. It is also one of the weakest form of citizenship compared to other types. Honorary citizens do not qualify for passports with some countries like Ireland being an exception.

Honorary passports in most cases are not valid travel documents.

Awarding Honorary citizenships are purely political decision

Disadvantages
Honorary citizenship does not carry with it the rights and privileges of ordinary citizenship, and such status does not confer any special entry, travel or immigration benefits upon the honoree or the honorees relatives and dependents.

It also does not impose additional duties or responsibilities, in the United States or internationally, on the honoree. It is a strictly symbolic act.

No oath is required.

The honorary citizenship ends with the death of the honoured, or, in exceptional cases, when it is taken away by the council or parliament of state.

Honorary Passports
Honorary passports are usually not valid travel documents. Some countries to issue passports valid for travel to honorary citizens.

Revoking
Unlike real legal citizenship, which is very hard to revoke due to Article 15 of the U.N.’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights, revoking honorary citizenship is not uncommon. Recently Canada revoked honorary citizenship of Suu Kyi

There’s a practical reason for honorary citizenship does not make “real” citizens: being a national/citizen of a country is not just about privileges and rights; it’s also about duties and responsibilities to that country (not mere loyalty/identity, which is not something defined by law). A nationality links you and obligates you to a country’s laws and constitution — even if you don’t live in the country

United States
Honorary citizens are not eligible for U.S. regular, official, or diplomatic passports or passport cards.
Honorary US passports convey respect, but are not valid travel documents, and do not confer any special entry, travel or immigration benefits.
Ireland
Ireland is the only country that awards full real citizenship rights. Ireland’s honorary citizenship is full form of citizenship, with entitlement to an Irish passport and the other rights of Irish citizenship on the same basis as a naturalized Irish citizen. This has been awarded to twelve people.

South Korea
South Korea has bestowed honorary citizenship to 823 people from 97 countries to date as of 2019. Benefits include honorary citizens can be appointed as member of various committees of the city government

Singapore
In Singapore, honorary citizenship conferred for life, including the right to live and work, buy property in Singapore, as well as their immediate dependent family members, but unlike Singapore citizenship, they have no voting rights or obligations to fulfill National Service

Canada
In Canada, Honorary citizenship is purely symbolic; the recipient does not receive any of the rights, passport, privileges, or duties typically held by a Canadian citizen

Australia
Honorary Citizenship may be granted to an individual who is considered to be especially admirable or worthy of the distinction. It is a symbolic honour; the recipient does not receive any rights, privileges or duties typically held by an Australian citizen.

Greece
The Greek nationality law has provisions of honorary naturalization to distinguished persons who provided exceptional services to the state in the interest of public. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson became honorary citizens of Greece.

Vanuatu
The pacific country of Vanuatu awarded honorary citizenships under VERP in 2015 for those who paid $115,000.

Honorary citizenship under the VERP were given vanuatu ordinary Passport with the right to carry out investment in Vanuatu. Those holding honorary citizenship under the VERP must not hold or serve in any public office prohibited stand as a candidate and vote at any of the general, provincial or municipal elections.

Culled

https://best-citizenships.com/2019/04/06/honorary-citizenship-and-passports/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Three Suspected Kidnappers, Rescue Female Victim In Adamawa / Nigeria - Jonathan Adds Turai's Name To Ministerial List / Lagos State House Of Assembly Moves To Ban Okada - News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.