Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

“Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT (7536 Views)

Kano Governor Yusuf Hires Tinubu’s Lawyer, Wole Olanipekun, To Regain Mandate / Tinubu To PEPT: Nullifying The Election Over 25% FCT Could Cause Anarchy, Chaos / Stop Renouncing Your Citizenship. FG Tells Nigerian Youths! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2023
OJojossy10:
[i][/i]But the Nigerian constitution which says individual with a dual citizenship can not vie for political office in Nigeria does not make an exception to honorary citizenship na. Does it?

It is like giving someone the Keys to Abuja as an honor, but you and I know the keys are of no use practically , so the same here, Moreover it has expired. So I don't know why we want to flog this issue.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by OJojossy10: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Yeah, to say it was an honor and of no use could be understandable, but to say because it has expired, it doesn't exist anymore is quiet misleading.. just like saying you no longer know how to drive because your driver's license has expired.
At the end of this all, let any of them who can prove their case beyond reasonable doubt come out successful.
One thing is sure about this case. It is teaching most of us new thing.

[b]It is like giving someone the Keys to Abuja as an honor, but you and I know the keys are of no use practically , so the same here, Moreover it has expired. So I don't know why we want to flog this issue.[/quote]
[/b]
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by imam07: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

Which kind of country is this?
You are a big fool, have you live outside Nigeria, having another country passport is not easy and it take a lot of process or are you talking about diplomatic passport which Tinubu did not qualify?
See this son of a thousand father. Don't u know u are a forgotten bastard. This is why ibo race will go extinct very soon with this your foolishness. Envy and pride go destroy you. Shay u do think u are d best in Nigeria. Ibo can't rule this country u just dey deceive yourself. If u quote me again u go die naked. U dey your face me i face me room con dey spit rubbish. You go all end in shame as u people are going. Dirty idiot.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by pquaver(m): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Gucciblog:

They're country less😁😁.

Imagine what a so called seasoned SAN said. Kai

Without a passport how do u prove citizenship? Nigerians abroad cant enter9ja on expired passport without written notes from immigration. So that is why Olanipeku asked if he contacted the authorities.. Hope u get it now..
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Racoon(m): 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
Gucciblog:
While defending Tinubu's Guinean passport, Wole Olanipekun, SAN (APC Lawyer) said. “Once your Passport expire, your citizenship has expired.”
The lawyer and PDP witness's exchange at the PEPT.

This witness and Tinubu’s lawyer SAN Olanipekun wanted to pull shirt and fight man to man in court today. The witness is also a lawyer and he argued with Olanipekun seriously.

Credit: Serah Ibrahim
https://twitter.com/TheSerahIbrahim/status/1672261309620944896?t=_qvkgZNv6M5PmbCjUvbkIg&s=19
nlfpmod Seun

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Saltinny: 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
imam07:
See this son of a thousand father. Don't u know u are a forgotten bastard. This is why ibo race will go extinct very soon with this your foolishness. Envy and pride go destroy you. Shay u do think u are d best in Nigeria. Ibo can't rule this country u just dey deceive yourself. If u quote me again u go die naked. U dey your face me i face me room con dey spit rubbish. You go all end in shame as u people are going. Dirty idiot.

Didirin, did you mean your coward tribe will go extinct soon? look at the way your useless SAN is disgracing your people, as for the passport i will not engage you because you never step out of your mud room in Ipetu-modu Osun State talk less of traveling to another country, you think say na moi moi to carry passport of another country passport? Oponu rada rada

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Saltinny: 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
pquaver:

Without a passport how do u prove citizenship? Nigerians abroad cant enter9ja on expired passport without written notes from immigration. So that is why Olanipeku asked if he contacted the authorities.. Hope u get it now..

Does it stopped them from being Nigerians? the person only need to renew the passport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by imam07: 6:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
Saltinny:

Didirin, did you mean your coward tribe will go extinct soon? look at the way your useless SAN is disgracing your people, as for the passport i will not engage you because you never step out of your mud room in Ipetu-modu Osun State talk less of traveling to another country, you think say na moi moi to carry passport of another country passport? Oponu rada rada
u need to upgrade your knowledge about d topic fool. No be Ghana must go u used enter Lagos by night bus? Nah ibo poor men like you dey hat tinubu. Rich ibos dey romance tinubu govt. Go and find something to do. U go leave your shit hole come south west and still dey drag us. We no go fight u. Nah u people go finish yourself. Stupid ingrate despite what u don achieve in d South West.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by pquaver(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
Saltinny:

Does it stopped them from being Nigerians? the person only need to renew the passport
.. Good without renewing it, you are not Nigerians.. Proof is what makes u Nigerian.. Dont you know that?
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by babydioku(f): 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
Mumu lawyer
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by favor914: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
babydioku:
Mumu lawyer
Olanipekun is only toying with the mumus, the real issue is that there is no where in the constitution that prohibits a Nigerian by birth from having or contesting for president of the Federal Republic with dual citizenship.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by iSense247: 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

What of those who never collected any passport na dem plenty pass this must be fake News
No matter your level of education, you can't defend Tinubu without sounding foolish.

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by babydioku(f): 7:53am On Jun 25, 2023
favor914:
Olanipekun is only toying with the mumus, the real issue is that there is no where in the constitution that prohibits a Nigerian by birth from having or contesting for president of the Federal Republic with dual citizenship.
You're off point
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by wirinet(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2023
pquaver:
.. Good without renewing it, you are not Nigerians.. Proof is what makes u Nigerian.. Dont you know that?
Flase! A birth certificate, a court affidavit or other documents proving at least one of your parents is a Nigerian is what makes you a Nigerian citizen and not necessarily a passport. Besides before you are eligible for a Nigerian passport you have to provide evidence you are Nigerian citizen first.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by pquaver(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
wirinet:

Flase! A birth certificate, a court affidavit or other documents proving at least one of your parents is a Nigerian is what makes you a Nigerian citizen and not necessarily a passport. Besides before you are eligible for a Nigerian passport you have to provide evidence you are Nigerian citizen first.

So let do a little practicality.. We know bola was not born in Guinea normal sense na birth certificate is ruled out, a court Affidavit (u also need birth certificate, passport etc attached to the affidavit as proof) here doesn' tapply as he was conferred citizenship by the president and also he didnt present any. So as we know what was in circulation as proof of his citizenship by opposition is an expired passport.. Again an expired passport is an invalid documents hence cannot stand as proof in an court of law. Dont forget the burden of proof lies on the accuser not bola Tinubu . Shalom
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Heffalump(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Gucciblog:

They're country less😁😁.

Imagine what a so called seasoned SAN said. Kai

He's been celebrated among the folks of election riggers as the only messiah to keep their stolen mandate undecided
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by wirinet(m): 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
pquaver:

So let do a little practicality.. We know bola was not born in Guinea normal sense na birth certificate is ruled out, a court Affidavit (u also need birth certificate, passport etc attached to the affidavit as proof) here doesn' tapply as he was conferred citizenship by the president and also he didnt present any. So as we know what was in circulation as proof of his citizenship by opposition is an expired passport.. Again an expired passport is an invalid documents hence cannot stand as proof in an court of law. Dont forget the burden of proof lies on the accuser not bola Tinubu . Shalom

My post was not specifically directed at tinubus case. I am not arguing whether an expired Guinean passports makes Tinubu a Guinean citizen or not, that's left for the courts to decide. I am only correcting the wrong impression you have that it's a passport that confers citizenship on your. You don't need a Nigerian passport to be Nigerian citizen. You can vie for any Nigerian elective position without having a passport. A passport is only required for travelling out of the country.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by pquaver(m): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2023
wirinet:

My post was not specifically directed at tinubus case. I am not arguing whether an expired Guinean passports makes Tinubu a Guinean citizen or not, that's left for the courts to decide. I am only correcting the wrong impression you have that it's a passport that confers citizenship on your. You don't need a Nigerian passport to be Nigerian citizen. You can vie for any Nigerian elective position without having a passport. A passport is only required for travelling out of the country.

Ok i get ur point.. That i know but i was talking about the case and the proof. And also to emphasize the burden of proof doesn't lie on Tinubu in d case..
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Lifestone(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I don't know this man before, and I have never followed any of his cases, but with the way people tout him, I want to believe he's highly revered. And I've even refrained from saying anything about him or any of the counsels, but with what I just read above and seeing how people are calling him all sort of names on this thread ehn.

E nor get anybody wey dey linked to Tinubu in some ways that will not use poopoo and smear body.

Like Wole Soyinka, like Wole Olanipekun. 😅😅😅😅

Because, see logic now. Do people stop being the citizens of their country because their passports are expired?

Nawa o. lipsrsealed
You are a Nigerian by birth. LP claimed BAT is. Guinean by the sole reason that he's holding Guinea passport. Now its found out that the passport has expired. Can he still travel today as a Guinean, the answer is No.
Like most of PO witnesses, they were all acting for the press and social media, not fact of Law.
I haven't seen any witness that had shaken BAT with all the noise from PO camp
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Putinofrussia: 5:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
Zupay:
So Nigerians whose Nigerian passports have expired, are no longer Nigeria citizens?😆😆😆
It is different from a foreigner because you are a bonafide Nigerian through your parents.
If you dont renew your citizenship documents as a foreigner,then you have forfeited your citizenship,you are no more interested.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Benzigler: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Lifestone:

You are a Nigerian by birth. LP claimed BAT is. Guinean by the sole reason that he's holding Guinea passport. Now its found out that the passport has expired. Can he still travel today as a Guinean, the answer is No.
Like most of PO witnesses, they were all acting for the press and social media, not fact of Law.

That passport can be renewed whenever Tinubu need to, if you want to bend all our constitution because of Tinubu then Good luck but remember it will come back to bite all of us someday in future.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Benzigler: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Putinofrussia:

It is different from a foreigner because you are a bonafide Nigerian through your parents.
If you dont renew your citizenship documents as a foreigner,then you have forfeited your citizenship,you are no more interested.

Pure lie it can be renew at anytime but you will have to pay penalties
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Putinofrussia: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Benzigler:

Pure lie it can be renew at anytime but you will have to pay penalties
What if I dont renew it because I am no more interested.Am I still their citizen?
No,of course.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Benzigler: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
Putinofrussia:

What if I dont renew it because I am no more interested.Am I still their citizen?
No,of course.

What I'm trying to say is that the passport status has not been erased from their passport database and can be renewed at anytime, If Tinubu want to renounce his citizenship he must go through Guinean constitutional process not by my passport has expired.

We are talking about another country passport not international driving license
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Putinofrussia: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
Benzigler:

What I'm trying to say is that the passport status has not been erased from their passport database and can be renewed at anytime, If Tinubu want to renounce his citizenship he must go through Guinean constitutional process not by my passport has expired.

We are talking about another country passport not international driving license
Tell us their constitutional processes,sir.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Benzigler: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Tell us their constitutional processes,sir.

I don't want to go into that ... Tinubu will complete his 4 years tenure, Nigeria is a very complicated Country and this is why the country is not progressing.
Law is meant for the poor in Nigeria because our government doesn't obey the rule of laws, our judges don't have a choice other than to play along otherwise you will lose your job and live a miserable life because a lot of people are there waiting to take your position.
Togo and Benin republic are very poor countries but they are better than Nigeria thousands of times because they can provide these basic things for their citizens something like power, security and accountability, Nigeria can't afford any of these basic things.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Putinofrussia: 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Benzigler:

I don't want to go into that ... Tinubu will complete his 4 years tenure, Nigeria is a very complicated Country and this is why the country is not progressing.
Law is meant for the poor in Nigeria because our government doesn't obey the rule of laws, our judges don't have a choice other than to play along otherwise you will lose your job and live a miserable life because a lot of people are there waiting to take your position.
Togo and Benin republic are very poor countries but they are better than Nigeria thousands of times because they can provide these basic things for their citizens something like power, security and accountability, Nigeria can't afford any of these basic things.
Thanks but just be calm because Tinubu will be the best president Nigeria and Nigerians even Africa have ever had.
Trust God,the Omniscient.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by wirinet(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
Lifestone:

Being born in Nigeria does not confer you citizenship, at least one of your parents have be a Nigerian before you can be a Nigerian citizen. If your 2 parents are Ghanian or British, you can be born and live in Nigeria all your life, you are not a Nigerian citizen.
Nigeria does not even confer citizenship by marriage, that's why there are lots of families where the children are automatic citizens but one of the parents is not.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Magnoliaa(f): 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
Lifestone:

K

1 Like

Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by Lifestone(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
wirinet:

Being born in Nigeria does not confer you citizenship, at least one of your parents have be a Nigerian before you can be a Nigerian citizen. If your 2 parents are Ghanian or British, you can be born and live in Nigeria all your life, you are not a Nigerian citizen.
Nigeria does not even confer citizenship by marriage, that's why there are lots of families where the children are automatic citizens but one of the parents is not.
Thanks for extending my point. BAT was not born in Guinea, neither is either of his parents. Passport diplomatic passport does not confer citizenship. Aside, the passport is expired.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by okeyfrank: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nigerians whose passports have expired are no longer Nigerian citizens...

Nigerians who do not even have passport are non-Nigerians...

Mad people everywhere...

Tinubu should quietly return the mandate to Peter Obi, the rightful winner of the 2023 Presidential Election in Nigeria, whom Nigerians across all regions and faiths, voted for.
Re: “Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired” —Olanipekun To PEPT by wirinet(m): 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Lifestone:

Thanks for extending my point. BAT was not born in Guinea, neither is either of his parents. Passport diplomatic passport does not confer citizenship. Aside, the passport is expired.
You guys are only obsessed with defending Tinubu at all cost. Look at the heading of this thread, it's not specifically about Tinubu, it's about Wole Olanipekun (SAN) making a patently false statement that Once Your Passport Expire, Your Citizenship Has Expired. I along with lots of people here are simply pointing out the false assertion. Now the discussion about whether Tinubu's acquisition of Guinean passport makes him a Guinean citizen is another topic which is before the courts. I don't know what Guinean law is, I only know that of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana / I Won't Vote GEJ Because Of This Pics / Ibos Never Reply When Northerners Insult Them. Why???

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.