Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest (29152 Views)

Court Grants Emefiele N20m Bail, orders transfer to Ikoyi correctional center / Profile Of Bassey Otu, Cross River Governor-elect / Appeal Court Upholds Conviction Of Faisal Maina, reduces jail term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by tiswell(m): 11:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
opeaskey:
Equity
auto correct...

thanks anyways
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Smitaro100(m): 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
LUAN1:
Link me up with umo eno for Job please.

So inside joblessness, you were still supporting mediocrity.. I think you need rehab first before a job.. mayb oba can consider employing you to be cleaning his space in prison.. grin

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by senatordave1(m): 11:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
highchief1:
that’s serious.why Udom go play this kind rough play.are there no pll with clean skates to use?nawa

In same nsit ubium,we have sen nelson effiong and hon onofiok luke.in itu side,Barr ini ememobong is there.
Anyway,I just heard the court didn't order his arrest.they uphold his sentence but gave him an option of fine with a restitution or forfeiture

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by LUAN1: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
Smitaro100:

So inside joblessness, you were still supporting mediocrity.. I think you need rehab first before a job or oba can employ you to be cleaning his space in prison.. grin
anything bro. I can clean the prison or your home. Sapa dey
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by AMI3(m): 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
favor914:
Restitute 240 million Naira, chai, where will he get the money to pay his lawyers fighting Governorship case for him?
The young get the cash bro.

He doesn't listen to the word of elders that is y he is there
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Smitaro100(m): 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
LUAN1:
anything bro. I can clean the prison or your home. Sapa dey

Den contact oba.. you sound more qualified to clean his prison space because I won't be needing your service. my home is well taken care of.. grin
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by LUAN1: 11:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
Smitaro100:

Den contact oba.. you sound more qualified to clean his prison space because I won't be needing your service. my home is well taken care of.. grin
ok. I don't have access to him
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Smitaro100(m): 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
LUAN1:
ok. I don't have access to him

Den dats none of my bizness.. cheesy
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by LUAN1: 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
Smitaro100:

sub night Data for me please
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by LUAN1: 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
Smitaro100:

Den dats none of my bizness.. cheesy
run Data for me na
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by senatordave1(m): 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Penguin2:

This doesn’t affect his case at the tribunal, does it?

It could by disqualifying him as he is a convict which means if umo Eno is disqualified,he cannot benefit.therefore,the second runner up apc will benefit or his running mate rtd dig amba

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Smitaro100(m): 11:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
LUAN1:
run Data for me na

See as you just dey disgrace oba now now dem sentence am.. chaii betrayal.. so na hungry dey mk you loose guard all dis while? grin

How much In bin dey give Una all dis while to dey spread propaganda?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by kokoA(m): 12:05am On Jun 24, 2023
Money wey people dey loot nothing dey happen, e reach your turn dem send you go prison.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by LUAN1: 12:10am On Jun 24, 2023
Smitaro100:

See as you just dey disgrace oba now now dem sentence am.. chaii betrayal.. so na hungry dey mk you loose guard all dis while? grin

How much In bin dey give Una all dis while to dey spread propaganda?
hunger dey Shaa bro
I never spread propaganda before. I just like him. Just run the stuff for me

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Phelicx(m): 12:15am On Jun 24, 2023
*A’Court didn’t order Senator Albert’s rearrest*

Appeal moves to Supreme Court

Contrary to false narratives that the Appeal Court sitting in Calabar, Cross River State on Friday ordered the rearrest of the Young Progressive Party, YPP, Governorship candidate in Akwa-Ibom state, Senator Bassey Albert, a certified true copy of the court judgment made available to Frontier News revealed that the court didn’t make such an order.

Delivering judgment on the matter, a three man panel, led by Justice Raphael Agbo instead softened the punishment imposed on Senator Albert by giving him an option of a fine as an alternative penalty to the seven years of jail time imposed on him by the trial court.

Further softening the sentence imposed by the Federal High Court, the appellate court also ordered the Senator to make restitution of the sum of N240million to the Federal Government but that the restitution shall not be a prerequisite for his release from the correctional facility.

A copy of the judgment reads “Upon reading the record of Appeal herein transmitted on December 29, 2022, and briefs of argument filed and exchanged by both parties.

“And after hearing . E. Iheanacho Esq.;(Asst. Commander, EFCC) for the Respondent. Appellant being absent and unrepresented.

“It is hereby ordered : That pursuant to the power of this court under section 15 of the Court of Appeal Act, 2014 as amended, the plea of the appellant is hereby acceded.

“That the appellant is hereby sentenced to 7 years imprisonment on all counts of charge, with an option of fine to wit, one Million Naira fine on each of the counts of the charge.

“That the condemnation of the appellant to the restitution of 204million Naira or to remain in prison custody by the trial court maintained as issue six is resolved in favour of the appellant.

‘That consequently, the appeal succeeds only to the extent that his conviction stands, to serve the term of seven years with respect to each count of the charge with the terms of the sentence running at the same time, or to pay a fine of One million each on all the counts of the charge. –

‘That this appeal succeeds in part.”

Frontier News reliably gathered that Senator Albert’s legal team immediately proceeded to the Supreme Court after the Appeal Court judgement.
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Smitaro100(m): 12:16am On Jun 24, 2023
LUAN1:
hunger dey Shaa bro
I never spread propaganda before. I just like him. Just run the stuff for me

Your not loyal.. sit down and enjoy ur karma as e dey hot.. grin
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by LUAN1: 12:21am On Jun 24, 2023
Smitaro100:

Your not loyal.. sit down and enjoy ur karma as e dey hot.. grin
ok
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Judolisco(m): 12:24am On Jun 24, 2023
Theory3:
This one don jam agbako cheesy
u wey lucky say dem grant u bail on health grounds... U come go dey contest 4 governor again... Make dem jail am

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by AskNgige2: 3:01am On Jun 24, 2023
tobenuel:
I swear, I no read am

U better not..

Just greedy ppl running from one post to other...
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Jostoman: 3:09am On Jun 24, 2023
Jayhome24:

So now he is ogogoro man but when he was supporting thief Bitter obi then he wasn't ogogoro man ba?

I bet you obi will ends up in DSS custody.
DSS or SSD grin
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:21am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

Umo Eno counterattacks.oba should disappear like nwaoboshi
Ha, Nwabuoshi abandoned his senatorial seat, his second term campaign and disappear. Okowa showed him shaga . Nigerian prison Na your mate?
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by highchief1: 6:39am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

In same nsit ubium,we have sen nelson effiong and hon onofiok luke.in itu side,Barr ini ememobong is there.
Anyway,I just heard the court didn't order his arrest.they uphold his sentence but gave him an option of fine with a restitution or forfeiture
luke doesn’t look like who anybody can control dude is too stubborn.I don’t know other candidates though.
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by senatordave1(m): 6:52am On Jun 24, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Ha, Nwabuoshi abandoned his senatorial seat, his second term campaign and disappear. Okowa showed him shaga . Nigerian prison Na your mate?

Nwaoboshi lost but used ika ne to rig.he would lose at the court
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Aiel123: 7:04am On Jun 24, 2023
senatordave1:

Nwaoboshi lost but used ika ne to rig.he would lose at the court
Nwaoboshi?
He came distant third.
Or you meant Nwoko?
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by senatordave1(m): 7:09am On Jun 24, 2023
Aiel123:

Nwaoboshi?
He came distant third.
Or you meant Nwoko?

Nwoko I meant
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by senatordave1(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2023
highchief1:
luke doesn’t look like who anybody can control dude is too stubborn.I don’t know other candidates though.

True but even akpabio an independent minded candidate emerged.
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by mukthar2000(m): 7:36am On Jun 24, 2023
Anyone that finished reading should Summarize for me pls.
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Agugbadin: 7:47am On Jun 24, 2023
It will serve as a deterrent to corrupt officers in Naija.
Re: Appeal Court upholds conviction Of Bassey Albert, Vacates Bail, Orders Arrest by Naijanascam: 8:04am On Jun 24, 2023
tiswell:
He who comes to equality must come with a clean hands

Exactly my dear, this is what all the numerous Agbadorians can't do because of so many rotten rats and cockroaches in their cupboards..... but PO is walking the Talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ezekwesili To DSS: Stop Embarrassing Yourself, Tell Us Truth Of Emefiele Matter / 2023: Give APC Another Chance, Lawan Begs Nigerians / "My Encounter With Abba Kyari, Nigeria's Crime Buster" - Journalist Shares Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.