Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. (2121 Views)

My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by rex444(m): 4:52am On Jun 25, 2023
The best thing to do for her if you love her as a human is just to take care of her ...don't let anyone show her that her presence is becoming a nuisance, it can be suicidal
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by eepeepook: 7:04am On Jun 25, 2023
She will bounce back. Give her time. Depression can last for ten years in some cases. Put that at the back of your mind.

Pay no mind to Kobojunkie. He'll only try to derail the thread.
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by xtivin(m): 8:04am On Jun 25, 2023
Hopemanfx:
Our first daughter is no longer interested in things that will make her grow in life. 2013 she lost her federal government job due to she was a chronic asthmatic person. in 2015 her husband divorce her and later died in 2017. no child yet. now she has returned to our family house. she is depressed. She does not think of things like career, growth, or anything in life again, only what she does is to go to church programs and services. she is always at home doing nothing. I have tried opening a business for her she refused. please I need your advice!
So sad reading this now,she really needs help. cry
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Mryacks: 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2023
Acidosis:
Your sister has discovered that "nothing dey this life." That discovery came when she lost her husband.

Continue to encourage her but please bear in mind that it is perfectly okay to not want much in life anymore.

When you see the way mortuary attendants or anatomy students handle dead bodies, to do ordinary makeup go be like wasteful efforts and vanity. And yeah, it is truly a wasteful effort.

Her frequent church programmes are a pointer to the fact that she just wants to make peace and honour her creator. Any reasonable psychologist would advise you to leverage the relationship between her and the leaders in her church to get the best result. They are in the best position to counsel her using scriptural verses on faith and work.

Absolutely spot on with your analysis.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by efficiencie(m): 4:49am On Jun 26, 2023
Hopemanfx:
Our first daughter is no longer interested in things that will make her grow in life. 2013 she lost her federal government job due to she was a chronic asthmatic person. in 2015 her husband divorce her and later died in 2017. no child yet. now she has returned to our family house. she is depressed. She does not think of things like career, growth, or anything in life again, only what she does is to go to church programs and services. she is always at home doing nothing. I have tried opening a business for her she refused. please I need your advice!

Let her face that church for now if it is her source of release for all the pent up bad emotions. She needs support in the form of prayers. Don't be forceful in trying to shape her life. Rather be present in her life. Join her in some of her church attendance and encourage her to confide in you. Asthma, divorce, childlessness, no job sounds like a concreted demonic attack on her. She needs constant prayers and so the church may be the best place for her to be for now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

For How Long Will You Continue To Tolerate A Jobless And( Lazy) Man? / What Is This Kid Thinking (PIC) / HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.