Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,516 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. (2101 Views)

My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / My Sister Has Gone Out Of Control / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Hopemanfx: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2023
Our first daughter is no longer interested in things that will make her grow in life. 2013 she lost her federal government job due to she was a chronic asthmatic person. in 2015 her husband divorce her and later died in 2017. no child yet. now she has returned to our family house. she is depressed. She does not think of things like career, growth, or anything in life again, only what she does is to go to church programs and services. she is always at home doing nothing. I have tried opening a business for her she refused. please I need your advice!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by talented321: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2023
Depression is real, i have been there before.
When you think the world is against you anywhere you put hand the result is against you.
Op pls take a good care of your sister, if possible always stay close to her, she is frustrated and depressed. Believe me she might not tell u but what come's to her mind everytime is dead.
Encourage her, tell her that is not the end of life, give her examples of others who have overcome depression. Pls take good care of your sister.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by taylor89(m): 7:50am On Jun 24, 2023
Ouch
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by anthonyuncle(m): 7:52am On Jun 24, 2023
mehn!

it's not easy for her o.

try to be close to her.

pray for her.

get her stuff especially books.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Muh247: 7:53am On Jun 24, 2023
cry

This life sef.. our loved ones

Try to bring her to your house, and always engage her atleast 3 hours daily conversation

Hire a cheap psychologist also, there are many online that can get her through the phase

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 7:54am On Jun 24, 2023
That is not end of life, She just need a good counseling.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Hopemanfx: 7:55am On Jun 24, 2023
anthonyuncle:
mehn!

it's not easy for her o.

try to be close to her.

pray for her.

get her stuff especially books.
have done that she has a lot of Christian books.
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by anthonyuncle(m): 8:14am On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:

give her time and pray for her.

you can also take her out once in a while

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by ecolime(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2023
She's depressed.

Please get her to see a Psychologist. Keep praying for her as well.

I pray she finds healing and gets back on her feet soonest.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by WantsandMore: 9:19am On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:
Our first daughter is no longer interested in things that will make her grow in life. 2013 she lost her federal government job due to she was a chronic asthmatic person. in 2015 her husband divorce her and later died in 2017. no child yet. now she has returned to our family house. she is depressed. She does not think of things like career, growth, or anything in life again, only what she does is to go to church programs and services. she is always at home doing nothing. I have tried opening a business for her she refused. please I need your advice!
deal with root cause with a culmination of prayer, therapy, some outings or adventures you can afford & perhaps a business
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2023

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Justkatty(f): 10:19am On Jun 24, 2023
Depression is real
Please do what you can to take her away from it. Life happens
I pray God comes through for her because it's not easy.
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by ashawopikin(m): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:
she needs to go to rehab ASAP
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by ashawopikin(m): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:
is not about Christian books, her problem is not spiritual but psychological

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Acidosis(m): 10:52am On Jun 24, 2023
Your sister has discovered that "nothing dey this life." That discovery came when she lost her husband.

Continue to encourage her but please bear in mind that it is perfectly okay to not want much in life anymore.

When you see the way mortuary attendants or anatomy students handle dead bodies, to do ordinary makeup go be like wasteful efforts and vanity. And yeah, it is truly a wasteful effort.

Her frequent church programmes are a pointer to the fact that she just wants to make peace and honour her creator. Any reasonable psychologist would advise you to leverage the relationship between her and the leaders in her church to get the best result. They are in the best position to counsel her using scriptural verses on faith and work.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by livingstone2013: 11:07am On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:

Why will federal government sack your sister because she is asthmatic? I doubt it. Except she was in military or police, that's the only excuse federal government could have used to sack her.

Federal government job is more sympathetic than private sector job.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by dyera(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2023
The reason why your sister lost interest in the things of the world is because she is now a born again child of God.
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
I am not surprised

The situation of the economy has gradually drifted people into depression
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by frozen70(f): 12:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:

She needs a friend, it could be a married man that is divorced or a man who has not been married and have passed the age of probably 50 yrs and needs a partner

What your sister need is a companion whom she doesn't have to depend on

You can start a small trade for her like small provision store so that she can be going out and coming back

God will see her through
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Spechialone(f): 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
She needs a friend from that same church that has brought her succor...they will be able to relate better.
Even the bible says "a friend is a brother born in time of distress"

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by CaptMarvel(m): 1:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:
introduce friends to her. It's not good to be alone in that kind of situation, it Kills every form of moral left.
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Hamachi(f): 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
The first primary reason that you lose interest in everything is because of edepression. People suffering from clinical depression lose interest in hobbies, friends, work, and even food and sex. Itā€™s as if the brainā€™s pleasure circuits shut down or short out.

The second major reason that you lose interest in everything is that from an inability to sustain good feelings over time. In other words, maybe pleasure is experienced fully, but only brieflyā€”not long enough to maintain interest or involvement in lifeā€™s good things

Asking yourself why you lose interest in everything is not going to work anymore. You have to ACT at this time, and in this post, we are sharing the best and most effective ways that you can act to fight with the situation of lose interest in everything.

1. Talk to your General Practitioner when You
Lose Interest in Everything..
2. Start Exercising to Build your Interest in Everything Again.
3. Get Enough Sleep and Eat Regularly.
4. Creative Exercise is the Key.
ā€œMe Timeā€ is important to not to Lose Interest in Everything:.
5. Spend Time with Your Friends and Family.
6. Help Everybody When You Lose Interest in Everything.
7. Plan a Routine.

These are the some of the reasons due to which sometimes we loose interest in everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by lavylilly: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ask yourself that is something bothering you ? What is the thing that 's making you feel lose all interest and try to remember that happened recently.

Even if it becomes difficult to find out the reason ,I would suggest you somethings to think and reflect about .

Firstly , look around and see that if you sit idle and disinterested , you would miss a lot of things in life like exploring , travelling and eating (yes , eating ) . Trust me , you will regret if you do not ACT now .

Secondly , we all have pains and difficult times . But we dont stop living right .I feel something is bothering you , find that out . If nothings bothering you , yor hormones may be acting cranky Or mood swings maybe because i have also a lot felt this way .

Thirdly , try waking up early . Go out , feel the sunshine , the chirping birds and see how beautiful our world is . If you are sleeping too much and do not want to wake up , then its one of the symptoms of depression . Sit quietly for 2 minutes without any thoughts , Meditate . You l feel good.

Fourthly , if its related to your career and ambition , then try confronting yourself because most of the time , it happens that if we feel we are not able to fulfill our ambition because of peer pressure or lack of time , we lose all interest in life .

I would like to conclude by telling you what i do when i feel that way . I travel in and around and observe little things in life . I observe small kids near the roadside begging for money and for a sufficient meal , which they are not even sure that they will get . I feel blessed and thankful for little things i ve got . I feel the opportunities i have got in college and else where , where i can do so much and be something in life one day , is really crucial . I have got everything to be thankful for and to live for and if i feel disinterested and just want to sit and not figure out what is wrong , then i am really wasting whatever ive been bestowed upon because lets face it , so many unfortunate children s /boys/girls , who are so passionate does not get the opportunities and life that we have being provided .

So , there is a whole new different world out there my friend , which you have not explored it yet . Try something new . you never know when it l become your passion . Remember to LIVE and just not EXIST .

Hope it helps . Keep me posted

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Sonnobax15(m): 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
lipsrsealed
Life is one modafvcking and complicated place which we've found ourselves.... Depression is so real and I can tell you how difficult it can be sometimes when you find yourself in it.....

Op, just like the first commenter had earlier wrote, please stay close to your sister and love her still....Las las, everything go well..

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by egopersonified(f): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please change her routine. Look for other places she can visit. Where she can gist with people. Open POS business for her even if you are a billionaire. With just an umbrella and chairs or make it posh, this is just for her to interact with people and not necessarily to make money. Just create avenues for her to meet and interact with people.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Houseofglam7(f): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
šŸ˜¢
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hopemanfx:
Why not get her treatment for the depression first? Make an appointment with her to sit with a professional mental health therapist and then go from there. undecided
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by wunmi590(m): 6:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
shocked

I understand you are trying your best to make sure she's back on her feet and become a better person again, but what she needs right now is optimum care, just always be there for her, I'm sure very soon, she will realise she needs to move out and mingle...

Peace āœŒļø
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by optm(m): 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
Get her to see a professional psychologist that can get to unravel the root cause of her unhappiness and help her come out of it
Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by Mindlog: 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
OP, what you stated fits one who is clinically depressed (Major Depressive Disorder), please do note that this is not a diagnosis. She needs to see a Clinical Psychologist (let me not scare you with her seeing a Psychiatrist because of stigma attached to such).

The Clinical Psychologist should be able to administer the Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (HAM-D) and score it or any other preferred tool.

I just hope talk therapy alone can help her but if there is need for her to be prescribed antidepressants, seek a second opinion and if her need to take medication still pops up, make sure she adheres strictly to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
Commendable:
I am not surprised

The situation of the economy has gradually drifted people into depression

Depression doesn't necessarily cause by economy situations, rich and people in developed world aren't left out

1 Like

Re: My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. by talented321: 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
Don't mind that manchi
hakeemhakeem:

Depression doesn't necessarily cause by economy situations, rich and people in developed world aren't left out

(1) (2) (Reply)

60 Ways To Make Your Marriage Rock! / Help: A Friend Committed adulteryThis Night / New In Stock. Jewelries(For Male & Female,& Couple) Shop Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.