Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help (20304 Views)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Osanoghodua1: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
Your Rev father is wrong. I won't go in much details. The Holy spirit suggested to me to marry my wife,then there was nothing common with us, when the aunty cooked a Falsehood against me, I asked my then pastor to pray, he told me everything is okay. I first heard from God about her when I had nothing to do with her. You must stop fornicating or cuddling her to hear from God and not be bclouded by emotions.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by ConfidentialDoc: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.

Some things only become active after marriage.
I'm not saying you should believe them..
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Nyanabo(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2023
Who then dictates partners to the said pastors? Oga if you both love yourself enough, she loves you in you worst, and you love her in her worst times, then go ahead.

If it was a mistake you'll both live with it. If it was a good decision you'll both live with it simple.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Rhema04(m): 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
The same kind of pastors that predicted Tinubu will not win abi...
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by SalamRushdie: 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
I noticed all NIGERIANs like to use fortune tellers
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Angelfrost(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
How can you even claim to be a child of God, yet you can't hear and feel the leading of God in your life and relationship??!

Everything a Clergyman tells you is LAW! Especially you ladies!
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Onyi90(m): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
taylor89:
Pastor dey eye your babe

I don’t believe in pastor dictating life partners

Now that’s where dating or courtship comes in

If you date a babe for at least two years you should know half of her dos & donts

You should know your cash inflow or bankruptcy within those two years

You should know if she ever missed her period

You should know what to expect

Yeah I know women hide so much of their character while dating

But you sef go set standards of who you’re while in relationship make she know say if marriage happens there are some Shiits you can’t take

No let any pastor wine you just weigh your gains and loss during courtship

This is the consequences when you can't pray for yourself
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by sweetTai(m): 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2023
Something tells me that you are a civil servant. If you own your own business or in political office, your mother in law won’t say that.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by iramure(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
I advise you to flee from anything religious... it's the biggest scam and stupidity to mankind.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by poseidon12: 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

It's only the Reverend Father that made sense, for obvious reasons. Reverend Fathers (Catholic) are generally well educated unlike all these fake Pastors and Prophets.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by broadman20: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
siofragspot:
undecided

There are many topics here on Nairaland about such relationship/ marriage issues

Op you and your partner should pray directly to God, instead of looking for a doom sayer to ruin your relationship.

How many pastors and Imams have lied to the the world that Tinubu will not become President? Now see President Tinubu dancing Emi Lo Kan with world leaders of different countries

Hmmmmm!

This thing na still first half o! E never even finish self, you don start to sing wining song.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by siofragspot: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
broadman20:

Hmmmmm!

This thing na still first half o! E never even finish self, you don start to sing wining song.

grin
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by akpascomartino: 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Had similar experience. In my own case her mother wasn't involved. Even the mother was
was asking the name of the church she refused to tell.
Have engaged her already and was planning for her introduction . This revelation from this her unknown pastor came up Oct the preceding year.

She started running after a guy whose brother is in Malaysia . She even cheated on me sleeping in the guys house over night . Unknown to her that she will be caught by me. In the morning while returning from the guys house I called her on video call, she refused to pick. Asking me me didn't j trust her. This was after 4 days she spend the day and night with me.

I behaved ad if I have forgotten every then saved that particular date in my brain. I then invited her about 2weeks later. At night I checked her phone on that particular date. Oh boy, my heart cut. In fact my own story bad pass yours.
Bro forget the girl. She had started seeing a richer guy. So focus on yourself and build yourself.
To cut my story short, this guy she dumped me for dumped her and marry his fellow state girl in Jan 2022.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by dododawa1: 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
Is pastor GOD
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by dododawa1: 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2023
MONEY involved
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ade1177: 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
akpascomartino:

Had similar experience. In my own case her mother wasn't involved. Even the mother was
was asking the name of the church she refused to tell.
Have engaged her already and was planning for her introduction . This revelation from this her unknown pastor came up Oct the preceding year.

She started running after a guy whose brother is in Malaysia . She even cheated on me sleeping in the guys house over night . Unknown to her that she will be caught by me. In the morning while returning from the guys house I called her on video call, she refused to pick. Asking me me didn't j trust her. This was after 4 days she spend the day and night with me.

I behaved ad if I have forgotten every then saved that particular date in my brain. I then invited her about 2weeks later. At night I checked her phone on that particular date. Oh boy, my heart cut. In fact my own story bad pass yours.
Bro forget the girl. She had started seeing a richer guy. So focus on yourself and build yourself.
To cut my story short, this guy she dumped me for dumped her and marry his fellow state girl in Jan 2022.

Girls will always do this

Go for a richer dude and lie to the good guy they dating

If only guys know What 50k can make some ladies in serious relationships do

You won't die on one girl that you are not sure is always in your house at night everyday from 6pm

Even those that go to work. Guys they pick them at work then after everything they go home

Women life is boring without a guy

If it's not with you

It's with another guy she feels is better

When a girl breaks up and says she wants to be alone

She means she wants to be without you in particular not other guys

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by elbulk(m): 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

You have a mouth, you have knees, and you have Bible so why all the prayer contracting please? So a prophecy is usually a confirmation of what you already feel. So the Holy Spirit isn't a confusionist
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by deegalaxy(m): 1:40pm On Jun 25, 2023
Man, let her go! They could be right, they could be wrong. Aside that you already have a big breach with your mother inlaw believe me you don't want to start your marriage that way. So move on!

Don't let kids, who are not yet married or have any experience about marriage advice you to engage in a love conquering fight that is not worth it. Relationship is not marriage.

Let her go!
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by thesmallgod(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2023
Indirectly the woman is telling you that you cannot Marry her daughter
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by janeedema(f): 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2023
But the OP visits spiritualists, too. He said: "There's a woman that prays for him here in Lagos".

This means there are others who he consults to pray for him outside of Lagos.

Abi you aren't seeing what I am seeing?

The OP is simply inheriting his mother-in-law. His wife-to-be is not innocent as well.

After all, the message that they shouldn't marry was delivered by his fiancee on behalf of her mum.

The OP now brought something as sensitive as marriage to Nairalanders to help him decide what to do.

Chaiii...

Do you know what it truly means to be a husband? Like to be a man who leads his home? I don't think so.

If you keep going at this rate, your marriage will be a haven where people will be dropping all forms of prophecy and because you are disconnected from God, you will be running helter skelter.

Please, find God and build a relationship with Him. That's the only way to get clarity.

quote author=blaise26abj post=124023612]

Lol. All these scammers . They are just betting against the high divorce rates . When they get it right , those women that patronize them will tell all their friends that believe in such things that they have one powerful prophet . That’s how the prophet keep cashing out or using those women for sexual gratifications .

My advice is work on yourself and give your best . Marriage is not for the faint hearted . Pray and keep working with your wife . Beware of your mother Inlaw sha . In-laws that visit spiritualists can constitute nuisance in your home . [/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Bananapill: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

I like the reply of your other Pastors and the Rev. Carry on if your girlfriend says she's ready to walk down the aisle with you.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by ImpactBooks: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
This was what happened to me year 2003. In a nutshell, the guy my fiancee committed her to marry ended up leaving her as a single mother with 3 children to God knows where and of course, as an irresponsible man. The lady is now a shadow of herself. I felt pity for the lady the day we met and narrated her ordeal to me. She even narrated how she fought with her mother over her present marital predicament. She specifically accused her mom of misleading her and her mom had to come begging her. This lady is now begging me for financial assistance. Hmmm. Story plenty o. But I thank God for my life. Op, it is well with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by lollybizzu(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

I have experienced this first hand. I got a fake prophecy that my fiancee, now my wife was a witch and jezebel. I cried and cried that day...after four years of friendship + relationship.

We are married now three years and I can say she's one of the best things that has happened to me.

The decision is yours to make. Know what you want and be determined to fight for it.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Lastborn0074: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Marriage happens between two people. Pro 18:22 he who finds a wife finds a good thing... the key thing is that a man must find. Not even God finds for a man. So if you have found, go ahead and formalise, but I suspect that the mother is not comfortable with you either bc of your financial status or your tribe. If her mother is not comfortable with you, then you may have to look elsewhere. But don't let anyone dictate for you. It's not biblical. The choice is solely yours. Good luck!
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by outofthebox: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
Once you have had sexual relationship with her, somethings wouldn't be clear.
I learnt this the hard way and I am still learning.

Everything is not physical. Africans are fetish in nature and would go any length to satisfy their wishes.

What if her mum doesn't want you as her daughter's husband? And she is just wanting you to not marry her daughter

I would advise you to fast for 3days. Take leave off work. Many people have lost their lives/destinies due to a wrong decision.
I was saved by God's grace.
I believe God would talk to you directly. Just cry to him.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by adverttrading: 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2023
Dem no dey tell person. If you like, leave the babe for your pastor, grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDcB9TUmQQM
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by afroxyz: 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
Provided yiu guys are still seeking the opinion of other people to get married, then I would advise you guys not ti get married. You both are not yet matured for marriage
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by onoriodeemmy: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by onoriodeemmy: 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
Guy why re u looking for God wen He is not lost but beside u.please learn to go on ur knees and pray to God.He will answer u.imagine the number of prophets and pastor that saw Nigeria last election from their own views .some even said deir will be no inauguration. Pray and work hard to ensure ur marriage works .all d best
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by SyndyB(m): 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Okay, everybody has said this or that about your marriage, you what do you have to say about yourself and your spouse to me, will you work, will she work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Marry Against Your Parents' Wishes? / Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? / Kenyan Man Detonates 5 Petrol Bombs In His House After Accusing Wife Of Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.