Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,499 members, 7,954,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

2012 Adamawa Governorship Race - CPC's Resurrection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2012 Adamawa Governorship Race - CPC's Resurrection (878 Views)

Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group / Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / ADAMAWA GOVERNORSHIP : PDP Woos Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2012 Adamawa Governorship Race - CPC's Resurrection by danjohn: 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2011
The Adamawa governorship race in January 2012 may be CPC's chance to make a comeback.  Their current candidate, Buba Marwa, is a man with national name recognition.  In addition, since Marwa's image is that of a Muslim who transcends religion, him becoming the poster child for CPC could help heal the party's wounds.

In addition, if CPC can win in Adamawa with Marwa, it could make an opposition alliance in 2015 stronger because it will give such an alliance/merger the much needed regional balance.

Right now it appears that Marwa's campaign is struggling.  My suggestion is for ACN not to field a candidate for this race.  In addition, I think that ACN should try campaigning for Marwa with the hope of building political capital with him.  Such political can come in handy when the time comes to discuss a possible alliance/merger.  What do you guys think?
Re: 2012 Adamawa Governorship Race - CPC's Resurrection by aljharem3: 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
danjohn:

The Adamawa governorship race in January 2012 may be CPC's chance to make a comeback.  Their current candidate, Buba Marwa, is a man with national name recognition.  In addition, since Marwa's image is that of a Muslim who transcends religion, him becoming the poster child for CPC could help heal the party's wounds.

In addition, if CPC can win in Adamawa with Marwa, it could make an opposition alliance in 2015 stronger because it will give such an alliance/merger the much needed regional balance.

Right now it appears that Marwa's campaign is struggling.  My suggestion is for ACN not to field a candidate for this race.  In addition, I think that ACN should try campaigning for Marwa with the hope of building political capital with him.  Such political can come in handy when the time comes to discuss a possible alliance/merger.  What do you guys think? 

I don't think ACN has a strong foothold in adamawa yet, although not sure

CPC should try to campaign stronger in adamawa, I am sure ACN would field in a candidate but would likely lose
Re: 2012 Adamawa Governorship Race - CPC's Resurrection by cjfavour(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2011
the question is; is marwa a credible candidate?
Re: 2012 Adamawa Governorship Race - CPC's Resurrection by danjohn: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2011
cjfavour:

the question is; is marwa a credible candidate?

I do not live in Adamawa state and I do not know whether the residents of Adamawa have a favorable opinion of him.  From a very high level, he looks like a sellable candidate for a state like Adamawa.  He looks like a candidate that can build a broad base of Muslims and Christians which is very important for a state like Adamawa that is 47% Christian.  A person like Marwa, if elected, can help dispel the negative opinion that people have of CPC.

(1) (Reply)

Fec Approves N49bn Augmentation For Projects •as Apapa Port Gets N20bn / 30 Billion Naira now coming to Rivers State / Acn Shuts Out Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.