Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown (4615 Views)

710 Nigerians Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In 10 Months —igbo Youth Movement / Over 80 Nigerians Killed In Bangui (Central African Republic) / 4 Nigerians Killed In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by OAM4J: 1:25am On Oct 04, 2011
[size=13pt]Nigerians killed near Gaddafi’s hometown[/size]

Three Nigerians, alleged to be fighting alongside the soldiers of the ousted Libyan leader, Col. Muamar Gaddafi, have been killed by the National Transitional Council fighters close to Sirte, the ousted leader’s hometown.

Spain-based Hamada Radio International monitored in Kaduna on Monday listed the three Nigerians killed as 33-year-old Ugochukwu Okafor; Emeka Aloysius Mohammed, 33; and Braimoh Robinson Garba, 30.

The report also claimed that the Nigerian Union in Libya alleged that the Nigerian government had abondoned its consular responsibility to evacuate stranded Nigerians in the war-torn North African country.

The report said, “Some of the Nigerians were shown on a BBC programme presented by Zainab Bedawi over the weekend. Despite the recognition given the NTC by President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigerians and other black Africans have been subject of attack by the rebel forces.

“An NTC source said the hostility against Nigerians might not be unconnected with the belief that Gaddafi’s followers are being sheltered in Kano and some Northern Nigerian cities.

“The most recent case was the arrival of family members of the former Libyan Ambassador to Nigeria, late Mohammed Sherrefedeen, who held both Libyan and Nigerian nationality and was a fluent Hausa speaker.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20111004050282
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:13am On Oct 04, 2011
If true, and if they fought to the bitter end (even in the face of apparent defeat) then they got what they deserve. But c'mon!!! I mean, you'd have to be daft, and have some kind of inexplicable love for Ghaddafi (not to talk of a death wish undecided) to continue fighting when the odds are stacked against you so obviously.

My guess is that they would have been stuck in the town with no means of escape, and when the rebels (and i use the word 'rebels' very lightly: b'cos as far as i'm concerned, murderous/rascist/bloodthirsty animals would be better adjectives to qualify them with) overan the place, they would have killed them instantly without giving them a chance to explain their situation. Much like giving a dog a bad name to hang it.

The ministry of foreign affairs is breathtakingly useless, as we've heard next to nothing from them on this protracted issue. It's almost like Nigerian lifes mean nothing to these people. And if we don't care for our own, why do we expect a pack of North African racists to do otherwise.

I thought the new government in Libya (supported by NATO) was all about human rights and fair hearing shocked ? Or doesn't that apply to Black Africans??

Until we Black Africans start to respect ourselves, we'll continue to be the 'dog' and 'footmat' for the rest of the world to catch their fun with.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by Obiagu1(m): 2:19am On Oct 04, 2011
Were they Libyan soldiers of Nigerian origin? If yes, then how does that concern Nigeria?

If their leader, Gadaffi, has not asked them to surrender, why should they surrender as true soldiers?
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by SouthEast1: 2:53am On Oct 04, 2011
I thought the other Yoruba newspaper article that we discussed in this forum says only SE and northern people were in Ghadaffi's army and that no SW and SS person agreed to join? Now if a this report is anything to go by, Braimoh Robinson Garba is Edo.

Anyways, how did they get the names of dead soldiers so accurately, especially when their names are foreign and therefore will not be even easy to pronounce by libyans. Another fake story by an Yoruba journalist Please do not tell me these mean were carrying id cards, for that is likely not possible.

Like I said, at the end of the day, Nigerians from all ethnicities will be found in Libyan's previous army, just like you will in the US, UK, etc armies. I rest my case
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by brainpulse: 8:57am On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

I thought the other Yoruba newspaper article that we discussed in this forum says only SE and northern people were in Ghadaffi's army and that no SW and SS person agreed to join? Now if a this report is anything to go by, Braimoh Robinson Garba is Edo.

Anyways, how did they get the names of dead soldiers so accurately, especially when their names are foreign and therefore will not be even easy to pronounce by libyans. Another fake story by an Yoruba journalist Please do not tell me these mean were carrying id cards, for that is likely not possible.

Like I said, at the end of the day, Nigerians from all ethnicities will be found in Libyan's previous army, just like you will in the US, UK, etc armies. I rest my case

SORRY YOU HAVE NOT MADE ANY SENSE AT ALL. PLEASE RE-READ THE ARTICLE, HAVE A DEEP THOUGHT THEN COME OUT WITH SOMETHING SENSIBLE.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by PhysicsQED(m): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

How do you know Braimoh Robinson Garba is Edo?

Braimoh, Robinson, and Garba are not Edo names.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by 9javoice1(m): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2011
what are these Yoruba people faking news here and there.
i still did't get it why yoruba's hated nc,ss and se so much that anything
bad they will like to associate us to it.
anyway its clear that the news is fake and lies.
how did they get the names of a dead people.
where they captured before execution?
pls yoruba people stop your hatread on ss,se and nc for we don't have your time.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by PhysicsQED(m): 9:02am On Oct 04, 2011
Spain-based Hamada Radio International monitored in Kaduna on Monday listed the three Nigerians killed as 33-year-old Ugochukwu Okafor; Emeka Aloysius Mohammed, 33; and Braimoh Robinson Garba, 30.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by 9javoice1(m): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2011
Posted by: PhysicsQEDHow do you know Braimoh Robinson Garba is Edo?

we all knew that an igbo man cannot answer Emeka Aloysius Mohammed together because it never worked in igbo land. its eighter you are a christian or you are a muslim(minor).
only yoruba's in nigeria that we all knew that a man answers local name with christian and islamic name together. because in yoruba land the father can be muslim while the mother is christian and grand father pagan.so they co join all these names on an individual.but in the ss,se its never worked. we can only have native names and during baptism in the church we wil be giving an english name.

look, all the reports like this are all reported by yoruba reporters. what did the se,ss and nc done to the yoruba's.
they never mention the name of any yoruba man showing you the evil intent behind it.
what sort of hatred is this. now am begining to see the reason why nc,ss have bad feelings on the yoruba folks.

i have met a lot yoruba folks with nigeria passport that bears igbo names and i ak them why. they say it been smart.
we know who is who in nigeria, wherever you see a name such as the one above the bearer is a yoruba.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 04, 2011
OAM4J:

Three Nigerians, alleged to be fighting alongside the soldiers of the ousted Libyan leader, Col. Muamar Gaddafi, have been killed by the National Transitional Council fighters close to Sirte, the ousted leader’s hometown.

The report also claimed that the Nigerian Union in Libya alleged that the Nigerian government had abondoned its consular responsibility to evacuate stranded Nigerians in the war-torn North African country.

The report said, “Some of the Nigerians were shown on a BBC programme presented by Zainab Bedawi over the weekend. Despite the recognition given the NTC by President Goodluck Jonathan, Nigerians and other black Africans have been subject of attack by the rebel forces.

“An NTC source said the hostility against Nigerians might not be unconnected with the belief that Gaddafi’s followers are being sheltered in Kano and some Northern Nigerian cities.

“The most recent case was the arrival of family members of the former Libyan Ambassador to Nigeria, late Mohammed Sherrefedeen, who held both Libyan and Nigerian nationality and was a fluent Hausa speaker.”

Now where is philip06 that was arguing like a toddler to come and dispute this one again ? See how ibo man dey join hausa to hin name just because of money but what baffles me most is why ibos are easily targeted by hausas in nigeria while they are fighting alongside each other for Ghadaffi ? Nawao
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 04, 2011
9ja voice:

Posted by: PhysicsQEDHow do you know Braimoh Robinson Garba is Edo?

we all knew that an igbo man cannot answer Emeka Aloysius Mohammed together because it never worked in igbo land. its eighter you are a christian or you are a muslim(minor).
only yoruba's in nigeria that we all knew that a man answers local name with christian and islamic name together. because in yoruba land the father can be muslim while the mother is christian and grand father pagan.so they co join all these names on an individual.but in the ss,se its never worked. we can only have native names and during baptism in the church we wil be giving an english name.

look, all the reports like this are all reported by yoruba reporters. what did the se,ss and nc done to the yoruba's.
they never mention the name of any yoruba man showing you the evil intent behind it.
what sort of hatred is this. now am begining to see the reason why nc,ss have bad feelings on the yoruba folks.

i have met a lot yoruba folks with nigeria passport that bears igbo names and i ak them why. they say it been smart.
we know who is who in nigeria, wherever you see a name such as the one above the bearer is a yoruba.

So it was your obas that sent ekene di chuku to libya to bring yoruba mercenaries abi ? I'm sure you will tell me ekene di chuku is also a yoruba term !
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by prince4lif: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2011
Nigerian consulate is the worst in the world, they even stand to accuse Nigerians of crime and whatsoever, are those politicians in government not committing more crimes than ordinary citizens. Frustration and poverty has forced so many Nigerians out of their home and we have a government who doesn't care, I live in Ghana and I can see the difference is clear, I have lived in Europe I see how people are being treated especially when in need and and in times of emergency, this bloody politicians travel abroad everyday and see the difference but can't tell why they will never implement policies that will change the lives of their people, they spend our money as if it's their inheritance, MAY GOD PUNISH EVERY SELF CENTERED AND FRAUDULENT POLITICIAN, their generation will suffer for all the harm they caused our great country and above all they will use all the money they stole from us to treat incurable diseases, CANCER AND STROKE shall be their portion. Even the bible says "Righteousness exalts a nation and sins a reproach to every nation". Oh God of heaven avenge our course and deliver us from blood sucking and greedy politicians, Let the words of the national anthem and oat they swore on assumption of office hunt them and their family. Amen!!!

GOD YOU HAVE ALREADY BLESS NIGERIA, MY PRAYER IS THAT YOU NOW DELIVER NIGERIA!
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by 9javoice1(m): 9:31am On Oct 04, 2011
The reporters name is By Segun Olatunji.

That news never reported at that kaduna base radio at all on monday.
if you doubt trace it yourself,or beta tell us the time the air it.
we all knew who and what yoruba's are upto in nigeria.  

demonizing others so that they will look good in their own eyes.
but this nonsense continue making them devilish everyday to all our eyes.
when you read se,ss and nc dailies they usualy reports evils they saw on their
region much than they report any from other region.
but yoruba dailies often than normal reports evil things
about other region and left evils in their region untouched.

what is wrong with the yoruba's i don't know but time shall tell.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by PhysicsQED(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2011
@ 9ja voice, I did not say that he could not have been Edo. He could possibly be from Edo north, where it seems that a few people there mix up names like that occasionally. I just said that there is no actual evidence that he is Edo. For all I know, the man could be an Igala.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 04, 2011
9ja voice:

The reporters name is By Segun Olatunji.

That news never reported at that kaduna base radio at all on monday.
if you doubt trace it yourself,or beta tell us the time the air it.
we all knew who and what yoruba's are upto in nigeria.  

demonizing others so that they will look good in their own eyes.
but this nonsense continue making them devilish everyday to all our eyes.
when you read se,ss and nc dailies they usualy reports evils they saw on their
region much than they report any from other region.
but yoruba dailies often than normal reports evil things
about other region and left evils in their region untouched.

what is wrong with the yoruba's i don't know but time shall tell.
So yoruba also own HAMADA radio international based in spain where the report came from ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by 9javoice1(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2011
Posted by: ~Bluetooth:So it was your obas that sent ekene di chuku to libya to bring yoruba mercenaries abi ? I'm sure you will tell me ekene di chuku is also a yoruba term !

yes no body is denying that fact that se and ss peeps are not living in libya including yoruba's.
the sw peeps did not have transport company that are inter countries en route.
ekene dili chukwu u can see even in europe if there are any landed border
between africa and eu and other se and ss motor company.
and they have right to transport whoever paid their fare ok.

i lived in libya in 2004 and i will tel you beta ,a lot of se and ss are there but we still have many yoruba's there too even much more than nc and other norths.so why the denial of the ovius. when a nigeria commits anything abroad we have to admit he/her is nigerian but is only yoruba reporters will report he is from igbo or benin or ijaw just to distance themself from the said crime what a shame.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by cantell(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So it was your obas that sent ekene di chuku to libya to bring yoruba mercenaries abi ? I'm sure you will tell me ekene di chuku is also a yoruba term !
Point of correction, Igbos do not have Obas but Igwe(s).
Ekene diri chukwu not "chuku".
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2011
cantell:

Point of correction, Igbos do not have Obas but Igwe(s).
Ekene diri chukwu not "chuku".
Na you sabi o !
9ja voice:

Posted by: ~Bluetooth:So it was your obas that sent ekene di chuku to libya to bring yoruba mercenaries abi ? I'm sure you will tell me ekene di chuku is also a yoruba term !

yes no body is denying that fact that se and ss peeps are not living in libya including yoruba's.
the sw peeps did not have transport company that are inter countries en route.
ekene dili chukwu u can see even in europe if there are any landed border
between africa and eu and other se and ss motor company.
and they have right to transport whoever paid their fare ok.

i lived in libya in 2004 and i will tel you beta ,a lot of se and ss are there but we still have many yoruba's there too even much more than nc and other norths.so why the denial of the ovius. when a nigeria commits anything abroad we have to admit he/her is nigerian but is only yoruba reporters will report he is from igbo or benin or ijaw just to distance themself from the said crime what a shame.
When Abu mutallab attempted to bomb a plane in 2009,why was everybody screaming that he was a northerner ? But now that ibos and hausas are killing for Ghadaffi,you want us to see them as nigerians and not from an ethnic angle.is that not hypocrisy ?
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by emmatok(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

PUNCH didn't say those Nigerian are from SS, SE,SW or North.

Way discredit a news paper because of perceived tribalism.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by tpia5: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2011
A previous report had listed four zones in libya corresponding to regions in nigeria- edo, igbo, yoruba and hausa.

So why all this shouting of yoruba yoruba.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by tpia5: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2011
Can we instead look at the threat posed by armed militants returning from libya and the govt's lackadaisical attitude towards disarming or debriefing them.

These people will have ptsd in addition to whatever other attitudes they picked up in libya.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by SouthEast1: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2011
SE and Northern people usually took the offer to join Libyan army while the SW and SS people did not

Above was the quote on the other thread that sparked off the whole issue

Now folks, I do not know how much of that you believe. It is an unbelievable story, especially as these people were said to be recruited when Libya had no war going on, so no unemployed and able Nigerian in Libya had any reason not to earn a wage in Libya as a soldier, rather than remain unemployed. Can anyone even explain how/why a Yoruba in Libya (including muslim Yorubas) will reject employment into the Libyan army and others will accept? To begin with, what is the problem with being in the libyan army when Nigerians are in the UK and US army and some have been killed fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Plus:

Emeka Aloysius Mohammed
. What sort of name is this?
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by romeo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
There is nothing like Hamada Radio international in Spain!!! Lies lies lies!!! I live here of course.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by SouthEast1: 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2011
^^^^^
Thank you. But you do not even need to live in Spain to know. Google has told us so already. Just google Hamada Radio International and see.
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by hbrednic: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
HAMADA RADIO INTERNATIONAL aka DECAYED NIGERIAN TRIBUNE NEWSPAPER cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by vanbonattel: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Na you sabi o !
When Abu mutallab attempted to bomb a plane in 2009,why was everybody screaming that he was a northerner ? But now that ibos and hausas are killing for Ghadaffi,you want us to see them as nigerians and not from an ethnic angle.is that not hypocrisy ?
boko haram tingz
Re: Nigerians Killed Around Gaddafi’s Hometown by Duru1(m): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
OAM4J:

What crime there is if few Nigerians chose to fight alongside the soldiers of the ousted Libyan leader, Col. Muamar Gaddafi? Nigerians fight alongside soldiers of many countries in the world.

(1) (Reply)

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Military/army Career (formal President Of Nigeria) / READ Rev. Mbaka's Warning Message To Buhari / Countering The Lies Of Nigeria Army On Bokoharam Rocket Factory(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.