Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration (2172 Views)

Fuel Hike Makes Deltans To Pay Higher Price In Delta State Govt Urban Transport / Irritating For Niger Deltans To Lay Claim To The Oil In Their Community - Buhari / Gov. Uduaghan Controls Traffic In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by OAM4J: 1:36am On Oct 04, 2011
[size=13pt]Be patient with my administration, Uduaghan tells Deltans[/size]

By Austin Ogwuda
Asaba— DELTA State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, has called on Deltans to be patient as his administration was repositioning the state’s economy with a view to tackling youth unemployment and achieving a robust economy that will be less dependent on oil.

He gave the assurance on his facebook chat with his fans, as part of the activities to mark the nation’s 51st independence anniversary in the state.

He reiterated that unemployment remained the greatest challenge to his administration, which was  why he decided to partner with the private sector to create job opportunities for the unemployed.

Uduaghan said: “I want Deltans to be patient. My administration will create jobs for our youths. The construction of infrastructure takes time. We are doing our best to develop more of them in order to empower our people.”

On road rehabilitation, the governor said: “Delta State Government is committed to the construction of roads because of its great agricultural potentials. Work will begin in earnest after the rain and it will be completed hopefully before the next rainy season.

“As for marketing our administration’s programmes, we are re-strategising so that people will know more of the programmes such as the free maternal healthcare for pregnant women and children under five years; free examination fees for SS3 students; scholarship for different categories of beneficiaries, among others,” he said in response to a question by a fan.

The fans raised issues bordering on youth unemployment, roads, flood, sanitation, education, among others.

Meanwhile, the State Government had said it had concluded arrangement to raise N100 billion from the capital market to improve the infrastructural base of the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/be-patient-with-my-administration-uduaghan-tells-deltans/
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by OAM4J: 1:37am On Oct 04, 2011
Patience! After how many years?
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by dayokanu(m): 1:55am On Oct 04, 2011
Give him ten more years

Delta has really gone to the dogs
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by Obiagu1(m): 1:59am On Oct 04, 2011
Ok, we give you 8 more years.
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:23am On Oct 04, 2011
I can't stand that man. Individuals with no vision and capacity to run a bath, let alone a whole state, are thrust upon us whether we like am or not. I mean, to be Executive Governor na by force ?

I pity Deltans sad.
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by Osama10(m): 4:18am On Oct 04, 2011
angry angry angry
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by WebSurfer(m): 5:00am On Oct 04, 2011
patient with u stealing all the money! God would punish you soon, Mod u 2 if u delete my post, I dey vex
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by KnowAll(m): 5:47am On Oct 04, 2011
How did dis man qualify as a doctor, na cheat d man cheat I swear, such a clueless buffon undecided
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by Gbawe: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2011
I am surpised a certain Yoruba wannabe, actually from Delta State, is not first to respond to this thread. Talk about dereliction of civic duty. Meanwhile , If Osun State is the topic the resident NL clown will be present making irritating noise. Mr. Man, them no dey buy am for market ,i.e being Yoruba, and you are certainly not going to become Yoruba by speaking Yoruba and talking about the region non-stop. Give it rest. Step back and you will recognise what you are. Your State and region needs the attention you focus, 24/7, on the SW. Na Yam?
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by doctokwus: 9:00am On Oct 04, 2011
I always use d abia state gov,Orji Kalu as a barometre of d failure scale to rate other governors.In terms of performance scale of 1-10,Orji gets a minus;am disappointed to find dat Uduagan comes very,very close to Orji @0.
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by mcnepow(m): 9:03am On Oct 04, 2011
I am presently in delta state and what I have seen shows that Uduaghan shares the same ranks with T. A. Orji - Unfit to even run menial jobs. Rubbish people!
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by mcnepow(m): 9:05am On Oct 04, 2011
doctokwus:

I always use d abia state gov,Orji Kalu as a barometre of d failure scale to rate other governors.In terms of performance scale of 1-10,Orji gets a minus;am disappointed to find dat Uduagan comes very,very close to Orji @0.

May God bless u X10!!! Abeg, u dey read people mind??
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by mbulela: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2011
doctokwus:

Theodore Orji is worse than both.
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by doctokwus: 9:13am On Oct 04, 2011
mcnepow:

May God bless u X10!!! Abeg, u dey read people mind??
I collect d blessing,sharp,sharp.Bless u 2.
I no dey read mind o,na d small brain God gv me,whey many of our rulers no gree use,me I dey try use
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by mcnepow(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2011
doctokwus:

Na d small brain God gv me,whey many of our rulers no gree use,me I dey try use
U dey even talk like say them get brain, who dash them??
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2011
KnowAll:

How did dis man qualify as a doctor, na cheat d man cheat I swear, such a clueless buffon undecided

yeah he used to be one I seriously doubt he still knows the trade.
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by Osocan(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2011
make somebody way know am
help me tell am say
make e go DIE!
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by Gbawe: 10:44am On Oct 04, 2011
mcnepow:

I am presently in delta state and what I have seen shows that Uduaghan shares the same ranks with T. A. Orji - Unfit to even run menial jobs. [/b]Rubbish people!

My guy, you are correct. Uduaghan is simply one of the most corrupt Governors in Nigeria. This is why some of us criticised GEJ for acting as the defacto campaign manager for the re-election of this blatant looter.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/corruption-group-lambasts-uduaghan-over-lack-transparency-accountability

[b]Corruption: Group Lambasts Uduaghan Over Lack Of Transparency, Accountability
Posted: October 3, 2011 - 09:07
Posted by siteadmin
By Citizen Reporter

Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan has again been accused of mismanaging state resources of over N110 billion received from the federation account.

And the opposition in the state has challenged him on the dilapidated roads and schools in the area.  In a letter addressed to the state governor and signed by National coordinator of the Niger Delta Peace Coalition, Mr. Zik Gbemre said there are more questions than answers, on the part of the state government’s ability to account to Deltans concerning how every kobo of revenue coming into the state since 1999 has been expended.

[b]The group said that the N110, 773,603,736.17 which the Federal Ministry of Finance through the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation, summarized in its Net Revenue Allocation to states by Federation Account Allocation Committee from January to July, this year left Deltans in shock.

“We were left in absolute shock and in wonder to find at that Delta state alone had received the whopping sum of N110, 773,603,736.17 (One Hundred and Ten Billion, Seven Hundred and Seventy-Three Million, Six Hundred and Three Thousand, Seven Hundred and Thirty-Six Naira, Seventeen Kobo),” the statement said.

Mr. Gbemre further pointed out that everything seems to be in a ‘standstill’ at the moment in the state. He enumerated as follows: “Our road networks are all virtually in a terrible state with unspeakable pot-holes and gullies. The health Sector is in a poor state. The educational sector is even worse off with dilapidated structures and classroom blocks/roofs that are begging for refurbishment/maintenance, not to mention the dehumanizing ways teachers are being treated with their salary payments.” asserting that within the seven months period, the state was plunged into “shrouded clandestine financing.”[/b]

The pressure group expressed bewilderment that transparency and accountability, as attributes of good governance and democracy, have eluded the state, even as it affirmed the “self-perpetuating government” re-branding logo of the state. “With the current rains at the moment, the poor drainage system and ineffective Waste Management have made the state to be like a national disaster that is about to happen; not to mention the degrading infrastructural development in and around the entire major cities of Delta State.

While the group said the “well-created and decorated white-lie”, designed to deceive the people of state did not proffer satisfactory justification deceptive treatment on the people of the state, it commended the new Finance Minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for opening-up the shrouded clandestine state and federal financial activities and urged the state government to make its account open for sustainable development.  It also called on people of other states of the federation to pay attention to the management of their funds.

The statement observed that there is absolutely nothing on ground in Delta state to justify the billions of Naira accruing to the state every month from the Federation allocation as well as its internally generated revenue.

Meanwhile Uduaghan has been told to declare a state of emergency on schools and roads across the state. The Delta state chairman of the Community Party of Nigeria (CPN), Mr. Mamuzo Emamowho, said in Asaba that bad roads without drainage have exposed residents of Asaba and its environs to the menace of erosion and flooding.  He stressed that the ingredients of any democratic system of government are the ability of such a government, no matter the level, to be accountable and transparent to its populace in the management and appropriation of public funds and resources.

He identified some of the affected dilapidated roads to include Anwai Road, which leads to Government House, Asaba; the Jesus Saves, Osadebe Way, DLA road, Okpanam road, Ezenei Avenue road, Umu-onaje (1-2x) road, Infant Jesus road, Deputy Governor’s Office.
He underlined that the degree to which any government is able to execute projects toward the development of the people should be the determinant factor that government should be allowed to remain or branded as an undemocratic civilian government.
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by sheriffman(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
Lke Father GEJ,like Son Uduaghan
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by markjac01: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
are u nuts? Pay me my bursary!
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by kulutempa: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
Please, please, be patient and give me time to clean out the treasury grin
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by flippers: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2011
that's what happens when people give their mandate for 1k, few cups of rice, cup of salt etc, u have to eat that 1k, rice and salt for 4years
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by otokx(m): 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2011
Shaking my head for Uduaghan but its the same thing all of them are saying. Its like when they go for their governors meeting they formulate strategy to confuse the people more. They keep telling us that tomorrow will be better for us, have patience whereas they and their children are looting the treasury and having it good for today.
Re: Gov. Uduaghan Urges Deltans To Be Patient With His Administration by badmrkt(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2011
give him time to think of how to think.

(1) (Reply)

Diezani Allison-madueke Share 2million Naira To Ijaw Communities In Abuja. / We’ll Go Ahead With Demolition Of 10,288 Houses In Mpape - FCT Minister / Ogun State Governor, Amosun Emerges Best Security Conscious Gov In W’africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.