Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes (6464 Views)

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / Native Doctors Storm Imo Govt House For Cleansing Over Alleged Coffin / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Chyz2: 2:07am On Oct 04, 2011
[size=13pt]Imo blasts Abia govt over sack of non-indigenes[/size]

On October 4, 2011 · In News

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI—Imo State Government has reacted angrily to the sacking of non-indigenes working for its Abia State counterpart.

Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Dr. Obinna Duruji, who made government’s stand known in a telephone chat, also described the new policy of Governor Theodore Orji as anachronistic and obsolete.

He said: “Abia State Government’s policy of sacking non-indigenes on its payroll is anachronistic and patently obsolete in Nigeria’s present day realities. Honestly, the policy is completely reprehensible.”

Imo State Government lamented that “the irrational act would compel us to retaliate, so as to accommodate our citizens forced out of Abia civil and public service.”

The government argued that more Abia State indigenes were currently on its payroll than what Abia State government claimed about Imo citizens.

“We have more Abians than they have ours. We have Abians in the state expanded executive council. How can we now continue to keep such persons on our payroll when our own have been summarily sacked by their employers? This is sad.

“Those on our payroll will obviously be disengaged to quickly make room for those sacked by Abia Government. Some Igbo patriots have been making frantic effort to unify Ndigbo but Governor Orji’s damnable act has completely rubbished whatever remained of Igbo unity.”

He reasoned that it was not late for Abia government to have a rethink, adding that the policy would certainly iginite a far-reaching chain reaction within the geo-political zone.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/imo-blasts-abia-govt-over-sack-of-non-indigenes/
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 2:19am On Oct 04, 2011
Chyz*:

[size=13pt]Imo blasts Abia govt over sack of non-indigenes[/size]

We have more Abians than they have ours. We have Abians in the state expanded executive council. How can we now continue to keep such persons on our payroll when our own have been summarily sacked by their employers? This is sad.

“Those on our payroll will obviously be disengaged to quickly make room for those sacked by Abia Government. Some Igbo patriots have been making frantic effort to unify Ndigbo but Governor Orji’s damnable act has completely rubbished whatever remained of Igbo unity.”

He reasoned that it was not late for Abia government to have a rethink, adding that the policy would certainly iginite a far-reaching chain reaction within the geo-political zone.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/imo-blasts-abia-govt-over-sack-of-non-indigenes/

really is this how rochas is ?

why is he talking about igbos unity etc when other like the hausa, yorubas and ijaws were sent packing

I bet if a fashola did the same, heaven for don fall down

yet some people want roachas as president
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Chyz2: 2:38am On Oct 04, 2011
alj_harem:

really is this how rochas is ?

why is he talking about igbos unity etc when other like the hausa, yorubas and ijaws were sent packing

I bet if a fashola did the same, heaven for don fall down

yet some people want roachas as president

Not Rochas talking. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with what the spokesman said. The two states are Igbo states and the vass majority that will be effected are Igbos.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 2:42am On Oct 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Not Rochas talking. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with what the spokesman said. The two states are Igbo states and the vass majority that will be effected are Igbos.

hmm might be so that it is majority igbos

but this are my views

I see everyone as Nigerian and as such the spokesman is not talking for a pan-igbo group but as a governmental spokesman

I think it is better to be talking in terms of "Nigerian" and not igbo

or chyz what do u think ?
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 2:45am On Oct 04, 2011
These things will continue to happen until we abolish indigenship.
Even family members (father and son) wrangle over positions and issues, let alone two states, albeit of one ethnicity. Hope they agree to disagree maturedly.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Chyz2: 3:01am On Oct 04, 2011
alj_harem:

hmm might be so that it is majority igbos

but this are my views

I see everyone as Nigerian and as such the spokesman is not talking for a pan-igbo group but as a governmental spokesman

I think it is better to be talking in terms of "Nigerian" and not igbo

or chyz what do u think ?

Making it tribal will put more pressure on Orji to have a rethink, especially since the SE governors are known to hold meetings regularly with each other. Since the election though, im not sure if they have had another yet.

Btw, SW governors do it(tribal unity addresses) all the time and the most, especially Aregbesola. Fashola not included though. Its no biggy.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by SouthEast1: 3:03am On Oct 04, 2011
It happens everywhere in Nigeria. Akala once sacked all Osun indigenes from Lautech university or university hospital.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 3:06am On Oct 04, 2011
Chyz*:

Making it tribal will put more pressure on Orji to have a rethink, especially since the SE governors are known to hold meetings regularly with each other. Since the election though, im not sure if they have had another yet.

Btw, SW governors do it(tribal unity addresses) all the time and the most, especially Aregbesola. Fashola not included though. Its no biggy.

makes sense, at least it is good to call him to order
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by aljharem3: 3:06am On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

It happens everywhere in Nigeria. Akala once sacked all Osun indigenes from Lautech university or university hospital.

i would like a prove of that pls because we are talking of SG here and not Uni here

also akala just like orji are villains
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by mensdept: 3:20am On Oct 04, 2011
LOL, Theo Orji my foot

Is Theo Orji even a Governor?

Is he not a thief rigged and re-rigged in, and is "governing" the worse state in the East? Yet where are Abia people and the protest?

I'm glad some serious minded people in the region are starting to call a spade a spade.

Enough with the siddon and look attitude.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ChinenyeN(m): 4:26am On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

These things will continue to happen until we abolish indigenship.

That will never happen.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Onlytruth(m): 5:58am On Oct 04, 2011
Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Dr. Obinna Duruji, who made government’s stand known in a telephone chat, also described the new policy of Governor Theodore Orji as anachronistic and obsolete.

He said: “Abia State Government’s policy of sacking non-indigenes on its payroll is anachronistic and patently obsolete in Nigeria’s present day realities. Honestly, the policy is completely reprehensible.”

I sounded the same alarm when Abia state announced this policy.
Well, we shall see where this ends.
Igbo unity is my only concern.
It is well.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by joeyfire(m): 6:14am On Oct 04, 2011
Nice one. I like the move, now its important that other south east govs get up off their butts and lend their voices to this issue.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Pukkah: 7:25am On Oct 04, 2011
South-East:

This does not make it right.

I doubt if Orji can cope with the chain reaction of this from all the states whose indigenes he sacked.  And some of those states might even be anywhere in Nigeria.

Just like the Imo Commissioner said, the move is irrational.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 04, 2011
Tot mr gej told abians to re-elect t.a orji and he will personally ensure that he t.a orji will be more responsible this time but since the okija graduant got re-elected through federal rigging machinaries i.e (chief of army staff Gen ihijirika's brother ballot box stuffing incidence with military aids) he has grown from worse to worst. Orji is a certified retarded slowpoke and this lattest sack moves confirms hw irrational he is. I expect mr gej his friend and party leader to call him to other for this act is an aberation and negation to the tenets of federalism which nigeria practices. Its rly unfortunate dat some1 in such an exulted position can act in such a retrogresive manner.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by joeyfire(m): 8:12am On Oct 04, 2011
Orji is typewriter repairman in the age of the internet
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Obiagu1(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2011
I didn't want to comment before but I have to say that that man that calls himself a governor actually is asking for something.

A Very Big Slap!

Maybe that will bring back his senses if he had one before.  sad
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ReachRich(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2011
T A Orji is unarguably the worst governor in Nigeria.I kno by now GEJ will be ashamed of him.Its bad that Abians have to endure his bad leadership style for d next 3+ yrs.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ifyalways(f): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2011
I'm surprised none of us have asked the most important question(the article never stated that either) why were they sacked

I find it hard to believe they were sacked just 'cos they are non-indigenes.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ReachRich(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2011
^^^the govnor calls it transfer of service.But d problem is if their respective states will be able to absorb them.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by brainpulse: 11:37am On Oct 04, 2011
Can you see yourselves outside.

what is your fate if you leave Nigeria now? when 2 igbo states cannot unite and fond their people inrespective of the states. you will be the most to suffer if you still chasing your dreams of Biafra.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by highland(m): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2011
Another question of Nigeria as a federation.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ojofu(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2011
I was going through the Nigerian constitution and i saw these:
15(3)for the purpose of promoting national integration, it shall be the duty of the state to
(a)provide adequate facilities, for and encourage free mobility of people, goods and services throughout the federation;
(b)secure full residence rights for every citizen in all parts of the federation;
(4)the state shall foster a feeling of belonging and of involvement among the various peoples of the federation, to the end that loyalty to the nation shall override sectional loyalties.

17(3)the shall direct its policy towards ensuring that
(a) ALL CITIZENS, without DISCRIMINATION on any GROUP WHATSOEVER, have the opportunity for securing adequate means of livelihood as well as adequate opportunity to secure suitable EMPLOYMENT;
(b) conditions of work are just and humane,    

Based on what i have written, i think T.A Orji is violating our constitution.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by emmke(m): 11:59am On Oct 04, 2011
brainpulse:

Can you see yourselves outside.

what is your fate if you leave Nigeria now? when 2 igbo states cannot unite and fond their people inrespective of the states. you will be the most to suffer if you still chasing your dreams of Biafra.
i've always known this, unity is not in igbo dictionary. In one thread, someone posted beautiful pix of owerri and to my greatest suprise the people that grew jealous were actually igbos from other states, particularly anambra. This is the edge the hausas always have. United u stand, divided u fall.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2011
Are these the same people we are supposed to live together in a southern Nigeria ? Where is the unity among ibos themselves talkless of unity with other tribes ?
Yorubas,y'all should better ronu before you form any alliance with the real enemy !
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ChinenyeN(m): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
ojofu:

15(3)for the purpose of promoting national integration, it shall be the duty of the state to
(a)provide adequate facilities, for and encourage free mobility of people, goods and services throughout the federation;
(b)secure full residence rights for every citizen in all parts of the federation;
(4)the state shall foster a feeling of belonging and of involvement among the various peoples of the federation, to the end that loyalty to the nation shall override sectional loyalties.

(a) ALL CITIZENS, without DISCRIMINATION on any GROUP WHATSOEVER, have the opportunity for securing adequate means of livelihood as well as adequate opportunity to secure suitable EMPLOYMENT;

Are you serious? You went to look at a constitution that no one pays attention to?
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by kunlekunle: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
anyone can takeup employment in any part of the country.
sue him for 25M naira per employee sacked.
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by solaugo(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2011
I am a resident of Umuahia, but from Ogun State. My wife is an indigene of Umuahia -Ibeku home town of T.A. Orji. She is affected all because she has change her name to my name, I met her during our youth service in the North, Now fellow Nigerians, are we saying inter-tribal marriage should be do away with? The unity of this country is under threat if this policy is not reverse, to the extent that you can send your daughters out of civil service because of marriage, if such daughter now becomes a minister or great personality tomorrow you will lay claim that she is from your land?, stupid people,
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by ak47mann(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Are you serious? You went to look at a constitution that no one pays attention to?
chinenyeN you are funny grin grin
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2011
solaugo:

I am a resident of Umuahia, but from Ogun State. My wife is an indigene of Umuahia -Ibeku home town of T.A. Orji. She is affected all because she has change her name to my name, I met her during our youth service in the North, Now fellow Nigerians, are we saying inter-tribal marriage should be do away with? The unity of this country is under threat if this policy is not reverse, to the extent that you can send your daughters out of civil service because of marriage, if such daughter now becomes a minister or great personality tomorrow you will lay claim that she is from your land?, silly people,
Why can't you just marry from your tribe ?
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by manny4life(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2011
ojofu:

Good for a start, all you need do now is get together your legal team and challenge it in the court of law. Don't worry, I will help you the legal research and writing of your brief. grin grin grin
Re: Imo Govt Blasts Abia Govt For Sacking Non-indigenes by solaugo(m): 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Why can't you just marry from your tribe ?
My brother love knows no tribe as a matter of fact we met during youth service while serving in the camp choir of NCCF,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Dimeji Bankole? / Anambra Builds Roads For Onitsha Industrial Area Anambra Builds Roads For Onit / Man On Bail Dupes Visa Applicant Of N4.9m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.