Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege (39546 Views)

Amnesty International Condemns Edo Govt For Executing 3 Death Row Prisoners / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 40 Years – Sheikh Gumi / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Kyase(m): 11:00am On Dec 27, 2015
Residents of Zaria, Kaduna State, yesterday accused leader of the Shiite Movement in Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky of running a parallel government, through which he brought untold hardship on them for over 20 years.

The residents called on the Federal Government to as a matter of urgency ban the Zakzaky-led Islamic movement from their communities.

Addressing a press conference in Kaduna, the spokesperson of the affected Zaria communities, Idris Mohammed Baba, alleged that members of the Shiite sect had held people in Zaria and Sabon Gari local government areas of the state hostage with impunity while they ran the parallel government in the country.

Baba also alleged that the Shiites had in May 2015, declared 24 youths persona non grata for challenging their activities in Gyellesu community where Zakzaky resides.

Narrating their ordeals in the hands of the Shiite followers for over 20 years in Zaria, Baba said, “my experience with Shiite followers is disastrous and terrible. At a point, Shiite boys threatened to kill me. There is one notorious Shiite boy call Ali, he is the leader of El-Zakzaky’s notorious boys who accompany him anywhere he goes.”

The spokesperson said members of the community were happy with the military action against the Shiite’s movement in Zaria about a fortnight ago because “we have fresh air now blowing in our areas.”

“Before, we couldn’t grant an interview to the world about the Shiite activities but now, we are sleeping with our two eyes closed. As a community, we wrote letters to the governments about the ungodly activities of the Shiites but no single action was taken. We no longer report Shiites to the police because they will never honour police or security invitation.

“These Shiites are authority unto themselves; they don’t respect authority, security and so on. We are Muslims but we discovered that Shiites activities are contrary to Islam. They carry dangerous weapons openly molesting innocent people in our areas. Human rights bodies should also look into our pains by Shiite sect,” he stated.

Alhaji Saidu Garba, one of the Gyallesu elders who also addressed journalists, lamented that the once booming economic activities in the area had been crippled due to the activities of members of the Shiite sect in the area.

According to Garba, “after El-Zakzaky was released from detention in 1999, he came and settled in Gyallesu and since then, there is no peace in our area.

“We thank Allah for touching the heart of government and the military for liberating us from Shiites untold hardship.

“Shiites killed many of our people who challenged their activities, we buried them and we couldn’t talk to the world because of their threat. We were living like slaves in our own land where the Shiite leader, Sheikh El-Zakzaky came and met us. We residents of Gyallesu are calling on the Federal government to ban Shiite movement in our community and Kaduna state as a whole. Government should put a stop to the Shiite’s ungodly activities in our area,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/486687/zakzaky-ran-parallel-govt-20-years-zaria-residents-allege

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by ProdigyLoco(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2015
. undecided. hmmm stew undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by INTROVERT(f): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2015
sauce
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Kyase(m): 11:04am On Dec 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
sauce
updated
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Kyase(m): 11:05am On Dec 27, 2015
ProdigyLoco:
. undecided. hmmm stew undecided
e dey pot
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by babyfaceafrica: 11:11am On Dec 27, 2015
Confirm
Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Kyase(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2015
since the time of abacha but not at this time of chaji

2 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by oduastates: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2015
it does not mean that you should kill 300 people just like that.
I guess that omoluabi values makes for a different way of thinking.

Only one group had big guns and the onus was on them to minimise the use of violence.
From all the videos I 've seen, it was the army shooting at defenseless if petulant people who could have been dislodged with tear gas and rubber bullets. Or simply by the governor asking for audience with their leaders.
That their camp was destroyed a few days after, also means that this was premeditated.
It was murder pure and simple and that event has no place in a decent society.
You can check on YouTube to find more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOWjwqLmRw

Someone was questioning the number of the dead, saying they only saw 3 bodies.
In the video .well even one is one too many for me.
But for those with humanity,this should gives you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEu4YHa7bqs

Report from human right watch
https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/12/22/nigeria-army-attack-shia-unjustified

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by odeh1(m): 11:47am On Dec 27, 2015
Kyase:
Residents of Zaria, Kaduna State, yesterday accused leader of the Shiite Movement in Nigeria, Sheikh Ibraheem El-Zakzaky of running a parallel government, through which he brought untold hardship on them for over 20 years.The residents called on the Federal Government to as a matter of urgency ban the Zakzaky-led Islamic movement from their communities.Addressing a press conference in Kaduna, the spokesperson of the affected Zaria communities, Idris Mohammed Baba, alleged that members of the Shiite sect had held people in Zaria and Sabon Gari local government areas of the state hostage with impunity while they ran the parallel government in the country.Baba also alleged that the Shiites hadin May 2015, declared 24 youths persona non grata for challenging their activities in Gyellesu community where Zakzaky resides.Narrating their ordeals in the hands of the Shiite followers for over 20 years in Zaria, Baba said, “my experience with Shiite followers is disastrous and terrible. At a point, Shiite boys threatened to kill me. There is one notorious Shiite boy call Ali, he is the leader of El-Zakzaky’s notorious boys who accompany him anywhere he goes.”The spokesperson said members of the community were happy with the military action against the Shiite’s movement in Zaria about a fortnight ago because “we have fresh air now blowing in our areas.”“Before, we couldn’t grant an interview to the world about the Shiite activities but now, we are sleeping with our two eyes closed. Asa community, we wrote letters to the governments about the ungodly activities of the Shiites but no single action was taken. We no longer report Shiites to the police because they will never honour police or security invitation.“These Shiites are authority unto themselves; they don’t respect authority, security and so on. We are Muslims but we discovered that Shiites activities are contrary to Islam. They carry dangerous weapons openly molesting innocent people in our areas. Human rights bodies should also look into our pains by Shiite sect,” he stated.Alhaji Saidu Garba, one of the Gyallesu elders who also addressed journalists, lamented that the once booming economic activities in the area had been crippled due to the activities of members of the Shiite sect in the area.According to Garba, “after El-Zakzaky was released from detention in 1999, he came and settledin Gyallesu and since then, there is nopeace in our area.“We thank Allah for touching the heart of government and the military for liberating us from Shiites untold hardship.“Shiites killed many of our people who challenged their activities, we buried them and we couldn’t talk to the world because of their threat. We were living like slaves in our ownland where the Shiite leader, Sheikh El-Zakzaky came and met us. We residents of Gyallesu are calling on the Federal government to ban Shiite movement in our community and Kaduna state as a whole. Government should put a stop to the Shiite’s ungodly activities in our area,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/486687/zakzaky-ran-parallel-govt-20-years-zaria-residents-allege
I want to thank God for delivered us from those people, I leave in zaria, we close shops for whole day BC of those tout, I know last month we all close our shop BC of them, now we are free, $thefallofmightyzakzaky#

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Kyase(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2015
odeh1:
I want to thank God for delivered us from those people, I leave in zaria, we close shops for whole day BC of those tout, I know last month we all close our shop BC of them, now we are free, $thefallofmightyzakzaky#
abi

8 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:
it does not mean that you should kill 300 people just like that

How should the situation have been resolved?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by oduastates: 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
omooba969:

How should the situation have been resolved?

That question automatically means that you do not deserve a reply.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
oduastates:

That question automatically means that you do not deserve a reply.

Automatically? What does that mean? undecided

It would rather be honourable for you to simply admit that you lack the ability to task your brain & proffer a credible solution to the crisis.

Speaks volume of the ingenuity of your thought process.

Have a good day sir. smiley

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by ishiamu(m): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
Cooked up stories by el rufai and his goons

9 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Mustay(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kyase:
Human rights bodies should also look into our pains by Shiite sect,” he stated. . . Shiites killed many of our people who challenged their activities, we buried them and we couldn’t talk to the world because of their threat.
Human Rights Watch!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by NwaNimo1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
A nother P iece-off C rap

13 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Acjohn(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
I hope FG never kill their leader?
This people plenty pass BH membersoooo and Iran is ready to give them weapons if they ask.
so FG be careful on how you handle this guys.
That does not give them right to block Road na talk more been pain in the ass to fellow Muslims, I wonder what they would be to Christians.

14 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by philGeo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
ishiamu:
Cooked up stories by el rufai and his goons
my brother, it is not war on muslim but some people who want to destroy your religion image, abi you are one of shiits guys?

12 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by adioolayi(m): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
"We no longer report Shiites to the police
because they will never honour police or security invitation.“These
Shiites are authority unto themselves; they don’t respect authority,
security and so on. We are Muslims but we discovered that Shiites
activities are contrary to Islam. They carry dangerous weapons
openly molesting innocent people in our areas. "

I've been thinking seriously on this issue...truth be told, if the Shiites are actually law abiding citizens as people claimed, the normalcy at the Northern part of the country would have been seriously jeopardized....series of violent protests would have been going on till now. But, the case is different as the immediate community hosting the Shiites is claiming peaceful atmosphere since the Army intervention..In all, peace of Nigeria is all we want

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by vanunu: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
omooba969:

Automatically? What does that mean? undecided

It would rather be honourable for you to simply admit that you lack the ability to task your brain & proffer a credible solution to the crisis.

Speaks volume of the ingenuity of your thought process.

Have a good day sir. smiley

If the shiites are bad as u people claim, how many people have they killed in their over 30yrs of existence. Do u know that in nonprimitive societies , if you kill over 300 animals, animal right groups must make sure that u end up in jail.

My observation during my short stay in nigeria is that nigerians especially those from the north, don't value human live at all , the believe in brutalizing the weak in their community.

6 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by andyanders: 2:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
They should tell Falana who is defending them and calling on The Federal government to bring the officer to book for his action.

People should realize that there is a government and no single individual or group should hold the country to ransom.

Shitti or whatever they call them should not confront any security agents on official duty.

Falana should listen to people who live in Kaduna what they are passing through on the activities of this man, while he is in the comfort of his office in GRA asking the Federal government to bring the officers to book, thereby inciting the group to stand for their right.

12 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by MyMouth(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
adioolayi:

I've been thinking seriously on this issue...truth be told, if the Shiites are actually law abiding citizens as people claimed, the normalcy at the Northern part of the country would have been seriously jeopardized....series of violent protests would have been going on till now. But, the case is different as the immediate community hosting the Shiites is claiming peaceful atmosphere since the Army intervention..In all, peace of Nigeria is all we want
I work in Zaria and am a Muslim. I passed where the violence took place about 2 hours before the action. Since that day, I have spoken with alot of people and I mean a lot of Zaria people basically Muslims, and no one spoke good about the shites, they were all happy with the actions of the army. The shites are really hated here!

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Descartes: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
No amount of concorted propaganda will exonerate Burutai and his terrorist team call Zoogerian Army from alleged premeditated genocide in Zaria.

The perpetrators must be brought to book and finally jailed for life cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Kyase(m): 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
adioolayi:

gbam

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by hungryboy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
MyMouth:

I work in Zaria and am a Muslim. I passed where the violence took place about 2 hours before the action. Since that day, I have spoken with alot of people and I mean a lot of Zaria people basically Muslims, and no one spoke good about the shites, they were all happy with the actions of the army. The shites are really hated here!
when it comes to the North,
Be careful of rushing into conclusions,
There is rivalry and deep seated hatred between Sunnis and Shittes,
Even if the Shittes did nothing wrong,
I don't see many Sunnis speaking good about them.

14 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
vanunu:

If the shiites are bad as u people claim, how many people have they killed in their over 30yrs of existence. Do u know that in nonprimitive societies , if you kill over 300 animals, animal right groups must make sure that u end up in jail.

My observation during my short stay in nigeria is that nigerians especially those from the north, don't value human live at all , the believe in brutalizing the weak in their community.

I understand your point sir but the question remains 'how should the Shiites crisis have been resolved', knowing that this is a dangerous organization known for their notoriety.

With regards to respecting the sanctity of human life, the northern leaders(both political & religious) have indeed failed the northerners by not formulating policies/schemes aimed at enlightening their people to embrace education. You & I know that education does alot in developing our brains in relation to our neighbours & immediate environment.

Majority of northerners are still way behind in all ramifications compared to other regions of the country being set back by religion, tradition & culture(I do not mean the entirety of these three are inconsequential).

To cut the long story, education coupled with enlightenment would still play a big part in rectifying this problem.

Have a good day sir. cool

11 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
hungryboy:
when it comes to the North,
Be careful of rushing into conclusions,
There is rivalry and deep seated hatred between Sunnis and Shittes,
Even if the Shittes did nothing wrong,
I don't see many Sunnis speaking good about them.

I thought Muslims are one! undecided

How did you all arrive here... Sunni, Shiites, daesh et al.

Divisions everywhere both in xtian fold & Islamic fold...very sad. cry

7 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 3:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
Descartes:
No amount of concorted propaganda will exonerate Burutai and his terrorist team call Zoogerian Army from alleged premeditated genocide in Zaria.

The perpetrators must be brought to book and finally jailed for life cheesy

What's the proof that the actions of the NA was premeditated? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by Descartes: 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
omooba969:

What's the proof that the actions of the NA was premeditated? undecided

Do you know that the Shia protesters got Intel that Burutai and Elrufai were about to declare war on their supreme leader?

When the time comes, the terrorists in kaki uniform called zoogerian Army and press-up/Instagram general Burutai must answer for the genocide they have perpetrated.

ICC awaits them and their accomplice in the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by demitola(m): 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
If u see dat video, u must jst ask where in d world dey gat such audacity to confront armed military personnels on oficial duty.
Infkt, listenin to dia deputy spokesperson reacting on Channels tv, i kld jst wonder more. he sed even at a time "dey obstructed a sitting governor frm passing & he adhered" .... i ws like 'woow"

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by omooba969(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
Descartes:

Do you know that the Shia protesters got Intel that Burutai and Elrufai were about to declare war on their supreme leader?

When the time comes, the terrorists in kaki uniform called zoogerian Army and press-up/Instagram general Burutai must answer for the genocide they have perpetrated.

ICC awaits them and their accomplice in the presidency.

If that's the case, I think we need to start with former army chief Azubuike Ihejirika & this link might help

http://newsrescue.com/ex-general-ihejirika-was-not-worthy-of-being-a-chief-of-army-coas-minimah-says/

2 Likes

Re: Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege by ishiamu(m): 5:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
philGeo:
my brother, it is not war on muslim but some people who want to destroy your religion image, abi you are one of shiits guys?

You want to tell me that since they have been dumb? Abegy!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Finds Rolls Royce In Judge’s 15 Cars Fleet-the Nation / Soludo To Andy Ubah: You Were Cleaning Obasanjo’s Shoes In Aso Villa / Buhari's Deputies In 1985 Vs In 2017 - By Stanley Nwabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.