Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) (61452 Views)

U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 5 Soldiers Near San Diego (Photos) / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / OceanGate Announces ₦103Million Trip To Titanic 12,500ft Below Atlantic Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by advanceDNA: 8:21am On Jun 27, 2023
I dont know why i have a weird feeling someone faked their death with this mini submarine story
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by MikeBetty(m): 10:25am On Jun 27, 2023
Righteousness2:
No matter How perfect or sophiscated a thing, place or whatever is on this earth, do not put your trust in it.

It may be a House, an automobile, a fat bank account, an Expert in a field, a jet, an equipment or whatever.
Never put your trust in it.
As long as it is from Human , it can fail. It can crash.
Depend on GOD to make it work.
Only JESUS CHRIST never fails.
that is the exact truth. The curse following that ill-fated titanic is still following anything or exploration connecting it. I learnt that the owner of titanic boasted that even God can not sink TITANIC.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Sablexxxtoons: 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Very crappy design
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by ManWater: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
Of all the 1001 ways to enjoy your money & your life, these crazy dudes chose to spend N180m on a dangerous 4km trip to the dark bottom of the ocean just to see a shipwreck.
Something an unmanned Sub would have easily achieved.

1 Like

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:
Implosion is not an excuse, something big must have caused it, they should tell us what really happened cos science doesn’t fail so easily, even with lots of backups and it’s coming from experts

Something big must have been under there, they’re not explaining to us, they’re hiding lots of things, pressure is not an explanation here
Show us the wreckage, doesn’t have a tracker is not a reason

If that submarine wasn't built to withstand water pressure beyond 5000ft, any deviation from that specification is enough to tear it apart. At the end of the day, you can never remove the attendant errors from poor human judgement in cases like this.

And you're wrong; Science actually fails easily. It takes just one minute variable for an entire scientific formular to come crashing. Same way a single variable can be the bonding factor for all other elements that translates to success. It's one of the major reasons you can buy a vehicle directly from the manufacturing plant, only to get home and find a fault in it. I won't be surprised if after all of the investigations, the rest of this particular Submarine in the market will be recalled.

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by PotatoSalad(m): 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
siofragspot:
undecided

25,000 feet is no joke. To be nervous is an understatement
12,000 sha
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by ipobarecriminals: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
undecided, grin angry sad Bia! Mazi Righteousness2 ,if u wan travel from Aba to Lagos,for fear of unknown ,nor enter Peace/GIGM oo,kindly TREK.angry sad sad
Righteousness2:
No matter How perfect or sophiscated a thing, place or whatever is on this earth, do not put your trust in it.

It may be a House, an automobile, a fat bank account, an Expert in a field, a jet, an equipment or whatever.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by phorget(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
Righteousness2:

Genesis 6vs6... undecided
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Iko5000: 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Go and read the design of the craft and you will see why they were on borrowed time .There is no conspiracy theory here . This is someone that decided to do things his own way and not look at the science.

There is a reason for everything , go and check why we have round windows in commercial aircraft and not sqaure windows .

obinna58:
Implosion is not an excuse, something big must have caused it, they should tell us what really happened cos science doesn’t fail so easily, even with lots of backups and it’s coming from experts

Something big must have been under there, they’re not explaining to us, they’re hiding lots of things, pressure is not an explanation here
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Beface(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Everything about the Titanic is a curse. Imagine after so many years it still dey collect my souls
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Segzy19: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
Abeg make we rest for this stupid people jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Tonytonex(m): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
NastiLord:
Hmm. Another way of killing yourself but its not suicide
Thought it was an accident.
Don't think it's the first time
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Rajiolaade: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:

you are equally human with brain, for God sake develope gadgets that can unravel those unexplained things ,top expert warned that the carbon hull could not withstand pressures above 5000ft and was proved right, what else are you insinuating?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Rajiolaade: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:

you are equally human with brain, for God sake develope gadgets that can unravel those unexplained things ,top expert warned that the carbon hull could not withstand pressures above 5000ft and proved right, what else are you insinuating?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by SSpeter(m): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
I learnt that the OceanGate CEO is a very stubborn man that doesn’t heed to his worker’s advice. He’s so hardened that he don’t even employ workers above the age of 48 years just because he don’t want to heed to elderly advice.

Before they went on that journey of no return, one of this workers advised him that the submarine isn’t standard enough to go beyond 5,000 feet not to talk of 12,500 feet, but he didn’t listen, he even sacked the said worker. Now he’s gone despite all the sophisticated hypes and brags.

Well, I really felt for them because they are billionaires. Assuming they were broke men I don’t think I’ll be so concerned about the catastrophic implosion
The type of poor home you might have emerged from seems to me it might be the hereditary and chain type. Hang! On you might break the chain and upset the gene

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by grandlexuz(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
I learnt that the OceanGate CEO is a very stubborn man that doesn’t heed to his worker’s advice. He’s so hardened that he don’t even employ workers above the age of 48 years just because he don’t want to heed to elderly advice.

Before they went on that journey of no return, one of this workers advised him that the submarine isn’t standard enough to go beyond 5,000 feet not to talk of 12,500 feet, but he didn’t listen, he even sacked the said worker. Now he’s gone despite all the sophisticated hypes and brags.

Well, I really felt for them because they are billionaires. Assuming they were broke men I don’t think I’ll be so concerned about the catastrophic implosion

Not entirely true
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by wink2015(m): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maybe they were looking for MAMMY WATER !

SEA MERMAID !

But things got on the ODD !

The Hunter sadly became the HUNTED !
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by ceejayluv(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:

The pressure under there at that depth is over 300 times the atmospheric pressure. In comparison, a truck tire is about 5 atm fully pumped And still kills or severely injures vulcanizers when it explodes.
The slightest crack or structural defect at a molecular level of that submersible Can lead to such catastrophic crushing.
That vessel had Gone to the titanic wreckage And back a couple dozen times before that implosion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by phorget(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
advanceDNA:
I dont know why i have a weird feeling someone faked their death with this mini submarine story

May be they borrowed money from LAPO and they couldn't pay back so they just have to disappear while claiming dead abi?...🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by grandlexuz(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:

The 61years old CEO of OceanGate who perished along side four passengers in his Titan Sub was a seasoned entrepreneur with a First class honours in Aeronautical Engineering. At 19 years he obtained a Jet Pilot licence with a record. His employees all remember him as a charismatic figure who had his way of persuading skeptics to source funding for his company. He led from the front like a true entrepreneur with a vision that once included the first man to land in Mars. The sub that crashed wasn't on its maiden voyage. It had successfully made tourist voyages to the Titanic accident site of a little over 4000m depth.

The problem is his sub was unlike others made of steel, his was made of Titanium and Carbon fibre with a more cozy design. That's science for you, at some point someone has got to stretch the limits to make it the norm. Afterall Galileo was once ostracised for saying the Sun and not the earth is the Center of the Universe. Without mandatory certifications for subs in international waters he trusted his scientific instinct and made a vessel that made it a bunch of times to the Titanic before finally imploding. At this point we can only surmise what went wrong. Only at the end of proper investigation can we say for certain what fell short.

Mind you even the Certified Boeing Max had one of its branded Max plane just fall off the skies. It took several accidents to figure out something was actually wrong with the software despite certifications by the regulatory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by ComeToJesus: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
A sad end.

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by CHIGIM: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
Even jesus have failed countless times and if u doubt me go ask the Dapchi school girl still in the hands of bokoharam or the ozubulu church killings or the salvation and Tb Joshua church building killings.
So u see this una jesus is never to be trusted
Righteousness2:

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by JoshTim: 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
OKOATA:
Very tiny thing and they expect to survive in this. You went deep into the waters almost 12kk feet with this tiny thing. Reason why main submarines takes years to build. Ordinary deep water waves will sweep this away, but on a serious note even Blue Wales with It's hugeness and all that don't go more than 4k feet. Submarines are built with formidable steel that's why they go deep into the sea. This white submersible wasnt even made of steel but carbon polymer which was a huge mistake according to James Cameron.

Submersible isn't a submarine....

A submersible have to be launched from a ship.

And a very big submarine cannot go as deep as the ocean floor where the wreckage of titanic is, only the submersibles can go that deep. Even this submersible is bigger, can take 5 persons compared to traditional ones that have only 2-3 spaces.

This submersible is made of carbon fibre and titanium...but i guess carbon fibre isn't perfect for process of compression while going in and de--compression while coming out hence leaving cracks not visible to the eyes. The collapse was just a matter of time.....

Again, whales cannot be found that deep at the ocean floor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Tonytonex(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:

why did the other billionaires joined him?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by phorget(m): 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
grandlexuz:

Maybe that sacked worker should build the one that can withstand pressure...🤷‍♂️
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
Beface:
Everything about the Titanic is a curse. Imagine after so many years it still dey collect my souls
No it is not curse

Someone has successfully gone down there 33 times and came back Hale and hearty

1 Like

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by chidiwar(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7UwTGB6rzM

EXCLUSIVE: Video of a previous Titanic expedition offers a rare look into the inside of the ill-fated OceanGate Titan submarine that imploded killing 5 people on board last week.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

This wasnt sub titan..
This is just a guy thay makes skits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion / 80 Nigerians Deported From Indonesia For Spraying Money On Pastor Odumeje / Lorry Kills 8 Hawkers In Awka Anambra, Youths Burn Lorry-Load Of Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.