Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) (61439 Views)

U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 5 Soldiers Near San Diego (Photos) / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / OceanGate Announces ₦103Million Trip To Titanic 12,500ft Below Atlantic Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Trustmea: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
talented321:
A man wanted to admit his daughter into primary school, but got angry when the board told him the fee per term is 100k.
He said how can i pay 100k for a girl who might turn hookup queen or feminist.

Lol 😂
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by 9jaRealist: 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
FxMasterz:
You're right. You'll see that they didn't even tell us where the said pressure came from. Which pressure?

The pressure of the ocean at that depth would likely be like a skyscraper filled with lead…
>
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by EgunMogaji2: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
siofragspot:
undecided

25,000 feet is no joke. To be nervous is an understatement

I thought it was 12,500 feet?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by FxMasterz: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
9jaRealist:

The pressure of the ocean at that depth would likely be like a skyscraper filled with lead…
>

Oh, that's logical. Thank you.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by obinna58(m): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
complexstuffs:

Abeg goan siddon with your conspiracy theories. There was nothing under.

What happened was that the lookout windows were not designed for that level of depth and the owners knew but hid the information from the public.

The employee that tried to raise the issue was sacked from the company.
What they told you, you think someone will just want to die
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Chi133(f): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
I learnt that the OceanGate CEO is a very stubborn man that doesn’t heed to his worker’s advice. He’s so hardened that he don’t even employ workers above the age of 48 years just because he don’t want to heed to elderly advice.

Before they went on that journey of no return, one of this workers advised him that the submarine isn’t standard enough to go beyond 5,000 feet not to talk of 12,500 feet, but he didn’t listen, he even sacked the said worker. Now he’s gone despite all the sophisticated hypes and brags.

Well, I really felt for them because they are billionaires. Assuming they were broke men I don’t think I’ll be so concerned about the catastrophic implosion

Submersibles can go as below as 12,500 which is the depth of the abyssal plain in the ocean floor, the submersibles was constructed very well for this,my thoughts are may be there was an unidentified fault with the vessel, either a crack or a fissure,and any tiny weakness with a vessel that is going down below the sea level will cause and explosion,or they encountered a debris brought by a melting glaciers. A well pressured vessel can go down deep below the sea level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by adabaraabdul: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
id4sho:

That submarine did about five trips. Not first time

Not to this depth. This new depth is way deeper and never previously attempted.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by adabaraabdul: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
maticar:

This wasn't their first trip to the bottom

I think the integrity of the vessel kept degrading after previous dives, without quality maintenance on it
its a new depth they trying to attain not compared to any of the previous trips.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by kushe: 2:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
valiju:
This I not the first time they will going their the titan that imploded have been their twice and the French diver have been to the site of the titanic 35 times

More than twice actually.
The Titan had made the same journey several times.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Originalsly: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:

Implosion is not an excuse, something big must have caused it, they should tell us what really happened cos science doesn’t fail so easily, even with lots of backups and it’s coming from experts

Something big must have been under there, they’re not explaining to us, they’re hiding lots of things, pressure is not an explanation here
Show us the wreckage, doesn’t have a tracker is not a reason

I hear you. The sub was descending for an hour and a half when all contact was lost. It still had more than 30 minutes to go... 30 minutes of increasing pressure until it got to the bottom. In the search and rescue they found fibre glass ... which was part of the vessel... the port holes/windows as seen in the photos/video. This find tells me one thing ... the vessel was damaged .... it does not tell how and this is your point that I agree with 100%. Why would they conclude it was an Implosion? If it were... wouldn't there be a "debris field"? ... clothing... seats ... fragments and sections of the craft be strewn all over and floating around? Of all that can be found only the tiny fibre glass fragments?... and they have declared the bodies are not likely to be recovered? I'm wondering if there was some kind of live streaming and they saw exactly what happened? After all ... we know much about space and little about what goes on or exist at those depths. Can it be some snake like predator/giant,giant squid bust through the glass and suck them out?... then double back and swallowed the entire craft?... the reason for only busted glass be found?
They're not telling us what they know. I'm almost sure this will be the last for such deep water adventures.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Voiceofthestree: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
I learnt that the OceanGate CEO is a very stubborn man that doesn’t heed to his worker’s advice. He’s so hardened that he don’t even employ workers above the age of 48 years just because he don’t want to heed to elderly advice.

Before they went on that journey of no return, one of this workers advised him that the submarine isn’t standard enough to go beyond 5,000 feet not to talk of 12,500 feet, but he didn’t listen, he even sacked the said worker. Now he’s gone despite all the sophisticated hypes and brags.

Well, I really felt for them because they are billionaires. Assuming they were broke men I don’t think I’ll be so concerned about the catastrophic implosion

Broke men won’t have that opportunity to die same way what a pity

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by naturefellow(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
talented321:
A man wanted to admit his daughter into primary school, but got angry when the board told him the fee per term is 100k.
He said how can i pay 100k for a girl who might turn hookup queen or feminist.
is this a joke or what?

Father should perform his responsibility to his child by providing basic education. The outcome shouldn't bother him as long as he's confident he's done his part.

Would you say this about your own daughter in future?

Beat it the sick joke, my friend?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by lexy2014: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:

What they said is always different from reality

What is the reAlity?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Aurelius1(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:
Implosion is not an excuse, something big must have caused it, they should tell us what really happened cos science doesn’t fail so easily, even with lots of backups and it’s coming from experts

Something big must have been under there, they’re not explaining to us, they’re hiding lots of things, pressure is not an explanation here
Do you know what an implosion is? Do know what pressure at a depth of 12000m can do to a vessel that isn't built to withstand such pressure? The only material that can withstand such pressure is Titanium laced steel. Meanwhile, the Titan was made of Titanium laced with carbon fiber. Read more about ocean pressure then you can come back and edit your post.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Nigeriagood(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Candidlady:
Five men gone at once

What a wonderful god we serve
all the females that you love will be gone and I not joking, it's going to happen
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by naturefellow(m): 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Omihanifa:
What's even special about the wreckage of Titanic that people will be endangering their lives to go and view it?

If you want to see the wreckage of the Titanic, just go on YouTube and watch the video.
same way you'd like to see a safari in Kenya? cheesy
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by DeLaRue: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Righteousness2:
No matter How perfect or sophiscated a thing, place or whatever is on this earth, do not put your trust in it.
As long as it is from Human , it can fail. It can crash.
Depend on GOD to make it work.
Only JESUS CHRIST never fails.

smiley
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Otus5566: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2023

Well, I really felt for them because they are billionaires. Assuming they were broke men I don’t think I’ll be so concerned about the catastrophic implosions.

So deaths is basically made for broke people right?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by PrincewithGod(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
Righteousness2:
No matter How perfect or sophiscated a thing, place or whatever is on this earth, do not put your trust in it.

It may be a House, an automobile, a fat bank account, an Expert in a field, a jet, an equipment or whatever.
Never put your trust in it.

1 Like

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by AfDapone: 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
OKOATA:
Very tiny thing and they expect to survive in this. You went deep into the waters almost 12kk feet with this tiny thing. Reason why main submarines takes years to build. Ordinary deep water waves will sweep this away, but on a serious note even Blue Wales with It's hugeness and all that don't go more than 4k feet. Submarines are built with formidable steel that's why they go deep into the sea. This white submersible wasnt even made of steel but carbon polymer which was a huge mistake according to James Cameron.

I agree with you and James Cameron about the use of carbon polymer. The problems was not actually using carbon polymer, the problem was lack of rigorous third party testing and safety certifications, as well as unwarranted ego. During rigorous testing it will be revealed whether Carbon polymer will work in the long run and the useful life will be determined just like medicine. Will it work, if yes, for how long?. The Co. ought to probably be the first firm that solves the depth pressure resistance but unfortunately, ego got in the way of better sense, numerous advices and warnings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by profmallor: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
such a pity. But why do all these wealth men look for trouble up and down.

obinna58:

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by xavuv: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Candidlady:
Five men gone at once

What a wonderful god we serve

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by alizma: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:

There is no nothing like back up in the first place, for example, there was never any alternative way of escape should anything go wrong with the submarine, not even at 100ft, yet they were going for 12kft or so. There was nothing to balloon their body out of the deep ocean to the surface should anything like implosion happens. Above all, there had been issue on the safety of the submarine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by NuCypher: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
advanceDNA:
I dont know why i have a weird feeling someone faked their death with this mini submarine story
Years of Lai Muhammed has done this to you
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by NuCypher: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
alizma:

There is no nothing like back up in the first place, for example, there was never any alternative way of escape should anything go wrong with the submarine, not even at 100ft, yet they were going for 12kft or so. There was nothing to balloon their body out of the deep ocean to the surface should anything like implosion happens. Above all, there had been issue on the safety of the submarine
There was never going to be a ballooning of their body or the submersible, if an implosion occured. A catastrophic implosion describes exactly that: it's catastrophic. Nothing survives. The sub was however equipped with balasts that could bring it up and could be manually or automatically deployed. It was in fact once deployed in some of their earlier trips in the sub.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by treatise: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dyfynezz12:

Yea am sure something big hit that ship 4 it to explode
IMPLODED
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Nakuza(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
Can they pull out the wreckage of the Titanic to the dry land to serve as a tourist site than risky people lives going under the ocean?
Just thinking out loud...
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by TheAlchemist: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:

Ok Moby Dick swallowed the Tian. Mystery solved.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by advanceDNA: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
NuCypher:

Years of Lai Muhammed has done this to you

Lol..... oyinbo lie pass lai .Mohammed ooo

The vessel is not even mini submarine cos its not built with materials... its carbon polymer....why would anyone enter a journey with a 100% fail outcome
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by coputa(m): 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2023
Righteousness2:

It may be a House, an automobile, a fat bank account, an Expert in a field, a jet, an equipment or whatever.
Never put your trust in it.
Was it not trough the knowledge given by God that enable science and technology to excel and thrived,which has greatly improved the life of man on earth.

We know nothing is perfect or last forever,but humans must live comfortably through technological advancement gotten through God's knowledge.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Astra101: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
JOemmy:

So people have already gone there before with a submarine I thought this oceangate was the very first one?
Yes of course, in fact it was ocean gate third trip to that titanic sight. They went there first in 2021,2022 and now 2023 but never returned lipsrsealed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12218495/How-James-Cameron-explored-Titanic-Russian-built-Mir-sub.html
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by advanceDNA: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
coputa:
Was it not trough the knowledge given by God that enable science and technology to excel and thrived,which has greatly improved the life of man on earth.

We know nothing is perfect or last forever,but humans must live comfortably through technological advancement gotten through God's knowledge.

We have all we need....desire for more wants only created more risks and a thousand and one ways to perish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

80 Nigerians Deported From Indonesia For Spraying Money On Pastor Odumeje / See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion / Lorry Kills 8 Hawkers In Awka Anambra, Youths Burn Lorry-Load Of Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.