Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) (61440 Views)

U.S Army Helicopter Crashes Killing 5 Soldiers Near San Diego (Photos) / Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / OceanGate Announces ₦103Million Trip To Titanic 12,500ft Below Atlantic Ocean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by coputa(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
advanceDNA:

We have all we need....desire for more wants only created more risks and a thousand and one ways to perish
Human taste for more lead to advancement in science and technology and these carry it's own risk and sacrifices.

The first man that went to the moon died,but doesn't deter others from going.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by pquaver(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
FxMasterz:

You're right. You'll see that they didn't even tell us where the said pressure came from. Which pressure?

?sorry ooojust have to ask Did u attend secondary school? .. Atleast everyone even a primary school kid knows matter is any thing that has weight and occupies space... So that body of water has all that wight and Force not to talk at that depth and you are asking where the pressure came from... Bro really if u really meant the question abeg try to read up on the topic and try upgrade small basic knowledge.. Ok all the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by advanceDNA: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
coputa:
Human taste for more lead to advancement in science and technology and these carry it's own risk and sacrifices.

The first man that went to the moon died,but doesn't deter others from going.

I never said it doesnt lead to advancement ...many of these advancements are wants...can we live without all these advancement?? Flying to the moon, nuclear weapons, planes, etc...
Answer sincerely
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by pquaver(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
jeff1993:

Kaiii how do u manage to survive with this thinking of yours

See the name na.. I am 100% he is obidient.. Why do u think, u see similar mentality and thinking from them in politics etc he can't give what he doesn't have

1 Like

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by pquaver(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
Originalsly:

I hear you. The sub was descending for an hour and a half when all contact was lost. It still had more than 30 minutes to go... 30 minutes of increasing pressure until it got to the bottom. In the search and rescue they found fibre glass ... which was part of the vessel... the port holes/windows as seen in the photos/video. This find tells me one thing ... the vessel was damaged .... it does not tell how and this is your point that I agree with 100%. Why would they conclude it was an Implosion? If it were... wouldn't there be a "debris field"? ... clothing... seats ... fragments and sections of the craft be strewn all over and floating around? Of all that can be found only the tiny fibre glass fragments?... and they have declared the bodies are not likely to be recovered? I'm wondering if there was some kind of live streaming and they saw exactly what happened? After all ... we know much about space and little about what goes on or exist at those depths. Can it be some snake like predator/giant,giant squid bust through the glass and suck them out?... then double back and swallowed the entire craft?... the reason for only busted glass be found?
They're not telling us what they know. I'm almost sure this will be the last for such deep water adventures.

Read more about submersible implosion and how hydrocarbon vapour in the implosion will cause humans and other objects to incinerate to ashes and dust at a speed faster than you blink your eyes.. The occupants didn't feel a thing and the dont know it even happened.. It was instanteneous..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Decentlyproud(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Assuming the CEO was not part of them by now he would have been arrested,prosecuted and jailed.

Jennyclay:
I learnt that the OceanGate CEO is a very stubborn man that doesn’t heed to his worker’s advice. He’s so hardened that he don’t even employ workers above the age of 48 years just because he don’t want to heed to elderly advice.

Before they went on that journey of no return, one of this workers advised him that the submarine isn’t standard enough to go beyond 5,000 feet not to talk of 12,500 feet, but he didn’t listen, he even sacked the said worker. Now he’s gone despite all the sophisticated hypes and brags.

Well, I really felt for them because they are billionaires. Assuming they were broke men I don’t think I’ll be so concerned about the catastrophic implosion

1 Like

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by chiboycue: 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7UwTGB6rzM

EXCLUSIVE: Video of a previous Titanic expedition offers a rare look into the inside of the ill-fated OceanGate Titan submarine that imploded killing 5 people on board last week.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

It's so unfortunate that some persons paid $250,000 per head inorder to embark on a deadly mission that claimed their lives.. May their souls find eternal rest
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by FxMasterz: 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
pquaver:

?sorry ooojust have to ask Did u attend secondary school? .. Atleast everyone even a primary school kid knows matter is any thing that has weight and occupies space... So that body of water has all that wight and Force not to talk at that depth and you are asking where the pressure came from... Bro really if u really meant the question abeg try to read up on the topic and try upgrade small basic knowledge.. Ok all the best
Water pressure is that of upthrust and not downward pressure.

The worst that can happen is for the object to float because of the upthrust.

For pressure to implode an object, that means there's both upward and downward pressure on that object, which is not possible.

When next you want to open your mouth in the name of correction, always use your sense okay. Don't talk anyhow thinking everyone is as dull as yourself.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Karlosorji(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
Righteousness2:
No matter How perfect or sophiscated a thing, place or whatever is on this earth, do not put your trust in it.

It may be a House, an automobile, a fat bank account, an Expert in a field, a jet, an equipment or whatever.
Never put your trust in it.
As long as it is from Human , it can fail. It can crash.
Depend on GOD to make it work.
Only JESUS CHRIST never fails.
Are you saying none of them prayed or depended on Jesus before embarking on that adventure?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Ijaya123: 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dyfynezz12:

Yea am sure something big hit that ship 4 it to explode

The ship did not explode, it imploded due to underwater pressure.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Bowwow11(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
obinna58:
Implosion is not an excuse, something big must have caused it, they should tell us what really happened cos science doesn’t fail so easily, even with lots of backups and it’s coming from experts

Something big must have been under there, they’re not explaining to us, they’re hiding lots of things, pressure is not an explanation here
Show us the wreckage, doesn’t have a tracker is not a reason
the submersible marine was never regulated the CEO of ocean gate defer all marine safety rules. he has been cushion about this disaster by the American marine safety organisation for the past twenty years ago.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Astra101:
I will rather go with the vessel that James Cameron used that was built by the Russians. That vessel has several safety and backup upon backup unlike this shiny death trap cry

Stop spreading false information my friend! where in Australia was the vessel built? If you don't know something please ASK.

Unfortunately the west wouldn't let you know about how good the Russians are about Space and deep sea exploration.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12218495/How-James-Cameron-explored-Titanic-Russian-built-Mir-sub.html

Oh....

If it's the sub that Cameron used to explore the Titanic, no problem.

I'm talking about the DEEP SEA CHALLENGER which he used to explore the MARIANA TRENCH, which is almost FOUR TIMES DEEPER than the Titanic Wreck.

BTW, that is the world record for deep sea exploration, and it was built in Sidney, Australia.

You're not the only one with some knowledge, pal. It's just a case of misunderstanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by highness25(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
I learnt that the OceanGate CEO is a very stubborn man that doesn’t heed to his worker’s advice. He’s so hardened that he don’t even employ workers above the age of 48 years just because he don’t want to heed to elderly advice.

Before they went on that journey of no return, one of this workers advised him that the submarine isn’t standard enough to go beyond 5,000 feet not to talk of 12,500 feet, but he didn’t listen, he even sacked the said worker. Now he’s gone despite all the sophisticated hypes and brags.

Well, I really felt for them because they are billionaires. Assuming they were broke men I don’t think I’ll be so concerned about the catastrophic implosion
We are all humans before God, whether broke or rich.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Henrydata(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
haybhi1:
This content creator is best. I like the fact that you don't talk before disseminating your content. It's great that way. Keep it up.

Yea,very true.

Some content creator doesn't know how irritating that is.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by AngelicBeing: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
grandlexuz:

The 61years old CEO of OceanGate who perished along side four passengers in his Titan Sub was a seasoned entrepreneur with a First class honours in Aeronautical Engineering. At 19 years he obtained a Jet Pilot licence with a record. His employees all remember him as a charismatic figure who had his way of persuading skeptics to source funding for his company. He led from the front like a true entrepreneur with a vision that once included the first man to land in Mars. The sub that crashed wasn't on its maiden voyage. It had successfully made tourist voyages to the Titanic accident site of a little over 4000m depth.

The problem is his sub was unlike others made of steel, his was made of Titanium and Carbon fibre with a more cozy design. That's science for you, at some point someone has got to stretch the limits to make it the norm. Afterall Galileo was once ostracised for saying the Sun and not the earth is the Center of the Universe. Without mandatory certifications for subs in international waters he trusted his scientific instinct and made a vessel that made it a bunch of times to the Titanic before finally imploding. At this point we can only surmise what went wrong. Only at the end of proper investigation can we say for certain what fell short.

Mind you even the Certified Boeing Max had one of its branded Max plane just fall off the skies. It took several accidents to figure out something was actually wrong with the software despite certifications by the regulatory
Gbamsulotely, end of thread shocked
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by AngelicBeing: 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

What is the reAlity?
The reality is that what the scientist are saying including all the comments been made globally by different Marine experts including that of Lexy2014 the Cnn questionnaire on nairaland.com might likely not be the reality because none of us witnessed the implosion or explosion, we are all hazarding a guess, hope you get it now and the reality is, NOBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED to the submersible vessel shocked
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by kulex2k1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Oh boy you daft sha o.
quote author=FxMasterz post=124066110]

You're right. You'll see that they didn't even tell us where the said pressure came from. Which pressure?[/quote]
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by lexy2014: 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
AngelicBeing:
The reality is that what the scientist are saying including all the comments been made globally by different Marine experts including that of Lexy2014 the Cnn questionnaire on nairaland.com might likely not be the reality because none of us witnessed the implosion or explosion, we are all hazarding a guess, hope you get it now and is reality is, NOBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED to the submersible vessel shocked

How is this related to the question I asked?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by AngelicBeing: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

Put on your reading glasses, take a breath and read my response again, if you dare ask me more questions again, l will ban your account for 20 years shocked
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Astra101: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Oh....

If it's the sub that Cameron used to explore the Titanic, no problem.

I'm talking about the DEEP SEA CHALLENGER which he used to explore the MARIANA TRENCH, which is almost FOUR TIMES DEEPER than the Titanic Wreck.

BTW, that is the world record for deep sea exploration, and it was built in Sidney, Australia.

You're not the only one with some knowledge, pal. It's just a case of misunderstanding.
Apologies!
Yea, Mariana trench is actually the deepest part of the ocean but I'm not aware of the vessel used for that exploration and where it was built. My comments was only centered around the titanic explorations

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by lexy2014: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Put on your reading glasses, take a breath and read my response again, if you dare ask me more questions again, l will ban your account for 20 years shocked

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by AngelicBeing: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

This account is officially banned from midnight today, I will not entertain any plea from you tongue
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by lexy2014: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
AngelicBeing:
This account is officially banned from midnight today, I will not entertain any plea from you tongue

How does this relate to the question I asked?
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by pquaver(m): 5:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
FxMasterz:

Water pressure is that of upthrust and not downward pressure.

The worst that can happen is for the object to float because of the upthrust.

For pressure to implode an object, that means there's both upward and downward pressure on that object, which is not possible.

When next you want to open your mouth in the name of correction, always use your sense okay. Don't talk anyhow thinking everyone is as dull as yourself.
Again i ask you if u know about upthrust for floatation, that is a good start.. So u know an upward force act on an object whichis partially submerged in water/fluid.. Then put on ur thinking cap and dont fall my hand.. What do u think will happen on the surface of the same object when if is fully submerged in a fluid, then what happens as the depth increases? It good u did a little reading but do some more.. I am not talking to you anymore, it was an advice.. Your comment betrayed the emptiness in the area of basic physics..
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by 1Sharon(f): 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jennyclay:

You're so out of line I just have to laugh

Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by thegooddieyoung: 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2023
Bros you are the man jare

talented321:
A man wanted to admit his daughter into primary school, but got angry when the board told him the fee per term is 100k.
He said how can i pay 100k for a girl who might turn hookup queen or feminist.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by FxMasterz: 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
pquaver:

Again i ask you if u know about upthrust for floatation, that is a good start.. So u know an upward force act on an object whichis partially submerged in water/fluid.. Then put on ur thinking cap and dont fall my hand.. What do u think will happen on the surface of the same object when if is fully submerged in a fluid, then what happens as the depth increases? It good u did a little reading but do some more.. I am not talking to you anymore, it was an advice.. Your comment betrayed the emptiness in the area of basic physics..

When there's an upthrust, water above the submerged object is displaced to give way to the object and allow it to float. Water above an object does not mount pressure on the object. Otherwise divers would burst and animals living on the seabed would be crushed by the weight of the pressure, but the reverse is the case. Even the Titanic ship that has been on the seabed for more than 100yrs didn't scatter as a result of pressure from above it.

Objects become lighter as a result of upthrust because water from below supports the object while water above is displaced to allow the floating of that object. There's no way pressure can scatter an object in water. Even a plastic ball at the bottom of the sea would simply float. It won't implode.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by FxMasterz: 5:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
kulex2k1:
Oh boy you daft sha o.
quote author=FxMasterz post=124066110]

You're right. You'll see that they didn't even tell us where the said pressure came from. Which pressure?

Upthrust is the only pressure in water. Upthrust cannot implode objects because it causes the displacement of the water above the object.

You're the one who's daft.
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by jokaka89: 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
MOST OF THE FINDINGS ABOUT THE TITANIC SHIP ALWAYS ENDED IN TRAGEDY CUS THE SHIP ITSELF ENDED IN TRAGEDY.
THE MAKER OF THIS SUBMARINE MUST BE ARRESTED BECAUSE SOME OF HIS WORKERS TOLD HIM THAT THE SUBMARINE CAN'T DIVE DEEPER INTO THE OCEAN BUT HE WOULDN'T LISTEN.
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7UwTGB6rzM

EXCLUSIVE: Video of a previous Titanic expedition offers a rare look into the inside of the ill-fated OceanGate Titan submarine that imploded killing 5 people on board last week.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by Akharmony: 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Any good life the world is enjoying today was all born out of effortlesa sacrifies of very few person..May God accept there souls even if most of this folk have no believe of less believe in a super deity God. . Life is risky, we must endevour to take the risk
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by donbenie(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Candidlady:
Five men gone at once

What a wonderful god we serve
Next is your father..
That's if you have not already killed him..
Re: Inside The Ill-fated Oceangate Titan Submarine That Imploded Killing 5 (Pic/Vid) by donbenie(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2023
Righteousness2:
No matter How perfect or sophiscated a thing, place or whatever is on this earth, do not put your trust in it.

It may be a House, an automobile, a fat bank account, an Expert in a field, a jet, an equipment or whatever.
Never put your trust in it.
As long as it is from Human , it can fail. It can crash.
Depend on GOD to make it work.
Only JESUS CHRIST never fails.
Yeah?
I'm sure non of them were Christians and non of them prayed to your Sky Daddy.
Bunch of headless sheep..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

80 Nigerians Deported From Indonesia For Spraying Money On Pastor Odumeje / See The Roofless Aircraft With 96 Passengers That Landed Safely After Explosion / Lorry Kills 8 Hawkers In Awka Anambra, Youths Burn Lorry-Load Of Cows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.