Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others (52735 Views)

Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by fof1: 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/26/tinubu-renames-airports-after-buhari-usman-dan-fodio-awolowo-others/

A file photo of the Port Harcourt International Airport. (Photo: Facebook/FAAN)

This is Obviously Rubbish and Discriminatory still. How Can You Name PH Airport after Awolowo...? Pls what is the Correlations? So there is no Outstanding Citizen in the Entire East or South South Befitting to be Named?
This is very Wrong,myopic and Clanish and Foolish Step...Why Not DIETTE SPIFF for PH and Awo for Lagos International Airport,Pls?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by RaptorX: 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Versal:

Its not only you, bro
These Nigeria Black Monkey rulers are
empty.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Ronald Regan Airport, JFk Airport, George Bush Airport, John Dulles Airport, Hartsfield Jackson Airport, O Hare Airport, Charles De Gaule Airport. I guess all those are black monkeys too dumb ass.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by shinealight(m): 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

Last time I checked, names don't fly aeroplanes, names don't maintain airports, names don't stop bribery and corruption in the airport, names don't ensure safety and good standard in the airport and a lot more, I now see more reason why Nigeria is really where it is.

Major on the minor and minor on the major and some people are busy hailing such....

Focus on real issues, in order of priority is this what the aviation sector needs now?

Some of You guys can be so deceived....

Bribery & Corruption……bla bla bla? Please don’t make me laugh! These things are embedded in the psyche of the average Nigerian…..including YOU, my friend! In fact, It can be said to be part of the Nigerian DNA!
So, you want to wait till all these ills are eradicated from society before doing anything? More than likely, these shortcomings will outlive you and I, even if you’re only a teenager at present! We should stop deceiving ourselves! cool cool
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
Lutherblaq:
Tinubu should face the main country's problem, not some lamba he is showing us right now...

Hunger is know the order of the day in this country.. So he should face that and stop all this helter skelter things sad

So far, this man has been removing money from the pocket of Nigerians by way of heightened prices of essential commodities. I don't know of one instance of price reduction or real improvement in service delivery. My nigga is just sprinkling lamba all over the place.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by onuman: 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
Lutherblaq:
Tinubu should face the main country's problem, not some lamba he is showing us right now...

Hunger is know the order of the day in this country.. So he should face that and stop all this helter skelter things sad

Hunger? APC is like a commissioned agency to depopulation Nigeria drastically.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Brendaniel: 4:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
shinealight:

Bribery & Corruption……bla bla bla? Please don’t make me laugh! These things are embedded in the psyche of the average Nigerian…..including YOU, my friend! In fact, It can be said to part of the Nigerian DNA!
So, you want to wait till all these ills are eradicated from society before doing anything? More than likely, these shortcomings will outlive you and I, even if you’re only a teenager at present! We should stop deceiving ourselves! cool cool

I don't expect you to give a positive answer, but if you feel that is how Nigeria is or every Nigerian is, then I don't think you should be involved in politics or development of the country since it is a corrupt system, let's all steal what we can while it is avaible and also I don't think you should blame Hushpuppi, Evans or ritualist that kill people.

According to you corruption is embedded in every Nigerian's DNA, so you will be the biggest hypocrite to support Emefiele's arrest, Nnamdi Kanu's arrest, The hotel ritualist in Osun state and yahoo boys in Nigeria.

In the process of trying to defend rubbish you guys sometimes forget sanity....
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Babanah: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Guys,
It’s deeper than you all think.
The three main International Airports are located in Lagos (Ikeja), Abuja and Port Harcourt.

The former Ikeja Airport is named after Murtala Mohammed.
Abuja Airport is named after Nnamdi Azikiwe

It is only right and proper the the third, Port Harcourt be named after someone from the west bearing in mind the other two airports were named after former heads of state.

A certain former Head of State and President comes to mind who happens to have historical links with the great city of Port Harcourt. He brought an end to the civil war from his famous Army Division then based in Port Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by juman(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2023
Fake news.

It was done by buhari.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by AwkaFinest: 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Iamgrey5:
So a federal airport should not be given a name that reflects federal character?

Giving names that are autochthonous to a region is federal character.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by 2mch(m): 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nassarawa renaming is not necessary. You can rename Katsina Airport for that.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
Padipadi:

You are sniffing latrine. Christians don't break laws. If there's a grudge to settle, it ll be dialogue btw leaders of Christians and Muslims. Stop inciting violence. DSS ll locate you this week, amen.

DSS MA FOOT...YOU ARE AS EMPTY AS YOUR THREAT,
SO WHY IS THE DIALOGUE WORKING ON THE CHRISTIAN PARTS ALONE,..THE MUSLIMS STARTS THE FIGHT AND THEIR LEADERS WILL NOT STOP THEM BUT WHEN THE CHRISTIAN S WANT TO FIGHT BACK THE MUSLIM LEADERS WILL NOW BE RUNNING AROUND FOR DIALOGUE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE MUSLIMS HATE CHRISTIANS.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Hotwest: 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Funny country
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by teebaxy(m): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Lutherblaq:

He should order free money into your account or he should provide food for you … I don’t understand
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Padipadi(m): 5:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
WEALTHYLADYTIME:

DSS MA FOOT...YOU ARE AS EMPTY AS YOUR THREAT,
SO WHY IS THE DIALOGUE WORKING ON THE CHRISTIAN PARTS ALONE,..THE MUSLIMS STARTS THE FIGHT AND THEIR LEADERS WILL NOT STOP THEM BUT WHEN THE CHRISTIAN S WANT TO FIGHT BACK THE MUSLIM LEADERS WILL NOW BE RUNNING AROUND FOR DIALOGUE EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE MUSLIMS HATE CHRISTIANS.
I m not a Muslim nigga and I don't tolerate their excess.
I m here to WATN you to channel your complains via appropriate authorities.
There's CAN. They are capable. Meanwhile, a genuine Christian must investigate thoroughly before coming online like you to rant.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by saintkeppy(m): 5:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
Caseless:
Harry Marshall should have been OK. King Jaja or Ken Saru Wiwa would have been OK, too. GEJ is another good option. Saru Wiwa might not be considered because of his rebellion in order not to encourage others to take after him. But that could heal his people.

Even Alfred Diete Spiff would have been OK for port Harcourt Airport not Osubi in Warri.

He was one the best performing military Governor of Rivers State.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Godmann(m): 5:03pm On Jun 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/26/tinubu-renames-airports-after-buhari-usman-dan-fodio-awolowo-others/

So the South South has no leadership that PH Airport has to be renamed to Awo? Just asking oooh
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Sunnyski: 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Why name Lagos airport after Murtala Mohammed

Why name Abuja airport after Nnamdi Azikwe

You mean the Fulani slave region?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Sunnyski: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2023
gentlesmithugo:
oga abeg no bring igbo into this matter.nothing concern igbo with whatever name they gave to the airport in rivers.

Oga, even if you like it or not, Rivers people are all Igbos.

Argue with your ancestors.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by shinealight(m): 5:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

I don't expect you to give a positive answer, but if you feel that is how Nigeria is or every Nigerian is, then I don't think you should be involved in politics or development of the country since it is a corrupt system, let's all steal what we can while it is avaible and also I don't think you should blame Hushpuppi, Evans or ritualist that kill people.

According to you corruption is embedded in every Nigerian's DNA, so you will be the biggest hypocrite to support Emefiele's arrest, Nnamdi Kanu's arrest, The hotel ritualist in Osun state and yahoo boys in Nigeria.

In the process of trying to defend rubbish you guys sometimes forget sanity....

Your last statement is nothing but arrant nonsense. You have missed the point entirely!
No one is trying to justify the extreme cases you have cited but to make clear to you that sensible leaders cannot be expected to fold their arms and wait till the Nigeria of our dreams has been totally established before taking action in whatever moderate capacity they’re able to apply themselves.
Most realists know that the task of nation-building takes decades, if not centuries to fully attain!
Hope you regain the sanity you seem to have lost before coming here to make insulting comments in a public forum!! undecided undecided
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
Padipadi:

I m not a Muslim nigga and I don't tolerate their excess.
I m here to WATN you to channel your complains via appropriate authorities.
There's CAN. They are capable. Meanwhile, a genuine Christian must investigate thoroughly before coming online like you to rant.

WATN MA FOOT,

EVEN YOUR CHEAP PHONE
KEYPAD IS AGAINST,

I'M A FEMALE,
ANYONE CAN CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by bigtt76(f): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
Isaac Adaka Boro cheesy

back2sender:
Port Harcourt should have been named after a son from the south south. Thiw would have given more mileage!!!
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Brendaniel: 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
shinealight:

Your last statement is nothing but arrant nonsense. You have missed the point entirely!
No one is trying to justify the extreme cases you have cited but to make clear to you that sensible leaders cannot be expected to fold their arms and wait till the Nigeria of our dreams has been totally established before taking action in whatever moderate capacity they’re able to apply themselves.
Most realists know that the task of nation-building takes decades, if not centuries.
Hope you regain the sanity you seem to have lost before coming here to make insulting comments in a public forum!! undecided undecided

You see the mistake you are still making, so you mean a kidnapper is an extreme case compared to a government official who stole palliatives to feed children in IDP camps?

Na wa o, who measures the cases to extreme and non extreme, before we go too far, the issue was that renaming of airport now has no single benefit to the aviation sector and also to Nigerians.

Among all the problems in the aviation sector presently including the Nigerian air scam tell me what a name change is more important among all the problems in the sector now.

If you can't then it means that both you and Tinubu are simply putting the cart before the horse, what Nigerians need now is not name change, that was how Buhari used 8 years to focus on the most irrelevant things and wasted resources and time of Nigerians.

Please simply tell me what Tinubu has done in the aviation sector since he entered and which problem name change is more important than
among all the problems facing the aviation sector presently for him to feel name change is the first problem to tackle?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Afrobasic(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Newton2024:
They are reforming aviation sector by renaming airports. grin

The least intelligent among us are the ones ruling us. Shame on them.

The low IQ agbadorians are already celebrating cry
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by diggindeep: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Nansense and vegetable oribu
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by EPOMA(m): 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2023
naptu2:

Good thing he gave Wike Awolowo . Their problem
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Raf4: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
AwkaFinest:

It is bad. Those places were named like that, because as at when they named them they where/is capitals.

Port Harcourt has never been the capital of Nigeria.

But Port-Harcourt is Nigerian oil capital now
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by SLOVFO(m): 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
Buhari already did this just before he handed over..

But why renaming Nasarawa Airport after the caliphate..? Nasarawa are 60% Christian state..

Also, does it mean that the people of South South has no Icon that Port Harcourt Airport can be named after..? Awolowo has other National monuments been named after him.. GEJ should have been the one in place of Awolowo..

If Buhari is there, why not GEJ ?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Raf4: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
jice:

PH's is a spite on the people of the region.

The great King Jaja of Opoba, Queen Nana , Saro Wiwa etc were neglected. Awolowo is not bad but there are enough institutions in the SouthWest to name after him since he made this one look like the names should be after a great man from the region.

Are you aware that some monuments are named after Zik, King Jaja etc in the SW, especially Lagos and Ibadan?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by AwkaFinest: 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
Raf4:

But Port-Harcourt is Nigerian oil capital now

Na you make am oil capital? There is no statutory or official proclamation of that. It's just a saying. Something places like Warri or Eket can claim.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by masterflowx(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
Buhari already did this just before he handed over..

But why renaming Nasarawa Airport after the caliphate..? Nasarawa are 60% Christian state..

Also, does it mean that the people of South South has no Icon that Port Harcourt Airport can be named after..? Awolowo has other National monuments been named after him.. GEJ should have been the one in place of Awolowo..

Does the people of Southwest and Abuja has no Icon? Why naming Lagos airport as MM and Abuja airport after ZIK respectively?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan / Ekiti 2018 Election: Olusola Eleka Raises Alarm Over Manipulation Of Results / Presidential Poll Dispute: You Can’t Stand In For Tinubu, Court Tells Gov Lalong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.