Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others (52743 Views)

Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by nedekid: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
Named airport after buhari? Chisos! No bullshit we wount take in this country. A man that single handedly took us back 50 years. That under his watch, Nigeria because the poverty capital of the world. Dragged over 100m people into poverty! Oh God!! When he came in $10k was just 1.5m. When he left $10k was 7.5m!
A paddy sued a multinational 8 years ago, his judgement sum that would have been able to buy a decent house in eg kent, today cannot buy him a decent automobile.
No be juju be that?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Metrofox(m): 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2023
Allisgud:
So even goodluck Jonathan with all the peace brouhaha no airport was named after him,that's rubbish,it's like buhari is the only person alive on that list

Gej no get sense na the man doesn't respect himself na why them dey see am finish. That's his fault
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by pocom16: 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
Jeffrey22:
I thought the Ebony airport was named after Buhari ?
Even yobe airport is names after buhari
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by pennyland(m): 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2023
Why will only one person be named both federal university and international Airport in state like Adamawa state does that mean there's no prominent Christian in state? Same thing goes to Nasarawa state 'Kaduna government are involved in religions differences
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Allisgud: 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2023
Metrofox:

Gej no get sense na the man doesn't respect himself na why them dey see am finish. That's his fault
abi 🤔
Inec never announced presidential results finish he don run go meet tinubu dey shine teeth forward dat picture if u get am
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by pocom16: 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2023
Buddha3:
Why is the Port Harcourt Airport being renamed after Obafemi Awolowo?

Are there no prominent names from the South South in Nigeria's history to merit the honour?

Or are there no airports in the South West that should bear Awolowo's name? Small things like this are enough to provoke a people. Tomorrow, Nigerians will pay more attention to the reaction of the indigenes than to the provocative action which led to it.

Thank God them no carry this nonsense near Margaret Ekpo International airport!

If not because of the foolishness of black people..why should a name be a matter of war or quarrel..

Let him rename it after queen Elizabeth..
The important thing is there should be true reform in it..

Also Lagos airport is not named after a Yoruba man ..neither is Abuja..

Reason beyond tribalism abeg..

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by saintkeppy(m): 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
DivineT:

Osubi airport Osubi

Illiterate, you can’t differentiate a geography location from another

That location in Osubi is as result of availability if landmass hence the siting of the Airport, is Osubi not closer to Warri, an important town? if i may ask, which Airport serves Warri residents/Air travellers, Shell&Chevron Offshore workers?

Go and read International standard of naming locations for Airport across the world.
I think you're the Biggest illiterate here, go school, you no gree.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Lilimax(f): 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2023
Lutherblaq:
Tinubu should face the main country's problem, not some lamba he is showing us right now...

Hunger is know the order of the day in this country.. So he should face that and stop all this helter skelter things sad
Well said!
He should focus of ways of ameliorating the suffering of poor masses and not all these rubbish
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by greggng: 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2023
I stop laughing ...awolowo pH Air port ..
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by BluntCrazeMan: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/26/tinubu-renames-airports-after-buhari-usman-dan-fodio-awolowo-others/

A file photo of the Port Harcourt International Airport. (Photo: Facebook/FAAN)
Aaaahhh..

So, Ebonyi Airport won't be for Buhari again.??
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by KHRIZ565(m): 12:13am On Jun 27, 2023
I can never board a plane from that airport named after bubu, even if it’s for free. Afflictions can’t arise the second time.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by viodemus: 12:39am On Jun 27, 2023
the sw will not take over ph. All that name for ph na wash. Mr divider in chief aka un wise Bola, aka fraudulent tribalist criminal, --- Awolowo was a great man, but he is nothing to ph. Well, it's just a name. Soon you will divide this country due to your tribalism wey you dey teach all of us, from north to sw to se .
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Abufo: 12:43am On Jun 27, 2023
back2sender:
Port Harcourt should have been named after a son from the south south. Thiw would have given more mileage!!!

The south south forever sucking up to yoruba and fulani interests.........it is good they have forced Awolowo on them but I do feel that Awolowo deserves to have a major regional airport named afrer him......Afterall Murtala airport is in Lagos and Azikiwe airport is in Abuja........equation balanced.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Nigerianfactor: 1:23am On Jun 27, 2023
Newton2024:
They are reforming aviation sector by renaming airports. grin

The least intelligent among us are the ones ruling us. Shame on them.

The new regime has continued with the old trick of playing to the gallery. They are not facing our real challenges. How can the naming of some backyard airports be seen as a reform of the aviation sector? O maa-she o!

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Agent17th: 1:47am On Jun 27, 2023
back2sender:
Port Harcourt should have been named after a son from the south south. Thiw would have given more mileage!!!

Like Ken Saro , a son of the soil. Unless if he isbeen used at another airport.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Yankee101: 1:47am On Jun 27, 2023
It was buhari not Tinubu that did the name change a few days to handover

Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by XAUBulls: 3:04am On Jun 27, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/26/tinubu-renames-airports-after-buhari-usman-dan-fodio-awolowo-others/

That's a brilliant list.

The proposed Lekki International Airport could have been name after the great nationalist and lawyer, Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN thh.

The Port Harcourt Airport should have been renamed after Ken Saro-Wiwa or Harold Dappa-Biriye or Elechi Amadi.
These are men who played key roles in the creation of Rivers State via the Calabar, Ogoja, Rivers Movement and the also took part in actions during the 2 years 6 months Nigerian Civil War of 1967-1970 to liberate their lands from rebel invaders.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Karnice600: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
naptu2:

See how idiots will become so emotional and fall for this unnecessary renamings.
Na like this Buhari too been do, change Democracy day to June 12 to appeal to certain ethnic group. Now they're returning the favor to him. APC government and window dressing, na 5 & 6. But the moment they decide to push one button to effect changes in the system it's most times a catastrophic one. They have an undisputed reputation for pushing the wrong buttons.

Imagine a footballer with all the complete kits. Bright, colorful, nice jersey and boots, with so much efizy, but when e come to the main match, na own goals alone e dey score.

That's what Tinubu has just started doing.
APC with incompetence and cluelessness.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by DivineT: 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2023
saintkeppy:

That location in Osubi is as result of availability if landmass hence the siting of the Airport, is Osubi not closer to Warri, an important town? if i may ask, which Airport serves Warri residents/Air travellers, Shell&Chevron Offshore workers?

Go and read International standard of naming locations for Airport across the world.
I think you're the Biggest illiterate here, go school, you no gree.

Are you full
Warri residents? Who are the Warri residents, uvwie, udu ? What makes Warri more important than Osubi.

Can you name any important buildings or industries that Warri has that have made you submerged Osubi into Warri?
You are full

Apart from chevron, which offshore workers are there?
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by Fortruth: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Tinubu is an incredible leader with amazing foresight. He'll be the best performing Nigerian President.
I dedicate “To Be A Man (Mega Remix) by Dax to him. Great jam!

After two weeks abi? Most of which spent in colonizer zones LOL

NIGGERS and quack Propaganda
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by saintkeppy(m): 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
DivineT:

Are you full
Warri residents? Who are the Warri residents, uvwie, udu ? What makes Warri more important than Osubi.

Can you name any important buildings or industries that Warri has that have made you submerged Osubi into Warri?
You are full

Apart from chevron, which offshore workers are there?

So Osubi get Industries, generates revenues&more important than Warri.
My friend get away, go school, you no gree, common simple English, you no sabi. Let me correct you, You're a Fool.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by DivineT: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2023
saintkeppy:

So Osubi get Industries, generates revenues&more important than Warri.
My friend get away, go school, you no gree, common simple English, you no sabi. Let me correct you, You're a Fool.
You are an illiterate.
Why don’t you bear dangote name instead of that of your poor father as he is useless and unknown.
Re: Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others by saintkeppy(m): 6:35am On Jul 03, 2023
DivineT:

You are an illiterate.
Why don’t you bear dangote name instead of that of your poor father as he is useless and unknown.

What's this one saying, my dad is known.
I think I will put a call through to one of the moderators to get you ban cos your insult is beyond may be due to your Mental problem & is causing public nuisance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Governorship Election Results 2023 From Polling Units / How Nigeria's Kings Lost Their Power - BBC / 10 States Ready To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage – NLC