Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,238 members, 7,836,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It (59999 Views)

Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL / We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by DMerciful(m): 10:37pm On Jun 26, 2023
Another propaganda! Which friend?

1 Like

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by FLYFIRE(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
IDIOTS
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by nairalanda1(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babatunjo:
I am typing this with tears in my eyes.
Nigeria is gone.
I supported Tinubu but the analysis I am hearing recently is very sad.

Subsidy was started to put money in the hands of the big men of those days, subsidy is also being removed now to put more money in the hands of the rich and big men of Nigeria of today

No it was not. Subsidy was an ultimately misguided plan to keep fuel prices cheap for the poor. It did not work because it fouled up the profit making ability of the petroleum sector, and messed it up to the point that we lost domestic refining, and ended up with large deficits.

If there was no subsidy or if it had been removed since...we would have had domestic refining, been exporting oil to every country in west africa for profit, and we would have had more and more jobs.

Your problem is you think that business people earn money to put in their pockets. They have tax to pay, staff to pay,etc.

A lot of the profits resulting from the removal of subsidy are going to salaries to pay...ordinary Nigerians like you and me.

Such a sad situation for my nation and the masses who are so gullible.

Watch closely and you will see clearly the game called Nigeria.

It's sad.

If you were running a business, would you sell at a loss, so that you could help the poor?

You won't , so why expect that from the oil sector. ? We lost four refineries, and got years of corruption and mismanagement because of trying to sell cheap fuel to help the poor.

Anyway, whoever you voted, they would still have removed subsidy. If we kept the subsidy, its cost would have been 14 trillion this year. Our budget is 20 trillion. That 14 trillion would have come from our budget...leaving a hole that needs to be filled...by loans.

And as things stand, we cannot take any more loans right now. DMO is shouting that we are all loaned up, and the IMF is looking at us one kind.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Kay25(m): 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

Subsidy was started to put money in the hands of the big men of those days, subsidy is also being removed now to put more money in the hands of the rich and big men of Nigeria of today.
U wait over time it will collapse

It's sad.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Evilspirit666: 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

Subsidy was started to put money in the hands of the big men of those days, subsidy is also being removed now to put more money in the hands of the rich and big men of Nigeria of today.

It's sad.
2 by 2 go still touch you
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by providencia(m): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, you want to vote for someone who would have kept subsidy.

Yes, and you would have ended up with Nigeria running out of money completely in the next ten years, with our budget deficit eating up the budget.

Subsidy removal is hellish, but keeping it assures a hellish future.
Evergreen4:
The subsidy that was removed from kerosene, diesel and gas, what did they use it for. Subsidizing fuel is the only way we the common masses enjoy anything from the government if not the politicians share our common patrimony amongst themselves. Before removing subsidy, government should make thinks easier by fixing up refineries, ensure stable power supply and improve transportation by providing workable rail system. All the time our government keep comparing the price of fuel in Nigerian to the price of fuel in Saudi Arabia but they don't compare the rail way and stable power being enjoyed by the Saudi's. Government should continue paying the subsidy and reduce the cost of governance. Salaries and allowance of legislators should be reduced, the office of minister of state should be collapsed and if possible we should practice a unicameral legislature by scrapping the senate. If am this is done, they will save cost

I'm sure you heard of the 114% salary increase of politicians. Politicians gives you hell while they and their children lives in eldorado
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by MatrixCircle: 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
I thank the courageous Tinubu for stopping it in his first day in office. That if you like protest till forever, no going back.
Nigerians have gradually adjusted . The scam was too much.
Tinubu knows that those powerful subsidy fraudsters can do him nothing. He is never afraid of them.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by sammyscholar(m): 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.
So what exactly should be done? Subsidy should be returned?
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by nairalanda1(m): 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2023
providencia:

Well, let's start with the fact that we are not earning enough money...our forex earnings is similar to Qatar, yet Qatar is comfortable because they have less than 2 million people, ....because we rely only on oil for most of our earnings.

That;s why subsidy savings don't reach far.

We know what to do to earn more...short term, raise our tax to gdp ratio, long term, become an exporter of manufactured goods and services.

But you don;t want taxes (and indeed because 70% of our populaiton is not able to pay the kind of tax we need, pressure is put on the remaining 30%). And you want us to keep on using imported stuff.

So we remain broke, and what little we have, we lose a lot of it to stealing and corurption.

The truth is, we are not earning enough money. Simple.

So, stop moaning about 'what they did with the savings'. We spent most of it keeping fuel cheap for a growing consumer base....because you wanted it.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Bluntemperor: 10:53pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.
It's sad.

Not so bro,as far as President Tinubu is concerned,for we should exercise patients,for what many other past Presidents cannot do,he just did it dogmatically and boldly!
The Yuguda of a governor is amongst the Politicians who should be ashamed,as they were there but couldn't call Buhari to order as all of them kept quite,while the Nigerian Economies and Social life and her image was going down!
To worsen things,Buhari could not even sack some if his own appointed Ministers,for Non- Performance, even where their docility was apparent. So,so terrible!
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by jubrilELsudan: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2023
WHAT A SORE LOSER

NA DIS KIN BOY YOU GO CARRY GO ASHY JOINT THEN HIM GO CUM GO BROADCAST AM TO EVERYBODY BECAUSE ASHAWO NO GIVE AM FREE FVCK

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Demonicide(f): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.

You said you supported Tinubu. You are aswell gullible as the people you mentioned.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by providencia(m): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, let's start with the fact that we are not earning enough money...our forex earnings is similar to Qatar, yet Qatar is comfortable because they have less than 2 million people, ....because we rely only on oil for most of our earnings.

That;s why subsidy savings don't reach far.

We know what to do to earn more...short term, raise our tax to gdp ratio, long term, become an exporter of manufactured goods and services.

But you don;t want taxes (and indeed because 70% of our populaiton is not able to pay the kind of tax we need, pressure is put on the remaining 30%). And you want us to keep on using imported stuff.

So we remain broke, and what little we have, we lose a lot of it to stealing and corurption.

The truth is, we are not earning enough money. Simple.

So, stop moaning about 'what they did with the savings'. We spent most of it keeping fuel cheap for a growing consumer base....because you wanted it.

Firstly, Your country is broke because those at the helm of affairs are eating your national cake and they will continue to eat it. While they give you hell. At a time Nigeria senators was the highest paid in the world . If not for the fall of naira , the record would have remain unbroken.

Secondly, We pay alot of tax. I pay an average of 22% tax of my daily income. If you have ever set up a business you will know the heavy taxation nigerians are subject to.

FG is earning alot of money fyi.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by occfx: 11:15pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hezzyluv:
See the kind unfortunate country one finds himself.angry

Very unfortunate zoo republic and some idiots are defending it with AK47
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by donhils: 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2023
The point about subsidy removal is that the populace won't feel the positive effect of it. They'll still share the whole money as usual, but this time we suffer the consequences. They should've left thing alone. This fuel price hike is biting
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Dreal1247: 11:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.

Enjoy your menu. They used propaganda to manipulate you people against a passionate a nationalist leader. Now your sufferings continue.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Cassandraloius: 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hezzyluv:
See the kind unfortunate country one finds himself.angry

Very unfortunate country.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by eepeepook: 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2023
Money no dey tire person. Lie.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by God2man2again(m): 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2023
Where some are lacking, the gain will definitely go to some.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by AfonjaPriest: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
Hepk:
Please dear people of Nairaland forgive me,
Have mercy on me, if I can help myself I won't be here begging for your help, please come to my aid, I've been seeking assistance on nairaland.
I'm  celestine am 31 year of age frm Enugu State Awgu L G A.I have a spine injury @ neck that has have keeps me indoor mostly for d past 15 years.It also affected my hand making me not able to use my finger normally i.e I can't pick up thing from floor.
my problem now is that life has been very difficult for us I and my aged mom.to provide feeding and some medicine is hard,
I don't have anything doing for now.living with pains and bed sore on both Buttocks and continual urine Infection,Not able to for
routine hospital visit due lack of funds.
Please I am pleading to well meaning Nigerians come to our aid my mom has been sick for long due to complications of poorly manage dia-betes and BP.
I need your financial help to enable go for medical, the last doctor i see said I need to do MRI scan test, which I don't have the funds for now,pls no matter how
Small it will enable us get some medicine,food and other basic items for my daily SCI cares.
I depend on some daily medical supplies for survival pls I need your help.
Acct :

Celestine
First Bank
Location: Nkpor anambra state.am available for video call/physical verification my phone number and address is not hidden. Watch the video below to confirm .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxxOAKrZDSs

please come to my aid I don't have any other choice, I'm not a scammer if to say life was a little bit easy for me I won't be doing this always I can prove my condition beyond any reasonable doubt. thanks and remain blessed.
Red flag. Disclaimer. Persona non grata.
Celestine Nwankwo, the serial criminal scammer, is here to promote his begging advert scam.
You should go to your church or mosque to beg and stop using different monikers on NAIRALAND to swindle people.
You have used over 50 monikers to beg. If you are genuine, you should have been known with one moniker. Using many is a clear indication you are a fraud.
The way I see it, you'll soon get deliverance from the Devil. Keep thinking you are deceiving people. There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; covered that will not be opened.
The great day of your revelation is at hand. Be expectant, because surely it will come.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Cheche555(f): 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
In Nigeria they only kill and punish the thieves on the street but those perpetuating evil in the hierarchy are left scot free. .
The man's audacity is only obtained in country like Nigeria
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by hardbody: 12:04am On Jun 27, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.

una never chichomchin...

now i am happy obi did not win.
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Bobxin: 12:08am On Jun 27, 2023
Agbadocassava:
In 8 years time you won’t have any reason to japa again, Tinubu is here to right the wronged…
Tinubu na God weh go turn Nigeria to Canada in 8 years, you think America go to where they are in 8yrs. Dey play 🙄🙄
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by leo1234(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.

Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Alpharey: 12:16am On Jun 27, 2023
When I try to raise my voice they will say me and my brothers are the problem of Nigeria. Let the suffering and smiling continue because of tribalism. BTW to that mod that use to ban me at the slightest provocation, I have reported your case to Sango.... 🏃🏃🏃🏃
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by favor914: 12:26am On Jun 27, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.
Incoherent Wailer, I just wonder?
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by favor914: 12:28am On Jun 27, 2023
Johnboscowchido:
I beg you in God's name..I have been down in school with pelptic ulcer.. please assist me with anything so I can continue treatment as I am now dehydrated...I beg all of u in God's name...Akj Dan....2 2 2 3 7 3 2 7 0 2..U B A
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by Researcher720(f): 12:37am On Jun 27, 2023
This country is ruled by frustrated people only
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by DoubraTim: 12:51am On Jun 27, 2023
Ok
Re: My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It by seguno2: 12:53am On Jun 27, 2023
Babatunjo:
Nigeria is gone.

It's sad.

What analysis are you hearing now, and how has it changed your view on Tinubu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let Aba Produce NYSC Uniforms - Ikpeazu, Takes Samples To NYSC DG (Pics) / Wedding Of Mahmud Nuhu Ribadu & Amina Aliyu Ismaila (Photos) / Ghanaians Now Use Tinubu To Banter Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.