Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle (22703 Views)

What Is The Function Of This Button In A Car / 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Overload Your Vehicle / How To Survive If Your Vehicle Is Sinking Into A River Or Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Sablexxxtoons: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
When you don't want to breathe the outside air
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Babaibeji2020(m): 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nazgul:
I know about this feature. And I'll advice you not to use it frequently when you eventually locate it on your car, cos using it for long distances if your car is filled up can result in a decrease in air quality cos the air keeps circulating, none is going outside. I'd still prefer the normal mode where fresh air from outside can enter the cabin.

For me I'd say it's best if maybe you're driving through a smoky environment, or maybe shit people are parking shit and you driving through them and don't want to inhale their shit, you can switch to the recirculation mode so that air from outside doesn't come in, then switch back once you move past them.
......if person mess when recirculate dey on šŸ¤­
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Pootle: 1:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

Keep shut, you nor geh car.

This same pic was posted by in 2021.
https://www.nairaland.com/6701398/what-function-button-car

If you wan open thread, open thread and go. Don't come and sprinkle it with little lies here and there. Who dash monkey banana?

investigation officer grin
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by complexstuffs(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nazgul:
I know about this feature. And I'll advice you not to use it frequently when you eventually locate it on your car, cos using it for long distances if your car is filled up can result in a decrease in air quality cos the air keeps circulating, none is going outside. I'd still prefer the normal mode where fresh air from outside can enter the cabin.

For me I'd say it's best if maybe you're driving through a smoky environment, or maybe shit people are parking shit and you driving through them and don't want to inhale their shit, you can switch to the recirculation mode so that air from outside doesn't come in, then switch back once you move past them.

I'm inclined not to agree with you. The air is recirculated but some outside air will still be collected. There is no time when the air inside will be 100% recirculated

3 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by saveman91(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dam niggas but through i no get car b4, but i normally borrow people and drive but i no care about ac only during sunny day i can manage it for a while
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by complexstuffs(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Angrygoat:
I've. Ot used my AC now in 7days and guess what my fans are direct and its manual compressor. Oh bobs my mpg na plus 4...tho my cover has been blown because normally I dont wind down ..but since gas hit 520 to 550..oh bobs e no reach 1 week after jagaban enter,I begin wind down unl3ss rain dey fall or i carry babe.my eyes go dey my fuel guage. I no even send temperature guage again,na fuel gage be my priority now.... Who still dey use AC for this sub removal shit ...unless that person na ritualist or that person na politician................ all the gas stations cheat me. Even if I buy 10 litres, na reserve tank..sotay I dey carry keg fey follow body...make I dey see the fuel dey pour for keg direct
I cant be wasting thousands for air when no be vulcaniser I dey visit.. na air all of them dey blow inside my tank. If I pay for 5 litres for keg. Na 4litres. The ones selling above 500 sef na samething.. buy 5litres for keg ad check if e go full.lai lai. Na 3.9litres/4 litres and guage for filling station read 5 litres. Fuc k

You are probably consuming more fuel when you wind down due to aerodynamic drag. A car that is wind up will have a streamline shape and it will pass through air with less air resistance and hence less energy which translates to less fuel consumption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by nedekid: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Me I use my permanent due to our hot, dusty, smokey environment. Obviously, the cabin is cooler with the circulation on.
I only turn of the circulation if I fart, pass Gass or mess in the car, like magic it takes out the toxic aroma before I choke on it. Especially after eating Iya ewa's agoyin beans. grin
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Angrygoat: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Tho one of my 02 sensor is bad. Bros na liem all filling stayions are cheating us. If u buy 10 litres na either 8 or 7 and a half dem go sell inside your tank. Tinubu never start yet. When he start..we go hear am hot. Japa
complexstuffs:

You are probably consuming more fuel when you wind down due to aerodynamic drag. A car that is wind up will have a streamline shape and it will pass through air with less air resistance and hence less energy which translates to less fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by nedekid: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
complexstuffs:

What you say is right if he is cruising on the Expressway over a distance. But if it is normal intracity driving, I don't think that counts much.

2 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by complexstuffs(m): 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
Khafsun:
Calling mechanics kazeem is derogatory and reflects your bigotry. Whoever started that nonsense here on nairaland is very silly

Very true. It is insult and derogatory to call mechanics Kazeem. I once kicked against it here on Nairaland but some people (who I suspect are south eastern) didn't want to listen.

Those same people will be complaining bitterly if you start calling all armed robbers Chinedu

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by EnterpriseMan: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Or you could just set it at Auto and your car would control everything for you.
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by SeriouslySense(m): 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
smiley Good.
post=124066032:
The air recirculation button effectively cuts off the outside air to the inside of the car ā€˜recirculatingā€™ air inside your vehicle.

What the air-recirculation button is used for:

Boosting your AC to help your cabin get as cold as possible as quickly as possible.

Stopping pollution & exhaust fumes ie. in a city center traffic jam, entering your cabin.

Reducing pollen when driving if you suffer from hayfever.

Stopping strong outdoor odours entering your car such as sileage

The benefits of the air-recirculation button
The air-recirculation function ensures your AC works to the optimum level, allowing your vehicle to get as cold as possible as quickly as possible.
It helps stop pollution, smells and pollen from entering your cabin
It helps keep your air-filter cleaner for longer
It reduces strain on your AC system
It helps reduce fuel consumption by assisting the AC system
Some new cars do not have an air-recirculation button.
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by GEEBITE: 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
You dont need to insult the person that posted. Do you know him/her personally to affirm that the person doesn't own a car. Like it is a big deal to own a car.
RingRoadMafia:

Keep shut, you nor geh car.

This same pic was posted by in 2021.
https://www.nairaland.com/6701398/what-function-button-car

If you wan open thread, open thread and go. Don't come and sprinkle it with little lies here and there. Who dash monkey banana?
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Angrygoat: 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
Exit car as how. While engine is on or off. Abi shey the car wan catch fire..
Wealthoptulent:
E fit recycle Fuel too grin

I have own cars for straight 8 years now.. after the 3rd year I got to know this "proper" TRICK of Recycling A.C.. i use on Leather interior vehicles [BMW brands only, I have tried Toyota 3 times.. muscle was fairest bt shit tongue] , so stuffy air from leather seats made me inquire more about A.C usage, as hot air fills up car cabin. Usuall kick start the car, Most times I roll down all glass fr 2 mins, roll up & on A.c exit car for 5mins before I return into the car and drive off. Until I came across Chinese lady on IG & it got Solved.
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by AFconsult1(m): 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
Angrygoat:
I've. Ot used my AC now in 7days and guess what my fans are direct and its manual compressor. Oh bobs my mpg na plus 4...tho my cover has been blown because normally I dont wind down ..but since gas hit 520 to 550..oh bobs e no reach 1 week after jagaban enter,I begin wind down unl3ss rain dey fall or i carry babe.my eyes go dey my fuel guage. I no even send temperature guage again,na fuel gage be my priority now.... Who still dey use AC for this sub removal shit ...unless that person na ritualist or that person na politician................ all the gas stations cheat me. Even if I buy 10 litres, na reserve tank..sotay I dey carry keg fey follow body...make I dey see the fuel dey pour for keg direct
I cant be wasting thousands for air when no be vulcaniser I dey visit.. na air all of them dey blow inside my tank. If I pay for 5 litres for keg. Na 4litres. The ones selling above 500 sef na samething.. buy 5litres for keg ad check if e go full.lai lai. Na 3.9litres/4 litres and guage for filling station read 5 litres. Fuc k
So sad
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Angrygoat: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
I ran out of fuel tofay. When i got to mobil. I paid for 5litres. Mobil sold air to me. I had not driven 1km my engine vibrated..meaning fuel pump is getting hot and tank is less than a liter.it stalled. I had to run to another filling station to buy inside keg. Is it when ive dressed up i now want to be buying fuel inside keg to turn into my car. Me sef don taya. Na hoverboard or unicycle i dey target buy on saturday abeg
AFconsult1:
So sad

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by sukkot: 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
Yeah I discovered mine by mistake a year ago. I noticed my freon gas finishes every 2 months and the ac will start struggling to cool the car. Kazeem looked for any leaks and put new seals but still the same wAhala, freon finish every 2 months. So I started playing around with the buttons and discovered that recirculate button and put it on. A year later the freon is still strong . So that feature saved my freon disappearing into thin air lol

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by SeriouslySense(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
That's means its actually beneficial to use the button.

sukkot:
Yeah I discovered mine by mistake a year ago. I noticed my freon gas finishes every 2 months and the ac will start struggling to cool the car. Kazeem looked for any leaks and put new seals but still the same wAhala, freon finish every 2 months. So I started playing around with the buttons and discovered that recirculate button and put it on. A year later the freon is still strong . So that feature saved my freon disappearing into thin air lol
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by WhisperedNoise: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

Not surprised. A retard's response.
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by sukkot: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
SeriouslySense:
That's means its actually beneficial to use the button.

for me it definitely is. its ON permanently now

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Angrygoat: 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
The use of AC adds more load to the engine. Start your engine ..drive for 2 mins without AC..then place it on park or idle while AC is on. U will see a heavy load once the compressor picks. No2 add that load to your fuel. U go hear am hot
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Ishilove: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
pocohantas:

I4, Ishi. 99.987% of 4 cylinder cars are straight inline. This includes yours. smiley
My dear Poco, I have no idea what this means? šŸ˜
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by saintjimos(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
I'm reading for future purpose
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by laivwire(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nazgul:

I agree with your comment except for the bolded. I use recirculated air most of the time as it enhances the AC performance. Opening up the inlet valve not only reduces the pressure of air through the vents, the AC doesn't get to cool the air sufficiently resulting in warmer air. Couple that with the events of having smoke and fumes in your wound up car along with other nasty smells that try to be permanent.

I only open up the inlet when the cabin air is getting stale or if the air outside is really cool maybe during harmattan, early in the morning, late at night or when I'm on a freeway.

I'd rather just wind all four windows down to let out renew cabin air and keep the recirculate mode on.
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by emmybobo1: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124066032:
The air recirculation button effectively cuts off the outside air to the inside of the car ā€˜recirculatingā€™ air inside your vehicle.

Boosting your AC to help your cabin get as cold as possible as quickly as possible.

Stopping pollution & exhaust fumes ie. in a city center traffic jam, entering your cabin.

The air-recirculation function ensures your AC works to the optimum level, allowing your vehicle to get as cold as possible as quickly as possible.
This Olodo will see a post and run to google to search the meaning then come back here to sound smart. Riff raff Olodo

1 Like

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by complexstuffs(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
Angrygoat:
Tho one of my 02 sensor is bad. Bros na liem all filling stayions are cheating us. If u buy 10 litres na either 8 or 7 and a half dem go sell inside your tank. Tinubu never start yet. When he start..we go hear am hot. Japa

That sensor needs to be changed ASAP as keeping a bad O2 sensor will send wrong message to the ECU which will lead to wrong oxygen:fuel ratio
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by emmybobo1: 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
complexstuffs:

Very true. It is insult and derogatory to call mechanics Kazeem. I once kicked against it here on Nairaland but some people (who I suspect are south eastern) didn't want to listen.

Those same people will be complaining bitterly if you start calling all armed robbers Chinedu
You are a thick-headed idiot. Is your job more noble than that of a mechanic. Fatherless wretch like you also see mechanics as subhuman. Thatā€™s why your tribe with their PHDs are languishing in abject poverty. Idiot.
I know if they have referred doctors as Kareem youā€™ll brag over it. Uniformed half baked oluwole graduates

2 Likes

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Angrygoat: 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
I know but its not the main sensor.its a pre sensor..second bank. Not 1st bank. Tho my muffler gets carbon depsoits whenni do hard accelerationsbut toxay i didnt do hard accelerations still i ran out of gas. Mobil stations are crooks.
complexstuffs:

That sensor needs to be changed ASAP as keeping a bad O2 sensor will send wrong message to the ECU which will lead to wrong oxygen:fuel ratio
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Tripitaka: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2023
post=124066032:

You're always guilty of lifting peoples posts from websites and passing them off as yours.

Its criminal.
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Contango(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ishilove:
Thought I should share this, although I don't even know if my vehicle has this button. I'll have to check when it is back from my Kazeem. It is currently being repaired after my folks traveled with it to Delta state and when they returned, the vehicle was singing fyuuuuuuyuh when you start the engine. šŸ˜‘

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02e8FZ35CHy2X9KReUUWatveXfQtS3dCqCvixdBGv64E3gFKw26zkoepfMDNycGoyJl&id=535967728&mibextid=Nif5oz

Lol. My guy complained about something like this sometime ago. He drives a Toyota Camry, 2008 or so.

I canā€™t relate though. Never had to do anything aside setting the desired temperature. My Climate system is always on ā€œAutoā€; so it toggles between recirculate and venting automatically to optimally cool the car as well as maintain air quality. I have never driven the car with the glasses down and I drive long distances a lot until my colleagues at work begged me to stop. Lolā€¦

If you have the auto feature, Iā€™d suggest you use it.

Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by Johnn74: 4:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Re: How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle by goldmatrix(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Na who dey put on AC now?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons / Should I Go For Passat Vw Or Toyota Camry? / Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.