Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,476 members, 7,843,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor (30262 Views)

Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya / Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs / General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor by tolor: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
Such a colourful event to watch. Getting to the top of one's profession no be moimoi. I'm sure the guy would be overwhelmed with emotions: ( I just remembered say dem no get emotions😄😁).

Naptu2 Do outgoing miltary HOS get 'pulled out'? OBJ, IBB and Abubakar?

Can a police officer become a CDS?

How come senior police officers are not part of the "pullout train"? Aren't they under the CDS?

I assume a Navy officer can be CDS. Has there ever been one.

Thanks
Re: Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor by teekay213(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2023
Blackestjunior:
To be a full 4 star ⭐ General no be beans oo
General wey no go war that one na general?

1 Like

Re: Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor by Blackestjunior(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2023
teekay213:
General wey no go war that one na general?

Lol...as war no dey nko
Re: Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor by Blackestjunior(m): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
tolor:
Such a colourful event to watch. Getting to the top of one's profession no be moimoi. I'm sure the guy would be overwhelmed with emotions: ( I just remembered say dem no get emotions😄😁).

How come senior police officers are not part of the "pullout train"? Aren't they under the CDS?

Thanks

The last question
Yes we have had 2 Admiral as the CDS

1 Like

Re: Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor by tolor: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2023
Thanks Naptu2. 🙏

1 Like

Re: Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor by lexy2014: 10:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
wickedtuna:
In a sane country, men with conscience will quietly retire. What has this one done to deserve this? Nigeria and wastage, its a spending problem.

if you are familiar with operation lafiya doyle, then you will know General Irabor. he was the commander of the operation and scored big against BH. his ran a very transparent and open command and gave journalist access to information on his operations. televised press briefings were his style. not propaganda but actual results
Re: Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor by lexy2014: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
tolor:

Thanks

yes an outgoing military HOS can be pulled out.

CDS is a strictly military position. Police are meant for maintaining internal security and not for commanding the military. the military and police are two entirely different units.

Police arent under the CDS as stated in my previous answer. can an immigration officer be appointed head of the police?

anyone high ranking member of the armed forces can be CDS. it is at the discretion of the C-in-C. Ibrahim Ogohi, Ola Ibrahim (Navy) and Paul Dike, Oluseyi Petinrin, Alex Badeh (Airforce) were all former CDS

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka / Eight APC Governors Will Join Atiku By February 2018– PDP Chieftain / Bishop Kukah: Buhari Has Promoted Tribalism, Religion In Military, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.