Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd (38252 Views)

See What I Saw In A Church I Visited In South Asia! / Does The Church I Attend Matter? / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by chigoziri2403(m): 6:53pm On Jul 02, 2023
Chuknovski:

I mean no harm bro, grin I know the drills on NL, I just felt others may take it seriously, so I had to lend an opinion, happy Sunday to you, peace
Anybody taking nairaland.com serious, it's at his own peril
Thanks gee

2 Likes

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by sooperrescue(m): 7:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
sotall:
undecided

A significant number of black people have woken up and liberated from the scam of Abrahamic religion i.e Christianity and islam

If you still practice any of the two Abrahamic religion, its time you wake up and ditch that slave master's history book.

Have you asked yourself with number of churches and mosque in Nigeria and the amount of prayers offered, the country is very backward and not working?

If we can conclude anything, it is that the prayers aren't working.

If the prayers they offer works, Nigeria will be heaven on earth by now considering the number of churches on every inch and corner of Nigeria.

If 80% of the buildings used as worship centers are turned to factories, do you know how much it will contribute to Nigeria's economy?

The blind man told the pharisees that God does not answer the prayers of the wicked and the same book also stated that the prayers of the wicked are an abomination to God. Jeremiah said we are not empowered to commit evil because we attend church and the bible asked if we are permitted to sin because we are under grace?
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Abolodje: 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:

You get Yemen aza
Yankee dey available
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by femmy0078(m): 7:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
I don't believe in all these cook and bull stories .
Show is a pix
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Simpubozz(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
Some churches this days are like entertainment concerts. Some don dey even invite standup comedian and hiphop artist to perform in church
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by MrFly(m): 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
Be urself and dont act like those hypocrites
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Tzar(m): 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
You guys just misinterpret the Bible to mislead people. The Bible NEVER mentioned gowns, scarf , trousers, etc. What God said is that men shouldn’t dress in women clothing and women shouldn’t dress in men clothing. What constitutes men or women clothing is dependent on each culture, but one commonality is that each culture clearly differentiates men and women clothing.
Ref Deut 22:5
A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman's garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the LORD your God.

TheAdvocate:

In Bible times, both men and women wore gowns and scarf don't misled him please. When David was dancing & they saw his unclothedness, it was because he wore a gown and NOT a trouser.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by payloader(m): 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:
Happy sunday nairalanders.
I moved to a new area(Student area) and decided to attend a nearby church.

These are what I noticed.

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.
--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.
Even when we were asked to pray on our offering,people still prayed in tongues.

And it just seems I'm odd among them or is it that am not modernized?
What is modernization? And where in the Bible did scarf tying become a church doctrine? The covering of head is not even a church doctrine in the Bible. Read 1 Corinthians 11:16
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by DeGLORIOUS: 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2023
chigoziri2403:
It's your first time in the church
Its okay to feel ostracised
With time, you will feel among
Probably buy a few trousers and brush up your queen's English
As for speaking in tongues...... Maybe you learn a foreign language or an indigenous language like efik or birom
Are you serious? grin
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by chigoziri2403(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
DeGLORIOUS:
Are you serious? grin
Nah
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by AgentNnamdi: 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
Krismas:
grin Same church with the highest SATANIC SUBLIMINALS? Just take a look at the arch way into a worship hall grin
That represents a woman’s Virginia.
It’s occultic

shocked I am seeing a door with fancy POP design. And you are seeing a vagn*** shocked

Go and Read some of the James Allen's books.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by remsonik(f): 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
I have been to a church in Allen like that and I experienced same. They don't cover their heads or dress decently. They speak in tongues and when one person speaks someone will translate it to the members.

Their service doesn't end on Sunday early but till late at night around 10pm. They just take a 2 hours break after morning service between 3pm-5pm before they start the evening service. Even you will see cross dressers in the church
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Tundex911: 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
Op.....

99.9% nowadays na hell fire 🔥 we dey go

No cap
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Aposteli1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

-- I was the only one that used scarf.Even the choristers and the female ministers didn't use scarf.

--Almost all the female members are putting on trousers,ladies that put on gowns/skirt are not up to 20%.
I was even surprised that the two female ministers and the female choristers also put on trouser to climb the church alter.

--During prayer intersection,I noticed everybody were praying in tongues and it seems am the only person not filled with the holy spirit to speak in tongues.

You better run for your safety!!!
Many of these modern Churches are owned and sponsored by Satan full of Worldliness.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by frankblinkz(m): 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
grin
chigoziri2403:

If I say o, you say p, another man say c, na you sabi
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by scait(m): 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2023
OluwaLina1:

1. Go and start reading your bible
2. Listen to Christian messages. I'll recommend apostle Joshua selman's messages.
3. Grow spiritually and know God.
4. Attend the church you feel you're welcome and they preaching Jesus christ.
5. You have no business with how anyone dresses in the church. It's you and God.
6. Do you think you will find answers coming on nairaland?? You will only be discouraged and you will draw far away from God
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by scait(m): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
femmy0078:
I don't believe in all these cook and bull stories .
Show is a pix

The reason you can't spell cock. Don't be consumed by your foolishness
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by caesymore(m): 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2023
frenzy48:
one new generation church I attended some weeks ago,,the ushers all wore trousers,the worship singer dyed his hair pink, choristers wore tight seductive trousers,,guys were allowed to wear caps while girls didn't cover their hairs .some guys even came with crossing bag .I just felt odd

Boom Dig_it!

Odds things happening up and down, my friend told me his church invited RMD for a program I told him "hei, which kind IV be that wey church get with a secular actor. what's your view on that
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Vitally123: 12:15am On Jul 03, 2023
Focus on God, they are not your standard, God cannot reduce his word or standard for any man. Be yourself, you are unique.

1 Like

Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by LionTiger(m): 5:59am On Jul 03, 2023
Truthday:
In the next 50-100 years Christianity will be odd itself. Christianity rules is defined by the odds of society.

When the society was sane, the Christianity was sane. As society started changing with odds so do Christianity.

Very soon LGBT will be norm too.

When TV came, some said it's devil box, today they use it in all their churches. Sane with phone and social media. This is rvide6that wr cannot define Good or bad, my mere judgement of our head only. But This is what we have today

And that's the problem of a people without rules or standard. That's why Islam 6just beautiful. With rules and standard. The modalities, practises of the mosque is same and not modernity will change it. It's Good, because the rule will prevent odds of society.
But you have Boko Haram? Your modernize backwards! The word of God never change
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Kay25(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2023
OluwaLina1:

It's not modernisation it's just u ain't exposed to what they do there..every church has its own rules sit to learn whatever is good, spiritual learn it and take it as ur new way but if u see anything bad dont join them to do it
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by RealEzee(m): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2023
sotall:

Some of you dont just get it, i wonder why.

The Nigerian people aren't productive. We just pray and believe and expect things to work out without putting in the work.

Someone who has been brainwashed and indoctrinated from childhood that his primary assignment here is to go to heaven will not even think about doing research that will lead to innovation and invention which will in turn bring prosperity to the land.

You think the prosperity of other nations was spawned by their government?
When the mindset of the vast population is right, trust me so many things will fall in place.
You dont need to pray for what you can use your brain to get.

Our people needs to know that we need to get down to work with our brain and solve problems which will in turn bring prosperity.
But then which brain are we going to use right now? The one that has been indoctrinated to only believe in prayers?
what we have is a leadership problem ,if you remove all the churches and mosques it won't change anything except we have pragmatic leaders at the helm.
Nigeria is blessed with talented and resourceful individuals but the government and its policies make a mess of everything.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Owutuotuo(m): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2023
eagleonearth:
where in the Bible did men pray with their heads covered? Why did Paul who was so versatile with the law advise the Corinthian church to have the men's head covered while praying?? Read 1st Corinthians 11 thoroughly.

Read Exodus 28. Emphasis on verse 4
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by eagleonearth(m): 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
Owutuotuo:

Read Exodus 28. Emphasis on verse 4

that is a description for a priestly attire. In the old testament a priest goes into the holy of holies on behalf of others to commune directly with God. Now we have high priest, Jesus who have torn the garment of separation so no need for such attire again. Anywhere you see it, it's just symbolic. It's wrong for men to pray with their heads covered.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Xclusivenaija24: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2023
Very good.... Get more updates on https://www.xclusivenaija.com
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by IyfeNamikaze(m): 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
Reality3080:
God bless u very much

Imagine someone up there saying they have a school for speaking in tongues

Imagine what these charlatans in robe have turned Christianity to for crying out loud
Most of the "Men of God" this days don't that they are very much like the Pharisees that Christ criticized.

Listen to what Jesus said to his the Crowds and his disciples concerning the Scribes and the Pharisees in Mathew 23: 1-12 and tell me of don't see the similarities

From the Good news bible translation:
Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples. ²"The teachers of the Law and the Pharisees are the authorized interpreters of Moses' Law. ³So you must obey and follow everything they tell you to do; do not, however, imitate their actions, because they don't practice what they preach. ⁴They tie on to people's backs loads that are heavy and hard to carry, yet they aren't willing even to lift a finger to help them carry those loads. ⁵THEY DO EVERYTHING SO THAT PEOPLE WILL SEE THEM. LOOK AT THE STRAPS WITH SCRIPTURE VERSES ON THEM WHICH THEY WEAR ON THEIR FOREHEADS AND ARMS, AND NOTICE HOW LARGE THEY ARE! NOTICE ALSO HOW LONG ARE THE TASSLES ON THEIR CLOAKS! ⁶They love the best places at feasts AND THE RESERVED SEATS AT THE SYNAGOGUE; ⁷THEY LOVE TO BE GREETED WITH RESPECT IN THE MARKET PLACES AND TO BE CALLED 'TEACHER'. ⁸ You must not be called 'Teacher', because you are all members of one family and have only one Teacher. ⁹ And you must not call anyone here on earth 'FATHER', because you have only the one Father in heaven.¹⁰ Nor should you be called 'Leader', because your one and only leader is the Messiah. ¹¹ THE GREATEST ONE AMONG YOU MUST BE YOUR SERVANT. ¹² Whoever makes himself great will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be made great.

This verses in the bible highlights the characters of most of the Men of God today.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by DrDunamis(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
OluwaLina1:

Hmmm...
I for just read commot face...
But make I sha talk...
From your post, it's quite unclear how your character as ab individual is, but I'm here thinking 🤔 you went to church and didn't comprehend what was going on, instead of you to ask the right questions there to recieve enlightenment or clarity, you bring the matter come here...
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by Owutuotuo(m): 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2023
eagleonearth:
that is a description for a priestly attire. In the old testament a priest goes into the holy of holies on behalf of others to commune directly with God. Now we have high priest, Jesus who have torn the garment of separation so no need for such attire again. Anywhere you see it, it's just symbolic. It's wrong for men to pray with their heads covered.

Lol. If you’re not a priest as a Christian, what then are you? Yes, Jesus is out High Priest and the veil is torn once and for all. That’s why I said, what to wear and what not to wear are doctrinal issues, with the baseline being moderacy.
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by elonize(m): 8:24am On Jul 04, 2023
HydraFeeds:
People that grew up in “old” Pentecostal church like TAC and CAC consider it a sin that a female wear trouser ,use powder ,wear ear rings etc . Therefore they find it odd that when they see other Pentecostal churches do all these and most time consider them odd/not holy enough to make heaven etc .

One of the disadvantages of breaking away from Catholic Church is that everyone has their own doctrine but consider other doctrines not acceptable to God . Neglecting the fact that culture have great effects on biblical lifestyle and other doctrine lifestyles.

Imagine saying a woman should not wear supposed men’s cloth and vice versa but some cultures like the Arab have their men wearing gown ,Scotland and some Scandinavian and South South people of Nigeria have their men wearing robe which apparently belongs to women in most other culture .

One of the reasons I let go of religion is because everyone is claiming to be right and the probability of one of them being right is negligible because high percentage of people will be on the losing side and I wonder why an omniscient God will create people just to make them lose in the long run .
which disadvantage, like Catholic nor get their doctrine which dey imposed with d sword
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by elonize(m): 8:26am On Jul 04, 2023
Truthday:
In the next 50-100 years Christianity will be odd itself. Christianity rules is defined by the odds of society.

When the society was sane, the Christianity was sane. As society started changing with odds so do Christianity.

Very soon LGBT will be norm too.

When TV came, some said it's devil box, today they use it in all their churches. Sane with phone and social media. This is rvide6that wr cannot define Good or bad, my mere judgement of our head only. But This is what we have today

And that's the problem of a people without rules or standard. That's why Islam 6just beautiful. With rules and standard. The modalities, practises of the mosque is same and not modernity will change it. It's Good, because the rule will prevent odds of society.
Islam is beautiful till u use mistake insult Mohammed...u nogo cm.online again😂😂
Re: Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd by elonize(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2023
Emaprince:
This is what modern pastors have used to scam and deceive people. Amd this this what people, especially our youths and women love to hear. That's why you see a lot of crowd in these churches cos they don't want to hear the truth which will scare them. They want a pastor that will assure them that dressing on a mini skirt doesn't matter, but what you have in the heart.

How can you dress in a way that is secually provocative if your intention isn't to get attention?

Are you going to church for fashion or to serve God?

Honestly I feel that these people are deceiving themselves. It's better to sit at home and go to church when you truly mean to serve God.
but in d end,u can't server God frm home

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

‘BSC In Law’ Graduate, Vera Anyim Storms Dunamis Church In Port Harcourt / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? / Anambra Pastor Found With Fetish Objects And People's Names In His House (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.