Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) (19753 Views)

How Long Did You Learn Driving. / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Gagare1(m): 3:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
Barely two weeks. After that I loaded passengers from Kano to Zuba and back (same day oh). If the passengers knew that I started driving two weeks ago, them for no dey sleep, especially on return journey (night)

If you board a commercial vehicle on a journey, just pray hard. The driver might just be a learner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Prenonjebose: 3:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
One day. Never used the L sign
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by CaptainFM1: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
23years and I'm still learning.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Pat081: 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2023
jeromestarks:
My sister spent 3 weeks. After that, she used learner's tag (L) for another one week.

Now, she says she can drive anything anywhere anyhow 😁.

How long did it take you?

@nlfpmod
Me na one-day oo the person that teaches me na soja so I learned it fast and the second day he asks me to drive from kogi to halfway to ondo state since then I can drive to any state noe
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by LOVEGINO(m): 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2023
1 fucking day. My 1st car was manual. I drove 10km on gear1 n burn top casket. D car over heat sotey I pity am.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Georgekyrian(m): 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
I bought new car, learn it for 2 hours and drive on but I scratched it same day
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Caseless: 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
JeffreyD1:

After washing my bro car 1 day I drived it naso I start o lol

Now I can't drive manual
Manual is important.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Caseless: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Georgekyrian:
I bought new car, learn it for 2 hours and drive on but I scratched it same day
The confidence from "it's my own" is enough to get you going from day one. If you're driving what's not yours, that's where you make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
jeromestarks:
My sister spent 3 weeks. After that, she used learner's tag (L) for another one week.

@nlfpmod

It takes a lot of skill park a car on a rooftop as in your sample pic cheesy

I learned to drive in a week (manual gearbox stick). I was on Jss3 holiday. Driving is 90% psychological and 10% practice
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Joshkid(m): 3:17pm On Jul 02, 2023
A SINGLE DAY
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Goldbw122(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

@nlfpmod

She can't drive on highway yet.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by tayo60(f): 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
Need someone to buy me a car cry cry cry
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by mployer(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
2 hours.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by kay29000(m): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
This thread reminds me of back when I was a teenager... Around 17...i had these two female friends I met at a jamb lesson... They were like 2 years younger, but became my friend cos of my younger cousin that was around their age. After my cousin left my house, they remained my friends.

One day, I was having a party at my place and invited them over. So, when they got to my house and I opened the gate for them, I asked how they got to my place, the one I was closer to said it was her sister that drove them down, and she pointed to one sky blue coloured Volvo 240 driving away...i caught sight of the girl, and I won't lie, I fell in love grin

See black and beautiful 16-17 year old girl handling a Volvo when I never sabi drive, and we're around the same age. I later became her friend and she told me her dad taught her how to drive at 13 shocked

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Lekan239(m): 3:40pm On Jul 02, 2023
1 day with manual car. The next day I bought my car and put L. After 1 month wen my driver licence is ready, I carry my wife and my kid go lag from Ondo..

My experience, driving in express is easier and safer than City driving

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by greatefa1011(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Just two days. But I used my own car to learn.Nothing like tag. I manage jammed one ugly taxi with no backlight at all. It cost me 2500 to repairhis car. Since then no more story God helping me. It's over 12yrs ago we still de cruise de go.
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by CartelKenneth: 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
diogo23:
24 hours

My own 24 seconds
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by KingLennon(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2023
GorgeousAF:
8 days....30 minutes for each day!!!
Because we dey keep quiet no mean say we go accept every thing o sad
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Netmuch(m): 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
I just grab the car and start driving...although me and ilorin taxi driver are co driver before I get my car ...gbogbo ashiri driving won ni mo study at teen....less I forget too.need for speed PS1....

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Juniorangel(m): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
3 days although it was automatic gear
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by MrBroke(m): 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2023
MrBroke No Car Can't Drive can only be a passenger grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Sunkanni(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2023
Manual car= 3Weeks(Mine)
Automatic Car=1Week (My Wife)
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by saintruky(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2023
Few hours... Na i carry car enter lagos road... Omo i get mind die
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Brushstrokes20: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
Chai! I'm seemingly the odd person on this thread.... cool

Had to finally sell my cars after several attempts at driving them proved abortive !
Those RECKLESS / dare devil TRAILER drivers often sends me to PANIC MODE grin....
My friends mocks me till date for lacking the confidence / audacity to drive🀣.... And e dey pain me wella.
Even if I later manage to drive, I'll AVOID 3RD MAINLAND bridge grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by BTCog: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
RawBitterTruth:
Clean infinix Note 11 x663 for sale

Android 12,16MP front,50MP rear Tripple camera
4+3 GB RAM
128GB ROM

Market value is 150k

Post the receipt and your ID card
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
Nobody taught me how to drive
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Anonymoususher: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
For me I think it only took one lesson on the street to learn to drive.

My friend owns a car and he drives us to work. I always sit in front with him everyday and I watch him drive.

When it was time for me to buy my own car, before it arrived I was nervous so first thing I did was to go on YouTube to learn how to drive, HelpfulDY channel was really helpful, I watched a lot of videos and also video of a young boy and her siblings that took their parent's car on the high way for the first time, it boosted my moral, next I went on play store and download Dr. Driving game (as seen in the picture)... Mehnnn that game really helped me ooooo.

When my car arrived, I begged my friend to put me through and he just showed me how to move front and backwards (I was already used to it in the game) it took 30mins and he went back home but I stayed on the road for more than 5hrs practicing, on the empty road because it was on a Sunday. I practice even parking and reversing and when I was satisfied, I drove home.

I bought the car for hire purchase so I gave it to my driver to continue and I pleaded with my friend to allow me his keys to practice. So in the money while he is sleeping I will take his car, wash it and after that I will practice round with it, I did that for 2wks and on two occasions went to highway.

One month after my driver wanted to run with my car because he wasn't picking my calls and wasn't delivering, I have a tracker installed so I turned off the ignition and took bolt with a friend to where he was at lakowe, collected my keys and for the first time I drove for long, all the way from lakowe to Okoko. Then the next day I drove from Okoko to sango ota to see a friend..... Since then it's been history

3 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by TheGift: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

@nlfpmod

I would say four days! But I can actually say four hours.

The first day I used one hour lesson to learn how to start , stop and change gears depending on speed (it was a manual car)

The second day I used less than an hour to learn how to start and stop on a steep hill - by balancing the clutch with the accelerator and breaks ( remember it was a manual car, for those m of you who learnt with or who only know automatic cars.

The third day I used another hour or less to learn how to reverse on a straight road and into bends on my right and on my left.

The fourth day, I took the car keys and went on the road all by myself to gain my confidence , and I have been driving ever since.

I think one can learn how to drive in a day. Just break it down into four lessons of one hour each- with breaks in between.

The real learning is when you actually get on the road with other road users - including pedestrians.

I never used a Learners sign but it is advisable that learners do.

Good luck!
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by phemmyfour: 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

@nlfpmod
Never learn, I got better with it.

Driving is like teaching, the more you teach, the better you are at delivery
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Herkim(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2023
6days
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by Edusouls(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Me nor even learn
Na one day as a stubborn child I reach my elder sister house...she nor dey house
I carry her husband motor begin match Am follow street

Na so news reach her say me don dey cruise her husband motor
She begin call me for

Drive for one hour...the next week I do am again...unfortunately this time around I break the side mirror...my sister husband nor even talk
Don't know why men knows how to tolerate the family of their wife
but u know say u Dey very stupid?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Drive? (Picture) by jeromestarks: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2023
TheGift:

I would say four days! But I can actually say four hours.

The first day I used one hour lesson to learn how to start , stop and change gears depending on speed (it was a manual car)

The second day I used less than an hour to learn how to start and stop on a steep hill.

The third day I used another hour or less to learn how to reverse on a straight road and into bends on my right and on my left.

The fourth day, I took the car keys and went on the road all by myself to gain my confidence , and I have been driving ever since.

I think one can learn how to drive in a day. Just break it down into four lessons of one hour each. With breaks in between.

The real learning is when you actually get on the road with other road users - including pedestrians.

I never used a Learners sign but it is advisable the learners do.

Good luck!

You try.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Engine Light And How Do I Resolve? / Elite Cars Repopulate Nigerian Streets As Economy Booms / Automatic Transmission: Do Their Benefits Outweigh Their Issues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.