Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,513 members, 7,836,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? (314 Views)

Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Below is the old thread I opened concerning the same matter.

https://www.nairaland.com/7401130/unavailability-result-what-chances-sue

I understand that in many cases before you live in Nigeria, you may have to die first, and come back to live. Otherwise you may not see life to live. I have made up my mind to do something nasty in the University of Calabar this new week until my cry is heard - a harmless protest.

You all can remember me through the thread link above when I complained about the school withholding/delaying the release of my result for no justifiable reasons or fault traced to me as a person.

Could you believe that till now, the issue has not been resolved and I am still left stranded in life?

I have been kicked around like football. The department would kick me to the DVC - Academics and the DVC-Academics would kick me back to the department. They toss me around like a dice for no fault of mine, forgetting I have a future I am fighting for and I come from a family where expectation is very high.

There's no notable personnel in the institution I haven't met concerning the matter except the VC herself. Like I said, I have met the DVC-academics 5 times over the matter, have written to her and followed up with a reminder. I have written to the VC and copied Dean Students' Affairs, Dean of the Faculty, HOD and exam officer of the department. I have met Head of Legal Unit of the institution, I have met Head of Result of the institution, I have met the Registrar of the institution, all to help intervene and bring solution to the matter, and still 4 years since graduation I have not been released.

Sadly, I have really suffered with no one caring for me. My family has given up on me. People around think I never went to school, was only fooling everyone all the while that I was in school. What about the job opportunities I have missed the past years? What about hunger and lack I have faced over the years? What about frustration, depression and suicidal thought I am currently battling?

Aside the little support I had from brothers and sisters, I barbed in the day and did security job at night to see myself through school and when I was supposed to move ahead in life, I get stuck for almost 4 years now.

For clarification, I played my own part by meeting all requirements expected of me as a student of the institution. I paid school fees and the necesaary dues, I attended lectures, I wrote class assessment, I wrote exams and did everything as required. Why then is the school frustrating my life 4 years after school? Is 4 years not enough to even finish another programme?

Sadly, this is another bad side of being a Nigerian and living in Nigeria. If it is where institutions work, this case should be settled by court now. But what are my chances of winning after adjournment upon adjournment?

Think of how annoying it is to see people who were in 200 or 300level when you poured water all over your body in celebration for graduation, they would be cleared and mobilized for NYSC while you who graduated 2 or years before them are still stuck.

As it stands now, my cry must be heard. I have informed the Chief Security Officer of the institution of my intention to carry out a lone protest in the school. Although the man is trying to dissuade me but nothing can dissuade me until I am let go. I don't know how it would go but whatever would be the consequences, I'm ready for it. I have died already, so I am no longer afraid of death. Even if it will require me stripping completely naked in protest, I'm ready to do it and I mean it. I'm sure if it gets to that point, pictures and videos will get here, sure.

Whoever is sitting on my result and frustrating my life 4 years must release me.

I would appreciate your candid advice on this before the protest.

Note: I am not the only one in this unfortunate situation as we are many. But I have seen that not everyone is committed to the matter with same mind. So I want to carry my own cross by myself.

Thanks for your time.

PS. I need human right lawyers and activists

1 Like

Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
I need your contribution in this matter.
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by yinkkus: 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
Human Rights , Ministry of Education , Ministry of Sports and youth development or Ministry for women affairs (If a lady).
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
Thanks.
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
More contributions
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by Finger5(m): 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
This is a matter that you would have settled with a (3 day fasting and prayer) long ago. Remember that the spiritual controls the physical.. try it and come back with your testimony.
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
Finger5:
This is a matter that you would have settled with a (3 day fasting and prayer) long ago. Remember that the spiritual controls the physical.. try it and come back with your testimony.

I have prayed and prayed over it.
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by doggedfighter(f): 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
Finger5:

Keep quiet !

Fasting and prayer ko
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by bluemansion: 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
UNICAL and bad news is like 5&6
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
AreaGovo:
I need your contribution in this matter.

I thought you were told then in 2022 to seek legal advice?

Why didn't you follow that option?
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by Imattertoo: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2023
This is actually sad and a violation to your rights.

Where are the human right lawyers and activists when you need them?
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

I thought you were told then in 2022 to seek legal advice?

Why didn't you follow that option?

Sir, I don't know if you mean taking them to court. If that is the case, I was seriously being discouraged knowing the system we are in in the country. Plus they keep promising the matter will soon be resolved.

Looking at all the people I have listed, you should know I never rested concerning the issue.

1 Like

Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
Seun, Mynd44, Nlfpmod etc, please you guys should help me push this to front page.

1 Like

Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2023
Mods please do the needul today
Re: What I Want To Do In UNICAL This New Week. What Do You Advise? by AreaGovo: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2023
Good morning to you all.

(1) (Reply)

The Decline Of The Nigerian Middle Class / NOW And THEN Life. / Academically , the UK Is Overrated- Techie Give Reasons!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.