Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. (2947 Views)

See Why Some Believers Don’t Accept The Theory Of Evolution / The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Workch: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2023
paxonel:
I know!

Atleast let them be aware that Europe who imported the religion to Africa are currently doing very well now, while Africa practicing the same religion is lagging behind for this same reason
those things don't matter with someone without brain. Do you think that they are not seeing it?
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by paxonel(m): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
vdestro:

See, the bold, is it not contradictory? Did the theory not say homosapiens evolved to homoerectus, which they say is man?
no!

Homoerectus was a primitive version of homosapien having smaller brain and lower intelligence, but they were able stand perfectly erect like homosapiens
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Techobeys: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2023
Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. I really appreciate it.

So your points are these:

1. Abiogenesis is logical yet there’s no evidence for it.
2. Plane came first bc the blast of chemical reaction that occurred made CO2 available.

So here are my follow up question with respect to your points.

1. Since we think abiogenesis is true even though we have no evidence to prove it, does that means abiogenesis is merely a belief we accept to be true without any reasonable evidence? Does that mean we’re employing religious system of belief to establish it?

2. Do you realise that there billion possible combinations of atmospheric gases yet the single one that can allow human to exist came to be.
—-Do you realise that if plants had already existed before animals and humans, they will destabilise the atmospheric CO2, making it impossible for humans & animals to exist. How do you think we came to exist?

Workch:
yes, abiogenesis has to be the cause of life logically, because life cannot just keep popping from another life ad-infinitum, however, we still do not understand the mechanism hence still don't have evidence for it
I don't know what this got to do with abiogenesis but Carbon dioxide (CO2) has been present in the atmosphere since the Earth condensed from a ball of hot gases following its formation from the explosion of a huge star about five billion years ago. The availability of carbondioxide is the natural selection that caused the first photosynthetic oraganims (archeans) and plants to emanate. These photosynthetic oraganims then release oxygen into the atmosphere that later caused animals to evolve.
plants came first bec2 the chemical reactions from the formation of earth and volcanic activities already made carbondioxide available for plants to thrive.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by paxonel(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2023
Workch:
those things don't matter with someone without brain. Do you think that they are not seeing it?
who say they don't have brain?

Possibly, some of them might just begin to think over it and decides to carry out full investigation
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by LordReed(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2023
vdestro:

See, the bold, is it not contradictory? Did the theory not say homosapiens evolved to homoerectus, which they say is man?

No, that's not what the theory says.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Workch: 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
Techobeys:

exactly, no evidence for it. Just like it's logical that aliens exist elsewhere based in probabilities but we can't still find thr evidence because are limited by technology. We are limited by many things to actually find the mechanism that abiogenesis took.
2. Plane came first bc the blast of chemical reaction that occurred made CO2 available.

yes

1. Since we think abiogenesis is true even though we have no evidence to prove it, does that means abiogenesis is merely a belief we accept to be true without any reasonable evidence? Does that mean we’re employing religious system of belief to establish it?
we don't think abiogenesis is true. Don't get it wrong.
Abiogenesis is a hypothesis, an educated guess that is very plausible. In science, hypothesis are not taken as truth until evidence is available to test it. So abiogenesis is smart guess but it's not fact yet.
Don't misconstrue it.

2. Do you realise that there billion possible combinations of atmospheric gases yet the single one that can allow human to exist came to be.
nope, combination of Gases did not make humans exist, it made the first organism to exist. The constant change in this combination gave rise to other organisms that posses the features to adapt to the environment inlcuodng humans.
—-Do you realise that if plants had already existed before animals and humans, they will destabilise the atmospheric CO2, making it impossible for humans & animals to exist. How do you think we came to exist?

Do you actually understand the rudiments of evolution or do you mind if I explain it do you?
I'm asking because you are sounding so naive about how it works

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Workch: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2023
Techobeys:

I don't see how the existence of plants and the destabilization of CO2 would mean thsy animals cannot exist.
Animals would not have existed in an atmosphere that is over-concentrated with CO2. The emergence of plants was the reason why the CO2 drop and concomitantly releasing oxygen that enabled the existence of animals.

Look at it this way: if you have a tank filled with CO2 only, if a plant capable of surviving emerges, it will start photosynthezing hence to release oxygen. The oxygen release by the plants will be what will enable the emergence of animals.
Then the animals will start production CO2 in return to make sure that the CO2 in the tank is not exhausted so the plants can also survive as well.

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Techobeys: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
You’re only imagining these things in your head. You’re only imagining that CO2 was so much in the atmosphere at one point. This imagination will hinder you from thinking straight my friend. Have you thought that perhaps, CO2 have always been the same?

Can see how you’re creating a scenario in your head and assuming that that is how life started? A tank full of CO2 as if CO2 is the only gas in existence.

Workch:

I don't see how the existence of plants and the destabilization of CO2 would mean thsy animals cannot exist.
Animals would not have existed in an atmosphere that is over-concentrated with CO2. The emergence of plants was the reason why the CO2 drop and concomitantly releasing oxygen that enabled the existence of animals.

Look at it this way: if you have a tank filled with CO2 only, if a plant capable of surviving emerges, it will start photosynthezing hence to release oxygen. The oxygen release by the plants will be what will enable the emergence of animals.
Then the animals will start production CO2 in return to make sure that the CO2 in the tank is not exhausted so the plants can also survive as well.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Techobeys: 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
Since you’ve said abiogenesis is not the truth, are you consenting that it’s a lie. This only truth and lie. There’s nothing like educated guess in reality. Something either exists or it doesn’t.

Also, the idea that aliens exists is ridiculous. It’s for children. I think those who believe it have just watched too many cartoon to think efficiently.

Lastly, I’m telling you that it’ll be impossible for humans to exists if plant had already existed. This goes beyond evolution.

Workch:
exactly, no evidence for it. Just like it's logical that aliens exist elsewhere based in probabilities but we can't still find thr evidence because are limited by technology. We are limited by many things to actually find the mechanism that abiogenesis took.
yes

we don't think abiogenesis is true. Don't get it wrong.
Abiogenesis is a hypothesis, an educated guess that is very plausible. In science, hypothesis are not taken as truth until evidence is available to test it. So abiogenesis is smart guess but it's not fact yet.
Don't misconstrue it.

nope, combination of Gases did not make humans exist, it made the first organism to exist. The constant change in this combination gave rise to other organisms that posses the features to adapt to the environment inlcuodng humans.
Do you actually understand the rudiments of evolution or do you mind if I explain it do you?
I'm asking because you are sounding so naive about how it works
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Workch: 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
Techobeys:
Since you’ve said abiogenesis is not the truth, are you consenting that it’s a lie. This only truth and lie. There’s nothing like educated guess in reality. Something either exists or it doesn’t.

Also, the idea that aliens exists is ridiculous. It’s for children. I think those who believe it have just watched too many cartoon to think efficiently.

Lastly, I’m telling you that it’ll be impossible for humans to exists if plant had already existed. This goes beyond evolution.

show me where I specifically said abiogenesis is a lie?

You re even finding hard to differentiate abiogenesis from evolution probably because you didn't get proper education
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Workch: 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2023
Techobeys:
You’re only imagining these things in your head. You’re only imagining that CO2 was so much in the atmosphere at one point. This imagination will hinder you from thinking straight my friend. Have you thought that perhaps, CO2 have always been the same?
the evidence suggest that CO2 was enormous. It's common sense.
Did you pass chemistry in school?
Do you understand how supernova works and formation of planers?
We have seen planet forming using telescopes. Try educating yourself on it

Can see how you’re creating a scenario in your head and assuming that that is how life started? A tank full of CO2 as if CO2 is the only gas in existence.

I'm just giving an example. If it's that's not how it Happened. It's still doesn't mean that Adam and Eve story Bible is true.
It's a lie and all evidence points towards that Adam and eve story never happened sir

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Techobeys: 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
I actually do have a BSc. Industrial Chemistry so I know about these things more than you can imagine. I find them ridiculously flawed and that’s why I’m questioning you. How does supernova works pls? And who’s the “we” who has seen planets form?

I don’t think it was reasonable for you to bring the Adam and Eve story into this discussion. I’m simply questioning you about your idea using reasoning and proper analysis of whatever postulate you believe.

When the time for Adam and Eve comes, I’ll notify you and you can start to ask the questions then.

Workch:
the evidence suggest that CO2 was enormous. It's common sense.
Did you pass chemistry in school?
Do you understand how supernova works and formation of planers?
We have seen planet forming using telescopes. Try educating yourself on it

I'm just giving an example. If it's that's not how it Happened. It's still doesn't mean that Adam and Eve story Bible is true.
It's a lie and all evidence points towards that Adam and eve story never happened sir
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Techobeys: 11:33pm On Jul 05, 2023
I didn’t say you said abiogenesis is a lie. I’m simply saying that if you say it’s not the truth, then you’re indirectly admitting that it’s false. There’s no in-between between truth and false, it’s either this or the other. If something is not true, then it’s false.

I don’t think I have mistaken abiogenesis and Evolution. I think you’re not understanding my text and I’m sorry about that. Texting can be crazy sometimes.

Workch:
show me where I specifically said abiogenesis is a lie?

You re even finding hard to differentiate abiogenesis from evolution probably because you didn't get proper education
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Workch: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2023
Techobeys:
I didn’t say you said abiogenesis is a lie. I’m simply saying that if you say it’s not the truth, then you’re indirectly admitting that it’s false. There’s no in-between between truth and false, it’s either this or the other. If something is not true, then it’s false.
Don't you think that an option of I don't know if it's true or false exist?
Don't be streamlined with the way you reason.

I don’t think I have mistaken abiogenesis and Evolution. I think you’re not understanding my text and I’m sorry about that. Texting can be crazy sometimes.

the topic is about evolution and not abiogenesis. They are two different topics.
Abiogenesis is a strawman that is not even the actual topic. The actual topic is evolution
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Workch: 1:08am On Jul 06, 2023
Techobeys:
I actually do have a BSc. Industrial Chemistry so I know about these things more than you can imagine. I find them ridiculously flawed and that’s why I’m questioning you. How does supernova works pls? And who’s the “we” who has seen planets form?
if you understand how supernova works, then you should not be asking me.
Since you understand how it works, can you kindly discuss the problems you have with the idea of supernova it can created a planet. I will love to hear from you.

I don’t think it was reasonable for you to bring the Adam and Eve story into this discussion. I’m simply questioning you about your idea using reasoning and proper analysis of whatever postulate you believe.
I know that's where you are going to, because it's the only alternative idea most people, especially Christians who have issue with evolution or abiogenesis try to sell.

When the time for Adam and Eve comes, I’ll notify you and you can start to ask the questions then.

Bro, You will observe that I am ignoring a lot of people on this thread because they are just bent on baseless argument. The moment I observe that one is a foolish person who always argue baselessly and never stays in th topic, I will ignore the person. I am here to debate substance and not argue with scientifically illiterate people who will never grasp basic concepts.
It's difficult to win an argument with an intelligent but it's impossible to win an argument against a fooool. You know why? Fooolll don't change their mind, they are just bent on arguing and validating their opinion irrespective. So I don't even bother arguing with one.

The reason why I'm saying this is because you have started showing gross misunderstanding of the actual concept we are discussing and you are assumming that you understand it hence the reason you are asking me many irrelevant questions that do not really relate to the topic: the topic is evolution, you have taken me to abiogenesis and the formation of planet and supernova, I don't have strength for the endless back and forth you are about starting. I don't want to think that you re a foooll because the purpose of argument is to learn and not to drive your own opinon. If you don't know the difference between Evolution and abiogenesis, you can browse reliable sources on Google, we don't have to argue about it.

Since you will never agree with me on this topic, I want to know what you think about thr Adam and Eve story (which is still a topic related to evolution since its the alternative that biblical literalists from Africa see as an alternative) from the Bible, probably maybe you can change my mind.

After this comment, if you don't stay on the topic and discuss it exhaustive by actually researching about it on Google before you make any comment, you will observe that you may not get responses from me anymore.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by MightySparrow: 1:29am On Jul 06, 2023
LordReed:

Add to that a lack of understanding of what the theory entails. Most Christians who don't understand the theory rather get their information from apologists who often misrepresent the theory. Thankfully when I was still a Christian I decided to understand the theory for myself even though I still believed that the god created all life as we know them today.

Theory simply means that the truth about an idea is not known or understood. A model is proposed and evidences are sought to ascertain the verity of the idea. A Christianity was drummed and became a culture, science is gradually taking over in Europe.
It will, the Bible says towards the end, knowledge shall increase. We in Africa are still poor in mind. We rely majorly on the spiritual to solve real and imaginary problems.
I don't see us changing our views any time soon as our lives depend spiritual not science.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 3:11am On Jul 06, 2023
LordReed:

No, that's not what the theory says.

These people say it is with these very pictures and i certainly do remember that was what we were all taught in intergrated science and biology.

YourGenome
www.yourgenome.org
Evolution of modern humans – YourGenome
21 Jul 2021 — Modern humans originated in Africa within the past 200,000 years and evolved from their most likely recent common ancestor, Homo erectus, which ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.yourgenome.org/stories/evolution-of-modern-humans/&ved=2ahUKEwiE_a6I__j_AhVNFcAKHZxTAMkQFnoECDEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2-AKog2phGrrki-hDumt3E

And of course we all remember those pictures.

Come to think of it, we are always seeing the evolution of men, what of the ones of the women, abi women no dey?
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 3:28am On Jul 06, 2023
paxonel:
no!

Homoerectus was a primitive version of homosapien having smaller brain and lower intelligence, but they were able stand perfectly erect like homosapiens

Ok. I did not care to know which is earlier or later, i only remember those 2 names, and that is not the point i wanted you to address.

My point was, you said man "did not evolve from them" plus man evolved from them

paxonel:
The theory says man have a common ancestor with these creatures, not that man evolved from them
that's what it suggest!
And, according the theory, homosapien being the most recently EVOLVED PRIMATE

Is this not contradictory?
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 3:36am On Jul 06, 2023
paxonel:
I know!
Atleast let them be aware that Europe who imported the religion to Africa are currently doing very well now, while Africa practicing the same religion is lagging behind for this same reason

So, as Europe is practicing the religion of gender confusion and madness, Africans should follow them?

Or as they are shooting themselves in the malls and streets and schools, Africans should follow them?

O Lord, please do come and burn this world as you planned to do. Madness is everywhere.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:05am On Jul 06, 2023
vdestro:

These people say it is with these very pictures and i certainly do remember that was what we were all taught in intergrated science and biology.

YourGenome
www.yourgenome.org
21 Jul 2021 — Modern humans originated in Africa within the past 200,000 years and evolved from their most likely recent common ancestor, Homo erectus, which ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.yourgenome.org/stories/evolution-of-modern-humans/&ved=2ahUKEwiE_a6I__j_AhVNFcAKHZxTAMkQFnoECDEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2-AKog2phGrrki-hDumt3E

Come to think of it, we are always seeing the evolution of men, what of the ones of the women, abi women no dey?

That is scientific myth
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:07am On Jul 06, 2023
vdestro:

So, as Europe is practicing the religion of gender confusion and madness, Africans should follow them?

Or as they are shooting themselves in the malls and streets and schools, Africans should follow them?

O Lord, please do come and burn this world as you planned to do. Madness is everywhere.

Lordreed
Maynment
Worksh
Jaephoenix

They want to belong and take sides with the white men tale to make them look wise
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 5:18am On Jul 06, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Lordreed
Maynment
Worksh
Jaephoenix

They want to belong and take sides with the white men tale to make them look wise

Problem is many Africans stupidly think that the whiteman is wise in spite of how miserable and unhappy they are. Well, the good thing is that all of them becone unhappy and miserable just as their whitemen gods are.

And clearly without doubt, whitemen are their gods and their ways, their religion. So, in the end, they are still religious! Hahahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 5:29am On Jul 06, 2023
Aemmyjah:

That is scientific myth

It is not even a myth.

It is a very wicked diversionary lie created by satan and his children to remove people from seeing the only firmly standing real eyeity, which they have always seen from the beginning of the world, that God is truly The Owner and Creator of the world.

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by LordReed(m): 5:36am On Jul 06, 2023
vdestro:

Problem is many Africans stupidly think that the whiteman is wise in spite of how miserable and unhappy they are. Well, the good thing is that all of them becone unhappy and miserable just as their whitemen gods are.

And clearly without doubt, whitemen are their gods and their ways, their religion. So, in the end, they are still religious! Hahahahahaha grin

LoLz! Says the guy whose god was brought to him by "whitemen". Bwahahahahaha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by LordReed(m): 5:39am On Jul 06, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Lordreed
Maynment
Worksh
Jaephoenix

Who brought your god to you, was it not "white men"? LMFAO!

BTW remind me how many Africans are in your organisation's top leadership?

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 5:40am On Jul 06, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! Says the guy whose god was brought to him by "whitemen". Bwahahahahaha!

We already had God! And God just used the white strangers to correct our errorrs. After that He discarded them and now we are continuing with Him, with or without the white postman.
Hehehehehe grin

2 Likes

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by LordReed(m): 5:42am On Jul 06, 2023
vdestro:

We already had God! And God just used the white strangers to correct our errorrs. After that He discarded them and now we are continuing with Him, with or without the white postman. grin

LMAO! Which god did you have before the "white postman"?

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by paxonel(m): 5:43am On Jul 06, 2023
vdestro:

you are jumping into what has nothing to do with this thread.
Moreover, gender confusion or whatever, isn't religion

you should rather be concern with your security in the North and South East.
You cannot come and compare the security structure in most Europian countries with what is obtainable in tropical Africa

O Lord, please do come and burn this world as you planned to do.
waoo!
Interesting grin grin

Madness is everywhere.
we know!

But in Africa, it combines with tribalism, poverty, insecurity, illiteracy, hunger, job insecurity, electoral fraud, corruption, underdevepment poor schools and religious intolerance
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 5:45am On Jul 06, 2023
LordReed:

LMAO! Which god did you have before the "white postman"?

There is no other God, but God before the whitepostman came.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by LordReed(m): 5:45am On Jul 06, 2023
vdestro:

YourGenome
www.yourgenome.org

Where in any of this does it say homo erectus came from homo sapien?

Like you don't know man refers to the human species in general.
Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by LordReed(m): 5:46am On Jul 06, 2023
vdestro:

There is no other God, but God before the whitepostman came.

Name the god you had before the "white postman" came. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: How Different Regional Christians Accept The Theory Of Evolution. by vdestro: 5:48am On Jul 06, 2023
paxonel:
you are jumping into what has nothing to do with this thread.
Moreover, gender confusion or whatever, isn't religion.

You brought it in by saying that Africans are not following the Europeans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why The Christian God Is Impossible / Jesus Reveals Himself / 5 Nights Of Glory 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.