Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall (63026 Views)

Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today / Flood Alert: Edo, Edo, Anambra, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa Warned By Agency (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Onyi90(m): 12:27am On Jul 06, 2023
ManWater:
As Usual, they will not relocate until the floods eventually come.
Don't blame them too much though, it's not easy to relocate.

Relocate to where?

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by TemplarLandry: 12:38am On Jul 06, 2023
Cool cool.
24SEVEN:

I dedicate It's all real by Pitchblack & DJ Premier to them.
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Bigchristo: 12:42am On Jul 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/05/fg-issues-flood-alert-says-14-states-may-record-heavy-rainfall/
na to Dey issues alert, 8yrs no good federal projects
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by 24SEVEN: 12:45am On Jul 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Cool cool.

U enjoyed the jam?
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by TemplarLandry: 12:54am On Jul 06, 2023
It's a cool jam.
24SEVEN:

U enjoyed the jam?
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by 24SEVEN: 1:06am On Jul 06, 2023
TemplarLandry:
It's a cool jam.
Cheers.
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Akinfemmy(m): 1:18am On Jul 06, 2023
NewDea4:

Lagos will be gone within the next fifteen years...the entire Lekki-Ajah down to Dangote's holdings in Ibeju. I bet the refinery and port complex are way higher than sea level though.

Y'all can forget about Parkview, old Ikoyi and the greater part of Victoria Island too; the Chagourys and their tenants will use helicopters to access Atlantic City, they will rename it 'New Lagos'cheesy

Na wa for you people

This hatred you have a place that your people come in droves to. I'm amazed.

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by RighteousDemon: 2:08am On Jul 06, 2023
Streetdoctor:
Helinues wey no get house na to mount gate en Sabi, dis one no concern am at all.
Then for d team "en go favour my family" wey never pay their light bill, I dey see una.
What about team wey dey sell their papa house to do owambe, hope una dey ready

Bro, na Helinues be lordviccodaguru?
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Dididrumz(m): 2:30am On Jul 06, 2023
NAVYdogg:
Hmm, Bayelsa not on this list.

E shock You too, ba?
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by grandstar(m): 3:47am On Jul 06, 2023
Urheadmaster:
It will cost the federal government little or nothing to find ways to take control of flooding away from the affected states in Nigeria but as usual, they'll always be issuing warning with their hands tied up tongue

Several rich countries can't easily control their flooding, its Nigeria that can

This is fuelled by Global Warming. Things are going to get far worse.

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Originalsly: 4:02am On Jul 06, 2023
Giving warning is fine ... but is the FG prepared to give assistance to States that may need help?,.. or is it then they will set up a committee to figure out palliatives? Are the Governors taking steps to prevent flooding and have evacuation plans for flood proned areas? Time will tell.
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Slurity(m): 4:41am On Jul 06, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

Why did they mention Lagos twice

Lagos the overrated state.. ordinary drizzle everywhere is already flooded..

Iheard during rainy season people sell their cars there to get canoe 🛶
most developed countries in the world has natural disasters affecting them. Jealousy has eaten up your sense

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Reference(m): 5:10am On Jul 06, 2023
AjaoEstater:
Good to see Osun is not on there. As the most geographically, ethnically, and culturally diverse country in Africa, we get everything except for snow and earthquake. Nonetheless, we will always have the Best weather in the world when it dry. I am already sick of the rainy season.

Rainy season, our own winter, is my best time of the year. I can't stand the heat global warming has brought on the earth.

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Reference(m): 5:11am On Jul 06, 2023
murtalaa:
Sokoto should not be there. We have seen rainfall only two ot three times this year. Right now, common rain we have not seen let alone flood and our crops are drying up.

Really?. That is worrying. Why?
This is July.
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Reference(m): 5:19am On Jul 06, 2023
Akinfemmy:

Na wa for you people

This hatred you have a place that your people come in droves to. I'm amazed.

What the man is saying is pure science and is true. Lagos Island has no viable long term future due to ocean rise. The cost of protecting the entire island and peninsula from ocean surge will become too high for the taxpayer such that people will rather relocate.

Already sold almost all my holdings there over the past five years and it will all be gone if not the slow down in the economy. I can only speculate on property there now in the most cautious of manners.
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by sulaak(m): 5:26am On Jul 06, 2023
Urheadmaster:
It will cost the federal government little or nothing to find ways to take control of flooding away from the affected states in Nigeria but as usual, they'll always be issuing warning with their hands tied up tongue

Nigerians are hopeless at problem solving

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:30am On Jul 06, 2023
eliyke:
Instead of telling d state government to clear d gutters nd other water ways.as fg dey issue alert nw,say mk d people ready to leave house abi wetin?for dis kind shege economy naim people go carry family relocate..fg nd DSS na so so danger alert Dem dey gv....
Who say make u born 7picking, na your dick or my dick?

Abi me I no get family, how many we dey!
Mmchewwwww
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by Zubi10(m): 5:46am On Jul 06, 2023
See their yeye list n kogi no dey
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by adebayo987: 5:53am On Jul 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/07/05/fg-issues-flood-alert-says-14-states-may-record-heavy-rainfall/
Wrong prediction
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by xperiencelove(m): 6:22am On Jul 06, 2023
eliyke:
Instead of telling d state government to clear d gutters nd other water ways.as fg dey issue alert nw,say mk d people ready to leave house abi wetin?for dis kind shege economy naim people go carry family relocate..fg nd DSS na so so danger alert Dem dey gv....

Next time, when they say flooding, gutters or water ways cannot stop flooding to occur because those land are few centimeters above the sea level including Lagos. That is why flooding occurs everywhere in the world.

Deep well channeled drainage will only allow the overflowed water to dissipate with 12-48 hours after flooding but all adjoined drainages must be well channeled to a particular large and deep river.

I believe NEMA is also prepared just like last year in Bayelsa for rescue mission.
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by TheboyGhost(m): 6:28am On Jul 06, 2023
How come the North is about to flood? 🤔

Tell the truth for once stupid idiots.

Let your citizens for once know the truth.

They are not babies.

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by 77up(m): 6:38am On Jul 06, 2023
Urheadmaster:
while their governors play ludo sad
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by thaoriginator: 6:38am On Jul 06, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Lo, be kind. cheesy. But how he is expecting his family to be favored and other families to be unfavored if they are in the same area.
e be like say dem be mami water for that family 😀

Yeye pikin cry

Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by 77up(m): 6:41am On Jul 06, 2023
Candidlady:
sad

Why did they mention Lagos twice

Lagos the overrated state.. ordinary drizzle everywhere is already flooded..

Iheard during rainy season people sell their cars there to get canoe 🛶
Relocate back to your erosion ravage landlock.
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by duality(m): 6:56am On Jul 06, 2023
The FG should start building dams. Those 10 year flooding that they blame on Cameroon every time needs to stop
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by emekajacobogbon(m): 6:57am On Jul 06, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
No Southeast state why? The flood that occures in Anambra nko? Una won use those state siphon money as parliative.

Marginalization
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2023
Okay
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by ajepako(f): 7:09am On Jul 06, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Ajepako pack comot for your area o, flood is coming

If water carry everywhere go in Lagos, it will never affect my side

Pedro is a joke to you? tongue tongue tongue
Re: FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall by josh4croft(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2023
Flood alert nonsense. If all these states can be flooded, what then happens to Bayelsa? Geographically, Bayelsa is situated on the flood plains of the delta and is having a heavy downpour everyday. Yet the FG see no reason to put Bayelsa on flood alert.

Many areas in Yenagoa capital are already flooded by the steady rainfall.

Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija