Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples (31168 Views)

Poll: Divorce Rate

Yoruba: 73% (105 votes)
Igbo: 26% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Tribalism Among Yoruba People / Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. / Which Is Better: High Bride Price (igbo) & High Divorce Rate (hausa And Yoruba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

Yes very true, But the Yorubas on NL are not any better undecided

Once you have people like seant02, Eko ile, bluetooth and co then You know tribalism has entered that discussion.

Majority of them are not tribalistic but respond to tribalistic post because it is annoying to them as well.

Action (tribalistic post) and reaction (Response)

I really wish they can stop calling yorubas in every discussion but then again knowing them, they would not stop. That does not mean we should go on the attack. Although occasionally they need to be shut up.

U get me

^^^^^^^^^^^^^I know yorruba's are not perfect but do youuuuu blame eko ile or bluetooth whennnnn non-yoruba's start trouuuuble with us^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^I know yoruba's are not perfect but do you blame eko ile or bluetooth when non-yoruba's start trouble with us^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nah, I think they are all to blame including I myself. Ezeuche and Mekus etc we are all part of it.

I am ashamed of it to be honest, But the reality is that Yoruba people are more or less liberal and would not want to shut them up. I guess it just got to a point where someone just had to do it. From then it just spiral out of control. sad sad

But still if they continue the rubbish of insulting Yorubas and Hausa or northerners without a cause then I would be there waiting for them. They know cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

nah, I think they are all to blame including I myself. Ezeuche and Mekus etc we are all part of it.

I am ashamed of it to be honest, But the reality is that Yoruba people are more or less liberal and would not want to shut them up. I guess it just got to a point where someone just had to do it. From then it just spiral out of control. sad sad

But still if they continue the rubbish of insulting Yorubas and Hausa or northerners without a cause then I would be there waiting for them. They know cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Well all the power to you because this needs to stop^^^^^^^^^^the SE should keep to themselves and just leave yoruba out of their problems^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yoruba's have their own issues and don't need outsiders to add to it^^^^^^^^^^^^Once eacg tribe learns how to keep to themselves then you will see these tribal threads end but if it doesn't^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^their will be many more after me^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I am not the only one(Theifofhearts, and many others) but I admit I am the most direct about it^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I also blame some i-d-i-ot yoruba's as well for grouping up with these igbo's on NL as well, some of them are seeing how s-tupid they seem^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 5:33pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Well all the power to you because this needs to stop^^^^^^^^^^the SE should keep to themselves and just leave yoruba out of their problems^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yoruba's have their own issues and don't need outsiders to add to it^^^^^^^^^^^^Once eacg tribe learns how to keep to themselves then you will see these tribal threads end but if it doesn't^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^their will be many more after me^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I am not the only one(Theifofhearts, and many others) but I admit I am the most direct about it^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I also blame some i-d-i-ot yoruba's as well for grouping up with these igbo's on NL as well, some of them are seeing how s-tupid they seem^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You see, that was the problem from the start. I wish all yorubas can just think like me. If it is up to me, I would not get involve with Igbos at all at all !!! but then again as you rightly said, we have some very very stu.pid yoruba people that have and still bring down the honour of yoruba by exchanging words with them. cry sad sad

But thanks Ybutterfly smiley
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 5:58pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

You see, that was the problem from the start. I wish all yorubas can just think like me. If it is up to me, I would not get involve with Igbos at all at all !!! but then again as you rightly said, we have some very very stu.pid yoruba people that have and still bring down the honour of yoruba by exchanging words with them. cry sad sad

But thanks Ybutterfly smiley

^^^^^^^^^^^^Amen, I need to start blaming these stu.pid yoruba's as well; they allowed igb0's to start talking trash about us^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yoruba's need to start caring for their own and leave igbo's and etc alone^^^^^^^we are not the same people^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hausa's fought them, then when the war was over they turn around and start talking trash about y0ruba's^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm not saying hausa's are better but at least most of the time they don't talk trash about y0ruba's and stay with their own people and problems^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^d0 you know of a sepAr@te forum for y0ruba's only?
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^^^^^Amen, I need to start blaming these stu.pid yoruba's as well; they allowed igb0's to start talking trash about us^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yoruba's need to start caring for their own and leave igbo's and etc alone^^^^^^^we are not the same people^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hausa's fought them, then when the war was over they turn around and start talking trash about y0ruba's^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm not saying hausa's are better but at least most of the time they don't talk trash about y0ruba's and stay with their own people and problems^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^d0 you know of a sepAr@te forum for y0ruba's only?

Unfortunately no, I would just urge you to no go to the political and tribalism section. Just stick to romance, family etc anything apart from those 2 sections; they are not for the faint hearted I must say. Even the cultural section should be rare.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

Unfortunately no, I would just urge you to no go to the political and tribalism section. Just stick to romance, family etc anything apart from those 2 sections; they are not for the faint hearted I must say. Even the cultural section should be rare.

^^^^^^^^NL should make a separate forums for each tribe in Nigeria, so they can be amongst their own^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I have already been in the tribalism and political section, it is the samething over there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^NL should make a separate forums for each tribe in Nigeria, so they can be amongst their own^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I have already been in the tribalism and political section, it is the samething over there^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Political section is the worst Nairaland has to offer. Nairaland cannot separate it site into different ethnic group. It would not be fun cheesy
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by rhymz(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2011
I see this fool has gotten himself some goon to hypnotize . . .lol
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2011
rhymz:

I see this fool has gotten himself some goon to hypnotize . . .lol

LOL brother, how was ur sunday ? smiley
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

Political section is the worst Nairaland has to offer. Nairaland cannot separate it site into different ethnic group. It would not be fun cheesy

^^^^^^^^^^well it is the best way yoruba's won't be insulted^^^^^^^^^^^I don't care about what the other tribes do
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL brother, how was your sunday ? smiley

^^^^^^^^^he is one of those igbo's that talk trash about yoruba's cool
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by chikeuz(m): 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ybutterfly:

^^^^^^^^^^well it is the best way yoruba's won't be insulted^^^^^^^^^^^I don't care about what the other tribes do
aint u glad that people bother to insult "yoruba" peeps, how many other tribes except for the teeming igbos is been noticed. The sooner u get over urself the better, xbutterfly
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by chikeuz(m): 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ybutterfly, here u are making and unmaking beds with Alj harem, didn't our former president tell u what, peepz of his ilk did to him, but then u know nothing about Nigeria history, since u wrote in all whole-hearted ignorance that: Igbos fought with hausas.
   The igbos fought with Nigeria, as they were trying to secede, but then, it aint shocking u don't know it, your friends are true definitions of you, and history class was an abomination unto u.
   Nigerian funds was spent fighting the Igbos, who inspite of everything came out more sassy than ever.
   That bed your making would soon make for uneasy laying, but wait; since when did you guys start seeking out mercenaries? Bad habits die hard i think. I heard suya helps with the nightmares, cos this union wil be one hell of a nightmare for YOU
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2011
chikeuz:

Ybutterfly, here u are making and unmaking beds with Alj harem, didn't our former president tell u what, peepz of his ilk did to him, but then u know nothing about Nigeria history, since u wrote in all whole-hearted ignorance that: Igbos fought with hausas.
   The igbos fought with Nigeria, as they were trying to secede, but then, it aint shocking u don't know it, your friends are true definitions of you, and history class was an abomination unto u.
   Nigerian funds was spent fighting the Igbos, who inspite of everything came out more sassy than ever.
   That bed your making would soon make for uneasy laying, but wait; since when did you guys start seeking out mercenaries? Bad habits die hard i think. I heard suya helps with the nightmares, cos this union wil be one hell of a nightmare for YOU

so because of this, yoruba and hausa people should not rest again. LOL na wa o
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2011
chikeuz:

That bed your making would soon make for uneasy laying, but wait; since when did you guys startup seeking out mercenaries? Bad habits die hard i think. I heard suya helps with the nightmares, cos this union wil be one hell of a nightmare for YOU

^^^^^^^what are you talking about, alj_harems is yoruba
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:45pm On Oct 23, 2011
They are a very emotional people and see little things as hate for them.

When I say they are g-ay you think Im joking. That's why I cant stand most Igbo men, this type of behavior is expected of women not men.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by OneNaira6: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^^@ Ybutterfly

I accused you of being theifofhearts and Jona When?, Where?, What time? Are you confessing again or just doing your job as the Nland buffoon?

I didn't even know there was a Nland account with the name Theifofheart and  yet I accused you of being her or him when I have never, ever interacted with theifofheart.  I haven't even heard or seen that name before except today

Stop confessing and blaming me for your confession. If it pains you well well, then stop confessing  Pele ohh, Ndo.  Keep crying ohh. cry cry The river is almost full. 

I'm not making you confess, you just keep doing that on your own free will.  I mean I would love to take credit and all but I'm not that Good.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Ybutterfly: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^^^^^^again leave me alone^^^^^^^^^^^you keep stalking me all over the forum for some reasons I don't get it^^^^^^^^^^ if you think I am theifofhearts or whatever fine^^^^^^^^^^^^just leave me alone^^^^^^^^
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by rhymz(m): 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL brother, how was your sunday ? smiley
take your hypocritical laughter to hell, na who dey open teeth with you dis double-faced, backstabbing pretentious FIEND. I will rather dine with a Yoruba person than frolic with foolish pseudo-moralist like you.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
rhymz:

take your hypocritical laughter to hell, na who dey open teeth with you dis double-faced, backstabbing pretentious FIEND. I will rather dine with a Yoruba person than frolic with foolish pseudo-moralist like you.

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin see frustration brother. calm down brother

How was ur day ? smiley
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by rhymz(m): 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
alj_harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin see frustration brother. calm down brother

How was your day ? smiley
. . Scheeeew, reminds me of one stale joke that went un-noticed. Keep LOL, U retard!!
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by aljharem3: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2011
rhymz:

. . Scheeeew, reminds me of one stale joke that went un-noticed. Keep LOL, U slowpoke!!

calm down brother. why the hiss

what have i don wrong ?
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by rhymz(m): 4:31am On Oct 25, 2011
alj_harem:

what have i don wrong ?
alj_harem:

what have i don wrong ?
Your wrong is polluting the earth with your miserable existence.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by rhymz(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2011
rhymz:

What You did wrong?? Polluting the earth with your miserable existence. Go slip into a Coma or sth worse, what a curse!!
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by HISchild: 1:52am On Oct 27, 2011
That's a pity because there should be no divorce for any reason. Each spouse should love the other unconditionally until death do them part (Ephesians 5:25-32).

"Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." -Matt 19:6
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:07am On Oct 27, 2011
abeg shut up.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by Sicherheit(m): 3:51am On Oct 27, 2011
Another reason Igbo marriage last long is because the women know how to cut shows secretly, their husbands don't catch them because they are doing it with each other. Go to festac and hear how this Igbo wives sleep with themselves. They pretend they are selling goods like bags, shoes, cloths, makeup etc and go to each others house to cut their shows. I know a girl that was almost attacked when she went to look at goods in one Igbo woman's house, the woman invited her to the bedroom nd she followed because she thot that is where the goods are only for the woman to start hugging her and pressing her breast and telling her she is beautiful. The girl said she carried her slippers and ran, then she called the woman who introduced her to tell what happened and the woman laughed at her and said she shouldn't have ran away, she should have just told the other woman she does not want to do. She was so shocked because of how nonchalant the other woman took the news. This is what the stay at home Igbo women do when their husbands are working hard to provide for them. Imagine undecided
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:18am On Oct 27, 2011
what does "cut show" mean?
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by rhymz(m): 6:43am On Oct 27, 2011
Sicherheit:

Another reason Igbo marriage last long is because the women know how to cut shows secretly, their husbands don't catch them because they are doing it with each other. Go to festac and hear how this Igbo wives sleep with themselves. They pretend they are selling goods like bags, shoes, cloths, makeup etc and go to each others house to cut their shows. I know a girl that was almost attacked when she went to look at goods in one Igbo woman's house, the woman invited her to the bedroom nd she followed because she thot that is where the goods are only for the woman to start hugging her and pressing her bosom and telling her she is beautiful. The girl said she carried her slippers and ran, then she called the woman who introduced her to tell what happened and the woman laughed at her and said she shouldn't have ran away, she should have just told the other woman she does not want to do. She was so shocked because of how nonchalant the other woman took the news. This is what the stay at home Igbo women do when their husbands are working hard to provide for them. Imagine undecided
lack of education is bad but half of it is dangerous. How old are you by the way? I live in Festac town by the way.
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by cyrus123: 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2011
Hey,

I'm not sure which tribe I came from, I'm Afro Caribbean. How ever I wonder why there seems to be war or so much divide. As a matter of fact I read people talking about defending their own race. Not sure which tribe was referring to a 'race'. What I can tell all of you is that in the Caribbean and outside of Africa, you are considered ' black ' regardless of which tribe. Europeans and others see all of you as 'Black Africans', me included. You all need to goddam get along and see yourself as one people. Some Africans (not all) sold other Africans into slavery. I won't be surprised if these type of feudal mentality was taken advantage of by the Europeans to conquer and divide. Obviously, when given knowledge, technology and proper training black people have been proven to surpass the best, whether legit or not. Please use that ingenuity for the good of all Nigerians and Africans.

You see yourselves as different, I see you as one. Take care. smiley
Re: Divorce Rate Among Yoruba Couples & Igbo Couples by mondaynelson20: 10:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
Been a Herps is just like been through hell; well special thanks to God almighty
for using DR. EZIKE the greatest spell caster in curing my Herps disease. I was
diagnosed of this disease in the year 2008. Thou I was taking my medications buy
I was not myself. Until last two weeks. My friend came to me and told me that he saw many test
imonies on how a spell caster cured people Herp disease. Thou I never believe in
spell, I said to myself "seen is believing" I took his name and searched it on
GOOGLE, I saw many testimonies myself. Quickly, I copied his
email drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I emailed him, he gave me a form to
fill which I did, then he called me and told me that his gods required some items
in which he will use in casting a curing spell on me. And di told him to get the
listed items needed to prepare my cure because by then i have little faith in him,
few hours later he called me and told me he is through preparing the cure. so he
send it to me I got my parcel, it was a herbal cure as described by DR. EZIKE.
I took the herbal cure and after taking it for a week and some days. He told me
to go for check up, I went to the hospital and had a test,and i was cured. Quickly
I called him and tell him what happened he congratulated me. I promise to tell
the world about him. You can contact via email drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife And 3rd Wife, Olori Tobi Welcome Twins / Onyeka Nwelue: Anyone Who Eats Or Drinks At A Funeral Lacks Conscience / Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.