Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,408 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice (64492 Views)

143,990 Nigerian Doctors, Others Moved To UK In Nine Months – Group / Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by merits(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
PublicHealthNig:

Source: https://www.publichealth.com.ng/canada-joins-us-changes-rules-for-nigerian-doctors-others-to-practice/

Japaism go and apply and go, but for me Naija for life,I can only go on visit and return asap.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Sweetvie: 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nice
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Talknochip(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
Japaring just made easier
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Chivik93(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2023
If they are effective enough, they will take them too
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by TheBTCinvestor: 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
Sultty:
Lori iro

Not everyone is broke and miserable in Nigeria. Know this and know peace

1 Like

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Racoon(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nice development
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Sleekfingers: 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
Sultty:
Lori iro

And you think some people are not comfortable in Nigeria?
Na everybody you think say wan japa?
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by dyera(m): 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
gbaskiboy:
I am coming Canada reserves my own place for me

Your ancestors that were dragged abroad with chains will be turning in their grave because of what you are saying.
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Stevosty: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
If this is only thing we can export, fine. Nigeria should start producing more doctors.

1 Like

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by bizhop01: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
Native doctors will take over Nigeria hospitals

2 Likes

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Biola67: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
I'm very comfortable in Nigeria so Canada, UK and The US can forever kiss my ass undecided
After you don deceive yourself finish, go apply..

3 Likes

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Stevosty: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2023
merits:

Japaism go and apply and go, but for me Naija for life,I can only go on visit and return asap.
You must be a politician, son of a politician, working with a politician, connected to a politician, they are the only ones who love naija the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Asswipemod: 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
I'm very comfortable in Nigeria so Canada, UK and The US can forever kiss my ass undecided

They were referring to doctors. Not Bitcoin investors.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by FEGNO: 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Very soon nah only native Doctors go remain in 9ja💁😝
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Biola67: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Not everyone is broke and miserable in Nigeria. Know this and know peace
If you don cap finish, sha go apply😂😂 you wey no get wallet dey claim investor

2 Likes

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by seunny4lif(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2023
Since our leaders don’t care about the value of our health system because they too always run to London and Paris.

Our healthcare should be handed over to Babalawos

1 Like

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by grandstar(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
AntiZikist:
Ten years ago,the average MD earned over $1mil annually.

But since the greedy small hat tribesmen took over the Medical sector, they lobbied the govt to open borders to cheaper and far less qualified MDs from the third world whose residency in the US was tied to their job employer.

This has seen many qualified and conceintious western trained doctors resigning and going into private practice.

Covid 19 exposed the rot in western medicine as most doctors employed in small hat owned hospital firms daring not to raise any objection to the unscientific protocols set by the small hate controlled CDC that promoted the small hate vaccine produced by small hat pharmaceutical companies.

The small hat mafia wants to replace professional doctors with third world pliable doctors.

This should tell us that the small hate tribesmen are about to pull another Covid and are set to get rid of the few dissident doctors for drone third world doctors who dare not question their ongoing genocide ...

Who are the "small hat tribesmen" doctors?

Also, isn't $1m too much to pay a doctor? It's outrageous.
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Greatn3ss: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:
One day I'll make this statement
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by marvellous2222: 9:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Who curse the country, our great doctor want to become slavery in another country
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Chigorkizz(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
Now is the best time to go into Patent medicine.
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by ceejayluv(m): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
AntiZikist:
Ten years ago, the average MD earned over $1mil annually.

But since the greedy small hat tribesmen took over the Medical sector, they lobbied the govt to open borders to cheaper and far less qualified MDs from the third world whose residency in the US was tied to their job employer.

This has seen many qualified and conceintious western trained doctors resigning and going into private practice.

Covid 19 exposed the rot in western medicine as most doctors employed in small hat owned hospital firms daring not to raise any objection to the unscientific protocols set by the small hate controlled CDC that promoted the small hate vaccine produced by small hat pharmaceutical companies.

The small hat mafia wants to replace professional doctors with third world pliable doctors.

This should tell us that the small hate tribesmen are about to pull another Covid and are set to get rid of the few dissident doctors for drone third world doctors who dare not question their ongoing genocide ...
Guy, Cool down na... Any Doctor earning a mil per annum is far from average and definitely among the top 5 percent.
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Chibuezem(m): 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
PublicHealthNig:

Source: https://www.publichealth.com.ng/canada-joins-us-changes-rules-for-nigerian-doctors-others-to-practice/
Come and see what the Lord has done.... Japa will increase for medicos.... Just go over there work like 5 years come back to Nigeria setup better business, build your house, sink your borehole and relax Mehn.... Nigeria is just for spending mani and flexing ..... I dey envy doctors right now.

1 Like

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Iamzik: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2023
pol23:
Since everyone want to leave the country… Nigeria professional wants to practice abroad too.

(thanks to our parent and their colleagues who spoil the country…. I know you might assume your dad’s not involved since he’s no politician, guess what our dad told their arms and watch the country turn into jungle)

Also, Every country needed Doctors and nurses…

Here in Nigeria , we have over 30 million people between age 18-25, most who’re students.

I will advise Nigeria to start grooming medical practitioners for the world…
It will be a win win situation.
Nigerians living abroad remitted 19.8 billion dollars back home in 2022…

Can you imagine what the country would’ve been without this people popping money to the economy, while our politicians are busy sending money out.

If we send like 1000,000 doctors to Europe, America, Middle East and Australia …. I want to believe this will help the economy….

So government should invest heavily in training many doctors , pharmacists, nurses and lab technicians…
I might be wrong though, but I believe I’d we start by exporting brain , by 2050 we will have big professionals handling our economy and running businesses here back home.

Bruhh!

You want to brains?? grin grin
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Chibuezem(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2023
NtoAkwaIbom:
We expect Nigeria to subsidize medical school n other courses only for them to go work abroad.

We subsidize fuel for African countries and subsidize professional courses, only for them to run abroad and practice,

WHAT DO WE GET AS NIGERIANS IN RETURN ?
Shege Promax with malaria grin
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Chibuezem(m): 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Evilspirit666:
It will favour me and my family in Jesus name
keep quiet Evil spirit 666 wey dey use Jesus name
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Chibuezem(m): 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
Dancebreaker:
Prepare to patronise herbalists in 9ja. grin grin

Those who used to laugh at Babalawo will soon eat their words.
Yes Babalawo go dey use stethoscope soon
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by CSTRR: 9:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
They have further reduced the hurdle needed to practice.

In the next five years, I don't expect experienced doctors in Nigeria to be up to 5000. They will all leave unless something drastic is done in terms of good governance.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Chibuezem(m): 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
pol23:
Since everyone want to leave the country… Nigeria professional wants to practice abroad too.

(thanks to our parent and their colleagues who spoil the country…. I know you might assume your dad’s not involved since he’s no politician, guess what our dad told their arms and watch the country turn into jungle)

Also, Every country needed Doctors and nurses…

Here in Nigeria , we have over 30 million people between age 18-25, most who’re students.

I will advise Nigeria to start grooming medical practitioners for the world…
It will be a win win situation.
Nigerians living abroad remitted 19.8 billion dollars back home in 2022…

Can you imagine what the country would’ve been without this people popping money to the economy, while our politicians are busy sending money out.

If we send like 1000,000 doctors to Europe, America, Middle East and Australia …. I want to believe this will help the economy….

So government should invest heavily in training many doctors , pharmacists, nurses and lab technicians…
I might be wrong though, but I believe I’d we start by exporting brain , by 2050 we will have big professionals handling our economy and running businesses here back home.

I need your level of optimism
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by daclaret: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
IT SO SAD THAT NIGERIANS HAS PRIORTIZE MEDICAL PROFESSION, LEAVING OTHER SECTORS. ITS SO SHAMEFUL. TECH INNOVATION IN NIGERIAN IS UNDERRATED
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by Fcwilly: 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nice one, so more doctors are to leave Nigeria, more money for the traditional doctors.
Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by chaiks: 9:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
I am currently doing a master's in social science program in Japan and will finish next year. Considering the lucrativeness of health degrees, I want to transition to social work - clinical social work practice. Can I apply to a college in Canada after my masters here? Aside clinical social work, which other aspect of social work is lucrative?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice by nkemjacob2(m): 9:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
Japa done mature.

Which them go change rule for farmers o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide / My New Girl Friend May Leave Me Because Of My Body. / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.