Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid (15799 Views)

Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO / Zelensky Agrees To Talks With Kremlin, Venue Being Discussed – Russian Times / Coup: Mali Junta Wants 3-Year Military Rule, Agrees To Free President Keita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Toktee(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
ken6488:

grin let me break your heart
UK USA France will not risk
New York, Paris, London because of some European countries that a fact

If war break out today with NATO most countries will break away from the organisation
it's not good to argue on empty stomach.

How old are you?
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by gigabyte13: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
Abrahamweb:

Accepting weapons on your land from the enemy of your neighbor,what do you call that.

When my neighbor is an enemy already....
Have you forgotten the say
"The enemies of my enemy are my friends"

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Chucks13: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2023
That is the only way because if Putin wings are not clipped Turkey herself might one day be a victim of Putin bullying.....

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Gucciswaz: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
NATO only showing the world how powerful and frightening the Russian Federation can be. Just imagine almost 30+ countries NATO and allies all gathering together under US control for security guarantees yet claim to be sovereign countries. This era made me know what sovereignty truly means with respect to Putin's Russian Federation and President Xi communist China. Sovereign and powerful countries do not need to gang up in order to defend themselves that's why the the great Russian Federation will always be more powerful and ahead of them. They ganging up because they scared of been devoured by the great Russian bear. They won't be saved when the time comes. God bless President Vladimir Putin, The Big Daddy of Planet Earth
. My love for Putin knows no bounds..
[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by richeeyo(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

This special military operation is the only one in the world where you can kill UK and USA evil nato military men and UK and USA will not declare war on Russia lol

This is the only operation in the world where Russia will kill and bomb nato military men in Ukraine where they are having coffee and eating in a restaurant and the country from which they came from will quickly say they have retired or went on the mission on there own lol
And you think you really understand how things work
Have you heard about the term possible deniability
Did you know 6 American amored trucks were fund deep inside Nigeria with no one at site but given back
Do you know Wagner supplies terrorist in Nigeria from their Mali base
If Ukraine can cripple Russia with western made old tech
Then i pity the way you reason

No state burial and no admission that they were sent by the government due to been scared of mother Russia

God bless putin God bless mother Russia.
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by richeeyo(m): 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
PrinceMajestic:
NATO only showing the world how powerful and frightening the Russian Federation can be. Just imagine almost 30+ countries NATO and allies all gathering together under US control for security guarantees yet claim to be sovereign countries. This era made me know what sovereignty truly means with respect to Putin's Russian Federation and President Xi communist China. Sovereign and powerful countries do not need to gang up in order to defend themselves that's why the the great Russian Federation will always be more powerful and ahead of them. They ganging up because they scared of been devoured by the great Russian bear. They won't be saved when the time comes. God bless President Vladimir Putin, The Big Daddy of Planet Earth
No
The alliance because Russia is seen a a country ruled by mentally unstable people

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Aurelius1(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
Abrahamweb:

E tire me for that idiot o.
You think if NATO/EU/west can defeat Russia them for never stop Russia?
Sweden and Finland leaders are just stupid.
Why provoke a Russia if you don't need it.
This invasion of Ukraine started more than 8 years ago and Ukraine started the conflict,so if Sweden and Finland no plan to start any conflict with Russia,then why provoke Russia?
To tell you that they are planning to antagonize Russia in the future and so need the backing of NATO
Bro, remove nuclear weapons, USA would seize the whole of Russia in a space of 2 months. Why is the US treating North Korea with kid's gloves is because they are a nuclear armed nation. Nukes serves a deterrent . No nation dare use nukes on another nation because the aftermath would be unimaginable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Stoplying: 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
TenQ:

Russia wanted to Demilitarise Ukraine and prevent them from joining NATO. Unfortunately, Russia has Demilitarised themselves and has increased the NATO membership while militarising Ukraine
So you didn't watch when Joe Biden said that USA lacks ammo to provide to Ukraine in order to make up for the fact that Ukraine is running out of ammo and that because of this, the USA will be providing cluster bombs to Ukraine?
You also must have missed the USA media report in which the pundits claimed that Russia will not be running out of missiles.

Does nafo pay you well enough or are you just ignorant on purpose?

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Stoplying: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
Aurelius1:
Bro, remove nuclear weapons, USA would seize the whole of Russia in a space of 2 months. Why is the US treating North Korea with kid's gloves is because they are a nuclear armed nation. Nukes serves a deterrent . No nation dare use nukes on another nation because the aftermath would be unimaginable.
If usa is that mighty, then why did it build a military alliance of more than 30 countries against Russia ?
In the streets, when you are tough, do you need to recruit more than 30 people to go and fight just one guy ?

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Alexiiydon: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
Masterito:
Really you don't know? Let me explain, if Ukraine was a NATO member Russia will think 1M times before attack. Infact they won't attack.
dey play with the combination of Russia China North Korea and Iran NATO is no match if them like make them reach 100 countries for nato
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Alexiiydon: 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2023
We all know in every world war the world power is destined to change so we can now tell what USA is afraid of them no won fall alone

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by GEEBITE: 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
Erdogan was only bluffing. He has no leverage at all against America. Turkey is part of NATO because of its strategic location stradling two continents.
crossfm:
Hehehe.

I see a lot of people weeping over this news.

A sovereign nation said they want to join an association,you say no. Is it your joining? grin
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Stoplying: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

A sovereign nation said they want to join an association,you say no. Is it your joining? grin
Keep the same energy when Cuba joins a military alliance with Russia and China. And if Mexico choses the same path, keep that same energy mate.
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by luckingto50: 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
[quote author=crossfm post=124352528]Hehehe.

A sovereign nation said they want to join an association,you say no. Is it your joining?

They follow rules. If 31 voted for 1 against then automatically the votes is null and void until that one agree that is NATO rule
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Eagba(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2023
Masterito:
Really you don't know? Let me explain, if Ukraine was a NATO member Russia will think 1M times before attack. Infact they won't attack.
You just nailed it. All this nl minions shouting Russia Russia. Russia will never attack a NATO nation. Ask Ukraine, ask Georgia, then ask Poland with all the provocations, ask Latvia, ask Estonia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Aurelius1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
Stoplying:

If usa is that mighty, then why did it build a military alliance of more than 30 countries against Russia ?
In the streets, when you are tough, do you need to recruit more than 30 people to go and fight just one guy ?
US can't just cross the Atlantic and engage Russia in combat. Forming alliances which involves an attack on one meaning an attack on all gives US the go ahead to confront Russia. If Russia is so powerful as you make it let them attack neighboring NATO countries like Poland, Finland and Lithuania. On a lighter note, a war involving nuclear armed nation won't end well for the world. Nukes serves as a deterrent, not for warfare. The day US nukes Russia or vice versa just know that we are going back to the Stone age.

3 Likes

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Stoplying: 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Aurelius1:
Fact is, US can't just cross the Atlantic and engage Russia in combat. Forming alliances which involves an attack on one meaning an attack on all gives US the go ahead to confront Russia. If Russia is so powerful as you make it let them attack Poland or Lithuania.
Ok, so hiring more than 30 body guards when going into a street fight with just one guy means you are tough
And you can even call your opponent coward for not daring to attack one of your body guards 🤡
No need to tell me the consequences of a nuclear war, I'm not 3 years old like you.

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Aurelius1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2023
Stoplying:

Keep the same energy when Cuba joins a military alliance with Russia and China. And if Mexico choses the same path, keep that same energy mate.
US would never allow Russia put nukes in Cuba, that I can boast of.
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by oneeast: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
gigabyte13:
Putin only made NATO more popular and more friendly to his own neighbours.
If you are a good neighbor to your neighbors, they wouldn't go out, looking for help that you can provide in abundance....

Fact
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by STRI1: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
greggng:

Putin is a coward like you . On June 29 he had a meeting with wagner leader . Same man he called a terrorist ...same man he tried to ridicule by searching his house ...same man he sent on exile to belaruse... same man he had invited to continue to help him with the war . Admit it he us a coward. Nato will not go into war with Russia...but they can break every protocol if Russia decide to use nuclear weapon on Ukraine..They don't need any permission to give putin a test of his medicine . Ukraine should quickly start using the cluster bomb ...I wanna see if Russia will attempt nuclear weapon ...enough of his threat

Do you know what nuclear war means
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Regex: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
Aurelius1:
US can't just cross the Atlantic and engage Russia in combat.

Doesn't this mean USA should mind her business in her continent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by STRI1: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
Eagba:

You just nailed it. All this nl minions shouting Russia Russia. Russia will never attack a NATO nation. Ask Ukraine, ask Georgia, then ask Poland with all the provocations, ask Latvia, ask Estonia

They can't be a NATO member at first, if they do expect Russia military on polish border, even if they attack NATO Ukraine, NATO members will either leave the alliance or countries like Hungary or Vatican city veto going to war. NATO is just a cold war tactic of deterrence.

Just like during the cold war where USA and solviet patrol it's submarine and bombers for fast retaliation, fear of that alone prevented them going to war
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Stoplying: 2:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
STRI1:

Do you know what nuclear war means
he is basically saying "I want nuclear war" and therefore implying "I want to die, I want everybody on earth to die, houra"
Some of these nafo guys are recruited in mental asylums

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Eagba(m): 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
Regex:

Doesn't this mean USA should mind her business in her continent?
What it means is that US hate Russia and will look for an excuse to irritate Russia. And call Russia bluff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Stoplying: 2:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
gigabyte13:
Putin only made NATO more popular and more friendly to his own neighbours.
If you are a good neighbor to your neighbors, they wouldn't go out, looking for help that you can provide in abundance....
Let's pretend this comment is originally from you and not something said more than one million times before, starting from NATO officials mouth.

You have lost your ability to formulate your own thoughts ?
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Eagba(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2023
STRI1:

They can't be a NATO member at first, if they do expect Russia military on polish border, even if they attack NATO Ukraine, NATO members will either leave the alliance or countries like Hungary or Vatican city veto going to war. NATO is just a cold war tactic of deterrence.

Just like during the cold war where USA and solviet patrol it's submarine and bombers for fast retaliation, fear of that alone prevented them going to war
Like how you're fronting this your leaving the alliance from your ass. If you're a strategic, you will know that leaving the alliance will not benefit any member. Imaging after the war, how you that nation look like, which other alliance will take you serious?
Hungary you mentioned wouldn't want leave the alliance cos they are already a dead weight to EU and NATO.
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by obama99: 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
Watch USA president Biden Farting In Public And Sniffing A Little Girls body

https://youtube.com/shorts/I7l32yQYZx4
Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Felix6: 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
What's historic about it? Old men ganging up for war and destruction. How are they different from pirates, buccaneers, aiye, etc?

1 Like

Re: ‘Historic Day’: Turkey’s Erdogan Agrees To Back Swedish NATO Bid by Felix6: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
What is historic about it? Old men ganging up for war and destruction. How are they different from pirates, buccaneers, aiye, ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Doctor Arrested For Stealing Heroin From Patient's Stomach / Yemen Houthi Rebels Takes Hostage Of Cargo Ship 'Galaxy Leader' In The Red Sea / Roger Stone Found Guilty On All Charges In Wikileaks Hacking Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.