Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles (42505 Views)

Navy Impounds 2 Vessels With Stolen Petroleum, Arrests 22 Crew Members In Rivers / Lagos Anti-One Way Squad Impounds 42 Vehicles, 4 Uniform Personnel Arrested / Lagos Impounds Trucks Of ‘Opay’ Motorcycles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by FreeStuffsNG: 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
The asset recovery committee set up by Benue State Governor, Hyacinth Alia, on Tuesday, stormed the automobile workshop owned by former governor Samuel Ortom with towing vehicles and removed some vehicles.

Alia, through his Chief Press Secretary, Kula Tersoo, recently disclosed that government vehicles, numbering 29, were allegedly looted by the past governor.

Tersoo had said in a statement that “the case of the Goverment House is particularly pitiable with vandalised furniture, window blinds, electronics and other household appliances.

“This is besides the carting away of all vehicles, including an ambulance and A press crew bus, attached to the office of the governor.

“At the last count, 29 vehicles, attached to the governor’s office, are still no where to be found.”

A source told our correspondent on Tuesday that the asset recovery committee stormed Ortom’s automobile workshop on Tuesday afternoon but were resisted by the workers there.

When contacted, the Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bemgba Iortyom, confirmed that indeed state agents went to Ortom’s automobile workshop.

Iortyom said, “Governor Alia has now sent towing trucks to ex-Governor Ortom’s automobile workshop to cart away vehicles, after attempts to drive them away failed.”

It will be recalled that Ortom and his deputy, Benson Abounu, secured a court order restraining the asset recovery committee from coming after them.

In the suit, marked MHC/199/2023, filed through their lawyer, Douglas Pepe (SAN), Ortom and Abounu asked the court to determine “whether property legitimately allocated to them as entitlements and remuneration can be considered as state government assets.”

They are seeking “a determination of court whether or not by the combined effect of sections 5(2), 44, 318(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended), the executive actions and decisions of the Governor and Government of Benue State taken by Ortom and Abounu and the State Executive Council, in good faith before May 29th, 2023, were valid.”

The ex-governor and his deputy also want the court to determine “whether or not the Governor of Benue State is not bound by the constitutional approvals made by his predecessor.”

They are contending that the asset recovery committee set up by Alia has no power to interfere with their rights to own property “vested in them by the Benue State Government at all material times or without following due process.”

https://punchng.com/panel-storms-ortoms-automobile-workshop-impounds-vehicles/?amp

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by FreeStuffsNG: 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Gov Ortom sha; always in the news for strange news like nkan be TV show .smh
Check my signature for free stuffs!

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Ezemarcel(m): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
Payment time
Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by DaInferno(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
If this man governed China...he'd be killed by now

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by FairlyUSEDpussy: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
Good......
Greedy fool..........

No wonder he rooted for peter obi..........

Ibo........pls don't quote me I hardly read bile comments.......

Chukwu gozie gi

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Ever8090: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ortom is just a petty Thief,...when did he become an auto mechanic to own an auto mechanic shop?...that idiot really dealt with Benue state I swear...

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by crossfm: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ortom what are you waiting for,run to court and buy, sorry get injunction stopping them from investigating you. grin

Nigeria court's have become so notorious,that criminals now run to them for protection angry.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by vesselchino(f): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
The impounding of cars will favour me and my family🤣🤣🤣

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by DeltaOil: 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
Good......
Greedy fool..........

Chukwu gozie gi
Igbos have suffered.
Imagine the supporter of a druglord talking angry

Tinubu family are disowning druggie

https://twitter.com/sweetsixtien/status/1678839845584531458

And the Agbadonian get mouth angry

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Atarakpa: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Our ruler's has no shame at all.

3 Likes

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by mynole: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ortom has too many questions to answer ooo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Wahala Wahala Wahala for Ortom a.k.a Mr. Wheelbarrow

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by BluntCrazeMan: 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Haaabbaaaa
Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Generalkorex(m): 7:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
But why people wicked?
Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Fintechh: 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Good
Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Blackestjunior(m): 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Me seff wan be politician oo

Omo money dey dis work oo

5 Likes

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Timoleon(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
Perhaps this is a witch-hunt because he rooted for Peter Obi?
FairlyUSEDpussy:
Good......
Greedy fool..........

Chukwu gozie gi

9 Likes

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by adecz: 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2023
The mental health and kleptomanic
tendency of our politicians is a thing of
great concern..

Our laws are not strong enough, that's
why we need soldiers to come and clean
thing up & reboot the political situation❗️❗️

Military government dey tiff money, but
na with style, not this brazen robbery that
Governors engage in and go to court to
stop being investigated❗️❗️😐😐😐

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by oyeb15: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
The trend is that the later will always steal more than the former.

2 Likes

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by bennybuhari: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ortom na mechanic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by chris4gold(m): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Next topic plz

1 Like

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Gakl: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by dominique(f): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
How this man is not yet behind bars should be counted as one of the greatest mysteries of 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Chinala928: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
Nice one
Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Chibuezem(m): 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
FairlyUSEDpussy:
Good......
Greedy fool..........

Chukwu gozie gi
you are who you say you are.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Alvelt14(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
Soldier Go Soldier Come.

Do Only Good Everyday.
Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by Kobicove(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
Is it true that Ortom actually looted 29 vehicles including a bus meant for press crew?

2 Likes

Re: Panel Storms Ortom’s Automobile Workshop, Impounds Vehicles by abobote: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
The governor should be more concerned about how fulani killings in his state, and stop chasing rat

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Girls Can Fly': Tolulope Arotile Honoured In Comic Book (photos) / Governor Fashola Builds First Suspension Bridge In Nigeria / Man Installs Windmill To Generate Electricity, Tired Of Nigeria's Erratic Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.