Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

My Take - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take (1140 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take by Chxta(m): 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2011
Hi guys, Chxta here. I work for the Daily Times nowadays, and I would try as much as possible to summarise our top stories for you each day. Consider it a sort of newspaper review. . .

A summary of the top stories for today, 6 October, 2011.

Soldiers cause low sales at Abuja fair

Apparently, the fear of Boko Haram and MEND is causing a lot of loss of business as tight security arrangements and the presence of loads of soldiers means that potential investors are staying away from the venue. What the knock-on effect on the economy will be in the long term remains to be seen. . .

Ex KAI boss' wife arraigned over killing of 2 children

Alhaja Rabiatu Oyenuga,Wife of ex Kick Against Indiscipline (KAI) Marshal, was arraigned before an Ebute-Metta Chief Magistrate court in Lagos, on a charge of killing two children and injuring their mother in a motor accident.

LASTMA catching KAI is something that has to happen a lot often in my opinion. . .

Imo battles Abia over sack of non-indigenes

The 'wise' decision a few weeks ago by the government of Abia state to send "non-indigenes" packing from the state's employ is causing consternation in neighbouring Imo. One wonders what the Federal government is doing at this pivotal moment. A wrong outcome would definitely cause serious ripple effect,

Uniting against rape

Abia in the news again for the wrong reasons.

While the Lagos State government provided Police officers and Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) officials who accompanied the protesters on their walk, the Abia State Government did all it could to prevent the #ABSUrapewalk from holding in Umuahia.

Despite the repeated announcements on radio, which were sponsored by the Abia State government, warning the people of the state not to join in any protest against rape, the organisers of the Abia leg of the #ABSUrapewalk refused to be intimidated.

“It is disturbing that the Abia State government still does not understand that it is not about the State but about women. It shows us that there is still a lot of work to be done,” one of the organisers, Ms. Yemi Adamolekun of Enough is Enough Nigeria, said.

The protesters in Abia walked from Okpara to the State Security Service office and were addressed by the agency’s director.

Yobe moves to sack ghost workers

The government in Yobe state have a very interesting solution towards solving the problem of "ghost workers". Sack everybody,

Reps order Airtel sack reversal

And in a throw-back to the days of government owned enterprises where some egghead would give orders and expect them to be obeyed by fiat, our House of Representatives have ordered a profit-making enterprise to recall sacked workers. Hi guys, there's a word called bottomline,

(1) (Reply)

Osun Goes Gaga / I Hereby Renounce My Nigerian Citizenship / What Actually Do You Think That Boko Haram Wants From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.