Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear (2697 Views)

Gta V Vs Metal Gear Solid v -phantom Pain / Which Is The Best Stealth Game? MGS Vs Splinter Cell Vs Hitman Vs Ass. Creed / Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow-pc Game In 300 MB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by ritchboi: 10:01am On Sep 08, 2007
sam fisher vs snake:who kicks ass beta?
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by sniperwolf(m): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2007
Solid Snake aka Big Boss
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by BlackRace1(m): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2007
Abeg guys I stuck in Splinter Cell cant figure out where to place the fifth bomb at the stage where u r expected to blow up five craters containg smuggled weapons.Its at the beginning of the game,
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by kosovo(m): 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2007
hey dude,
notting is compared to metal gear as far as gammin experience is concend,
tom clancey tried but it couldnt still capture the momennt jus like metal gear
does.
u remember the la le lu la lo, shalaska nd lots more common metal gear is da BOMB
i ll also recomend grand theft auto san andreas.
one luv kosovo
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by ritchboi: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2007
Blackrace
which splintercel r u talkin bout?1 2 3. . . .
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by topeteadr(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2007
Tom clancy's is the best.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by topeteadr(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2007
Splinter cell for life metal gear sucks
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Ninjabyte(m): 6:27am On Oct 01, 2007
Oh, Snake is cool people. MGS is sure fun. Splinter Cell? Well, lets wait for the latest installment coming out this year shall we?
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by ritchboi: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2007
who knows wen d nu splinter cell(double agent,i tink) is comin out.cos i heard it was suposed 2 drop last month.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by ritchboi: 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2007
who knows wen d nu splinter cell(double agent,i tink) is comin out.cos i heard it was suposed 2 drop last month.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by sniperwolf(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2007
Splitter cell is so full of shit. I played one of the version of splitter cell on PSP and the graphics was bleeped
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by kosovo(m): 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2007
there is no way on earth the two games can ever be compared.
i have played and finished all the versions of metal gear and splinter cell.
at least metal gear solid: sons of liberty won the game of the year[2002]
splinter cell tried but can the improve
the story line fo metal gear is superb.

i rate it like this
metal gear 92%
splinter cell 73% grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Ivvie: 12:04am On Dec 16, 2007
Splinter Cell! The real gameplay is when it's on the highest difficulty and your TV's display setting is ideal. It is real.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by ThugLife1(m): 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2007
Splinter Cell Essential
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by skipo87(m): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2007
splinter cell is no match for metal gear. i even prefer the metal gear of ps1 to splinter cell of ps2
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by topeteadr(m): 11:17am On Dec 29, 2007
Skipo, wtf? R u saying
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by ThugLife1(m): 2:30am On Dec 30, 2007
tope_teadr:

Skipo, wtf? R u saying
hehehehehhe
don't mind him
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Onicastro: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2008
Hey dude No splinter cell part can be compared to any Hideo Kojimas game, Hideo Kojima is the best and Metal Gear is the best, you wait for guns of patriot to come out, PS3 sales would Rise incredibly.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Onicastro: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2008
Naked Snake - Big boss, Hideo Kojima (Snatcher ,MGS), Masahi Kishimoto (Naruto), Sakaguchi (final fantasy) and Shuyo Murata (MGS Acid) are the best. Says Kunmi.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by lungwun(m): 6:48pm On Jan 30, 2008
basically, both games are the best at what they do.
metal gear is more of fantasy, and you do not really need to be sneaky. you can shoot your way out of every situation. and the story line is superb.
but if you are looking for realism and nail biting suspence, splinter cell is your best bet. cos when u get shot in splinter cell you the player really feels it. its an immersive experience.
they are both really good.
those of you that feel MGS is better should go back to playing CONTRA!
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Onicastro: 9:34am On Feb 05, 2008
@lungwun Metal gear is the best, The bosses can trace your blood trails, wet foot prints, The only time you shoot around is when Alert has been sound and you can only shoot to escape. I've played both Metal gear is more fun and Action packed than Splinter cell.
The concept of Splinter cell double agent is nice, But the concept of Metal gear's Ocelot 3ple agent is Better (CIA, KGB, GRU)

Metal Gear is so real and Fun that when Snake is shot, you'll have to eject the bullet using knife, then disinfect it with a disinfectant and then bandage to stop the bleeding (therby not getting to hungry and the blood trail stops), If it is a broken bone u'll use a Splint, rope and bandage, same for other injuries.

With all this Metal Gear is my best game. thumbs up Mr Kojima. You are the best.

@lungwun Which do u prefer Anime or Cartoon (you should know Anime will always be better than cartoon)
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Wilfem(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2008
For me, with the little exprience I had with Splinter cell on my Nokia N--gage phone, I think splinter cell is much better than Metal gear solid
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by texazzpete(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2008
@Onicastro
The only perfect game i know about is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on N64.

MGS comes close, but it's not perfect.

You owe it to yourself to play that game before you die.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by vowiski(m): 6:29pm On Feb 18, 2008
read ma signature.
splinter cell? who cares?
MGS for life!
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by ritchboy(m): 11:08pm On Feb 18, 2008
@texazzpete
the only perfect game i know is soul calibur(1&2).
My definition of a "perfect game" is a game dat has no flaws.Its almost imposible 4 an adventure game to be flawless,although ninja gaiden(xbox) comes close.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Onicastro: 1:26am On Feb 19, 2008
@texazzpete smiley, Honestly I have played and ended Zelda - Ocarina of time, And almost finished Zelda Majora's mask (Skull kid guy) but got 2 busy 2, stopped @ the Zora egg arc with the Zora guitar guy's mask, Zelda is a wonderful game but MGS's Kojima breaks the fourth wall so much to let you think u r in d game, which makes MGS more perfect and Makes Legend of Zelda 2nd only 2 MGS. I recommend MGS, Zelda, Final fantasy, Halo and Splinter Cell 2 Everyone.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by texazzpete(m): 8:12am On Feb 19, 2008
Onicastro:

@texazzpete smiley, Honestly I have played and ended Zelda - Ocarina of time, And almost finished Zelda Majora's mask (Skull kid guy) but got 2 busy 2, stopped @ the Zora egg arc with the Zora guitar guy's mask, Zelda is a wonderful game but MGS's Kojima breaks the fourth wall so much to let you think you're in d game, which makes MGS more perfect and Makes Legend of Zelda 2nd only 2 MGS. I recommend MGS, Zelda, Final fantasy, Halo and Splinter Cell 2 Everyone.

lol. MGS does NOT make you think you're in the game, it has a great story (MGS 1) but it's characters are too surreal and out-of-this world to make you connect totally. Add to that the preachy nature of the game and see what you get.
if anything, MGS makes you think you're watching a movie, albeit one that you have some control over. MGS 2 cutscenes were so plentiful, people thought the game was playing them and not the other way around.

Zelda Ocarina of Time however is a spellbinding, breathtaking game, with gorgeous graphics at the time, an engaging story that made YOu feel like the hero and several endearing characters.

Gamespot.com
Ocarina of Time definitely follows in the footsteps of the previous games, and the result is a game that can't be called anything other than flawless.
http://www.gamespot.com/n64/adventure/legendofzeldaoot/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

The game scored a metacritic ranking of 99/100

MGS is highly ranked also, but it scores lower with the critics. the only people that give it a 100% rating are biased (Official Playstation Magazine)
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psx/metalgearsolid?q=metal%20gear%20solid#critics

No Game can compare with Ocarina of Time.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by vowiski(m): 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2008
nothing comes close 2 MGS!
.your posts re really misleading
please give me a break!
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by texazzpete(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2008
vowiski:

nothing comes close 2 MGS!
.your posts re really misleading
please give me a break!

I'm sorry my posts are misleading to you. Actually, the target audience for my posts are people with IQs above 15, so it's understandable if you do not comprehend my words.

However, it may be that your problems lie in your inability to grasp semi-complex english sentences. Purchase 'brighter grammer' and you'll reach nirvana.
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by vowiski(m): 5:12am On Feb 20, 2008
texazzpete:

I'm sorry my posts are misleading to you. Actually, the target audience for my posts are people with IQs above 15, so it's understandable if you do not comprehend my words.

However, it may be that your problems lie in your inability to grasp semi-complex english sentences. Purchase 'brighter grammer' and you'll reach nirvana.

keep talking , , , ,
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 20, 2008
metal gear is da shiznit.splinter cell is ok but no effect, ive ended the first MGS on PS1 n sons of liberty on the PS2 console.n also SC choas theory.so i know a lil
Re: Splinter Cell Vs Metal Gear by Donprex: 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2008
I have beem playing metal gear since NES n i was da bomb then(dats as far back as 12 yrs ago)splinter they need to step up their game.i neva see any splinter cell way beat sons of liberty oh my GOD i can play dat game over n over again a hundred times n neva get bored.Hideo Kojima keep it up(intruder alert)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fairly Used Playstation Vita For Sale / How Many Hours Do you Spend Playing Games Per Week? / Sony 16gb Memory Stick Pro Duo 16g Ms For Psp Camera Dc For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.