Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (1590 Views)

David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) / David Mark Visits The Palace Of The Och'idoma - Photos / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by ak47mann(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2011
Senate President David Mark has decried the poor power supply in the country declaring that the situation has worsened in recent times.

Speaking yesterday during inauguration of Senate Committee on Power and Steel, Mark said all the talk about improvement in power generation capacity is a ruse as it has failed to translate into improved power supply in the country.

According to Mark “I have not seen any change in power supply, if anything the situation is getting worse. It is very painful and we agonise over it all the time. The whole dream about vision 2020 will just remain a dream without the power situation improving.”

Mark asked officials in the sector to adopt radical means of solving the situation saying “the situation of power goes beyond statistics on the pages of paper. If sacking people will be the solution lets sack them and get results.

“It is not all about saying that you have generated so much megawatt. I think we should even stop saying that we are generating 3,000 megawatts because that is supposed to be for a small town.”

While inaugurating the committee on National Security and Intelligence, Mark declared that the Boko Haram threat is just a passing phase and will soon be contained.

He charged security agencies to bring the situation under control as it can scare off investors from the country.

Mark also inaugurated the committees on National Planning, Nigerian Navy, Niger Delta and Police Affairs.

DAILY TRUST NEWSPAPER

Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OAM4J: 3:26am On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 3:30am On Oct 07, 2011
I asked this question a while back, but got no response. Does anyone on here work in the power sector? Is there a way to verify the claims that power generation has improved? We have heard numerous stories of improvements, even during the months Yar adua was comatose. It would be great if we would at least learn to verify what we hear.

If a whole 3rd-in-line can call these improvement story a ruse, then it makes sense for everyone out there to demand proof of this assumed increase.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by dayokanu(m): 3:35am On Oct 07, 2011
I thought the Retardeen led govt said power was improving
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by EkoIle1: 4:02am On Oct 07, 2011
Is this really news?

It's really funny reading how the senate president whose desk approves everything and anything from manpower to contracts and financing within and outside the power sector apparatus passing the buck when he himself is part of the catastrophic failure.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by arsenefc: 4:09am On Oct 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I asked this question a while back, but got no response. Does anyone on here work in the power sector? Is there a way to verify the claims that power generation has improved? We have heard numerous stories of improvements, even during the months Yar adua was comatose. It would be great if we would at least learn to verify what we hear.

If a whole 3rd-in-line can call these improvement story a ruse, then it makes sense for everyone out there to demand proof of this assumed increase.

You can always go down to Nigeria yourself, you know?

Or call your relatives in Nigeria or better still apply for work in PHCN to find things out and report back to us.

Why must someone else always do stuff for you, why cant you be the person reporting back to the rest of us.

Kobo, dont be lazy, get off your fart arzs and be the change you want to see in Nigeria. Be proactive!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by arsenefc: 4:11am On Oct 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

Is this really news?

It's really funny reading how the senate president whose desk approves everything and anything from manpower to contracts and financing within and outside the power sector apparatus passing the buck when he himself is part of the catastrophic failure.

Thats not the job of the Senate President. Educate yourself Thifnubu arse licker
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 4:13am On Oct 07, 2011
arsenefc:

You can always go down to Nigeria yourself, you know?

Or call your relatives in Nigeria or better still apply for work in PHCN to find things out and report back to us.

Why must someone else always do stuff for you, why cant you be the person reporting back to the rest of us.

Kobo, dont be lazy, get off your fart arzs and be the change you want to see in Nigeria. Be proactive!

So going by the way you must have been raised, asking a question of another is out of the question? I must NEVER ask questions of others? Sigh!!!

Anywho . . .

Kobojunkie:

Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Beaf: 4:14am On Oct 07, 2011
It is quite clear that the headline is in the usual tabloid style of the Nigerian press. Any clever person can read between the lines and see that David Mark was advising the power and steel committee in the strongest of words to sit up and make 2020 a reality, to which end he would love not to hear about generating 3000MW, but rather see it. The news is told quite differently in other more responsible news papers and on other news websites.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by koruji(m): 4:24am On Oct 07, 2011
See 3000MW? That is not what Mark said - he basically said it is miniscule because "it is for a small village".

The title is also correct since Mark also said he had not seen any improvement in power despite all the talk - hence a hoax.

Mark is campaigning for 2015.

Beaf:

It is quite clear that the headline is in the usual tabloid style of the Nigerian press. Any clever person can read between the lines and see that David Mark was advising the power and steel committee in the strongest of words to sit up and make 2020 a reality, to which end he would love not to hear about generating 3000MW, but rather see it. The news is told quite differently in other more responsible news papers and on other news websites.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by EkoIle1: 4:31am On Oct 07, 2011
arsenefc:

Thats not the job of the Senate President. Educate yourself Thifnubu arse licker

Olodo. You mind telling us who clears and confirms appointments of federal ministers and officials, who approves and rejects federal budgets, who approves federal contracts?

I'm waiting.

I don't know why this lack of civic education dullard is always in a hurry to put his ignorance on display.

Btw, is there any reason why you are always giggy about your love for Tinubu's a.s.s?

I know your name is arsenefc so obviously, you sniff a.s.s, but it's like you can not get the man's a.s.s.s out of your mind. I they say A, you come back with your love for Tinubu's a.s.s, if they say B, you come back with Tinubu's a.s.s.

Why is NL so full of gahyy people running all over the place with their gross ho.mo.se.xual fantasies?
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by EkoIle1: 4:44am On Oct 07, 2011
arsenefc olodo, I know you are trying to google your way out, wiki can not help you and I forgive you.

I know clowns like you learn the hard way, keep chasing me around with your ignorance and I'll keep clowning you and your idiocy.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by juman(m): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2011
I don't think the country would survive the mess we are in, it's tooooo severe.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2011
Beaf:

You are totally without shame or honour. A worthless human being in my opinion. What is wrong with you ? The man says , without equivocation, that "the situation is getting worse" and you are still here attempting your rudimentary and patronising spin. You really deserve to be flogged publicly. Useless sycophant. People like you are the reason things are not improving with how you continue to kiss azz. Rather than join the clamour to force GEJ et al to privatise the sector ASAP , and as they promised before the elections, you are here attempting crude deception.

Mark said all the talk about improvement in power generation capacity is a ruse as it has failed to translate into improved power supply in the country.

According to Mark “I have not seen any change in power supply, if anything the situation is getting worse. It is very painful and we agonise over it all the time. The whole dream about vision 2020 will just remain a dream without the power situation improving.”
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OmoTier1(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2011
(2051 campaign has start?

@beaf, which contract is more juicy? Mark or Rochas  :'
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by hercules07: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2011
@Omo_tier

I believe Beaf's contract with GEJ goes up to 2021 (another 6 years), though, Mark or Rochas could outbid GEJ or simply elevate his portfolio.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Beaf: 9:14am On Oct 07, 2011
Hey! Make we shout eee! Somebody has been misquoted so its vulture day!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Big vulture, small vulture. . . ALL vultures, come out to dance!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 9:26am On Oct 07, 2011
Beaf:

Hey! Make we shout eee! Somebody has been misquoted so its vulture day!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a total  and an annoying layabout . A jobless sycophant like you , probably posting from a squalid room abroad, would not know what Nigerians face . That is what I wrote to your silly "brother" (Johndoe) below. You people are disgraceful with how you would rather defend the incompetence of your kinsman instead of joining the agitation to ask, unanimously and without equivocation, that the right thing be done . You are a clown with no conscience and zero appreciation of what Nigerians are going through because we have gained another defender of the status quo as President .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-776265.0.html
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OmoTier1(m): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2011
Beaf:

Shameless imp, devoid of truth, am I surprised? Not really.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Beaf: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2011
Gbawe:

You are a total  and an annoying layabout . A jobless sycophant like you , probably posting from a squalid room abroad, would not know what Nigerians face . That is what I wrote to your silly "brother" (Johndoe) below. You people are disgraceful with how you would rather defend the incompetence of your kinsman instead of joining the agitation to ask, unanimously and without equivocation, that the right thing be done . You are a clown with no conscience and zero appreciation of what Nigerians are going through because we have gained another defender of the status quo as President .

So Gbawe, the evil Tinubu's number 1 defender has suddenly metamorphosed into a voltron defender of the Nigerian masses!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Life wan hend! Hidiot!

Who do you think you are fooling, yourself or your fools parade (all na di same grin)

Abeg, carry your crocodile tears to the parade ground. Pesin go wound o! Its vulture day! Weak vulture, strong vulture all unu come out! Winshes are welcome.
Make una come dance gidigba dance e! grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OmoTier1(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2011
@beaf,
I know in Delta state, power is constant and all the villages from burutu to amasonga also have street lights! , have patience, I will deliver ;P
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by otokx(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2011
The enabling environment in Nigeria is very harsh.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2011
Beaf:

So Gbawe, the evil Tinubu's number 1 defender has suddenly metamorphosed into a voltron defender of the Nigerian masses!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Life wan hend! Hidiot!

Who do you think you are fooling, yourself or your fools parade (all na di same grin)

Abeg, carry your crocodile tears to the parade ground. Pesin go wound o! Its vulture day! Weak vulture, strong vulture all unu come out! Winshes are welcome.
Make una come dance gidigba dance e! grin grin grin grin

F.ack off !!!! Effing tool !!! You are nothing but a cheap wh.ore. Now, run off to the mods and report me. Unlike a teachers pet like you , totally in awe of authority, I don't care what anyone will do if I speak my mind in calling out 419 sycophants like you. Nigeria , currently , is a disgrace because of the likes of weak and compromised leaders like GEJ who lead on behalf of the "owners of Nigeria" . The gradualist policy drives of your hero abets only the prosperity of those who seek to keep Nigeria as it is.  Something will give. Bank on that !!!! Boko Haram  has shown Nigerians how to cower the FG. Keep up your deceptive talk. That is what we expect from a reprobate like you !!! You are waste of space.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by ak47mann(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2011
this is funny  cheesy cheesy cheesy beaf chill the country needs good leadership[b] Gbawe [/b] is right is time for people to tell themselves the truth,other countries are moving forward even poorer countries with the little resources they have,trying hard to take their people out of poverty.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2011
While privatization remains the best long term solution to the power sector problem, Nigerians are yearning and screaming  for uninterrupted power supply. Sensible investors are wise enough to stay away from Nigeria no thanks to Boko Haram and possible disintegration of Nigeria perhaps before the a power station is completed. Only yesterday, I  heard the Energy Minister - Barth Nnaji making passionate pleas to the American investors to be more aggressive in their investment in Africa, Nigeria specifically. He was emphatic on the opportunities in the energy sector.

Nigeria has two options: Wait endlessly for private sector investment in power that may never come, or take the bull by the horns by building yours.
Under this difficult and challenging option, a responsive and responsible government know that is is incumbent upon them to undertake short solutions of building power stations, while still canvassing for private sector investment.

Rigid and naive commentators, and professional critics
expect magic bullet solution, probable because they don't have an idea what it takes to be in leadership position in a difficult country. Personally, I think t[b]he middle ground approach (government initiatives alongside private sector investment ) is the idea solution considering the huge demand gap in the sector. [/b]If well managed, which I have no doubt, considering the caliber of people involved in this government, in not distance future paid critics, and professional hypocrites will soon be out of job. Team GEJ is silently, and efficiently doing a good work. I can only commend their tenacity!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2011
ak47mann:

this is funny  cheesy cheesy cheesy beaf chill the country needs good leadership[b] Gbawe [/b] is right is time for people to tell themselves the truth,[/b]other countries are moving forward even poorer countries with the little resources they have,trying hard to take their people out of poverty.

Thank you my brother. We may not see eye to eye always but let us tell the truth sometimes so that we can all , [b]whatever corner we are from
, have dignified lives other Africans are now enjoying as the norm !!!!! The neanderthal conditions Nigerians live under , because of the greed of a few , is highly condemnable !!!! GEJ promised that the FG will not be involved in power generation and distribution beyond June 2011.

Now they have done a total U-turn on that pre-election promise to remain active players in a sector , because of the intrinsically corrupt structure of Nigeria, they can never be effective in. It is sad that all we have in Nigeria are traitors like Beaf defending the treacherous behavior of their kinsman while ignoring that Nigerians deserve dignity other Africans enjoy and now take for granted. It is the likes of Beaf who ensure we can never speak vociferously as one voice against blatant misrule .
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Beaf: 11:25am On Oct 07, 2011
Gbawe:

F.ack off !!!! Effing tool !!! You are nothing but a cheap wh.ore. Now, run off to the mods and report me. Unlike a teachers pet like you , totally in awe of authority, I don't care what anyone will do if I speak my mind in calling out 419 sycophants like you. Nigeria , currently , is a disgrace because of the likes of weak and compromised leaders like GEJ who lead on behalf of the "owners of Nigeria" . The gradualist policy drives of your hero abets only the prosperity of those who seek to keep Nigeria as it is.  Something will give. Bank on that !!!! Boko Haram  has shown Nigerians how to cower the FG. Keep up your deceptive talk. That is what we expect from a reprobate like you !!! You are waste of space.

Dis dude sef! You're so entertaining, just like a toy! You just pull di rope small and Gbawe begins madness! grin grin grin grin
My back wan broke wit laf o!

Gbawe knows how to form NL Jesus. . . Until someone pulls out Tinubu's sins, then the devil begins to shine through his lil red eyes!!!
O critical gan! grin grin grin grin grin grin

All hail voltron!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Bawss1(m): 11:36am On Oct 07, 2011
Why are there 2 threads with similar titles running. The mods had better lock one of them.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2011
@OAM4J.

You ended the thread I started (see below) because this one existed. Did you even do a minimal check to see that my thread started many hours before this one? What is this arbitrary behavior due to ? If you prefer to censor certain posters why not just say so ?

Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OAM4J: 12:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
Gbawe:

@OAM4J.

You ended the thread I started (see below) because this one existed. Did you even do a minimal check to see that my thread started many hours before this one? What is this arbitrary behavior due to ? If you prefer to censor certain posters why not just say so ?

My bad, apologies!. I thought yours just came up. I didn't notice it last night while I was locking similar threads and checking for the earliest ones. I even had to get the source link for the one i thought was the earliest. So when i saw yours this morning i just assumed you newly opened it.

Pls accept my apologies, i will reverse it.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OAM4J: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2011

(1)

They Are Killing Christian Governors In The North - Benue State Governor / Leadership Skills I Learned From Nelson Mandela / The Bad State Of Roads In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.