Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (6796 Views)

David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) / David Mark Visits The Palace Of The Och'idoma - Photos / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2011
Oga, we know you are pro-elite and anti-people, but have you and your ilk not "eaten" enough? Abeg, privatise the damn sector and leave us be. At least that way , we know that serious States will get the chance to procur their own adequate power solution. We have had enough of your redundant talk. It is so annoying that Nigeria is a bastardized version of Nationhood where those who cause all the problems get to pretend to be part of the solution.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35601:mark-talks-of-power-improvement-a-ruse-&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Mark: Talks of power improvement a ruse

Senate President David Mark has decried the poor power supply in the country declaring that the situation has worsened in recent times.

Speaking yesterday during inauguration of Senate Committee on Power and Steel, Mark said all the talk about improvement in power generation capacity is a ruse as it has failed to translate into improved power supply in the country.

According to Mark “I have not seen any change in power supply, if anything the situation is getting worse. It is very painful and we agonise over it all the time. The whole dream about vision 2020 will just remain a dream without the power situation improving.”

Mark asked officials in the sector to adopt radical means of solving the situation saying “the situation of power goes beyond statistics on the pages of paper. If sacking people will be the solution lets sack them and get results.

“It is not all about saying that you have generated so much megawatt. I think we should even stop saying that we are generating 3,000 megawatts because that is supposed to be for a small town.”

While inaugurating the committee on National Security and Intelligence, Mark declared that the Boko Haram threat is just a passing phase and will soon be contained.

He charged security agencies to bring the situation under control as it can scare off investors from the country.

Mark also inaugurated the committees on National Planning, Nigerian Navy, Niger Delta and Police Affairs.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OmoTier1(m): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2011
I am beginning to suspect this mark. This guy is eyeing the presidency big time and He knows His position as Senate President stand him a very good chance if He can play his game well.

It begger belief how critical Mark has become since He took over this present Senate in May and I have been observing him closely, a different Mark seemingly pro-people, pro-nigerians is systematically being potrayed to Nigerians.Just yesterday He said ", 2015 is just around the corner, "

In any case, He is damn right but ugly
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Johndoe100(m): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2011
I am sorry, but he is wrong, there has been an improvement. It is sad that aliens like gbawe and co will always have to rely on 2cd hand reports. I suppose he has to ginger up all the commitees with a pep talk is what this is.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2011
Johndoe100:

I am sorry, but he is wrong, there has been an improvement. It is sad that aliens like gbawe and co will always have to rely on 2cd hand reports. I suppose he has to ginger up all the commitees with a pep talk is what this is.

You are a madman and a total reprobate. Is is because I have no time for dullards like you that you are emboldened to write the crap you do above ? I have been in Nigerian for the past month and I am here 4-5 months out of 12 in a year . The mods can confirm it by checking my IP right now. I live in the Bode Thomas area of Surulere. There is nil improvement here . Folks like you are a total disgrace. I got back from a 12 day visit to Ghana yesterday. The light was constant and only off for 5 hours , for upgrade repair, in my whole time in Ghana. I got to Lagos at 10 am yesterday. We have not had any electricity since then except for PHCN playing yoyo with switching the light on for 2 minutes and then off again damaging equipments  !!!

Shameless bigots like you support GEJ blindly and shore up lies and deception because he is from your region. May God forgive idiots like you. The man , to win an election, blatantly promised that the Government will hands off power generation and distribution by June 2011 because he knew this is what all Nigerians want to hear. He has now done a total U-turn to return us to the discredited models that sees big contracts being issued with no commensurate result and sickening bigots like you are here making noise. Either join the clamour to force the FG to fully privatise the sector or bleep off !!! I had a crappy sleep last night thanks to you know what and generators are making so much noise all over my area as I type right now so I have no time for the bigoted shite you write to support your clueless "brother" who is clearly not up to the task !!!!  !!!! angry angry angry f.ack off !!!!!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Bawss1(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2011
^Take it easy man. There are people whose only joy in life is that they upset the likes of you, don't fall for their tricks.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2011
Bawss1:

^Take it easy man. There are people whose only joy in life is that they upset the likes of you, don't fall for their tricks.

Thanks my brother for your advise. I am just extremely pissed off after getting back from a 12 day tour of Ghana, Togo and Benin to now face zero electricity for 24 hours and extreme noise and air population. It was the same before I left. It is just too much to read how these animals are defending nonsense because their afiliation , first and foremost, is to their kinsman rather than to what is right and just. We all know what needs to be done !!! It is sickening GEJ can be carrying out the usual deception (" we will privatise" only to do a U-turn once in power) that ensures the FG remains in the "juicy" power sector only for idiots like Jonhdoe to have the nerve to label patriotic and decent Nigerians "aliens". If I see him now I would probably beat the crap out of him !!!!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2011
While privatization remains the best long term solution to the power sector problem, Nigerians are yearning and screaming for uninterrupted power supply. Sensible investors are wise enough to stay away from Nigeria no thanks to Boko Haram and possible disintegration of Nigeria perhaps before the a power station is completed. Only yesterday, I heard the Energy Minister - Barth Nnaji making passionate pleas to the American investors to be more aggressive in the investment in Africa, Nigeria specifically. He was emphatic on the opportunities in the energy sector.

Nigeria has two options: Wait endlessly for private sector investment in power that may never come, or take the bull by the horns by building yours.
Under this difficult and challenging option, a responsive and responsible government know that is is incumbent upon them to undertake short solutions of building power stations, while awaiting private sector investment.

Rigid and naive commentators, and professional critics expect magic bullet solution, probable because they don't have an idea what it takes to be in leadership position in a difficult country. Personally, I think the middle ground approach (government initiatives alongside private sector investment ) is the idea solution considering the huge demand gap in the sector. If well managed, which I have no doubt, considering the caliber of people involved in this government, in not distance future paid critics, and professional hypocrites will soon be out of job. Team GEJ is silently, and efficiently doing a good work. I can only commend their tenacity!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by wesley80(m): 11:38am On Oct 07, 2011
@Gbawe,
Pipe down abeg, if it has suddenly become too difficult to live without power you can move to one of those countries you spent your 12day tour, at least it would help put your BP in check. The power problem in Ngr didnt start today and only those blind to progress will fail to acknowledge the fact that gains are being made allbeit modestly. What's important is that we are back on track, it may not translate immediately to your having regular power in your Surulere home, but we are still making progress nevertheless so please do us all a favour and spare us your bile, you r no use to us as a vegetable!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Beaf: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2011
Gbawe:

Thanks my brother for your advise. I am just extremely pissed off after getting back from a 12 day tour of Ghana, Togo and Benin to now face zero electricity for 24 hours and extreme noise and air population. It was the same before I left.  It is just too much to read how these animals are defending nonsense because their afiliation , first and foremost, is to their kinsman rather than to what is right and just. We all know what needs to be done !!!  It is sickening GEJ can be carrying out the usual deception (" we will privatise" only to do a U-turn once in power) that ensures the FG remains in the "juicy" power sector only for idiots like Jonhdoe to have the nerve to label patriotic and decent Nigerians "aliens". [size=21pt]If I see him now I would probably beat the crap out of him !!!![/size]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
kweke! Awon Tinubu trained boxers wit thin thin k-legs don full town! Make una run o!

--hint read the below with a Warri accent---
Gbawe wan beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaat una!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2011
wesley80:

@Gbawe,
Pipe down abeg, if it has suddenly become too difficult to live without power you can move to one of those countries you spent your 12day tour, at least it would help put your BP in check. The power problem in Ngr didnt start today and only those blind to progress will fail to acknowledge the fact that gains are being made allbeit modestly. What's important is that we are back on track, it may not translate immediately to your having regular power in your Surulere home, but we are still making progress nevertheless so please do us all a favour and spare us your bile, you r no use to us as a vegetable!

Man mi , it is only because I consider you alrightish , unlike idiots like Beaf and PointB, that I will spare you "my bile" . You and I both know that far more could be done so let us vacate the pretense we are "back on track" . That kind of talk is for dreamers with no ambition and no exposure to the world at large.

My annoyance stems from how GEJ, deceptively, stated , before the elections , that the FG will[b] totally[/b] hand over generation and distribution to the private sector by June 2011. What do we have today? They even suspended power sector spending before the elections because "no more money will be spent before a holistic privatisation plan emerged". Yet, the GEJ Government , perhaps because they had an election to win, actually began issuing huge Power sector contracts before the elections !!!  

I ask again , what do we have today? The power sector is so lucrative that it is only a brave Nigerian President totally committed to the progress of Nigeria who will totally embrace a hands-off policy favouring the competent private sector.  Man mi have some ambition. Speak the truth and shame the devil. We all live once . Losers faff about and predicate their success on hope and luck . Winners act deliberately to secure progress !!!!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kx: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2011
Another talk talk session.
Since he figured the whole thing is a ruse,
what has his office and person done about it?
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2011
Hahahaha the GEJ followers are now fighting themselves, These were the same fooooolsssss i told and begged to vote Buhari in, Who do we have there, "A clueless illiterate who relies on luck rather than work" Lets sit back, relax and enjoy our suffering. It pays sometyms to be a foo.l
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by MrWhy1(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Gbawe

Sycophant-ism rules in Naija due to limited supply of logical and critical thinking.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by kaboninc(m): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
Abeg Gbawe, all these ranting you just dey do no get head. Na when GEJ tell you say him go hands off electricity by June 2011? All these rubbish bear parlour talk. If Ghana dey get uninterrupted power supply go there. Abeg
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by otokx(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2011
its no longer news.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by kaboninc(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2011
All these cow.s talkin s.h.it about this government would still be the same people offering vague ideas on how to move the nation forward. Maybe they think running a nation is like running a team. Thats if they can even manage one.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Otunbakay(m): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2011
Gbawe:

Man mi , it is only because I consider you alrightish , unlike idiots like Beaf and PointB, that I will spare you "my bile" . You and I both know that far more could be done so let us vacate the pretense we are "back on track" . That kind of talk is for dreamers with no ambition and no exposure to the world at large.

My annoyance stems from how GEJ, deceptively, stated , before the elections , that the FG will[b] totally[/b] hand over generation and distribution to the private sector by June 2011. What do we have today? They even suspended power sector spending before the elections because "no more money will be spent before a holistic privatisation plan emerged". Yet, the GEJ Government , perhaps because they had an election to win, actually began issuing huge Power sector contracts before the elections !!!  

I ask again , what do we have today? The power sector is so lucrative that it is only a brave Nigerian President totally committed to the progress of Nigeria who will totally embrace a hands-off policy favouring the competent private sector.  Man mi have some ambition. Speak the truth and shame the devil. We all live once . Losers faff about and predicate their success on hope and luck . Winners act deliberately to secure progress !!!!
I perfectly understand ur frustrations, dont worry that inevitable revolution this country need is closer than we know
@beaf i think u are beginning to apear to me as someone just doing his job; by that i mean u 're been paid to be the voice of GEJ on social network and it's a full time job 4 u. It baffles me to see how blindly u support GEJ without even applying deplomacy/constructiveness and tactics. I wish u well with ur portfolio.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2011
I really don't want to get into this as it is for me, the most Annoying thing about Nigeria.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by TippyTop(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
I think its time this Gbagbo man move to Ivory coast.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by forkadict(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2011
Ijogz K:

Hahahaha the GEJ followers are now fighting themselves, These were the same fooooolsssss i told and begged to vote Buhari in, Who do we have there, "A clueless illiterate who relies on luck rather than work" Lets sit back, relax and enjoy our suffering. It pays sometyms to be a foo.l

Are you sure Gbawe was a GEJ apologist?
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
Gbawe:

Blind, arrogant, and professional social media based critics like Gbawe is better off in his Ghana and Ivory Coast utopia world. His blatant lies, and misrepresentation of facts and events, are becoming too obvious by the day. Very shameful!

Only yesterday, I overheard Barth Nnaji telling American audience that power sector reform is still on track. And every none bias critic know that the investment required in power sector is huge, and serious minded investors (even you and I) are vary of investing in insecure environment. Let me ask us a simple question, how many of us can invest N 5 million (personal savings) in Borno, or even Bauchi if you are not an indigene of those state.

Power is improving, but not fast enough because investors are not coming. Or was Gbawe, and his co-travellers denied the opportunity to invest in power sector.? Simply crying blue murder to stir up anti government sentiment is not just disingenuous, but very vile and devilish rhetoric not unconnected to ethnic bigotry, and political affiliation.  But as usual, it is still bound to fail. The earlier you and your paid agent of foreign powers leave this country, the better for the rest of us hard-working millions of Nigerians who supported and still support the president.

We will give him time. and understanding, and he will steer the course of this ship which have been bastardized long before he came to power. Government will build more power stations to your consternation!

keep up with your vile and bile. Devilish mofo!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Gbawe

Sycophant-ism rules in Naija [size=34pt]due to limited supply of logical and critical thinking. [/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now I can have my morning coffee with a smile on my face!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by kurus: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2011
kurus:

I concur!. The last time any president of Nigeria invested in the power sector(apart from OBJ) was when they built shiroro dam(i think) and that was more than 30+ years ago. GEJ has been president now for how long? 5 months and you want him to give you uninterrupted power in 5 months? [size=28pt]ARE YOU MAD?[/size]

What magic would your phu-cking buhari do in 5 months to give us power in 5 months? Abeg, abeg, abeg, stop the GEJ hating. whether you like him or not, aint gonna change anything. Buhari aint ever gonna rule this country! if in 4 years, GEJ does nothing about power, please come back here and i will apologise wholeheartedly to you for that. If you got nothing better to stay, go kiss a he-goat anus!

[size=28pt]ARE YOU MAD?[/size] I felt I needed to ask you that same question because your post above screams ignorance. Jonathan Goodluck has been in office for 1 year and almost 6 months. CORRECT YOURSELF!!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 3:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
^^^
And he is going to solve all your hormonal imbalance problem in that short period! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by seal777(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
I am not pro GEJ  but i have to be sincere to say that there is a marginal improvement in power supply in my area (itire, surulere,lagos).

Most times, i don't set my generator for use like its always the case before now cos we might go for 48 hrs without a blink except there is a major fault and also the response time of PHCN staffs in rectifying fault is very good now.

I am a business owner, i run my generator daily on 12 - 18 liters daily before now but the 25liters i bought 11 days ago just finished yesterday night as there was a major fault in our transformer, that has been repaired and we re back on PHCN now as i type.

My main concern is for the power to be stable and reliable enough for the big companies and industries to use as their usage will translate into a more bigger economic savings which will enhance massive economic developments, expansion and job creation.

As for David Mark, He is only playing politics with his mouth, has he forgotten his advice to the same government  to thread the power transformation agenda softly to protect external investors who had invested hugely in importing generating sets?.

I am sure he has been sleeping before now only to wake up after ten years in darkness : HE IS A FOOL.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by zombader(m): 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2011
it seems General mark is not in touch with reality, electricity has improved, his comments can at best pass for an attempt at being a populist
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
seal777:

I am not pro GEJ  but i have to be sincere to say that there is a marginal improvement in power supply in my area (itire, surulere,lagos).

Most times, i don't set my generator for use like its always the case before now cos we might go for 48 hrs without a blink except there is a major fault and also the response time of PHCN staffs in rectifying fault is very good now.

I am a business owner, i run my generator daily on 12 - 18 liters daily before now but the 25liters i bought 11 days ago just finished yesterday night as there was a major fault in our transformer, that has been repaired and we re back on PHCN now as i type.

My main concern is for the power to be stable and reliable enough for the big companies and industries to use as their usage will translate into a more bigger economic savings which will enhance massive economic developments, expansion and job creation.

As for David Mark, He is only playing politics with his mouth, has he forgotten his advice to the same government  to thread the power transformation agenda softly to protect external investors who had invested hugely in importing generating sets?.

I am sure he has been sleeping before now only to wake up after ten years in darkness : HE IS A FOOL.

Thank you o jare! You are sincere and honest Nigerian.

The power problem affects all of us (big and small). But we should not be hypocritical and dishonest not to admit any improvement. The bottom like is that even if 10000 MW is generated today, it will not be enough, because there are dormant demands for power. People like Gbawe know the truth, but like all paid agents of foreign government they try to put a wool over our eyes; and create schism in the government with intention to reap from our blood and tears! You will not succeed Gbawe! Go back to your Ghana, lying mofo!

The questions are:
Are we having major power problem, answer is YES!
Is government sincere in appreciation and effort to resolve the problem - YES
Are we seeing improvement - YES

And we sincerely hope it continues like this. Brick by brick, a house is built!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by kaboninc(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2011
I doubt if some people who claim to be informed are actually informed! GEJ has been president for 1 year and 5 months and we all know the circumstances surrounding his ascension to that office. So been as educated as we claim to be do we think that period is enough to build a power station? Why don't we remove sentiments and analyse issues objectively? Am sure that even in the US, if you make false or sentimental statements the citizens will correct you.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Abali1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2011
NEVER A DULL MOMENT ON NAIRA LAND grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg make I do post the reply b4 my battery go off
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by koolman: 3:52pm On Oct 07, 2011
yes I will agree, there has been an improvement in the last few days. But I have a problem with PHCN people who are the second most corrupt people in Nigeria after the police. They bring outrageous bills for me even when I did not see light in a month.One of them told me to bribe him with 10k so that he will reduce my bills.
I don't still understand how they come about N5000 bill each month without reading my meter.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by jedisco(m): 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2011
I cant help but laugh when i read gbawe and kobo's comments. At least we all know that from recent history the situation on nairaland politics section is the total opposite of the true situation in nigeria.
One question i have for them is: What do real nigerians think about GEJ?
And to those still calling buhari. Any sane person will agree with me that if the elections are conducted again between gej and buhari; gej will still win by even a greater margin
So my question for u is: why do real nigerians prefer gej to buhari if the latter was truly better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okonjo Iweala Would Win The World Bank Presidency / Who Remembers This Hilarious Professor? (photo) / The Foolishness Among Yorubas And Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.