Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? (17362 Views)

I Don't Want To Serve NYSC, How Do I Exempt Myself? / NYSC: How Can A Married Woman Serve In Her Husband's State Of Residence? / NYSC: How My Baby And I Passed Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by compton11(m): 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
naijapikin2:
Self sufficiency is key o.

Don't wait for the government to give you a job.

Get your hands dirty
even those who they buy stolen company oil and diesel?

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Michaelbabs51(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
It's almost 5 years now after service and it's been terrible. I mean very bad, I had to go back to the village late last year when everything turned out to be getting worse. I'm always ashamed I'm still being fed by my parents. It's bee a shameful and disgusting experience so far.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by SweetyZinta(f): 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Douglad:
My cousin wey pass out 6 years ago do tailoring for one year na e vex start bombing.

Less than 5 years later, this guy don buy two Benz build e own property and wan start building of the second one

Enlighten me, wetin be bombing?
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by compton11(m): 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Grab my weed to read and laugh about people suffering
If you like call me wicked I don't give a fuckkk
I can only start feeling ya all pains only if you start stepping into the polling unit without sentiment and tribalism

Hahah....like I said I know the problem of Nigeria
It is tribalism and sentiments.
If a man wins the region and state where there are enlightened, exposed, educated and more Liberal people then that man is supposed to be the president
But we ruined it with religion and tribalism
And you expect me not to rejoice at people's suffering from now? You must be joking

unfortunate motherfucker.

Majority of the people your godfather obi ruled no enjoy, they all ran to Lagos πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Douglad: 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
SweetyZinta:

Enlighten me, wetin be bombing?

LoL. I meant he became a gboy

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by sageb: 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
Snapdrag0n:
It's well.
Nairaland was created for us to share concerns. I'm 29, and I've 4people I've employed paying them reasonable salary every month. I mean salary you can save, with time marry, buy a car or build your house.
I was the SP (senior prefect in my high school), with this you know how intelligent head boy are. Poverty doesn't care if you're intelligent or not.
10yrs after secondary school I try admissions to study biochemistry in UNN, I dropped because no money to continue second year.
I try medicine, pharmacy to no avail until recently. God help me I had a pc and smart phone. I begin to learn hacking, I pay money to learn online from USA, Italy , Pakistan and India and get certificate.

Before now my mother had struggled and i had cleared all my ssce with beautiful grades, got Cambridge Alevel, and a diploma in ICT. I then begin to search for employment to no avail.
My mother sat me down and said my son, you're growing, what's your next plans? All your younger sisters are now graduate 3 are married (this was like 5yrs ago). I told her I'll study medicine. She told me I believe you, you always have the potential but I'm now a pensioner, where will the money come from?
It breaks my heart to hear that. I begin to use my pc day and night, morning and afternoon even without light I'll buy fuel and burn, in my bed coding, learning and I was happy I was creating things.
Sometimes I fail and feel like destroying the pc but I'll stay calm after 2days I'll go back. I begin to get closer to God and one night it drop. I was like why I'm I poor? Why will I be staying back from church when the governor, and some billionaires are leaving their comfort homes to church and praying? I was very angry I took myself to Dunamis.
That night something drop. God gave me an idea and tears begin to drain down my cheeks. For all these years such ideas had been hidden? Even my lecturers they don't know.

When I return home, around 05:30, I begin to write down every ideas that was coming. I drafted and I started working on it immediately without telling anyone.
I completed first part, challenge was now money. While I had admission to start medicine in uniport the same month TB Joshua die, my father also die. I was left broken. Long story short. I lost my dad that year, I lost my admission, I lost the house I was renting.
A lady from my church help me with little money to manage. It was really shameful I also lost my gf. The landlord threw out my stuffs I couldn't take them to my mother's house. But God locate me with a better place.
On August, admission to study in Canada came, I forgot I had applied early January while waiting for jamb admission in uniport. I was happy for the first time. I told mother, she replied it's good but where is the money? I show her it came with a scholarship. She couldn't believe. But I noticed, that night she didn't sleep until day breaks. Guys whatever you do, or pass through. Never say your mother is a witch. Someone that gave birth to you can't bewitche you. Life is full of mystery. Trust in God!

We gather money and I travel to Abuja, the school had told me my visa will be unconditional. Just take to the Canadian embassy in your country. Deadline was October, I did my ppt, ASUU was on strike lols. My dad's burial was November and as the only son the family said it's a must I must attend. So I write to the school for extension and they agreed. While in Abuja, I met someone from Nairaland infact it was two a boy and a girl. The girl was beautiful she loves me, from sighting I feel she was from a rich home or she was working and earning big, we spend sometime together. She supported to assist in anyway she can. Guys, becareful some girls even guys on Nairaland are totally different from the real person posting or quoting your post ok.

I return home and buried my father. On December being the Festive season, I met my pastor and others, they couldn't believe but prayed for me. My girlfriend that left me heard it through a friend I was traveling, and some couldn't believe even my friends in Lagos. I even call one who was my secondary school friend, he turn down my call to say I shouldn't lie to him he had traveled to Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, infact he's a traveller then replied me ...guy you're lying. I felt bad but responded him to say you travel to poor countries that Nigeria is better than. I ended the call.

1week to Christmas I booked my flight one way because the airline said until I show proof as a student for not coming back soon they can't permit me. I did everything and got all my papers. For the first time I was meeting millionaires children & families at the airport, I was like poverty is satanic. Money will make you fresh and you'll meet and have good friends.

I begin to meet people and some beautiful girls travelling to USA, and Canada too. I'm sure they might detected I'm new because there's difference between a person travelling regularly with their rolling box and a Jonny just come! That's how I was looking. But I had courage, because for one to travel to Canada and study medicine wasn't a child's thing even for those who had money to travel there. So they'll ask about my destination I told them Alberta Canada, they'll ask for?? I'll politely tell them I'm a medical student. They'll keep quiet. Got my number and I was happy to meet fresh people.

School fees to study medicine in Canada is not 4000usd or 6000usd o. I just humble myself until departure. For the first time entering international airlines. When the airplane started ascending and I saw how high is the telecom mass and we were flying passing and going up up.. plus the breeze that was touching me. Tears run down my cheeks the suffering Nigerians are passing through. I was like I'm free! Let me not explain more.

Finally after 2days I arrived University of Alberta, my friends were already waiting for me because we have a telegram group and those white girls were already talking about a Nigerian coming to join us. They'll add me and I had many friends even before I arrived. I took photos and share with my siblings, my mother for the first time she had pride to tell neighbours, and friends my son you're looking for is no more in Nigeria 😁. She was happy.

When my friend in Lagos saw,I believe their silence was a shame . Until today I've never talk to him. That's how our friendship ended.

What I developed at home showed me that God was preparing me but I never knew. After I arrived here I notice exchange rate was rising and imagine your mom trying to send you 100k in Canada for a food and rentals? Bills here are monthly. Paying for internet, water, heating, power, and many. In a month my bill is 70k after changing to naira.

This is when I launch the application I was developing while in Nigeria. I put it in playstore and app store. Omor see downloads. If I mentioned the app name now or the website, you'll see the traffic is not ordinarily. This is were I'm getting money for other things and also employing people to work for me. By year end I'll increase to 7 and before end of 2024 I'll have 25-30 people working under me.

ICT money is like blood money, oil money, drug money, and football money. It has no limits. While you have time now, it's not too late to learn skills. I'm unveiling my car on my birthday and bookmark this page you'll see who is the CEO. Young but full of something. I told myself medicine is just a family thing, not what will feed my family and relatives. But my ICT kills. Don't wait for employment or taking files working to people offices when you can start up something.
If you don't have money to survive, can you employ 4people? This didn't come in one day. Calm down and learn. Think. This is a true life story, everyone has theirs. See you ✌️.

Risk is key: Used your Nysc money to build an app or create something. If need be sacrificed your school fees for year, deferred the admission for 1year and start up something within that year. If you need mentorship in any IT field you want to invest on or start up something or you want to learn programming. Contact me
Email: info.lightcloud@gmail.com.

An inspiring story
Congratulations

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Brunosamel(m): 7:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
Tri7nity:
With the level of graduate unemployment in Nigeria, were you me asking yourself what you will do after NYSC and boom you were done with service. One year after, how has it gone? Share your experiences. Let's learn together
God dey by my side I finished my NYSC on March stayed at home in April applied for hotel job in May met my destiny helper that employed me in his company as a PA/ Accountant Not knowing he was giving appointment by former president Buhari, now I work both private sector full time and public sector per time contract staff the sweetest part it comes with free accomodations in Abuja. Nah God run am for me and I'm grateful....
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Brunosamel(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
Theactor:
What i have see and learn in this life is that grace should just locate someone couple with hardworking oo,grace without hardwork cannot work.
in this life,I have seen who work so hard and earn peanut and seen who work not too hard and making good money,it drawn to the fact that life is a mystery
to all fellow strugglers, I pray grace locate us,is so depressing and sad not knowing how future will hold,but let keep hope alive and have a strong faith that things will turn out better.
it is well.
Try talk nah so grace take locate when I applied for hotel job never knew I will meet my destiny helper in the hotel lest than a month I applied to work there.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by blaze83(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Tri7nity:
With the level of graduate unemployment in Nigeria, were you me asking yourself what you will do after NYSC and boom you were done with service. One year after, how has it gone? Share your experiences. Let's learn together

Served in 2019 as a Graduate Assistant in a University in South South,. Being that I read a course (Petroleum Engineering) in the university that required strong connection to get a job (My 400L IT na connection I use get am) and I even graduated with a Second Classs Lower, I knew it was gonna be really hard out there. I used my life saving at the time (About 100k) to buy a London Used laptop and started learning programming while serving.

Before the end of my service year, my house was burgled and my laptop stolen, I almsot lost hope. Heck, I went to a Babalawo to help me retrieve my laptop but the baba na cruise, nothing worked.

After service year, my HOD in the university tried to get my retained as I was really helpful to them, and the department actually needed staffs, it was a new faculty, barely 2 years old, but omo, Graduate Assistant work for University na still connection.

The university were to pay us extra stipends as corpers, but they didn't pay it monthly, everything was lumped up and the whole 11 months paid at the end of service year, totally around 120k (12k per month). I used 50% of the money again to get a second hand laptop from a friend this time (The guy sha gave me a dying laptop), continued my learning. Need to add I was also trading forex and binary initially too, but stopped after several losses.

I went home after the university work no work out and my rent almost expiring. 3 months later, I miraculously got an Oil and Gas job without knowing anyone, just went to the interview, passed the written and oral test and got the offer. 170k net exclusive of HMO, lunch and other benefits, also got a brand new laptop. I was doing the work, used the new laptop to be learning programming, this time, more slowly cos of the burden of work.

2020, Covid year...I was part of those "sacked" as Covid hit the oil industry hard. Meanwhile, before being sacked, we stayed at home for 3 months doing nothing, just collecting money every month. I used that time to accerlerate my learning, I started programming by learning Python so it was easy for me to apply that to data science. The sack came and I used the opportunity to apply for internships in tech, I got Data Science internships where I wasn't even paid. I learned while also applyng to Oil and Gas jobs and even went for interviews.

Long story short, God has been faithful, today I earn with multiple tech skills I acquired over the years. Still building capacity, while thanking God for how far I've come, and how far I trust He can still take me. Don't despair guys, equip yourselves with relevant skills and keep pushing.

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by ExplorerReturns(m): 7:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
Snapdrag0n:
It's well.
Nairaland was created for us to share concerns. I'm 29, and I've 4people I've employed paying them reasonable salary every month. I mean salary you can save, with time marry, buy a car or build your house.
I was the SP (senior prefect in my high school), with this you know how intelligent head boy are. Poverty doesn't care if you're intelligent or not.
10yrs after secondary school I try admissions to study biochemistry in UNN, I dropped because no money to continue second year.
I try medicine, pharmacy to no avail until recently. God help me I had a pc and smart phone. I begin to learn hacking, I pay money to learn online from USA, Italy , Pakistan and India and get certificate.

Before now my mother had struggled and i had cleared all my ssce with beautiful grades, got Cambridge Alevel, and a diploma in ICT. I then begin to search for employment to no avail.
My mother sat me down and said my son, you're growing, what's your next plans? All your younger sisters are now graduate 3 are married (this was like 5yrs ago). I told her I'll study medicine. She told me I believe you, you always have the potential but I'm now a pensioner, where will the money come from?
It breaks my heart to hear that. I begin to use my pc day and night, morning and afternoon even without light I'll buy fuel and burn, in my bed coding, learning and I was happy I was creating things.
Sometimes I fail and feel like destroying the pc but I'll stay calm after 2days I'll go back. I begin to get closer to God and one night it drop. I was like why I'm I poor? Why will I be staying back from church when the governor, and some billionaires are leaving their comfort homes to church and praying? I was very angry I took myself to Dunamis.
That night something drop. God gave me an idea and tears begin to drain down my cheeks. For all these years such ideas had been hidden? Even my lecturers they don't know.

When I return home, around 05:30, I begin to write down every ideas that was coming. I drafted and I started working on it immediately without telling anyone.
I completed first part, challenge was now money. While I had admission to start medicine in uniport the same month TB Joshua die, my father also die. I was left broken. Long story short. I lost my dad that year, I lost my admission, I lost the house I was renting.
A lady from my church help me with little money to manage. It was really shameful I also lost my gf. The landlord threw out my stuffs I couldn't take them to my mother's house. But God locate me with a better place.
On August, admission to study in Canada came, I forgot I had applied early January while waiting for jamb admission in uniport. I was happy for the first time. I told mother, she replied it's good but where is the money? I show her it came with a scholarship. She couldn't believe. But I noticed, that night she didn't sleep until day breaks. Guys whatever you do, or pass through. Never say your mother is a witch. Someone that gave birth to you can't bewitche you. Life is full of mystery. Trust in God!

We gather money and I travel to Abuja, the school had told me my visa will be unconditional. Just take to the Canadian embassy in your country. Deadline was October, I did my ppt, ASUU was on strike lols. My dad's burial was November and as the only son the family said it's a must I must attend. So I write to the school for extension and they agreed. While in Abuja, I met someone from Nairaland infact it was two a boy and a girl. The girl was beautiful she loves me, from sighting I feel she was from a rich home or she was working and earning big, we spend sometime together. She supported to assist in anyway she can. Guys, becareful some girls even guys on Nairaland are totally different from the real person posting or quoting your post ok.

I return home and buried my father. On December being the Festive season, I met my pastor and others, they couldn't believe but prayed for me. My girlfriend that left me heard it through a friend I was traveling, and some couldn't believe even my friends in Lagos. I even call one who was my secondary school friend, he turn down my call to say I shouldn't lie to him he had traveled to Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, infact he's a traveller then replied me ...guy you're lying. I felt bad but responded him to say you travel to poor countries that Nigeria is better than. I ended the call.

1week to Christmas I booked my flight one way because the airline said until I show proof as a student for not coming back soon they can't permit me. I did everything and got all my papers. For the first time I was meeting millionaires children & families at the airport, I was like poverty is satanic. Money will make you fresh and you'll meet and have good friends.

I begin to meet people and some beautiful girls travelling to USA, and Canada too. I'm sure they might detected I'm new because there's difference between a person travelling regularly with their rolling box and a Jonny just come! That's how I was looking. But I had courage, because for one to travel to Canada and study medicine wasn't a child's thing even for those who had money to travel there. So they'll ask about my destination I told them Alberta Canada, they'll ask for?? I'll politely tell them I'm a medical student. They'll keep quiet. Got my number and I was happy to meet fresh people.

School fees to study medicine in Canada is not 4000usd or 6000usd o. I just humble myself until departure. For the first time entering international airlines. When the airplane started ascending and I saw how high is the telecom mass and we were flying passing and going up up.. plus the breeze that was touching me. Tears run down my cheeks the suffering Nigerians are passing through. I was like I'm free! Let me not explain more.

Finally after 2days I arrived University of Alberta, my friends were already waiting for me because we have a telegram group and those white girls were already talking about a Nigerian coming to join us. They'll add me and I had many friends even before I arrived. I took photos and share with my siblings, my mother for the first time she had pride to tell neighbours, and friends my son you're looking for is no more in Nigeria 😁. She was happy.

When my friend in Lagos saw,I believe their silence was a shame . Until today I've never talk to him. That's how our friendship ended.

What I developed at home showed me that God was preparing me but I never knew. After I arrived here I notice exchange rate was rising and imagine your mom trying to send you 100k in Canada for a food and rentals? Bills here are monthly. Paying for internet, water, heating, power, and many. In a month my bill is 70k after changing to naira.

This is when I launch the application I was developing while in Nigeria. I put it in playstore and app store. Omor see downloads. If I mentioned the app name now or the website, you'll see the traffic is not ordinarily. This is were I'm getting money for other things and also employing people to work for me. By year end I'll increase to 7 and before end of 2024 I'll have 25-30 people working under me.

ICT money is like blood money, oil money, drug money, and football money. It has no limits. While you have time now, it's not too late to learn skills. I'm unveiling my car on my birthday and bookmark this page you'll see who is the CEO. Young but full of something. I told myself medicine is just a family thing, not what will feed my family and relatives. But my ICT kills. Don't wait for employment or taking files working to people offices when you can start up something.
If you don't have money to survive, can you employ 4people? This didn't come in one day. Calm down and learn. Think. This is a true life story, everyone has theirs. See you ✌️.

Risk is key: Used your Nysc money to build an app or create something. If need be sacrificed your school fees for year, deferred the admission for 1year and start up something within that year. If you need mentorship in any IT field you want to invest on or start up something or you want to learn programming. Contact me

I tap into your grace bro. I shall get there though life is currently miserable. I believe their is light at the end of the tunnel
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Aguilar(m): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
Going well. Getting mad offers from everywhere. Don't know which to settle for.

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
DanielsParker:
I’m 29. 8 years now for me since I passed out. Hasn’t been easy, I’ve never been employed all my life but someway some how I’ve managed to survive and make life easy for myself. I own a car, and several other properties , and I have got an apartment. Hopefully I should start processing my travel papers next year.

My advice, don’t wait for manna from heaven. Make a move and liberate yourself.

Nice one

Which country
And how much you wan use run your visa

Make I know how much I go budget
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by ogawisdom(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
quote author=Theodanx post=124475303]Just find something to do & move on[/quote]

I have 100k
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Theactor(m): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
Brunosamel:
Try talk nah so grace take locate when I applied for hotel job never knew I will meet my destiny helper in the hotel lest than a month I applied to work there.

wow congrats to you my brother
I love to hear good news like this
I pray for bigger and more grace for you bro
I pray grace locate me as well
such is life,in a twist of event, this might change for good
this one u share,just know that u have indirectly do some people a good favour in which i am among by rekindle there hope in life and believing that despite how bad things are for now, better days are still ahead.
thank you so much for sharing this wonderful testimony.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Theactor(m): 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
adedayo3193:

You are danm right bro
thanks my brother

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Paulagada: 9:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hmmmm
YourBestWriter:
it is 9 years now and counting for me. Finished service in 2015. I stay with my parents in the village now, and I have been their burden for years. Everything just stood still after service year, and the worst was I was unable to save.

Even my hands are tied with no money in my account. I tried to carry block in a block industry, but each labourer together agreed to refuse me that opportunity because they say that I am ajebo, and I don't belong to block industries. I don't know how they find out that I am a book person even though I tried so hard to hide it.

Sometimes I pray for a quick painless death, but everyday God kept providing food for me to eat like as if he doesn't want me to die. But i kept on arguing with him till this day in my prayers. I beg him to take my wretched life painlessly, but it is as if he's enjoying my pains.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Exceed15: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2023
One advice: Never give up because this economy will frustrate una life ehn.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Kreddy: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
Snapdrag0n:
It's well.

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by eteforlor(m): 10:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
millionboi2:
do you work for a company or you are on your own.
Can we fix a date

I'm working for a company.
I'm also a freelancer.

You can contact me via email if you need my services.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by DanielsParker(m): 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
AlabiKILLER2021:

Nice one

Which country
And how much you wan use run your visa

Make I know how much I go budget

Roughly 7-8m . UK
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by correctguy101(m): 12:45am On Jul 18, 2023
Galaxyss:

Nigeria is doomed. The number for graduate is more than the available opportunity, majority even choose to be underemployed just for the survival sake.

Ur signature's giving me vibes..

On the topic...

Being underemployed is not entirely a bad thing. The self harm is staying that way for an overly extended period...

It's never easy, the opportunities are there, seeing them and having the capacity to benefit from them is the real deal.

Like I said, it's not easy but when you're up there, you'll be surprised at others finding it difficult...
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by JobAndVacancies: 1:55am On Jul 18, 2023
Michaelbabs51:
It's almost 5 years now after service and it's been terrible. I mean very bad, I had to go back to the village late last year when everything turned out to be getting worse. I'm always ashamed I'm still being fed by my parents. It's bee a shameful and disgusting experience so far.
thank God we all have understanding parents.
Why don't you try teaching jobs in top private schools around your vicinity, while still feeding from your parents for the time being and save your salary and start business with it
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by YourBestWriter: 1:57am On Jul 18, 2023
Michaelbabs51:

This was the route I took two years ago when things became worst. Had to leave Lagos for my village (I was popular around abule egba, iyana ipaja, up to cement bus stop. I walked that road everyday searching for job until I gave up).

I advice you to push harder for employment so that the unemployment won't go longer. Believe me, from my experience, the longer it goes, the harder for any company to accept you. i have been to interviews and two questions mostly disqualify me. The first one is what have I been doing since 2015 (trust me, they will make sure they know what you have been doing since being unemployed. I've tried to lie but it was of no use). The second is my body language. I have lost confidence, I have lost the ability to be employed by someone without being naive (it is difficult to explain to you on writing).

As for those saying I'm lazy or I made up a story, well, you can choose to say or believe whatever you like. I wasnt expecting much response on the post. My major concern was for the corper to not make the mistakes I made (which is so much I couldn't write everything here).

Thank you to everyone for your contributions. And no matter what situation we find ourselves in this country, God is good.

microbiology bsc

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by JobAndVacancies: 1:57am On Jul 18, 2023
Brunosamel:
show love boss please make your grace reach my side biko
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by JobAndVacancies: 2:06am On Jul 18, 2023
Jeezuzpick:
Hmmmmm......

E be like say OP wan hear stories dat touch today.

Well, it's more likely we will hear takes of woe than wonderful stories, anyway.

People wey don dey chop better no go wan show to avoid billing.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by vickydevoka(m): 2:59am On Jul 18, 2023
EmperorFred:
Boss abeg show me way o
Wic way
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Karlifate: 6:43am On Jul 18, 2023
YourBestWriter:
it is 9 years now and counting for me. Finished service in 2015. I stay with my parents in the village now, and I have been their burden for years. Everything just stood still after service year, and the worst was I was unable to save.

Even my hands are tied with no money in my account. I tried to carry block in a block industry, but each labourer together agreed to refuse me that opportunity because they say that I am ajebo, and I don't belong to block industries. I don't know how they find out that I am a book person even though I tried so hard to hide it.

Sometimes I pray for a quick painless death, but everyday God kept providing food for me to eat like as if he doesn't want me to die. But i kept on arguing with him till this day in my prayers. I beg him to take my wretched life painlessly, but it is as if he's enjoying my pains.

You should've have attached your qualifications at the end of this comment.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Karlifate: 7:00am On Jul 18, 2023
aronski:

Damn bro! This is painful. Am yet to serve though (still schooling) but most times I think we are bound to follow processes and norms set by society and they don't seem to favour most of us in any way. Probably by not going to serve and venturing into something/doing something else before serving might change this day/feeling though.

I might be wrong, but am just saying. I pray God lifts u up. Stay strong!

You're not "bound to follow any processes..."

Here are a few tips for you:

1:
Have a good internet-enabled smartphone

2:
Build good relationships with [forward-thinking] people

3:
Join groups, where you can easily network with other people & let them be aware of your employment status

4:
You have to provide value cos Money follows value. You can't just expect people with money to hand out money to you cos of some paper Degree Certificate

5:
Research about the job opportunities in your field of study

6:
Streamline your job search, you don't have to apply for every jobs you see

7:
Start applying for jobs before you're done with your NYSC

8:
Endeavour to enroll in subsidized Professional Courses during your NYSC, as this would boost your knowledge, connect you with like-minds, make your CV look good etc

9:
Gather relevant experiences & learn how to optimize your CV as at when due. You can't use the same CV to apply for every job, you've to be dynamic with that

10:
Settle all fronts, spiritually.

✍️ ...drops pen
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by rowrowland: 7:03am On Jul 18, 2023
You can't afford to be an ordinary book person, you need to be a street guy. Street in the right sense I mean -look out for what's happening around you and put your head and spirit. Most importantly go get educated on wealth creation , Nigeria is too blessed a place for you to claim ain't nothing on your hands.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Karlifate: 7:12am On Jul 18, 2023
easzypeaszy:
After my NYSC 2014 I did a small calculations
My Camp had a total of 1200 to 1300
So average of 2000 X 37 states in Nigeria 74,000 per set.
We have 3 sets A, B and C so let say 70000 X 3 we have 210,000 every year.

Meaning my set a lone I have average of 70k to battle for work and 210k to battle for job for the whole day.
If I join ppl on ground na like 600k unemployed graduates within 3years

I strted fasting and prayers frm my service year.. Me we no dey go church but since I kw I can pray.. I use pray wan finish mysef

I got many jobs offer evn before I finished service tho it was 30k job den.

After my service.. Did the job for 3yrs salary later moved to 65k

3rd year I use the money come fight job battle for Lagos, God saw me through got a job of 94k

Now I earn double but still praying to God.

No connection no help nobody na just God.
Na 2/2 I use grad

πŸ‘πŸ‘
Happy for you 😊

You obeyed certain life principles & it worked for you.
Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by Karlifate: 7:32am On Jul 18, 2023
Malocity:

WITH ALL HUMILITY

Leave the village to somewhere else. One thing I have discovered in life is that only very few people make it above average at home (village). Except people who went into politics. You must have something inside of you that is valuable and people are ready to pay to see perform it somewhere else. I never thought it twice to relocate to somewhere else after my service year. People who make waves never did that at their home town or village. Even in the Bible; Abraham, Jesus, Joseph, Isaac, Esther...name them. Pray to God for guidance to where you can sow. God bless you.

πŸ’―

Money follows Value

Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by JerryGyang(m): 7:48am On Jul 18, 2023
E get as e b

Should I Serve In Zamfara Or Redeploy? / NYSC: Osaghe Osaigbovo Remanded In Custody For 'Criminal Trespass And Forgery' / Can ASUU Strike Affect NYSC Batch C Posting?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129