Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,046 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh (12651 Views)

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth / Daniel Okoh Elected President Of The Christian Association Of Nigeria / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Godsonkemz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2023
The man of God is right. My uncle, a fervent and devoted christian developed serious health challenges as a result of constant fasting which continue to deteriorate his health. What started as ulcer transmogrified to other serious health challenges.
I pray to God to show him mercy and heal him.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by mechanics(m): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2023
That's true.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Rockyheight: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
Christ met them where they were working hard and blessed their hard work. God can not bless idle hands.

jesusjnr2020:
You could be hardworking and still die of hunger.

Being hard-working doesn't guarantee the lack of hunger.

Peter and Andrew toiled all night in the sea but caught no single fish. Luke 5:5
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
iCauseTrouble:
Religion / Christianity is not an assurance to good life. I have seen so many holy and born again people die of sickness, depression, hunger, accident, building collapse, plane crash and so on.
Don't let anyone fool you!!!
How did you ascertain that they were indeed holy and born-again? undecided
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Eriokanmi: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Interesting success story. I have one question though cheesy. How did he become top in his set when according to you he had "family background problem".
His family background problem forgot to attack his academic success?
Good question. Evil people could allow you to get to a point in life and wait for you with close monitoring until when you get to a point where your efforts of many years would start to pay off and truncate it.

Most of the problems we all have or face in life can be traced to our backgrounds while some were caused by us cos of either our negligence or naivety. That's human nature. There are several of such examples in the bible and in our generation too. There are many first class graduates today who are roaming the streets. It's not ordinary my brother. I attended one interview years back, during which we were discussing generally as applicants...we were just rubbing minds together. One guy said people get employed every day despite how though it has always been in the Labour market and without even influencing it. That's why we should pray always
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by AngelicBeing: 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Good question. Evil people could allow you to get to a point in life and wait for you with close monitoring until when you get to a point where your efforts of many years would start to pay off and truncate it.

Most of the problems we all have or face in life can be traced to our backgrounds while some were caused by us cos of either our negligence or naivety. That's human nature. There are several of such examples in the bible and in our generation too. There are many first class graduates today who are roaming the streets. It's not ordinary my brother. I attended one interview years back, during which we were discussing generally as applicants...we were just rubbing minds together. One guy said people get employed every day despite how though it has always been in the Labour market and without even influencing it. That's why we should pray always
l agree with your post, Your background, family-Line, Familytree, family root, Foundation and Ancestral lineage must be addressed properly via Foundational cleansing Prayers, skeptics, will disagree but the Truth is this, the strength of a building lies in it's FOUNDATION, Your background and Faulty family Tree plays alot of role on how far the building (your life) will stand or crumble wink

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Eriokanmi: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
AngelicBeing:
l agree with your post, Your background, family-Line, Familytree, family root, Foundation and Ancestral lineage must be addressed properly via Foundational cleansing Prayers, skeptics, will disagree but the Truth is this, the strength of a building lies in it's FOUNDATION, Your background and Faulty family Tree plays alot of role on how far the building (your life) will stand or crumble wink
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Peter and Andrew toiled all night in the sea but caught no single fish. Luke 5:5

God blesses the works of your hand. Peter and Andrew got net breaking miracles when God intervened in their handiwork.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Very correct, especially when you pray amiss. I worked in a popular telecom company years back. I wasn't making a headway despite all the accrued benefits. I now resigned and went to inform the man of God, a successful first generation chartered accountant in Nigeria, who stood as my guarantor and informed him I had left the company. He now said, hmmm! I was thinking you were doing very well as I wasn't hearing from you since you joined the company.

He said to me, please, pray that the Lord should lead you in the right direction and show you the right path to your career freedom. God answered that prayer. Meanwhile, before then I had always been praying that God should provide a better job for me, which payed much better and with much more benefits in same sector, not knowing I was directing my prayer elsewhere.

In the bible, Peter and his brother had toiled all through the night but caught no fish. But Jesus said, put down your net and they said master, we've toiled all through the night with no catch (still telling stories) but at your word, we'd cast down the net. We knew what happened next. You can imagine they had been applying their same usual experience as fishermen in catching fish and without listening to Jesus when he spoke. They'd have left for home with fruitless efforts.

Pastor Adeboye was praying for just a house to be built for God for the gathering of His people and God told him stop asking me for a house. because I can give you a city and he changed the prayer point. Today, anyone who visits the redemption camp would know its a city indeed. Its bigger than the entire VI and lekki put together. One auditorium alone is 4x4 km in size, not to talk of the old ones and where people built houses and live. There's nothing you'd look for in a city that you'd not find there, except an airport but there's a helipad. They had their own power plant.

A friend of mine had a problem traceable to his family background. He's very intelligent and graduated top of his set. He'd write aptitude tests but they'd not call him. There was one in which he was second on the list of those who applied to Nigeria breweries job in those days. I was the one who collected the parcel which their rep who was driving a brand new Toyota condor brought to him cos he wasn't around to receive it. He asked me, where's our new colleague? He was one of the finalists selected from across Nigeria. They were just 6 in number. I was so happy for him. He just got married too and his ex wife was so happy. In the letter, they told him they'd invite them soon for a chat before resumption. That was the last he heard of them. All the 5 were employed except him. Today, one of them is an oga at the NB.

My friend was very prayerful but always prayed amiss. The day he tackled the family background war as exposed to him by a man of God during an intense prayer session, and those evil people told him they've left him alone ooo when the unseen fire of God hit them, was the beginning of his freedom. He has recovered all. His family relocated to UK but he stayed back home due to his thriving career. He never knew the problem was his family background. He was always praying for better jobs which he'd never get, though great opportunities kept coming his way. I have several similar stories but time won't permit me to tell it all.
Christianity in Nigeria is no different from traditionalism at all at all. See how this one just dey spew tales as if from the lips of a babalawo while lacing it all with mentions of God. lipsrsealed
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Quebec91(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
cheesy
Thundafireseun:
There is no work in Nigeria

Don’t blame people because God did it for you
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2023
Umsworld:

wetin be god of men man of God handiwork

Just asking for a friends grandma
To spread lies using the many mentions of the name of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Abemy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nsogbu001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTBLbOML5Q

According to Rev. Mike Okoh, prayers are good, fellowships are good but all these things without handiwork is a waste.

Stop wasting your time in the church praying and fasting without engaging in any handiwork. It doesn't work that way.

You don't expect God to fall down from heaven and help you when you are not doing something meaningful.

Listen carefully and mediate over it as you go to church today.
Got bless us all.

Many people especially Nigerians don't know the difference between fasting and starving.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by InvertedHammer: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

/
Peter and Andrew lived thousands of years ago. So don't justify your laziness with their lifestyles.

The citizens of the great and progressive countries in the world do not waste their time praying and fasting for divine Providence. They work. They are the ones actually supporting the prayerful nations like Nigeria littered with unproductive prayer warriors.

/
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
Abemy:
Many people especially Nigerians don't know the difference between fasting and starving.
But there is no difference. Your starvation/diet fasting achieve one goal and that goal is weigtloss. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Eriokanmi: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Christianity in Nigeria is no different from traditionalism at all at all. See how this one just dey spew tales as if from the lips of a babalawo while lacing it all with mentions of God. lipsrsealed
Mr atheist, I hail you. I never expected anything different though. People who don't expect any favour or gains by any means and from anybody, but taking their time to make such true-life expressions can't be said to be lying.

You'd undestand how far your ignorance had led you someday. I can only pray for lost souls like you cos your atrocities never reaches one-quarter of Paul's yet, he was saved. So I won't condemn you.

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
■ Mr atheist, I hail you. I never expected anything different though. People who don't expect any favour or gains by any means and from anybody, but taking their time to make such true-life expressions can't be said to be lying.
■ You'd undestand how far your ignorance had led you someday. I can only pray for lost souls like you cos your atrocities never reaches one-quarter of Paul's yet, he was saved. So I won't condemn you.
I am not an atheist. Rather, I am not gullible enough to swallow the tales you lot like to spew. undecided

2. Pray for lost souls? God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the prayers , praises,offerings, vows, seeds, good works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and hence never reach God. So what good are your so-called prayers for "lost souls" when you are just as removed as they are from God? lipsrsealed
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Raph82(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Modified:

To all those who can't comprehend my point, kindly read and understand.

Jesus who made it easy work for them to catch many fishes than they'd ever done with all their hard work in life, used the illustration of the birds of the air who don't toil but God feeds to prove to them that it's not by hard work but obedience of God's Word. Hence the saying, "seek first the Kingdom of God and everything shall be added to you".

After all, God made it easy for man in the beginning when man didn't need to work hard to feed but just to obey God's Word. God made feeding free for man, but man only had to work hard to feed after he disobeyed the Word of God and God told him he will have to toil and sweat to be able to eat of the ground.

So obedience is the most important thing spiritually speaking. If all you have in this world is hardwork but you don't obey God's Word, you have gained nothing in Truth.

God bless.
Peter & Andrew might have toiled trying to catch fishes as fishermen, when Jesus came to the scene, he gave them the direction to which they should cast their net, they did and harvested bountifully. They had handiwork which Jesus could give them direction on. God says " I will bless the works of your hand". If one doesn't have a work or be hardworking in whatever he's doing, what then will God bless?
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
Agoziemoses:

God blesses the works of your hand. Peter and Andrew got net breaking miracles when God intervened in their handiwork.
Wrong!

God blesses the work of your obedience. If they didn't obey Jesus despite their hardwork, they wouldn't have been received that blessing from God.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
Raph82:
Peter & Andrew might have toiled trying to catch fishes as fishermen, when Jesus came to the scene, he gave them the direction to which they should cast their net, they did and harvested bountifully. They had handiwork which Jesus could give them direction on. God says " I will bless the works of your hand". If one doesn't have a work or be hardworking in whatever he's doing, what then will God bless?
Do not confuse God for man. Hardwork means nothing to God if you're not obedient to His Word. God didn't intend for man to work hard but to obey His Word. Hard work only came from disobedience in the beginning. So stop speaking as though God cares about working hard as men do. Men love to work hard but hate to obey God's Word.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
Yeah, if you don't pay tithe, sow seeds, give to your parent and spiritual parent.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
Peter and Andrew lived thousands of years ago. So don't justify your laziness with their lifestyles.

The citizens of the great and progressive countries in the world do not waste their time praying and fasting for divine Providence. They work. They are the ones actually supporting the prayerful nations like Nigeria littered with unproductive prayer warriors.

/
Trust me, I work harder than you so if I'm lazy then you're more than lazy.

The western world you speak of hate working hard so much they relied on getting slaves to do their hard work for them. So stop deceiving yourselves thinking they work harder than African who they used as slaves to do their hardwork including Nigerians.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Raph82(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
Do not confuse God for man. Hard work means nothing to God if you're not obedient to His Word. God didn't intend for man to work hard but to obey His Word. Hard work only came from disobedience in the beginning. So stop speaking as though God cares about working hard as men do. Men love to work hard but hate to obey God's Word.
While you obey his injunctions, you must be diligent in whatever you do too. God himself did hard work when he created the world and everything in it, including man (he got his hands dirty big time in molding man from the dust), he worked so hard to accomplish the work in no time, and he rested on the seventh day, can't you see that was a hard work taken by God himself? U can't hide under obedience to dodge hard work or diligence. God does not condone laziness in his kingdom.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by AmVeryOk: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nsogbu001:

According to Rev. Mike Okoh, prayers are good, fellowships are good but all these things without handiwork is a waste. Business Card

Stop wasting your time in the church praying and fasting without engaging in any handiwork. It doesn't work that way.

You don't expect God to fall down from heaven and help you when you are not doing something meaningful.

Got bless us all.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by CaptMarvel(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nsogbu001:

According to Rev. Mike Okoh, prayers are good, fellowships are good but all these things without handiwork is a waste.

Got bless us all.
I don't understand? Why would a church put a flat screen behind the pastor? If I can't see the pastor in front of me, how would I see the thing on the flatscreen that's behind the pastor.

People that pray and fast also have handiwork, some pray to get handiwork, it's good to do one without leaving the other.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by ComeToJesus: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

Modified:

To all those who can't comprehend my point, kindly read and understand.

Jesus who made it easy work for them to catch many fishes than they'd ever done with all their hard work in life, used the illustration of the birds of the air who don't toil but God feeds to prove to them that it's not by hard work but obedience of God's Word. Hence the saying, "seek first the Kingdom of God and everything shall be added to you".

After all, God made it easy for man in the beginning when man didn't need to work hard to feed but just to obey God's Word. God made feeding free for man, but man only had to work hard to feed after he disobeyed the Word of God and God told him he will have to toil and sweat to be able to eat of the ground.

So actually loves to work hard but hates to obey God, but obedience is the most important thing spiritually speaking. If all you have in this world is hardwork but you don't obey God's Word, you have gained nothing in Truth.

God bless.

Absolutely!!

1 Like

Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2023
Raph82:
While you obey his injunctions, you must be diligent in whatever you do too. God himself did hard work when he created the world and everything in it, including man (he got his hands dirty big time in molding man from the dust), he worked so hard to accomplish the work in no time, and he rested on the seventh day, can't you see that was a hard work taken by God himself? U can't hide under obedience to dodge hard work or diligence. God does not condone laziness in his kingdom.
Calling things into existence aside moulding man from clay is not exactly what you would call hard work, but even if you choose to disagree, you can't deny the fact that God didn't intend for man to work hard to feed, if not He wouldn't have made man to freely eat of any fruit He made. God only required obedience from man, but guess what, man chose hardwork through disobedience, that's why he has to work hard to feed which wasn't the original plan of God for man.

So as I said earlier, do not confuse God for man, because man loves hardwork but hates obedience of God's Word which is all God requires from man.

Not surprised though if you value hard work so much because you're also man yourself, but i value the obedience of God's Word over hard work just as God does.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by marvellous2222: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Mr atheist, I hail you. I never expected anything different though. People who don't expect any favour or gains by any means and from anybody, but taking their time to make such true-life expressions can't be said to be lying.

You'd undestand how far your ignorance had led you someday. I can only pray for lost souls like you cos your atrocities never reaches one-quarter of Paul's yet, he was saved. So I won't condemn you.
My brother God bless you for analysis, i can see you're spiritual gifted and oriented, I have a question,
Pls can explain family foundation and curses ,and signs and how can a Christian deal with it
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Eriokanmi: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not an atheist. Rather, I am not gullible enough to swallow the tales you lot like to spew. undecided

2. Pray for lost souls? God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the prayers , praises,offerings, vows, seeds, good works, etc., of the unrighteous are made filthy by their sins and hence never reach God. So what good are your so-called prayers for "lost souls" when you are just as removed as they are from God? lipsrsealed
You don't sound like someone who's a believer of Christ and that makes you either an atheist or a non-Christian. I've read lots of your reactions to several reasonable opinions and posts , including those confirmed and backed by the biblical words and teachings, which you have kicked against here in NL.

Only atheists and non-Christians would behave that way. You could be either of these or both. People don't have to start swearing by their lives before you'd believe any story just because it didn't happen in your presence or it's got no match as your faith or reasoning. Those bible teachings you've attacked here in the past made you more of a non-believer. But God knows how to handle people like you, not me, not any human. Bye
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by UnabashedIPOB: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
According to Rev. Mike Okoh, prayers are good, fellowships are good but all these things without handiwork is a waste. Stop wasting your time in the church praying and fasting without engaging in any handiwork. It doesn't work that way. You don't expect God to fall down from heaven and help you when you are not doing something meaningful.

Finally, it is good to see a pastor who can deliver a true message to his followers. It's actually a breath of fresh air to see this because oftentimes, these pastors and so-called men of GOD thrive in lies and deception to rob and steal from their followers. They live a very opulent lifestyle while most of their followers don't even know where their next meal would come from, It boggles the mind to even think that some people would believe the lies that come out of their mouths. How can any person with any brain cells believe that he could fast and pray all day while doing nothing else and expect to sustain his life? Even the Bible that these preachers read and supposedly preach from tells us in 2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10, "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." So, how then can these deceivers and liars from the pit of HELL with a straight be encouraging their followers to sit in church all day fasting and praying in hopes that manna would fall from heaven? I hate to disappoint these sloths, but it does not work. If you do NOT work and you decide to stay home or in your church all freaking day fasting and praying, just like this pastor said, you will die of hunger. Africans especially Nigerians need to understand the principles of life that GOD does not work in a vacuum. Just like in any biological reaction, you must have a substrate, so must you work in other for GOD to bless your handiwork as you fast and pray.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Voicelesschild: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
orisa37:
THE BIBLE IS THE BREAD OF LIFE.
WE DON'T DIE BY THE BREAD, WE LIVE BY THE BIBLE.
Re: You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh by Akharmony: 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2023
Narrative is changing..nah the same una pastors and co. before deh hate on innovations,, science and technology always preaching againt it and make it look like every gadget is demonic...Aleast una eye don deh clear...Live prayer for who believe in prayer biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi's Easter Message: Suicide Not The Way Out Of Economic Hardship / Six Important Ways To Please God / Michael Jackson's Brother Runs To Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.