Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" (50683 Views)

Leaders Of World Religions Adopt Human Fraternity (Pics) / Daniel Okoh Elected President Of The Christian Association Of Nigeria / Francis Meshioye: Ogboni Fraternity Was Created To Promote Christian Values (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2017

A Lagos-based pastor and leader of Kingdom Fire Ministry International, Chukwudi Okoh, has called on the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Christian Association of Nigeria, and the Nigeria Police Force to investigate a threat letter purportedly written to him by some people who claimed to be members of the Ogboni Fraternity.

Okoh, who spoke with our reporter on Tuesday, said he had gone to his church auditorium in the Okokomaiko area of Lagos State on November 7 for a meeting with other church leaders when he saw the letter which he thought was a prayer request.

On opening the letter, the 52-year-old Ebonyi State indigene said he discovered that it was a threat to his life over his involvement in the destruction of traditional shrines and conversion of some idol worshippers to Christianity.
Our correspondent, who saw a copy of the letter, observed that it was signed by two unnamed persons who claimed to be ‘Secretary’ and ‘Akpino Grandmaster’ of the sect.

They claimed to be officials of the western headquarters of the group based in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The letter, dated November 3, read, “Dear Chukwudi Okoh; We the Aborigine Fraternity of Nigeria hereby warn you against character assassination. You are warned to desist from destroying our religion in the name of your confession; turning our members away from our ancestral traditional way of worship. We have sent out men to warn you on several occasions, but you (refused to) adhere to our warning.

“We have many reports against you (on) how you destroyed our temple and burnt our materials of worship (malicious damage) in Ogun, Kwara, Cross River states. All these reports will be used against you unless (you) leave us and our members alone. This is the last warning to you, or else you will run out of Nigeria. We know your house and your church; there will be no hiding place for you.”

The father of five, who said he had already reported to the PFN and CAN leadership in the Ojo area, said he believed some people were out to destroy him.

He said, “I went to church that day for a meeting when I saw the letter on the altar. I was with three of my subordinate pastors. I thought it was a prayer request and when I opened it, I saw it was a threat letter. I reported it to the PFN chairman and we prayed together over it. I also reported it to CAN.

“This is not the first time I will be getting such a threat. Sometime in September, a motorist waylaid me on the road with his car. He said I was disturbing his group and I should stop or else they would come for me. He then quickly drove off.”

Our reporter learnt that the cleric had reported the case at the Okokomaiko Police Station.

Okoh, during a chat with our correspondent, recalled destroying some shrines on the invitation of people who converted into the Christian faith during some of his evangelical outreaches.

He said, “I am a full time pastor and I have been in ministry for over 24 years. I have built churches in four different parts of Lagos, but they were demolished by the government. My present church location is our fifth and hopefully last building.

“I organise crusades with medical treatments for my host communities. There are times people confess to belonging to Ogboni Fraternity and they bring their materials and books for burning. I have done this many times in different parts of the country.

“There was a former Ogboni member that I converted. I can’t say I have any regrets because such is part of my calling,” he added.

Efforts by our correspondent to reach a representative of the sect to react to the letter were unsuccessful.

Telephone numbers of supposed leaders sighted by our correspondent on the group’s Facebook page did not connect despite repeated attempts.

The group’s website was also not accessible as of press time.

The Secretary of CAN, Lagos State, Akinadewo Israel, said he had yet to get a report of the incident from the CAN coordinator in the Ojo area.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti, said investigations were ongoing.

He said, “We are working to get to the roots of the threat. We believe that with the security put in place by the state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi, the people do not have the capacity to carry out any threat. Attempts by any group to attack a place of worship will be resisted.

“The CP, however, warns religious leaders to avoid hate speeches that may injure the feelings of other religious leaders which can lead to situations like this.”

https://thenigerialawyer.com/lagos-pastor-allegedly-threatened-with-havoc-over-shrine-demolition/

2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by purem(m): 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
mr pastor I thought your God is the only living God na embarassed why then are you afraid

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
Dis one is no longer a spiritual battle
I pray God help him

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Edu3Again: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
purem:
mr pastor I thought your God is the only living God na embarassed why then are you afraid

he is doing what he can, leaves what he cant to God.

119 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by fxjunkie(m): 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
m
Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by IAMSASHY(f): 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
undecided God protects his anointed

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by not4sure(m): 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
grin I am not devil here but what are you looking for there, you are not different from Boko Haram that blows place of worship. Because you just scattered someone place of worship. You can convince them to join you not destroying it

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
Good evening everyone. I hope you all enjoyed your day?

I am so sorry for derailing the thread I just want to ask a serious question.

That guy that use to comment on Frontpage and ask "Do you like barbecue?" where is he?

I hope he hasn't been sold to Libya. I am scared cry

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by blackbeau1(f): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
If it's God who asked you to do that , then speak to him about it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by martineverest(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Serve u right

They weren't disturbing ur peace.... U weren't too find trouble... Face the consequences

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
You shouldn't have destroyed their shrine, last time I checked there's freedom to practice any type of religion in Nigeria.

Just because you are a Christian doesn't give you the right to destroy their shrine, to try to convert them to your own religion undecided

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Orpe7(m): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Whit Sh*t hits the fan grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Flashh: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hypocrisy in disguise.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by themonk(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jigba:
You shouldn't have destroyed their shrine, last time I checked there's freedom to practice any type of religion in Nigeria.

Just because you are a Christian doesn't give you the right to destroy their shrine, to try to convert them to your own religion undecided

you are one of the very few sensible people in nairaland.

anyway I don't believe the pastors claims, pastors can configure any story these days to appear more powerful and be more appealing to prospective members.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by dallyemmy: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Keep fasting and praying using the word of God! You will prevail!

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by ehissi(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Oo
Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by FuckTheMod: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2017
Stupîd wicked brainless foolish pastor.

He destroyed another person's worship house and he wants to worship in peace in his own.

Why is he writing to the whole world now, can't his jesus save him from the men threatening his life now?

No peace for the wicked. You're fuckīng on your own
angry
angry
angry

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by KingTom(m): 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jigba:

Just because you are a Christian doesn't give you the right to destroy their shrine

and if they burn and destroy his church, we'll call them hoodlums grin

25 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2017
Who send am work?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
KingTom:
and if they burn and destroy his church, we'll call them hoodlums grin

Ikr grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by davillian(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
Who gave u permission to destroy their shrine.
U never see anything.

11 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by valgbo(m): 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
m
Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
I don't believe this man. He looks like who wants cheap publicity.

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nbote(m): 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
Cheap publicity stunt... D shrine u claimed U claimed to destroy na ur own? If d owners are afta u go and ansa dem or what does he want ppl to do for him.. If he didn't know he was strong enof why poke d bear?

15 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Alexk2(m): 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
I dont just get it..why will you destroy their strine to start with? I'm a christian and not even Freeze can sware me away from Jesus but when pastors/so callef christians act this, i wonder if we're reading same bible or if they really understand what christianity is all about. What makes you now different from boko haram than destroy churches?

Sebi your own warefare is canal, face them now..

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
I have two words:

1. Wisdom is profitable to all that have it. In all you do, apply wisdom.

2. Do not put the Lord your God to the test.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by adem30: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Who send you to destroy shrine?

In fact it's a criminal activity. Why disturbing other people religion? Can he destroy a mosque?

He should apologise publicly because our constitution allowed Christianity, Islamic and Traditional religion

14 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Buharimustgo: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Foolish pastor,are you wiser than God that allowed them to exist?
For others with similar behavior no amount of prayers can wipe out demons from this earth.
The only weapon we have as Christians is our righteousness

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Xisnin(m): 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2017
This foolish pastor should be sued for desecration and destruction of properties.

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Pebcak: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me" by Bellfun(m): 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
First of, you are wrong for destroying other people's place of worship...

Secondly,if it's the Ogboni you claim are after your life...they won't threaten you with a letter...

And if it's truly Ogboni people...guy you're fuccked! And it has nothing to do with spiritual...they can sue you for destruction of property and most likely the judge will be their member...either way... you're fuccked!

34 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogiame Ikenwoli, Olu Of Warri & His Chiefs Storm Oritsejafor's Church (Photos) / Betty Lasher Who Led Oyedepo To Christ In 1969 (photo) / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.