Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,551 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Ebonyi State Government Condemns Abia Govt Over Sack Of Non-natives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi State Government Condemns Abia Govt Over Sack Of Non-natives (811 Views)

Marilyn Ogar Sues FG Over Sack / Presidency Orders Sack Of Civil Servants With 30 Years In Service And Above / Boko Haram Attacks Forced Us To Send Back Non-natives – Orji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Government Condemns Abia Govt Over Sack Of Non-natives by Onlytruth(m): 1:46am On Oct 07, 2011
Elechi condemns Abia govt over sack of non-natives

From GODDY OSUJI, Abakaliki
Friday October 07, 2011

Disengagement of non-natives from Abia State Civil Service, by the Abia State Government has been described as a move capable of creating disunity amongst Ndigbo . This was the view of Governor Martin Elechi, who said his government was yet to be communicated officially on such proposition, adding that he would at this stage consider it as mere rumour, except proven otherwise in due course.

The governor, who spoke through the Commissioner for Information and State Orientation, Mr. Chike Onwe stated that the issue was still based on rumours, but, however, explained that if implemented, would not only threaten the corporate existence of Ndigbo but also, the wellbeing of Nigerians.

“Disengaging people from service on account of place of origin is backward thinking. But as I said, it is still on the plains of rumour and we don’t react to rumours but to substance. “For now, it is not true, until it is true, the issue will be addressed. I think Ndigbo is a united people and we shall not allow anything to disintegrate this unity but I think it will be unfortunate if such a thing happens it has not happened, it is still on the plains of rumours and until it is made real we will not take any official stand or action”

He stressed the state government would not be part and parcel of any process that would cause disaffection among citizens because of issue bordering on indigenization. He added that non-indigenes in the state were gainfully occupying sensitive position in the state, even among the state executive council members.

“Since we talking about true federalism and we cannot achieve such by being sectional or calling some indigenes and some others non-natives. So for us to achieve true federalism, we must get people to feel at home wherever they are. We are looking at a situation where an individual from Kaduna comes to Ebonyi State and stand for any election and the man from Ebonyi goes to Lagos stands election get elected and serve his term.That’s where we are aspiring to.

“The position of Abia State Government is yet to be made available to the Ebonyi State Government but as I said, it is still on the plains of rumour but if that turns out to be true, the matter will be looked at collectively by the state executive council.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/oct/07/national-07-10-2011-004.html
Re: Ebonyi State Government Condemns Abia Govt Over Sack Of Non-natives by Onlytruth(m): 1:48am On Oct 07, 2011
I know for sure that there is no way T.A Orji can pull this off without the support of Abia state citizens and politicians.
That is why I am still hoping that someone pulls him back from the precipice. A tree cannot make a forest.

(1) (Reply)

Protestor 'shoot Me Let Me Die' / Announcing Uproot Nigeria: A Social Network Alternative For Occupy Nigeria / Save Nigeria Group Disowns Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.