Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy (1999 Views)

Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT / Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner / Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by November1857(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
Removing me as president over failure to score 25% in Abuja may trigger anarchy in Nigeria, Tinubu warns tribunal
The lawyers addressed a section of the Constitution that said a candidate must score 25 per cent of votes in two-thirds of 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, or Abuja

President Bola Tinubu has warned members of the presidential elections tribunal that removing him as president could lead to a breakdown of law and order in Nigeria.

Mr Tinubu admitted his failure to score 25 per cent of votes cast in Nigeria’s capital Abuja, but said it was insufficient to overturn his victory as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

Any other interpretation different from this will lead to absurdity, chaos, anarchy and alteration of the very intention of the legislature,” Mr Tinubu’s lawyers led by Wole Olanipekun said in their final defence statement to the court.

The lawyers were specifically addressing a section of the Nigerian Constitution that said a presidential candidate must score 25 per cent of votes in two-thirds of Nigeria’s 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, or Abuja.

Public commentary has been rife about the intention of the clause after Mr Tinubu won the highest number of votes in a three-way presidential race in February but failed to score 25 per cent in the FCT.

https://gazettengr.com/removing-me-as-president-over-failure-to-score-25-in-abuja-may-trigger-anarchy-in-nigeria-tinubu-warns-tribunal/

2 Shares

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by November1857(m): 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
grin grin
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by mariovito(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lol

Has it degenerated to this?

Making inciting statements that he'll use as loop hole to foment trouble?

Those lawyers representing him and making this rubbish submission should be arrested and made to face the LPPDC.

You have a duty to advice your client to act within the dictates of the law.

But then, this na Naija, nothing go happen.

2 Likes

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by MarveworldG: 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Noted
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by donbachi(m): 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
What if,on the ground of drug and money forfeiture?

4 Likes

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2023
The stupid anarchy will happen in south west undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by sultanofpigs: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
The useless anarchy will happen in sadwasted region.

The useless anarchy will be spearheaded by useless Agbado miscreants and they will be shot.

The useless anarchy, threat, is a subtle mod of begging.

Shey, Garfield1 and seunmsg, are legal department spoke persons for the useless druggie?

Now it's obvious the outcome won't be tampered with ..they have started talking trashy...spits

3 Likes

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by SwissMass: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
I love the boldness if he truly said this, it is quite obvious that it is a lie as always from Biafra Broadcasting Cooperation BBC from upper iweka, they have been bereaved and grieving since Peter girigory Obi their god and savior of Igbo land , the azu river daddy lost woefully
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by MrColdsweat: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mr criminality dey use style beg.

1 Like

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by ResidentSnitch(f): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2023
So to avoid the chaos, Nigerians must allow a mandate-thief- druggie to remain as the president?

2 Likes

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by Ogilinsaka: 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Abeg pack and go

Well meaning Nigerians don't want you

1 Like

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by ubest1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2023
Even if the country will be burn down u must be remove

4 Likes

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by Corn247: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2023
grin
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by SwissMass: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2023
No man born out of woman can unseat Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by Winneepye: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lol they try nonsense they see anarchy gaskiya. There is no monopoly of madness, obi can then become biafra president no need for in Nigeria election.
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by ideynl1: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2023
It looks like Tinubu is seeing the handwriting on the wall, hence the threat to tribunal.

But his followers are online making noise.

1 Like

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by Resurrection212: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
Fake news this Obidient anything to make them happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
Shut up dirty head slamming terrorist..
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by IVORY2009(m): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
Prop12 Yahoo boy grin grin
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by MykellOni(m): 7:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
This table wey una wan shake soo., I gallant dey look o. E be like this movie go sweet well well, I go need like 2 crates....
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by malton: 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2023
Why is this bros using the Buhari approach?

Leaders should not use such strong words, no matter the context.
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by kettykings: 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
This is treasonable felony and the needful has to be done.
Tinubu has committed treasonable felony.
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by nazicartel(m): 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2023
Na still for Lagos e go happen. Wetin concern us
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by iwillnevergiveup: 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
Tinubu should ask himself whether he thinks he truly won this election first.
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by haslaw(m): 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2023
ubest1:
Even if the country will be burn down u must be remove

These are the kinds of statements that made Nigerians to kick Bitter Obi and his IPOB PIIGS to the gutters where he belongs
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2023
The end of the drug baron aka Pablo Escobar and Shekau is coming to an end ..

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest..

God bless president OKORO OBI .
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by DMerciful(m): 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2023
Same was said for Cesar until he was killed. Same was said for Achilles until he was killed.

Nobody is indispensable!
SwissMass:
No man born out of woman can unseat Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu Jagaban the Eze-Chukwu of Igbo land
Re: Removing Me As President Over Failure To Score 25% In Abuja May Trigger Anarchy by optimusprime2(m): 10:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
Correction.... Anarchy already started the day you were declared President without winning up to 25% in FCT

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Nasarawa Guber Judgment / Netayanyu's Wife Raises Alarm Over Coup Plot By IDF. / What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.