Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:15 AM

What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? (1998 Views)

Rejection Of Gender Equality Bill: You Are Wrong, Itodo Tells Senate / All Universities Established By Jonathan Are Illegal-ASUU / Okupe: Critics Of Jonathan Are Silly Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by monkeyleg: 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ok, it has been well over 10 months now, and I have struggled to make head or tail of the current administration. Initially with all the hype and fanfare, I thought Nigerians were up to something good with Oga Goodluck. I waited for the string of good news to flow through, so I could join my brothers in celebrating our Goodluck, but that was never the case.

I am always one to believe in giving people a fair chance until proven wrong; in fact I am well known for being too trusting. That said, I have since learnt that free trust comes with good judgement, at least you then gradually get into a habit of proper discernment. So the GEJ brouhaha was treated with a tint of caution, and rightfully so. I remember almost spilling my big bottle of stout over the Yar-adua victory in 2007, not only because my then candidate didn’t do well, but more importantly I felt Nigerians were being lured into a false sense of trust. If I remember quite well, the argument then was that this was a past Governor who was trusted in his state so much so that he left something in the government coffers on his way out. Though commendable by Nigerian standard, wasn’t enough reason to believe he was the best to lead us forward.
My advice slogan then was, Vote for Change, little did I know that some Afro-American would steal my phrase. Anyway, I felt strongly that what Nigeria needed then was change, change from the usual people change from the Usual Party, change from the way we see things and do things, and I still feel so strongly today.
I have often said that I have nothing against Goodluck, after all he is my brother from the ND and personally I like him, but I think we should all learn to put sentiments aside and reason for the benefit of Nigeria.
I know we have often had friendly banter on here (Political Pygmy – that’s a good one), sometimes turning into unnecessary abuse, but seriously, what if all who believe in Goodluck are wrong? We must really in the words of Warri man “Shine our eyes”.
What are the consequences?
1: Another 4 years of total rubbish / bad government
2: Education Dead and buried
3: Security of Man and property absolutely zero
4: Job prospect for the young and those out of work? Nil
5: Corruption beyond belief
6: No light
These are to name but a few.
I am not being pessimistic, but it is important that Nigerians really reflect on the reasons why they choose their candidates who ever they are. The stakes are too high for decisions to be made based on sentiments alone. We must all learnt to ask ourselves the critical selfless questions

I for one hope that even if he gets in there I am proven wrong, he does well. But judging from the past 10 months, the signs are not good.
Goodluck has not shown true leadership. He might be a gentleman, but we all know that being a gentleman is not enough to do great things in Nigeria
Nigerians must look to facts
1: General security situation in the country
2: General level of corruption in the country
3: Goodluck’s reaction to major incidents, including the on-going Jos crisis
4: The state of the economy
5: Goodluck’s willingness to associate and work with masters of Corruption, thuggery and rigging
This to me does not represent change, rather same old deceit, lies and cheating.
Nigerians, must now start using their heads rather than their hearts, and learn to drive their destiny; at least this is what the Tunisians and Egyptians are doing.
But if Nigerians decide it must be Goodluck for no logical reason, then I wish them well.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by SkyBlue1: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

Ok, it has been well over 10 months now, and I have struggled to make head or tail of the current administration. Initially with all the hype and fanfare, I thought Nigerians were up to something good with Oga Goodluck. I waited for the string of good news to flow through, so I could join my brothers in celebrating our Goodluck, but that was never the case.

I am always one to believe in giving people a fair chance until proven wrong; in fact I am well known for being too trusting. That said, I have since learnt that free trust comes with good judgement, at least you then gradually get into a habit of proper discernment. So the GEJ brouhaha was treated with a tint of caution, and rightfully so. I remember almost spilling my big bottle of stout over the Yar-adua  victory in 2007, not only because my then candidate didn’t do well, but more importantly I felt Nigerians were being lured into  a false sense of trust. If I remember quite well, the argument then was that this was a past Governor who was trusted in his state so much so that he left something in the government coffers on his way out. Though commendable by Nigerian standard, wasn’t enough reason to believe he was the best to lead us forward.
My advice slogan then was, Vote for Change, little did I know that some Afro-American would steal my phrase. Anyway, I felt strongly that what Nigeria needed then was change, change from the usual people change from the Usual Party, change from the way we see things and do things, and I still feel so strongly today.
I have often said that I have nothing against Goodluck, after all he is my brother from the ND and personally I like him, but I think we should all learn to put sentiments aside and reason for the benefit of Nigeria.
I know we have often had friendly banter on here (Political Pygmy – that’s a good one), sometimes turning into unnecessary abuse, but seriously, what if all who believe in Goodluck are wrong? We must really in the words of Warri man “Shine our eyes”.
What are the consequences?
1: Another 4 years of total rubbish / bad government
2: Education Dead and buried
3: Security of Man and property absolutely zero
4: Job prospect for the young and those out of work? Nil
5: Corruption beyond belief
6: No light
These are to name but a few.
I am not being pessimistic, but it is important that Nigerians really reflect on the reasons why they choose their candidates who ever they are. The stakes are too high for decisions to be made based on sentiments alone. We must all learnt to ask ourselves the critical selfless questions

I for one hope that even if he gets in there I am proven wrong, he does well. But judging from the past 10 months, the signs are not good.
Goodluck has not shown true leadership. He might be a gentleman, but we all know that being a gentleman is not enough to do great things in Nigeria
Nigerians must look to facts
1: General security situation in the country
2: General level of corruption in the country
3: Goodluck’s reaction to major incidents, including the on-going Jos crisis
4: The state of the economy
5: Goodluck’s willingness to associate and work with masters of Corruption, thuggery and rigging
This to me does not represent change, rather same old deceit, lies and cheating.
Nigerians, must now start using their heads rather than their hearts, and learn to drive their destiny; at least this is what the Tunisians and Egyptians are doing.
But if Nigerians decide it must be Goodluck for no logical reason, then I wish them well.

"What if those who believe in Jonathan are wrong"? I don't get why people keep talking with this messianic mindset. Is he God? Must we be looking for some messiah in Jonathan or Buhari or Ribadu or Utomi? They are men and at the end of the day if Nigerians don't want to change, Nigeria will not change. What I am interested in is that we atleast get some worthwhile competition among the parties so that at least whoever wins, the one party dominance in the legislature and government in general can be reduced. If we can get more progressives into the legislature in the process, even better. People focus so much on the executive and don't focus nearly enough on the other arms of government and making them get things done as well (my view).
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

You need to get over yourself and get away from this misguided doomsday outlook. Seriously you expect any president to be able to perform miracles.
Security Is the president a genie that will tell disgruntled young men to stop killing and detroying at the slightest provocation?
Education[/b]Last time I checked it takes 16 years of full-time education to turn a primary school entrant into a graduate, so what do you expect from a president in 2 years?
That he should force students to take their studies seriously? That he should end the short cut culture that leads to exam fraud and malpractice
[b]Job prospect
That is down to the private sector not government.
Light Again that can only be tackled by the private sector and would mean a massive increase in tarriffs. There is no free lunch.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by monkeyleg: 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Skyblue,

You make a very good point, and I have often argued same. However, the blind support for GEJ is what should be brought to the fore. our people should really be made to think carefully about their choice, the days of sentiment, should have been long gone, but I am afraid it isnt.

We are still very far from a system that credibly challenges the ruling party, and keeps them in check, like you have in the US or UK. In Nigeria, it is basically Winner Takes All.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by monkeyleg: 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

You need to get over yourself and get away from this misguided doomsday outlook. Seriously you expect any president to be able to perform miracles.
Security Is the president a genie that will tell disgruntled young men to stop killing and detroying at the slightest provocation?
Education[/b]Last time I checked it takes 16 years of full-time education to turn a primary school entrant into a graduate, so what do you expect from a president in 2 years?
That he should force students to take their studies seriously? That he should end the short cut culture that leads to exam fraud and malpractice
[b]Job prospect
That is down to the private sector not government.
Light Again that can only be tackled by the private sector and would mean a massive increase in tarriffs. There is no free lunch.

@Tensor777,

Nigeria is still not on the right track, what is so wrong in getting a leader who can stir the country in the right direction? We must appreciate the consequences of not getting it right now, means another 4yrs of mis-rule, so if that inteprets as doom, so be it.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Skyblue,

You make a very good point, and I have often argued same. However, the blind support for GEJ is what should be brought to the fore. our people should really be made to think carefully about their choice, the days of sentiment, should have been long gone, but I am afraid it isnt.

We are still very far from a system that credibly challenges the ruling party, and keeps them in check, like you have in the US or UK. In Nigeria, it is basically Winner Takes All.
Again you totally miss the point. The "salvation" of Nigeria if you want to call it that will only happen if the people themselves are ready to change. That goes far far beyond keeping government officials in check.
What are you even saying. You expect government officials to develop Nigeria or make you rich?  
Face your business and stop pointing fingers at government officials.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Muza(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2011
THEY are wrong,period

vote BB for the bloodless revolution
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by monkeyleg: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

Again you totally miss the point. The "salvation" of Nigeria if you want to call it that will only happen if the people themselves are ready to change. That goes far far beyond keeping government officials in check.
What are you even saying. You expect government officials to develop Nigeria or make you rich?  

Really? Tensor777, I dont get your point, So a country with the sort of economic and infrastructure climate that exist in Nigeria will thrive in business right?
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Tensor777,
Nigeria is still not on the right track, what is so wrong in getting a leader who can stir the country in the right direction? We must appreciate the consequences of not getting it right now, means another 4yrs of mis-rule, so if that inteprets as doom, so be it.
You believe that. Anyway I don't even know what your point is. You need to be more constructive.
In the issues you mentioned - security job prospects,education  and power supply - can you tell us what you would have recommended to tackle these issues.
In other words I want to hear about your well thought out solutions rather than just reading about a list of  problems
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

Really? Tensor777, I dont get your point, So a country with the sort of economic and infrastructure climate that exist in Nigeria will thrive in business right?

And your point is what?
There are not many businesses thriving in Nigeria.
And you want the government to develop Nigeria.
And how exactly do you want them to go about doing that.
Many questions here that I expect sensible answers to.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Knight1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2011
@tensor
Job prospect That is down to the private sector not government.
Light Again that can only be tackled by the private sector and would mean a massive increase in tarriffs. There is no free lunch

i beg to disagree with you. nigeria is not yet a capitalist society, and even if it was, it is government responsibility to provide jobs and power, whether through the private sector or not!
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
Knight1:

@tensor
i beg to disagree with you. nigeria is not yet a capitalist society, and even if it was, it is government responsibility to provide jobs and power, whether through the private sector or not!
Yes disagree with me if you like. What I would like to hear from you and the OP is exactly how you want the government to go about doing that.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by monkeyleg: 4:23pm On Feb 04, 2011
@
tensor777:

Yes disagree with me if you like. What I would like to hear from you and the OP is exactly how you want the government to go about doing that.

So you rather a govenment that hasnt got a clue. I am simply expressing my opinion on a very pedestrian government that has shown little or no sigh of promise, but you are more interested in me not critisizing the system as it stands. Why dont you simply tell me what the problem with my post is?
And can you alsp comment on whether my observations of the government so far is way off.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

@
So you rather a govenment that hasnt got a clue. I am simply expressing my opinion on a very pedestrian government that has shown little or no sigh of promise, but you are more interested in me not critisizing the system as it stands. Why dont you simply tell me what the problem with my post is?
And can you alsp comment on whether my observations of the government so far is way off.
The point is I don't even get you as you are just whining. You say government officials have not got a clue and yet you have not come up with any positive recommendations.
At least if you do that then we would have something interesting to discuss. What really do you expect from posters here,for now, other than to agree or disagree with your whine list?
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by monkeyleg: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

The point is I don't even get you as you are just whining. You say government officials have not got a clue and yet you have not come up with any positive recommendations.
At least if you do that then we would have something interesting to discuss. What really do you expect from posters here,for now, other than to agree or disagree with your whine list?

@Tensor777,

Why dont you comment on the government as things stand. And why should I be recommending to the goverment what they should do. If you feel the governement has performed, then say so, if not, I am not quite sure what you are arguing about. I am simply stating a fact that people might find themselves under a very wrong impression
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Tensor777,

Why dont you comment on the government as things stand. And why should I be recommending to the goverment what they should do. If you feel the governement has performed, then say so, if not, I am not quite sure what you are arguing about. I am simply stating a fact that people might find themselves under a very wrong impression
Well you are the one with such seemingly massive expectations of government not me.
On the other hand if you are actually campaigning against the ruling party then you are not doing it very effectively.
You would need to be much more specific as opposed to just mentioning general issues.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Beaf: 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

You believe that. Anyway I don't even know what your point is. You need to be more constructive.
In the issues you mentioned - security job prospects,education and power supply - can you tell us what you would have recommended to tackle these issues.
In other words I want to hear about your well thought out solutions rather than just reading about a list of problems

This seems to be a major problem with a lot of people. They just keep screaming hysterically without even getting an intelligent argument together, I can't understand why they can't see that it doesn't make them seem in the list bit smart.

Please people, attempt to make arguments that are cogent and intelligent; when you scream it makes you seem like a whiner who might neither be that honest or intelligent. Muza, honeric01, blacksta, monkeyleg, genbuhari gbawe, and that dude that keeps getting banned grin, etc, please take note; try to say things that make sense and learn to engage in civil argument; strive to aqcuire the art of Critical Thinking,

If you don't like GEJ, give sensible and responsible reasons. Lets not behave like agbero's. Thank you.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by monkeyleg: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Beaf,

You have started this your Junk-Yard dog behaviour once more. Why not comment on why you feel people should have so much belief in Jonathan as much as you do.
I have simply stated why he wont be the wisest choice, instead of responding sensibly, you start shouting like a dog with rabies.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2011
The father's instinct proved true. But his son's good fortune would often come after the misfortune of others. In 1999, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was elected deputy governor of Bayelsa province in the south — only to become governor when his boss was arrested for embezzlement. This week Jonathan, elected Vice President of Nigeria in 2007, has become acting president after the country's parliament decided his boss, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, was too sick to rule.

its looking that way. . .

we have security issues, declining eca. . .gej's good fortune, nigeria funeral dirge
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by blacksta(m): 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
This beaf guy sef 

You remind of the insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan  - with these hit and run approach

your propaganda is obviously not working on NL  .

Every post by  you in relation to achievements of  GEJ , always filled with leaking holes.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

Excellent point you made there!! I keep telling people that it is not the Government that makes countries great! It is the people for crying out loud!! People are expecting waayyy to much from Government forgetting that the Government didn't bring them into existence!!
Government has it's responsibilities and has surely performed poorly in most cases. However, the people have as much responsibility towards developing society and in Nigeria we the people have performed poorly as well.

We expect Government to create jobs but always forget to ask how!! Truth is, the Government's responsibility is to create an enabling environment while the entrepreneurs create the jobs!! In Nigeria, there are much more opportunities than there are entrepreneurs to take them.

I am not trying to absolve Government of its failures, but we the people have to quit this negativity syndrome and start asking ourselves what we can do to contribute to our collective development. Until then, our moral justification for criticizing Government looses its verve!
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

Excellent point you made there!! I keep telling people that it is not the Government that makes countries great! It is the people for crying out loud!! People are expecting waayyy to much from Government forgetting that the Government didn't bring them into existence!!
Government has it's responsibilities and has surely performed poorly in most cases. However, the people have as much responsibility towards developing society and in Nigeria we the people have performed poorly as well.

We expect Government to create jobs but always forget to ask how!! Truth is, the Government's responsibility is to create an enabling environment while the entrepreneurs create the jobs!! In Nigeria, there are much more opportunities than there are entrepreneurs to take them.

I am not trying to absolve Government of its failures, but we the people have to quit this negativity syndrome and start asking ourselves what we can do to contribute to our collective development. Until then, our moral justification for criticizing Government looses its verve!
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
Sky Blue:

"What if those who believe in Jonathan are wrong"? I don't get why people keep talking with this messianic mindset. Is he God? Must we be looking for some messiah in Jonathan or Buhari or Ribadu or Utomi? They are men and at the end of the day if Nigerians don't want to change, Nigeria will not change. What I am interested in is that we atleast get some worthwhile competition among the parties so that at least whoever wins, the one party dominance in the legislature and government in general can be reduced. If we can get more progressives into the legislature in the process, even better. People focus so much on the executive and don't focus nearly enough on the other arms of government and making them get things done as well (my view).

So whats GEJ's job there,

Just to sit down there,

In the morning, Have breakfast with MEND,

afternoon watch Nigerians being killed all over Bauchi, Jos, Bayelsa, Abuja, Maiduguri and go to Redemption camp for the killers to come out and confess,

At night share whatever proceed is in the excess crude account?
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

@tensor777
What is so wrong in expecting government to develop Nigeria? Is it not their job to create an enabling environment for the citizenry to develop the country by providing BASIC AMENITIES? Do you know what it cost an organisation to fuel their generators every day in Nigeria? Do you know what it feels like to spend lots of money in buying bottled water because government couldn't provide clean water for the citizenry? Do you know the impact of lack of these basic amenities on the citizenry?

Do you know what it feels like after spending 8 years in the university [for a course that is suppose to last for a duration of 4 years all things being equal bt bc of inadequacies on the part of govt the study now last for 8 years] and on graduating with honours u still couldn't get a job for more than 6 years of searching all bc your brother is not a senator??

I guess you wouldn't know cause IDIOTS! like u took off to foreign land were government serve the people that voted them in by providing basic amenities and even added luxuries to their citizenry and you are there enjoying those things and talking trash!

As for GEJ, its obvious that he is not the man for the change! He doesn't have the liver to change the situation in Nigeria. He is as sneaky as those that want him to remain there!

He cant even say anything on the killings of innocent Nigerians going on in Jos and other parts of the North cause he doesn't want to loose his votes there!

Even IBB as demonic as he is still have the human heart to make a statement against the killings!

NO! GEJ IS NOT THE AGENT OF CHANGE THAT NIGERIANS NEED TO LEAD NIGERIA TO BRIGHTER FUTURE! QUOTE ME ANY DAY!
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by PapaBrowne(m): 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Topic
Monkeyleg, while I completely agree with you that we shouldn't base our judgments on sentiments, I think your question should also apply to those who believe in Ribadu, Buhari, Shekarau and the rest!
Many people that believe in Buhari have this perception that the man would fight corruption. Fine!Would you prefer that the man fights corruption and destroys the economy with his welfarist mentality? Or do they think that his socialist approach to governance would create jobs in Nigeria
Or do Ribadu's supporters ever ask themselves why despite his 5 year stint as Anti-corruption Czar, Nigeria still remains one of the most corrupt countries in the world? Can they please ask why in 5 years as chairman of EFCC he arrested less than 10 politicians in a country where almost all of the over 1000 elected officials are extremely corrupt?

The reasons I will support Jonathan are simple:
1) His power sector reforms are by a long shot the best compared to the other politicians
2) His election would signal a death knell to the backward born to rule mentality that was instituted by Ahmadu Bello
3) Pro Private sector!! Jonathan is extremely pro private sector! His actions have shown that he believes in less Government and more business!
4)The Niger Delta! Surely this is something that has dragged for too long! For the first time in half a decade, there is less turbulence in the region!!
5)He delivered on his three promises when he took over- INEC, Power and the Niger Delta!! For the first time in a while we are hoping for a truly fair election!!

I like Ribadu and Buhari also (slightly)  but I don't trust their capacity in Economics. If El Rufai were on the ballot mixed out with Duke as VP or vice versa, then surely I would take that over Uncle Joe!
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Just to sit down there,

afternoon watch Nigerians being killed all over Bauchi, Jos, Bayelsa, Abuja, Maiduguri and go to Redemption camp for the killers to come out and confess,

Maybe. But until these misguided young men stop taking the laws into their hands and stop destroying public and private property and stop killing and maiming innocent people there is very little any democratic government official can do except to react to the crises as they unfold.
Or maybe you expect the president to declare martial law with shoot at sight orders and detention without trial and even summary executions.
Then you would have a dictatorship as opposed to a democracy.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by dayokanu(m): 7:08pm On Feb 04, 2011
PapaBrowne:

4)The Niger Delta! Surely this is something that has dragged for too long! For the first time in half a decade, there is less turbulence in the region

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-598650.0.html

Less turbulence? Late December did you hear about bomb blasts in bayelsa? did you hear about Independence Day Bomb blast?

What of the violence in Jos, Bauchi, Borno etc. What of the wanton looting of the ECA
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by dayokanu(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2011
tensor777:

Maybe. But until these misguided young men stop taking the laws into their hands and stop destroying public and private property and stop killing and maiming innocent people there is very little any democratic government official can do except to react to the crises as they unfold.
Or maybe you expect the president to declare martial law with shoot at sight orders and detention without trial and even summary executions.
Then you would have a dictatorship as opposed to a democracy.

You mean in the UK where you reside or any country for that matter, when some people decide to take laws into their hands, the leaders fold their hands and pray the mob in its infinite mercies stop destroying ?

When there were riots in UK like 2 months ago did the PM declare martial laws to curb it?
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-598650.0.html

Less turbulence? Late December did you hear about bomb blasts in bayelsa? did you hear about Independence Day Bomb blast?

What of the violence in Jos, Bauchi, Borno etc. What of the wanton looting of the ECA

Na wa ooo

According to @ Beaf, there is RELATIVE PEACE IN NIGERIA TODAY . . . ROFLMAO!!!
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Beaf: 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

You mean in the UK where you reside or any country for that matter, when some people decide to take laws into their hands, the leaders fold their hands and pray the mob in its infinite mercies stop destroying ?

When there were riots in UK like 2 months ago did the PM declare martial laws to curb it?

No, he didn't. The UK is not a primitive country.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by SkyBlue1: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Just to sit down there,

If that is what you took from my post then that is your business, apologies but I don't really feel like indulging anyone. If you want to say something just say it so we can have a reasonable discussion and stop trying to bait me.
Re: What If Those Who Believe In Jonathan Are Wrong? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2011
dayokanu:

Well I don't know about that. Did you hear of a single person that was killed or any building that was burnt down.
The point I am making which you seem to have missed is that the country is sliding towards a situation where the president would have to declare martial law with all that entails.
And make no mistake the number 1 responsibility of government is to provide security. But how can they do that effectively when riots, killings and massacres keep breaking out all over the place?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan's 133 Aides / Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? / Dele Momodu Loses At Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.