Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (285347 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 4:33am On Sep 01, 2023
Hello

It depends

Chase up if you haven’t gotten a feedback in 15 working days

Cheers
Shekemsheke:
When someone is requested to provide more documents to prove what he has been doing after his graduation . After providing the documents, how long or how many days does it , for him to receive a decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by duchess90(f): 4:34am On Sep 01, 2023
Hello

Minor error

A cover letter stating that this is an error should suffice

Cheers
fastseo:

I just discovered that I made a mistake in filling my dependant date of birth.
her date is 20/6/1999.
i filled 20/5/1999.
i have not paid ihs or visa fees but i can't edit the information again.

what do you suggest I do please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sugargul: 5:10am On Sep 01, 2023
Hi

I feel your pain. Here’s my advice. Focus on the goal. Do not allow temporary emotions such as ego or bitterness get in the way. Right now, you need every single penny you can lay your hands on.

Happiness09:
Something is really bothering me and I want to share it here and know what you guys think.

This japa process has not been easy, the expenses involved is really choking me. I didn't have up to 50,000 naira before I started this journey. My friends from rich homes were applying for admission, I didn't dare do the same because I know I don't have that kind of money but they kept telling me I should just apply and get admission first, that I can never tell, a miracle may happen.

Reluctantly, I applied and by God's grace I got admissions. Just as my friends said, miracle started happening. I started getting support from friends in form of loan. Initially my budget was 9 million naira but after after the hike in FX rate, my new budget became 13 million.

Things started getting tough. I remembered my rich brother. I didn't want to involve him Initially because I know he will not give me. But I was stuck so I just had to involve him. So I called him and told him everything, told him the budget is 13 million, that he should please help me with whatever he can afford, even if it's a loan. He said it's 500k he can afford.

I know my brother can afford 13 million but I wasn't asking him for 13 million. I told him that 500k cannot do much for me, that he should please make it 1million. He insisted on 500k, I later accepted. He said I should call him after one month for the 500k. I called him after one month and still pleaded that he make it 1million but he refused. I had to even start begging for him to send me the 500k. Two weeks later, he sent it.

My problem now is that I feel so bad that this my brother has not picked his phone and called me for once to ask how is the japa process going, no concern, no interest. If I call him to greet him, there's always this silence, like when you're forcing someone to talk to you and he would never ask me how far.

Right now, I just feel like returning the 500k he gave me because it feels like I forced him to give me that money. I have his bank details and I've told myself that two days before I leave, I'll send him back the money, telling him that I feel he is unhappy because he gave me the money so I thought I should return it.

What do you guys think? Should I just keep the money and move on or should I send it back to him.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tristical: 6:17am On Sep 01, 2023
Hello gurus in the house I urgently need a response to this issue.

My friend is traveling to the UK on a skilled worker visa as a dependent
She wants to use Egypt Air but I heard Egypt air doesn't allow you fly if you don't have a return ticket
Please how true is this?

Urgent... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 01, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fastseo: 6:31am On Sep 01, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Minor error

A cover letter stating that this is an error should suffice

Cheers

yes that's what I did, wrote a letter in pdf and also included her birthday certificate alongside.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Atk1nson(m): 6:33am On Sep 01, 2023
Happiness09:
Something is really bothering me and I want to share it here and know what you guys think.

I know my brother can afford 13 million but I wasn't asking him for 13 million. I told him that 500k cannot do much for me, that he should please make it 1million. He insisted on 500k, I later accepted. He said I should call him after one month for the 500k. I called him after one month and still pleaded that he make it 1million but he refused. I had to even start begging for him to send me the 500k. Two weeks later, he sent it.

My ....

How do you know he has 13 million naira lying around waiting for someone to ask for it?

Are you his accountant or banker?

Had a relative also call to give him millions to establish a store in Nigeria, to be returned at some distant date. Found the request very strange and wondered how he imagined I had millions lying around waiting for his request.

Never heard from him since I turned him down and will only send a token to support. I guess he is somewhere saying this same thing

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 01, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Atk1nson(m): 7:09am On Sep 01, 2023
Happiness09:

I said I know he can afford the 13 million just to give you guys an idea of how wealthy he is. There's no where in my writeup I said I asked him for 13 million.

Madam, net asset does not equate liquidity. He has properties worth 100million does not mean he has 1million naira in his bank account that is not committed to something important to him.

You may not appreciate that he has denied himself something to give you even the 500k he sent you.

You may not appreciate he's done you a big favour, because he will likely wait many months to get his money back, likely with no interest. In a country with inflation @ almost 30%, 500k will be worth much less a few months from now and he will have to settle with that.

You may not appreciate that not every one see travelling to the UK as a good investment in career. If that's the case he still gives you 500k to a project he is does not believe in and you may not pay back.

Tell me how many of your good friends, banks and financial institution will borrow you N1M knowing clearly that you intend to travel to the UK on a one-way ticket and you have no job waiting for you in the UK?

This is a classic case of ingratitude.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ants(m): 7:14am On Sep 01, 2023
PhaythOB:
Hi guys,

I had to find a platform to post my dilemma on this Visa issue and see if I can get any advice

I applied since 12th July 2023(biometric date) for dependent visa as my husband the main applicant is already in the UK.

Received NSF mail on the 21st of July. This really broke my heart because I was really hoping all will go well. All documents were uploaded accordingly.

Next, after about 14 working days on the 2nd of August I received a mail to provide additional information. I stayed up all night working on this because mails had to be 25mb or less, I was mindful of this.

First escalation was on 9th Aug. Also sent paid mails.
Waited another 15 working days and then my husband and I got student interview mails each on 29 Aug. The interview was for 30th Aug by 8:30am, we both logged in on Microsoft Teams and waited for hours but no interviewer/host showed up.
At this point it’s been almost 40 working days since my application and I am very tired. Depressed doesn’t even come close to the way I feel right now. I feel stuck. Can’t focus on anything, work, life, church. Right now I don’t know why they didn’t show up for the interview, I’ve sent mails again. All they keep doing is apologizing and saying we should wait and awaiting decision.

I don’t know what else to do. Pray? Com’on don’t you think I’ve been doing that? I just need a decision on this application right now so I can know what to do with my life. This is the worst feeling, “confusion in uncertainty”

How long do I need to wait for? And I have never been a fan of long distance relationships not to talk of marriage.

Maybe try paid call instead, and on the call let the person you're speaking to know how long it's taken and plead for them to give a decision so you can get your passport back
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Newlymarried: 7:48am On Sep 01, 2023
Newlymarried:
Please I will need help with this question

I just got married to my fiancée last month ago,though we have been dating since last year august before she applied for her NHS Job in the UK. Towards the beginning of this year,she applied and after several interviews a particular trust sent her a sponsorship. I want to go with her to start a family there and we have submitted all necessary documents and awaiting there response.

What I failed to understand is

Can I be granted a visa because we have not been married for 2 years??

Please I will be needing your swift response

Thanks
Thanks to you all

God bless your desires!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Izzyagain: 8:08am On Sep 01, 2023
Shaffy001:
Please..to those who ukvi Made mistake on their visa in one way or the other..after the passport was re-submitted for correction,does tls mail for collection or we just have to go there and check.
It's been 5days my dependent submitted without any collections mail.

Thanks as you responded correctly

My wife had similar case and her passport was re-submitted for correction . She got another BRB but TLS did not send collection mail , I later went to collect her passport after some days.
So please after a week or so check with them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ame95: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2023
Good morning everyone

Pls is the dependant IHS fee supposed to be the same as the MA.
I paid $923 as the main application
My dependant fee is $615
Pls is this right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fematcommand: 8:17am On Sep 01, 2023
Pls i am trying to do paid mail and this is my first time pls assistance is needed. How can i fill these dash boxes.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Slitzyyy: 8:30am On Sep 01, 2023
Please any genuine and credible person that needs to pay their IHS and Visa fee. I will do the payment by you sending me your payment link and you will pay me when you get your payment confirmation for both IHS and visa fee.
Please this is a matter of urgency
Please contact me if you are interested or for more clarity on 08039199753
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ame95: 8:31am On Sep 01, 2023
Pls help, because I'm told that the IHS fee for dependant and MA is supposed to be the same

Ame95:
Good morning everyone

Pls is the dependant IHS fee supposed to be the same as the MA.
I paid $923 as the main application
My dependant fee is $615
Pls is this right

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kateyjanded: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2023
Hello duchess, my son did his bio on the 23rd of August and it is still showing "Application transferred to DMC". Mine was received by DMC same day of bio but his own is over a week now. Should I be worried? What Should I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PhaythOB(f): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2023
Good Morning guys, please I was scheduled for an interview on the 30th of August by 8:30am and I waited for hours and no interviewer/host showed up. Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone have an idea what I should do? Please help me out

Hi guys,

I had to find a platform to post my dilemma on this Visa issue and see if I can get any advice

I applied since 12th July 2023(biometric date) for dependent visa as my husband the main applicant is already in the UK.

Received NSF mail on the 21st of July. This really broke my heart because I was really hoping all will go well. All documents were uploaded accordingly.

Next, after about 14 working days on the 2nd of August I received a mail to provide additional information. I stayed up all night working on this because mails had to be 25mb or less, I was mindful of this.

Waited another 15 working days and then my husband and I got student interview mails each on 29 Aug. The interview was for 30th Aug by 8:30am, we both logged in on Microsoft Teams and waited for hours but no interviewer/host showed up.
At this point it’s been almost 40 working days since my application and I am very tired. Depressed doesn’t even come close to the way I feel right now. I feel stuck. Can’t focus on anything, work, life, church. Right now I don’t know why they didn’t show up for the interview, I’ve sent mails again. All they keep doing is apologizing and saying we should wait and awaiting decision.

I don’t know what else to do. Pray? Com’on don’t you think I’ve been doing that? I just need a decision on this application right now so I can know what to do with my life. This is the worst feeling, “confusion in uncertainty”

How long do I need to wait for? And I have never been a fan of long distance relationships not to talk of marriage.
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nanorest: 8:51am On Sep 01, 2023
Tristical:
Hello gurus in the house I urgently need a response to this issue.

My friend is traveling to the UK on a skilled worker visa as a dependent
She wants to use Egypt Air but I heard Egypt air doesn't allow you fly if you don't have a return ticket
Please how true is this?

Urgent... thanks

It's not true
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nanorest: 8:54am On Sep 01, 2023
Ame95:
Pls help, because I'm told that the IHS fee for dependant and MA is supposed to be the same

Dependant is lower

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Nanorest: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2023
PhaythOB:
Good Morning guys, please I was scheduled for an interview on the 30th of August by 8:30am and I waited for hours and no interviewer/host showed up. Has anyone encountered this? Does anyone have an idea what I should do? Please help me out

Hi guys,

Do paid call
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PhaythOB(f): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2023
[quote author=ants post=125499290]

I’ve done several paid calls and paid mails. The same awaiting decision response. I’ve escalated twice now. The issue now is; I was slated for an interview and no one showed up. It’s so unfair and unprofessional to set a meeting and not honor it, with no explanation or reason. This whole thing is really telling on me. I feel like I’m alone in this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fematcommand: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2023
Pls for God sake teach me how to do paid mail.
[quote author=PhaythOB post=125501114][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 9:35am On Sep 01, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Melvix007(m): 10:11am On Sep 01, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Not allowed on this platform

@Justwise please help ban

Cheers
The guy you quoted is obviously a scammer by all indications. The moniker was created just on the 30th of August and has only one post.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PhaythOB(f): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2023
https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/home

That’s the link for paid mail.
Click it and follow the directives…
Have your GWF number handy and all important dates handy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by justwise(m): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

Not allowed on this platform

@Justwise please help ban

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Priskem: 10:41am On Sep 01, 2023
Please can someone use the University address as her place of accommodation. Can the spouse/defendant use the school’s address too. Accommodation arrangement is yet to be concluded

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (274) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

Viewing this topic: smokysmoke and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.