Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (17685 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 7:39am On Oct 12, 2011
ogaju007:

Rabzy: Lets assume you're right, Adam's children would have to Be Intimate with one another to bring forth the next generation ABI!!!? You're not making any sense cause that would be insest that is really frowned upon by you xtians.

God is the one that decides what is right and wrong and also he decides when to allow or forbid a practise. Marriages within close family members were common in the early times. Abraham married his half-sister sarah. Such marriages were not forbidden until the time of Moses, when God specifically made it a sin and a crime to do so.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 8:00am On Oct 12, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
Not only that, Cain met his wife before Adam and Eve started giving birth to other kids - that's the issue here.
all4naija:

It is a shame you don't read your bible very well ,

(Genesis 4:17) And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Keep deceiving yourself!

Genesis chapters 3 and 4 present the following information: (1) Eve was “the mother of everyone living.” (2) Time elapsed between the birth of Cain and his offering the sacrifice that was rejected by God. (3) Following his banishment to become “a wanderer and a fugitive,” Cain worried that ‘anyone finding him’ might try to kill him. (4) God set up a sign to protect Cain, indicating that either his siblings or other relatives might try to kill him. (5) “Afterward,” Cain had intercourse with his wife in “the land of Fugitiveness

The events in those chapters are not listed chronologically as they happened. The events that happened between cain and Abel were very important and so details were given about them. As at the time of Abel's death, there must have been other siblings and possibly granchildren and several generations of cousins because Cain was afraid enough for him to ask God to prevent people from killing him. He was not talking about non-existent humans, these were real threats to his life and God gave him his request.

He was then able to go forth into exile and eventually married and built a city.
all4naija:

^^^^
Not only that, Cain met his wife before Adam and Eve started giving birth to other kids - that's the issue here.

As i earlier mentioned the events were not listed as they happened. The statements of Cain clearly shows that there were other siblings, possibly cousins and nieces. We should not forget that people were living for hundreds of years then, so within a hundred years, the population would have been enough to have enough extended relatives.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ogaju007(m): 8:06am On Oct 12, 2011
rabzy:

God is the one that decides what is right and wrong and also he decides when to allow or forbid a practise. Marriages within close family members were common in the early times. Abraham married his half-sister sarah. Such marriages were not forbidden until the time of Moses, when God specifically made it a sin and a crime to do so.

@Rabzy: Lol I like your type you will never reason reality. So what has changed since then. Did he suddenly realize he didn't like the idea of Family Straffing? grin. Really it doesn't add up. Don't be ashamed to question things. Why not straff your own sister? PLEASE don't be brainwashed.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2011
ogaju007:

@Rabzy: Lol I like your type you will never reason reality. So what has changed since then. Did he suddenly realize he didn't like the idea of Family Straffing? grin. Really it doesn't add up. Don't be ashamed to question things. Why not straff your own sister? PLEASE don't be brainwashed.

I have replied the objection you raised earlier. Am not ashamed to question things and i keep seeking answer to strenghten my faith. Asking me to straff my Sister is dumb because i have told you its wrong. You guys think people and spirits are machine/chemicals and they should react to events the same way under standard temperature and pressure. God has a grand purpose and he unfolds them gradually, he has created intelligent creatures, who have free will and a mind of their own. Events and decisions people make also makes God to adjust his plans accordingly until he achieves his grand purpose which is unstoppable.

Eve was made from Adam's rib and so he declared 'bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh' effectively both of them were blood relatives, they gave birth to children who can only multiply by marrying themselves because there were no one else. Whats far-fetched in that? Men were closer to perfection, so there were no diseases to pass in the blood line, but when the need arose to discontinue the practise and since there are other available distant relatives to marry, God decreed that it should stop.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ogaju007(m): 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2011
@ Gazby ; Look at you sitting down there and manufacturing stories from your imagination which is a repository of what you have been fed since childhood or whenever you became a xtian. How are you so sure Adam and Eve were the only ones created? who told you bout Adam and eve? Who brought you the so called Good News? Do you know why the brought it to Africa? Do you know the history behind the Roman Cath, Anglican and Politics? I guess not. What is Research? What a shame? Some people came to sell their culture and we threw ours out of the window. Look at the Chinese, Indians, Japanese, have they thrown their culture out of the window? We see stupid pastors bringing the Gospel to where it originated from because they want to recieve Tithe in pounds and Dollars. Why not take it to Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Afghanistan, yeye people.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 13, 2011
rabzy:

Genesis chapters 3 and 4 present the following information: (1) Eve was “the mother of everyone living.” (2) Time elapsed between the birth of Cain and his offering the sacrifice that was rejected by God. (3) Following his banishment to become “a wanderer and a fugitive,” Cain worried that ‘anyone finding him’ might try to kill him. (4) God set up a sign to protect Cain, indicating that either his siblings or other relatives might try to kill him. (5) “Afterward,” Cain had intercourse with his wife in “the land of Fugitiveness

The events in those chapters are not listed chronologically as they happened. The events that happened between cain and Abel were very important and so details were given about them. As at the time of Abel's death, there must have been other siblings and possibly granchildren and several generations of cousins because Cain was afraid enough for him to ask God to prevent people from killing him. He was not talking about non-existent humans, these were real threats to his life and God gave him his request.

He was then able to go forth into exile and eventually married and built a city.
As i earlier mentioned the events were not listed as they happened. The statements of Cain clearly shows that there were other siblings, possibly cousins and nieces. We should not forget that people were living for hundreds of years then, so within a hundred years, the population would have been enough to have enough extended relatives.
That's not funny! Your interpretation is based on maybe not what the bible said. Anyway, I think the story of Adam, Eve and his first two children were stated clearly to be what I just pointed out. Cain and Able were the first two kids of Adam and Eve. They started given birth to other kids after Cain got married. According to the bible, God is the one who uttered the world of anybody that sees him on the faces of the earth shall kill him after putting a mark on his forehead.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 6:44am On Oct 13, 2011
ogaju007:

@ Gazby ; Look at you sitting down there and manufacturing stories from your imagination which is a repository of what you have been fed since childhood or whenever you became a xtian. How are you so sure Adam and Eve were the only ones created? who told you bout Adam and eve? Who brought you the so called Good News? Do you know why the brought it to Africa? Do you know the history behind the Roman Cath, Anglican and Politics? I guess not. What is Research? What a shame? Some people came to sell their culture and we threw ours out of the window. Look at the Chinese, Indians, Japanese, have they thrown their culture out of the window? We see silly pastors bringing the Gospel to where it originated from because they want to recieve Tithe in pounds and Dollars. Why not take it to Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Afghanistan, yeye people.

Guy your issues goes beyond what is being discussed in this thread. What is culture? Who owns what religion? Is culture stagnant or dynamic? What histories are you talking about, there is hardly any you want to mention that i don't know of? The good news has been in Africa before many of our forefathers were ever here in our present locality. Has the culture of the chinese, japanese indians remained the same for thousands of years. Is religion the same as culture or a part of culture, if you accept a religion, have you automatically thrown culture out of the window.

Do you eat all your meals with your hand, do you still poo in the bush, did you do a court marriage or it was strictly traditional. Please cultures are dynamic and all cultures of the world including your revered jap, chinese and indian cultures have changed and it is still changing.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 7:20am On Oct 13, 2011
all4naija:

That's not funny! Your interpretation is based on maybe not what the bible said. Anyway, I think the story of Adam, Eve and his first two children were stated clearly to be what I just pointed out. Cain and Able were the first two kids of Adam and Eve. They started given birth to other kids after Cain got married. According to the bible, God is the one who uttered the world of anybody that sees him on the faces of the earth shall kill him after putting a mark on his forehead.

And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

After Cain killed Abel, the Bible never stated what time elapsed before he got married, meanwhile Adam had given birth to sons and daughters, so the only possible source of wife for him, is for him to marry one of the available women. After he gave birth to his son, he started to build a city, showing that the population around him was considerable enough for him to build a city. The Bible stated that they lived up to 500 - 900 years, so with the strength and virility then and also the longevity, marrying within the family wont be a problem.

Genesis 4:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

Who were the people he said would find him and kill him, is it the yet-to-be-born children of Adam, who would be told the story and become so angry to go about hunting for Cain, or could it be other sons and daughters of Adam who knew the two of them and would be really angry enough to kill Cain. The only other son that was named is Seth, but there is nothing that says he was definitely the third child.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 8:11am On Oct 13, 2011
ogaju007:

Hmmnn I beleive in God and my God is a gentle God and not a God of confusion. He has given us wisdom to know the right from wrong so please answer the guys question jo. The Bible was written by peopleof that region according to what happened in that region. Im happy a nigerian has the common sense to ask a question may be in the question he will find the truth if there is a true xtian here. However from the thread i can tell there are a lot of people on here that have been brainwashed in to a one track mind. they live in fear cause the pstors have told them lies about the bible.

YOU DONT NEED ANY SPIRITUALISM TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE EXCEPT IF YOU WANT TO MODIFY THE MEANING OF THE STATEMENT. gOOD EXAMPLE. WHERE IN THE Bible did God say you must pay a tenth of you salary? If you read the whole verse of all the places tithe was metioned, it was for a particular incident. Bot my pastors don turn am to VAT.

ogaju007:

@ Gazby ; Look at you sitting down there and manufacturing stories from your imagination which is a repository of what you have been fed since childhood or whenever you became a xtian. How are you so sure Adam and Eve were the only ones created? who told you bout Adam and eve? Who brought you the so called Good News? Do you know why the brought it to Africa? Do you know the history behind the Roman Cath, Anglican and Politics? I guess not. What is Research? What a shame? Some people came to sell their culture and we threw ours out of the window. Look at the Chinese, Indians, Japanese, have they thrown their culture out of the window? We see silly pastors bringing the Gospel to where it originated from because they want to recieve Tithe in pounds and Dollars. Why not take it to Iran, Iraq, Saudi, Afghanistan, yeye people.
Picture's coming out of the dark room. So, are you a christian?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by folaski: 8:17am On Oct 13, 2011
God did not create robots, he created rational human beings who must take responsibilities for their action. That He did not want Adam & Eve to worship Him because they had no other choice.He wanted them to choose of their own free will to obey or disobey. That was the reason why he placed the tree there and allowed the devil stalk them too. God knew the choice that man would make and so He had made His plans to redeem them through the attoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Rev 13.:8. You are responsible for your choice. For the atheists: what if it is true that heaven and hell do exist? And there is God who descides who goes where?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2011
rabzy:

And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

After Cain killed Abel, the Bible never stated what time elapsed before he got married, meanwhile Adam had given birth to sons and daughters, so the only possible source of wife for him, is for him to marry one of the available women. After he gave birth to his son, he started to build a city, showing that the population around him was considerable enough for him to build a city. The Bible stated that they lived up to 500 - 900 years, so with the strength and virility then and also the longevity, marrying within the family wont be a problem.

You are spot on. You are one of the few people on this forum that has a good understanding of our first parents recorded in the book of Genesis. It is baffling that only a few Christians have a good grasp of this biblical knowledge and I wonder what they have been learning in their Sunday schools.

We know that Adam was 130 years old when he gave birth to Seth and you have rightly said above and it must have been about 100 years or more between the birth of Cain and the time he killed Abel. Within a 100 years virile Adam and Eve must have had many sons and daughters as recorded in Genesis 5:3 and this gives plenty of room for these other children to multiply and increase the earth's population at the time.

rabzy:

14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

Who were the people he said would find him and kill him, is it the yet-to-be-born children of Adam, who would be told the story and become so angry to go about hunting for Cain, or could it be other sons and daughters of Adam who knew the two of them and would be really angry enough to kill Cain. The only other son that was named is Seth, but there is nothing that says he was definitely the third child.

There are some so called pastors who erroneously believe that Adam only had 2 children, Cain and Abel before the death of Abel.

"And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the LORD" (Genesis 4:3).

In the process of time, which will be about a 100 years or more before Cain killed Abel that there were many children born before the birth of Seth. It only makes sense that the people who would be after Cain's life will be those who are related to Abel.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Oct 13, 2011
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Kay17: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2011
folaski:

God did not create robots, he created rational human beings who must take responsibilities for their action. That He did not want Adam & Eve to worship Him because they had no other choice.He wanted them to choose of their own free will to obey or disobey. That was the reason why he placed the tree there and allowed the devil stalk them too. God knew the choice that man would make and so He had made His plans to redeem them through the attoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Rev 13.:8. You are responsible for your choice.                   For the atheists: what if it is true that heaven and hell do exist? And there is God who descides who goes where?

The problem is they cant choose options they dont have, thus they chose in accordance to their nature - evil, thus God who is ultimately responsible for his creation is inherently evil
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 10:31am On Oct 13, 2011
Kay 17:

The problem is they cant choose options they dont have, thus they chose in accordance to their nature - evil, thus God who is ultimately responsible for his creation is inherently evil

Are you the god that has now made God ultimately responsible for his creation, what do you mean by the options they don't have? If the nature of man is inherently evil how come good is also found in man. How is it that in all cultures be it christian, animist, islamic, all cultures have a concept of good and evil and always wants to stamp out evil.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Kay17: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2011
^^^^

they all have different definition of good and evil, not the same. God as an omniscient being would have been aware of the consequences of creation, thus still responsible IF he chose to create.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2011
^^^^^^
whatever the definition, there is a general thread that runs thru all the cultures, a basic idea of good and bad. If man is inherently evil, we would have been promoting evils in all the cultures, whatever the definition of evil in each culture is, that would have been the basis of all our aspirations and drives, self-preservation and survival of the fittest without any scruples or repercussions. It would have been evil galore all through.

My own thots about God being aware of it is different, my own idea of God being all-knowing is now what you have assumed. While he has the ability to know whatever he chooses to know, i believe he selectively uses the power. He does not just peer into everything although he has the ability, the right and the power to do so.

For me, did God know Adam and Eve were going to sin? or that even Satan or the rebellious Angels would sin? No. Thus he is not responsible for setting in motion all these troubles. I know i have stirred the hornet's nest with this, smiley
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
It appears the hornet is sound asleep.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by folaski: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2011
@ kay17: God knew what was going to happen and took resposibility out of His Love to personally deliver us from our task master. Howevere He still did not take away man's free will to obey or disobey Him.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by zataxs: 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
Man did not have the free will, to do evil you must know evil, you must know bad, to know something is bad, you must get of the fruit. call it a chicken egg dilemma.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
rabzy:

And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

This is where you are complicating yourself in the issue. You just explain that there were other people leaving at that time order than Adam and Eve before Cain killed Abel. You just agree with what I am trying to say here that, there were people existing before or among Adam and Eve before even Cain and Abel were born. Look closely, you will find out that the book contradict itself there. I think the bible only record the beginning of Adam and Eve not the beginning of Man.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2011
zataxs:

Man did not have the free will, to do evil you must know evil, you must know bad,  to know something is bad, you must get of the fruit. call it a chicken egg dilemma.
Not only that baby is a good explanation of that.  Baby learns most things(about 90%) from the environment within the first four years of its existence.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
all4naija:

This is where you are complicating yourself in the issue. You just explain that there were other people leaving at that time order than Adam and Eve before Cain killed Abel. You just agree with what I am trying to say here that, there were people existing before or among Adam and Eve before even Cain and Abel were born. Look closely, you will find out that the book contradict itself there. I think the bible only record the beginning of Adam and Eve not the beginning of Man.

No, the Bible recorded the history of the first man Adam, the people i mentioned are the other Children of Adam and Eve, born after the birth of cain and Abel. You need to see that the Bible mentioned that they had other Kids. There is no where we read that no kids were born before Abel was killed.

(Genesis 4:1-2) . . .Now Adam had intercourse with Eve his wife and she became pregnant. In time she gave birth to Cain and said: “I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah.” 2 Later she again gave birth, to his brother Abel,  
From the verse above, female children could have been born before a brother Abel. After the birth of Abel, other kids also came along, possibly both male and female.

What is certain is that after Abel was killed, the next son that was born is Seth, because Eve saw him as a replacement for Abel. We are talking about where Cain got his wife from, and the Bible revealed that other children were born and people lived for a long time and could easily grow exponentially within 100 - 500 years.
Just Imagine Adm possibly being virile for 500 -700 years and maybe he had his first child before he was 50.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by rabzy: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
zataxs:

Man did not have the free will, to do evil you must know evil, you must know bad, to know something is bad, you must get of the fruit. call it a chicken egg dilemma.

This is no chicken egg dilemma. The fruit of the tree is not a repository of what is good and bad. God had already given several instructions to Adam and Eve, he knows that obeying such instructions is good and disobeying is bad. Not fulfilling the instruction to name the animals, take care of all that was put in his care would be bad, doing them as instructed is good. Not eating the fruit is good, eating the fruit is bad. God even told him the repercussion of eating the fruit, he was going to die. So he knew what was bad before he ate the fruit.

Adam and Eve got to know what was good and what was bad in the sense of now judging for themselves what was good and what was bad. Satan said they would be like God, i.e they would be a god unto themselves never needing God to tell them what to do, when to do it, and how to do it, they would decide what is good and what is bad by themselves, They were idolatrously placing their judgment above God’s, disobediently becoming a law to themselves, as it were, instead of obeying God, who has both the right and the wisdom necessary to determine good and bad.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
rabzy:

No, the Bible recorded the history of the first man Adam, the people i mentioned are the other Children of Adam and Eve, born after the birth of cain and Abel. You need to see that the Bible mentioned that they had other Kids. There is no where we read that no kids were born before Abel was killed.

(Genesis 4:1-2) . . .Now Adam had intercourse with Eve his wife and she became pregnant. In time she gave birth to Cain and said: “I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah.” 2 Later she again gave birth, to his brother Abel,  
From the verse above, female children could have been born before a brother Abel. After the birth of Abel, other kids also came along, possibly both male and female.

What is certain is that after Abel was killed, the next son that was born is Seth, because Eve saw him as a replacement for Abel. We are talking about where Cain got his wife from, and the Bible revealed that other children were born and people lived for a long time and could easily grow exponentially within 100 - 500 years.
Just Imagine Adm possibly being virile for 500 -700 years and maybe he had his first child before he was 50.
Didn't Cain get married before Seth was born? Love at your logical interpretation. I still think there were people living among Adam and Eve before they had Cain and Abel. If Seth was to replace Abel, who were those God spoke about to kill Cain after placing a mark on his forehead?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Kc3000: 6:06am On Oct 15, 2011
"Adam was to subdue God’s creation and he was to have dominion over God’s creatures. In his role of subduing and dominion he was to operate with the utmost respect for God. He was to deal justly in all roles. He was to act responsibly. In a word, Adam was to be righteous.
God created him in righteousness and Adam was to function righteously. In order to function righteously there needs to be a code of ethics. There needs to be a rule of Law for any kind of righteousness to exist. And so Adam was to rule God’s creation according to God’s righteousness. Which is to say that he was to rule according to God’s Law, which is an expression of God’s righteous character.
Adam wasn’t to make it up as he went along. He was created in God’s image with a true knowledge of God. So, it’s not hard to see that Adam was created with God’s Law written on his heart, as we say. Adam knew right from wrong in that he knew true from false. He could tell the difference between what is real and what is fake.
He didn’t know good and evil experientially. But he knew that good was doing God’s will, and evil was going against it. He knew it was right to believe God and accept everything He said as truth. He knew it as wrong to disobey God, for that would be to go against what is true. It would be to believe the lie instead of the truth. So, everything about Adam was righteous.
He willingly did everything according to the will of God. He had a righteous knowledge of God, a righteous knowledge of God’s creation. And he had a righteous knowledge of himself and the rest of mankind (at that time, his wife)."
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by logica(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2011
I like this "Free Will" concept usually thrown around by Christians (I never saw any such thing in the Bible but that's by the way). But can I ask, when "we" get to Heaven, will we have this "Free Will", or does it only apply on Earth?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2011
^It depends on what YOU mean by free will. What's free will?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by logica(m): 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2011
Image123:

^It depends on what YOU mean by free will. What's free will?
Why don't you define it, or did I coin the phrase? Now back to you, "What is 'Free Will'"? LOL, I suspect the goal-post is about to be shifted.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Onyocha: 8:34pm On Oct 16, 2011
please consider the thread below where the so called "sin" of Adam that was not is discussed:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-756602.0.html#msg9121431
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Image123(m): 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
logica:

Why don't you define it, or did I coin the phrase? Now back to you, "What is 'Free Will'"? LOL, I suspect the goal-post is about to be shifted.
Who's asking the question?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by logica(m): 9:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
Image123:

Who's asking the question?
I am. Now answer or fvck off.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by bright007(f): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
just passing by

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.