Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (17686 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by mjconcept(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2011

I agree though that the wrath of your unforgiving mad god is something to be feared.

Thank goodness, my Buddhist god is far gentler and accommodating. He does not rule by fiat. My Buddhist god is far more deliberative and rational
Sorry i know no say you are a Buddhist i thought i was taking to a fellow christain guy please accept my apology.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by cold(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

^^

Your Buddhist god is a very good one, he sure does not give a damn about how you live your life.

So continue to wallow in your sins and keep chanting to a dead man ( Buddha ) to help your most pitiful state.

Sooner or later the truth will glaringly stare you in the face, let's hope it will not be too late.
Why don't you respond to the op's question & help a troubled mind rather  than attacking everyone else throwing darts everywhere,anything but answering the question
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by logica(m): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

Like I said to believe in Evolution , one needs to be brain dead !!!

The official position of the Church:
According to the widely accepted scientific account, the universe erupted 15 billion years ago in an explosion called the 'Big Bang' and has been expanding and cooling ever since. Later there gradually emerged the conditions necessary for the formation of atoms, still later the condensation of galaxies and stars, and about 10 billion years later the formation of planets. In our own solar system and on earth (formed about 4.5 billion years ago), the conditions have been favorable to the emergence of life. While there is little consensus among scientists about how the origin of this first microscopic life is to be explained, there is general agreement among them that the first organism dwelt on this planet about 3.5–4 billion years ago. Since it has been demonstrated that all living organisms on earth are genetically related, it is virtually certain that all living organisms have descended from this first organism. Converging evidence from many studies in the physical and biological sciences furnishes mounting support for some theory of evolution to account for the development and diversification of life on earth, while controversy continues over the pace and mechanisms of evolution.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_evolution

More reading here: http://www.bible.ca/tracks/b-pope-accepts-evolution.htm
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
cold:

Why don't you respond to the op's question & help a troubled mind rather  than attacking everyone else throwing darts everywhere,anything but answering the question

^
Why should I bother  

You have a brain and a heart , use it , do some thinking. Read the bible.

Atheists should stop relying on the brains of theists to do all the work for them.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 4:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
cold:

Duhhhhhh, the guy has no answer . He is as confused as his god.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
arsenefc:

Duhhhhhh, the guy has no answer . He is as confused as his god.

grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

^
Why should I bother  

Atheists should stop relying on the brains of theists to do all the work for them.

What an interesting cop out
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Salmoneus(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2011
Evil Brain:

This is a dangerous line of thinking. If you follow it to its logical conclusion you'd discover that the whole story makes no sense and there isn't and cannot be an omniscient and omnipotent god.

Unless you want to become an atheist, I advise you to turn off your brain now!
Perfect!! lol.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by cold(m): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

^
Why should I bother  

This is so lame.Is this the best you can come up with?I know you can do better
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2011
cold:

This is so lame.Is this the best you can come up with?I know you can do better

You are overestimating his capabilities. For god sake, he is a christian!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by cold(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
arsenefc:

grin grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by MMM2(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
4 adam & eve angry
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2011
arsenefc:

And your very able capability and intellectual gigantism is to hold on to a weak withered logic , that says no one could possibly have a clue how we came into existence.  

Evolution sounds so logical to you , right  

Wrong , it's called delusion.   grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by arsenefc: 5:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

And your very able capability and intellectual gigantism is to hold on to a weak withered logic , that says no one could possibly have a clue how we came into existence.  

Evolution sounds so logical to you , right  

Wrong , it's called delusion.   grin

I dont think you want to go down this route with moi, especially someone who couldnt answer a simple question.

Lets do it this way: Answer the Op's question, and then we will talk about evolution.

In case you missed it, the question goes thus: Why did[b] g[/b]od put the tree of good and evil in the garden of Eden?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by kings33(m): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2011
God gives us choices in every situation as an opportunity to express our luv for him. Remember, where there is no choice then there is no love, but only obligation.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
arsenefc:

I dont think you want to go down this route with moi, especially someone who couldnt answer a simple question.

Lets do it this way: Answer the Op's question, and then we will talk about evolution.

In case you missed it, the question goes thus: Why did[b] g[/b]od put the tree of good and evil in the garden of Eden?

grin grin

I have refused to answer the question on purpose, many of you here are marauding atheists looking for innocents to take down the path of destruction !!!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
kings33:

God gives us choices in every situation as an opportunity to express our luv for him. Remember, where there is no choice then there is no love, but only obligation.

How do you have a choice when your god knows the future?? If he is omniscient he knows what you're going to think before you even have the thought. What kind of choice is that?

How did Adam and Eve have a choice when they didn't know between right or wrong anyway?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
frosbel:

grin grin
I have refused to answer the question on purpose, many of you here are marauding atheists looking for innocents to take down the path of destruction !!!

The person who asked is a christian.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Sike(m): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
See! It'll be better if you stop disturbing yourself. That's how it's planned, so nobody should be blame. Yes now! Because how could God plant the so-called tree in the Garden when he knows the likely consequences? Why did he allow Satan to gain entrance when he know he's our greatest enemy??
Didn't he had the power to prevent it from happening
I have said it before and i'll say it again, [B]EVERYTHING WAS A SET UP[/B].
Both Our God and the Satan planned it together. Take It Or Leave It
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by deadie(m): 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
It is really worrisome that some people still believe these Middle Eastern mythologies called religion.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by kayjegs: 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2011
First of all, there are some things that man cannot really explain and this topic is one of it. I have also pondered on this topic before and discovered that God does what he pleases. You must believe there us God. If not, try and evaluate your life, think of your existence till date and you will know there is something divine about it, definitely it is God. There are some things that happened in the bible such as the parting of the red sea, the feeding of the five thousand and many more that transcends human understanding but yet are real. I am a livin witness of the fact that God is so real. I have physically seen the angels of God about 4 times, sometimes in 1997 on my sick bed. Then I was told by doctors I had 3% chance of survival. I had third degree burns that covered the lower part of my body. True to the doctors' words, I practically died for about 2 hours but came back to life. So God is real and anyone who does not acknowledge this is foolish, no apologies for this. Do what the word of God says. God maketh us to will and do of His good pleasure. It is not of him that willeth but of God that showeth mercy. We are at the mercy of God, He owns everything and does what He likes but in all these, you will discover God's love for us. People tried to give answers to your question but you cannot know the answer and you don't actually need the answer. You dont have to know everything. Have you ever wondered why all humans are different. Forget scientific explanation of DNA this or that. I am also a scientist myself. It is just God. He does some things for you to just wonder and wonder and this is why we cannot exhaust the knowledge about God till we die. This is also why scientists will keep discovering things infinitely. There is actually a link between evolution and God's creation in genesis. I am working on that but that is subject for another day. I love Him for this!
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by tunde233(m): 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2011
It is wrong for those who are not spiritual to comment on this.
Reason, the spiritual things are spiritually discerned unbelievers can guess about it,
they can never understand it. ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN HELP US
FIRST, I believe that God does not want any mechanical or compelled obedience
from any of us, When our obedience comes from a heart of love it is acceptable.
If the tree was not there, they would not have had opportunity to disobey.
For example, when you say that you cannot commit a particular sin, you
need to be tested under severe pressure before you can be trusted.
SECOND, God already knew that they would eat the tree and had made
a way out through the Seed of a woman, Jesus Christ our Saviour
THIRDLY, He wanted them to have a choice.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by ITbomb(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2011
and why did He put the damn pu§§y down there when He knew men would find it quick.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by denitro(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2011
In Life there must be something in opposition to another if not life in itself will cease to exist,
E.g Day and Night - Light and Darkness
Birth and Death
Good and evil
Joy and sorrow

It must needs be that there was an opposition;
even the forbidden fruit in opposition to the tree of life;
the one being sweet and the other bitter. Wherefore,
the Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself.
Wherefore, man could not act for himself save it should be that he was
enticed by the one or the other
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nymphnode(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2011
I stumbled upon a DVD titled Letting go of God. At the end of the movie, I started asking questions about faith. I have to throw out the disk to avoid the temptation to see the movie again. You dare not go against Sango and other Juju gods, now there is christ and muhammed and civilization. Our future generation will be well versed in science so its sure they will tend to not believe in some God who created the world in 6 days but forgot to put a barricade around the most important thing in the garden. Imagine at least a 600 kva transformer without a protective casing.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by stagger: 6:43pm On Oct 09, 2011
Life is full of tests.

lucifer was given the position as the anointed cherub covering the throne room of God; he was in fact, the head of the angels and closes to God. He had a test; could he maintain his position or would he want to get greedy? he got greedy and was thrown down.

In life, we are faced with tests. Passing a test makes you more mature. Adam and Eve failed their test. The question is; can we pass our own tests?
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by kurus: 6:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Cine(m): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good N Evil In The Garden Of Eden?

I'm with you OP.

I think what you're really trying to ask is that is this a whole load of fictitious nonsense? I've asked myself that question many a night (I'm a struggling with my faith christian!). How on earth can I possibly believe in a book that tells me that God created the world several thousand years ago; when we can see the light of stars\galaxies as they were billions of light years away, i.e. the universe has been here for billions of years. If you're thinking logically, you have to say in that instance, the bible is wrong.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 09, 2011
I have much respect for the Atheists than Frosbel.

You have a brain to reason, use it! Dont be bound by fear frosbel, and dont incite fear into anyone coz it will never work here. You see that we are reasoning, in common terms aren't we more intelligent than you? Just common reason oh! why you prance around shouting bollocks!

@topic

Keep on reasoning and thinking, i think you'll find your 'answer' one day, if there is a pin point answer sef
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by DOnly1(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
Somethings are better left as misery. The garden has been before man was created but Satan (the fallen angel) wanted to disrupt God's plan for man and make man rebel against his maker (as you are now instigating), but the accuser of men forgot that he can only work against himself and not God who's the embodiment of truth. That is why you must accept Jesus (the way) today. Do not do like your fathers & mothers so you won't gnash your teeth in hell where there won't be hope for you.
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
diluminati:

I have much respect for the Atheists than Frosbel.

You have a brain to reason, use it! Dont be bound by fear frosbel, and dont incite fear into anyone coz it will never work here. You see that we are reasoning, in common terms aren't we more intelligent than you? Just common reason oh! why you prance around shouting bollocks!

@topic

Keep on reasoning and thinking, i think you'll find your 'answer' one day, if there is a pin point answer sef

Says the lady who believes in the the Illuminati and aliens, lol. grin
Re: Why Did God Put The Tree Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
kurus:

Of ALL of God's creation, ONLY mankind has God given free will. [s]The angels(good and bad) do NOT have free will. They are by nature to obey whatever God commands[/s]. But for mankind, who God made in His image, just as God can make decisions however he likes, God also gave man free will to decide what he wants to do and what not to do.

Really? But you just confused yourself below

kurus:

It was because satan and his now demon angels decided to disobey God that they were cast out of heaven.

so what are you saying now? are you making sense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It A Sin If I Spend My Tithe For This Month And Pay Back The Next Month? / Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.