Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu (19537 Views)

There Is Still Room For You In APC - Deputy Speaker, Benjamin Kalu Tells Otti / The House Of Representatives Is Broke - Benjamin Kalu / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by richie240: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
Wee u keep kwayet!
How many times will we tell u bigots ultra-bigots dt Yorubas don't do all these religious issh!

The average yoruba family have both christians and muslims in his lineage.

We nor dey 'sleep face d same direction' like una.

Nwokem, face front biko!
cool
franchasofficia:
Majority of Yorubas are good; they have good conscience, but a minority of Yorubas who happens to come from the Yoruba Muslims have a natural hatred for Igbos just because Igbos refused to accept Islam as a religion, so they have been working tirelessly with Hausa-Fulani Muslim Jihadists to make sure Southeast burns to ashes, and to ensure Igbos are completely sidelined in national politics.

What they don't know is that Igbos are bigger than their adversaries and are ready to face their enemies squarely without pretense till we destroy them completely and force whoever is left amongst them to seek for peace.

Unfortunately, the voice of the few wicked Yoruba Muslims who hate Igbos seems to be the loudest amongst Yorubas, thereby making it look like all Yorubas are against Igbos whereas it is just some few inconsequential Yoruba Muslims working together with Hausa-Fulani power brokers to cause Igbos harm in Nigeria, they must fail, nothing last forever, nothing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lawani: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
Neckpresser101:

In your ewedu filled brain you think all Igbos live outside SE

The Igbos outside south East are less than 20% our population

SE states remove Lagos are doing excellently well than your ewedu states check out latest GDP rankings and see two of ours states above your ewedu states

Una go explain tire

Imagine people that beat Thier people because they look like igbos mtcheww undecided

And maybe 15 to 30 percent of SE population is non Igbo. No zone is more mixed than the other because populations of ethnic groups are specialized in different occupations needed in all the zones.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Extremekofoshi: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
MightySparrow:

Yorubas are not having problem with Nigeria, why will they wish for breakup?

They want Yoruba to join them in their senseless war na.
Their Mumu never do, the game they've been playing before and after independence, for which they've been bruised and battered and still shame no catch them.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Neckpresser101: 12:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
lawani:

And maybe 15 to 30 percent of SE population is non Igbo. No zone is more mixed than the other because populations of ethnic groups are specialized in different occupations needed in all the zones.

Are you telling me that as untravelled person or as someone who have travelled wide and far Nigeria?
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by discusant: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
Tompson88:
I support this your comment,it is correctly written, Nigeria would have divided if not for Yoruba, I am a Yoruba guy,we didn't hate Igbo people but Igbo people always love to play victim or instigate hatred,had it mean some of our leader in southwest are not selfish, they know the easiest way to go about the disintegration of the country, we benefited nothing being a Nigeria, and each tribe can stand the test of time to stay alone,my cent is,let there be peace even if the separation is not possible yet, spilling of blood will amount to nothing.

Lagos is part of Oduduwa Republic.
Oil money from the old Eastern region was used to build most of Lagos infrastructures.
If 1/100th of the marginalisation of Igbo land by Nigeria's government since 1970 was metted against the Yoruba land, Oduduwa Republic would have been in existence long before now.
Don't mind the legislator Kalu foaming in his mouth seeking for recognition through Yoruba and Igbo names dropping.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lokoloko84(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
sparko1:

South south! What has south south got to do with this?

You think if Nigeria is going to break, they are going to ask you to take what you want, south south is breaking too, as a matter of fact the country will be broken to 5 different countries,

South south
South East
North Central
South West
North
Thank you. Some of us know where the country will be at the end of the day and it is Just a matter of time.
The country will be disintegrated into five different entities with minor adjustments of border here and there.
It Just matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Dittodat: 12:21pm On Jul 20, 2023
The IPOB retards headed by Peter Obi, still think Yorubas are their main problem.
Go figure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by iampeterben(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
No one ever said they were.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:
Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria

Very indecisive and two-faced tribe

Betrayals

If left with Hausa and Igbo this country for don divide peacefully and everyone goes their way

But Yorubas are so scared of disintegration that them no suffer

Yorubas are doing everything possible to see that south south inherits the hatred they have for Igbos

But we’re not stupid to fall for that

Lol if this is truly what you think and not just a deliberate smear campaign against Yorubas, then you have a big problem... 😹😹😹

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lawani: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Are you telling me that as untravelled person or as someone who have travelled wide and far Nigeria?

I have travelled and all I know is that the SE is as mixed as other zones despite that it has no highbrow city like other zones. If Igbos sell spare parts in Ilesa, you find Ilesa people as small scale transporters in Onitsha and as artisans. No group is making more money than the other, you stay afloat and prosper according to luck, planning and foresight. A transporter with a couple of taxis can make money, so also a spare parts dealer. Any of the two markets can get saturated but you have to face the one you know. PH as a city has more SW people than SE Igbos. Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa etc are all over the country hustling, why then do people think any group may be at a disadvantage if the country breaks up or that Igbos are more dispersed?. Igbos don't travel more than Yoruba whether in Europe, North America or within Nigeria but they do more trading on the overall but what about Yoruba big businesses like Glo etc? ECOWAS is visa free for citizens of member nations and breakup which is the best way forward for the country is more for security reasons than any other. It is after security that we now can talk of prosperity. If the country is not broken up, then they should give state on demand and approve state police then set up a unicameral legislature in which the money you pay up determines your number of seats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Believeintruth: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
May God heal Igboland.

So much obscene blood letting, unprecedented self hate-inflicted political and economic sabotage with so so much work to do yet so many hate-filled and bigoted Igbo online and offline misplace their priorities by poking their noses into Yorubaland affairs/local politics and hating on the Yoruba their host , one of the 3 super majority tribes of Hausa,Yoruba and Fulani in Nigeria.

Kalu is reminding you today that the Igbo have bigger problems that need the attention of you his fellow Igbo, makes no sense to him that you waste your time and dissipate bad energy hating on the Yoruba who are already far ahead of the Igbo and making phenomenal progress instead of collaborating and learning from the Yoruba.
May God bless Nigeria for ever!
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Any comment that is anti igbo, you are always there to talk trash and advertise you freestuffs NG
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Believeintruth: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:

Shikena

Shut up there
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Believeintruth: 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
imagine typical Igbo mentality

Those who voted their Igbo candidate are angel but those who voted others are evil

These Igbo mentality is what is ruining Nigeria, peter obi is an angel but tinubu n atiku are devil

If Igbo thieves are called holy then other tribes thieves should b holy too

Two can play d game

That is a very stupid and daft comment from you.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lawani: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
discusant:

Lagos is part of Oduduwa Republic.
Oil money from the old Eastern region was used to build most of Lagos infrastructures.
If 1/100th of the marginalisation of Igbo land by Nigeria's government since 1970 was metted against the Yoruba land, Oduduwa Republic would have been in existence long before now.
Don't mind the legislator Kalu foaming in his mouth seeking for recognition through Yoruba and Igbo names dropping.

I think the major thing built in Lagos with oil money is the Thirdmainland bridge but Abidjan is now the best city in West Africa. How then has Nigeria helped Lagos?. Today Lagos is the only state that can fund its budget without fg allocations and other states could have done it too and it is not too late. Enugu should have been developed to be at par with Kaduna and Ibadan since all were regional capitals but it was PH that took the spot in the East

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by helicoptarr: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
He who blames others has a long way to go on his journey. He who blames himself is halfway there. He who blames no one has arrived.

- Chinese Proverb

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by newdawn2017(f): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:
Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria

Very indecisive and two-faced tribe

Betrayals

If left with Hausa and Igbo this country for don divide peacefully and everyone goes their way

But Yorubas are so scared of disintegration that them no suffer

Yorubas are doing everything possible to see that south south inherits the hatred they have for Igbos

But we’re not stupid to fall for that
South southern people hate ibos because of ur arrogant disposition towards us, & blatant lack of respect for our own culture & traditional inclinations. We ve our own language & behavior . Stop Infiltrating us. We re not joining Biafra either. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Josephkabila12: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Wetin dis mumu kalu dey talk sef, wetin concern Yoruba for ur ibo matter. Make una continue sit at home forever, no one cares

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by BabaAduras: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Neckpresser101:

In your ewedu filled brain you think all Igbos live outside SE

The Igbos outside south East are less than 20% our population

SE states remove Lagos are doing excellently well than your ewedu states check out latest GDP rankings and see two of ours states above your ewedu states

Una go explain tire

Imagine people that beat Thier people because they look like igbos mtcheww undecided

Let the 20% return to Biafra Land to develop it. The rest of Nigeria will have peace.

We are anxiously looking forward to the day you all leave Nigeria. We are praying for that day to come sooner than soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by greatestdestiny: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
To be candid fuel subsidy is gone! But you should not go out of business! Our solar generator can power a laotop, a printer, a fan, 4 led bulbs and 3 phones.. It is just N250,000 and we're giving you 2 years warranty!

If you need one, contact boldideas68@gmail.com
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by discusant: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
lawani:

I think the major thing built in Lagos with oil money is the Thirdmainland bridge but Abidjan is now the best city in West Africa. How then has Nigeria helped Lagos?. Today Lagos is the only state that can fund its budget without fg allocations and other states could have done it too and it is not too late. Enugu should have been developed to be at par with Kaduna and Ibadan since all were regional capitals but it was PH that took the spot in the East
When were you born?
The overhead bridges or flyovers in Lagos, enlargement of Ikorodu Road and other major urban roads of Lagos, most of the landmarks, including FESTAC building, Muritalla Mohammed International Airport, etc etc landmarks in Lagos were built with proceeds from crude oil.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Mykhell247: 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
Why all this hate, if we are to split up today, some igbo deep down would still love to work with the yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by aswani(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2023
Neckpresser101:

I am interested in this and thank you for the information.

Why with a higher GDP, are people from those states found all over Yorubaland, and I don't mean major towns and cities?

By the way, I am very happy for Igbo's to be all over Yorubaland so my question is not from a position of bigotry.

Why are there very few Yorùbá's found in these SE states with higher GDP's? Yorùbá's will travel, not as much as Igbos admittedly, to seek a better life for their families. Hence they are quite a few in Abidjan for example. They used to be in Accra and even Kumasi too.

I genuinely am interested in an answer as to why Yorùbá's, and other tribes for that matter, don't flock to the higher GDP states in Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lawani: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
discusant:

When were you born?
The overhead bridges or flyovers in Lagos, enlargement of Ikorodu Road and other major urban roads of Lagos, most of the landmarks, including FESTAC building, Muritalla Mohammed International Airport, etc etc landmarks in Lagos were built with proceeds from crude oil.

That bridge is the major thing. FCT did not extend farther than Apongbon but Nigeria has proved a setback not only for Lagos but for everybody and it may continue getting worse. Without Nigeria, a better bridge would have been built

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lawani: 1:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
aswani:

Why with a higher GDP, are people from those states found all over Yorubaland, and I don't mean major towns and cities?

By the way, I am very happy for Igbo's to be all over Yorubaland so my question is not from a position of bigotry.

Why are there very few Yorùbá's found in these SE states with higher GDP's? Yorùbá's will travel, not as much as Igbos admittedly, to seek a better life for their families. Hence they are quite a few in Abidjan for example. They used to be in Accra and even Kumasi too.

I genuinely am interested in an answer as to why Yorùbá's, and other tribes for that matter, don't flock to the higher GDP states in Igboland.

States in Nigeria have GDP according to population and all zones are mixed largely to the same extent. There are Yorubas in the SE doing the businesses, professions and trades they specialize in just like Hausas are there too
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
Leave Lagos to your land then you can start to buga, what you people cannot do in Kano, Bauchi etc want to do it in Lagos because you don chop belle full, forgotten that you left east to Lagos with Ghana mustgo bag, you made it in Lagos and started misbehaving. You people should get sense like your brother advising you.
DeadCountry:
Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Benjamin Kalu

Just look at the name and job of the fool talking. How will this fool ever talk about the yoruba xenophobe against Igbos in lagos, or believe in Biafra since he is getting peanut from his masters?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by paramakina202: 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Exactly,Yoruba is not our problem in Southeast.IPOB is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by bdon123(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is a faceless forum so quit lying. Take the advice of one of your leaders by removing the gigantic log of wood in your own eyes.
Lagos has always had non-Yoruba visitors and they live in peace with their Yoruba hosts until your likes came and wanted to sow resentment in the hearts of your warm and accommodating Yoruba hosts.

The population of Lagos Colony was analysed into 'Yoruba' and 'Non-Yoruba' tribes in the colonial era :

1. Eko tribe had fallen from 57% in 1872 to 23.6% 20 years later.
2. Popo or Egun tribe was 15.85%,

3. Other Yoruba groups
Oyo - 11.6%
Ijebu - 11.01%
Awori - 9.26%
Egba - 6.05%
Ijesha - 4.32%
Egbado - 3.63%
Ekiti/Efon people - 1.76%

4. Non-Yoruba groups
Nupe/Tapa - 1.86%
Hausa - 1.86%
The Kru - 1.37%.

Do you realise that you came late to Lagos? Just live in peace and respect your Yoruba host. Stay out of Yorubaland local politics. This is what anyone who is wise and wants to make it in Lagos do. shikena
Mr man,i dont need to prove shit to u.D fact that u bliev that anyone who says yoruba people in lagos are xtremely tribalistic is an Igbo means u really cannot reason without tribal sentiments .i wont waste my time.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Slurity(m): 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
successmatters:
Our problem are the few miscreants among them like those three above grin

I am aware that all my yoruba friends called out evil, they all joined and voted for the best candidate, Peter Obi
Your friends that voted for Obi are fools like you. How will you choose someone visionless and clueless like Obi ahead of Tinubu? how?

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by aswani(m): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
lawani:

States in Nigeria have GDP according to population and all zones are mixed largely to the same extent. There are Yorubas in the SE doing the businesses, professions and trades they specialize in just like Hausas are there too

I have to disagree that "all zones are mixed". There are probably more Igbo's in Ibadan than there are Yorùbá's all over the South Eastern zone in its entirety.

Even with the population proviso you stated, seems clear to me that the percentage of Igbó's in SW is more than Yorùbá's in S of the overall total for each region.

Anyway, nutin spoil. Aside from Obidients, we all want the same thing and are happy to live and let live.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Neckpresser101: 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
aswani:

I'll start by saying there are hundreds of thousands of Yorubas in Anambra alone the Yoruba community here is huge nobody makes noise about it even they have obas Yorubas in Awka most of the EEDC and tech guys here are Yorubas majority of the guys in orient refinery ,seplat and other huge firms here are yorubas most of them do have assets here too no body disturb them Infact there have never been a time Igbos attacked Yorubas

even me sef all the pastors brought in my
church branche have been Yorubas we so much honour them here like no one discriminate them

As for we Igbos;

Igbos are cosmopolitans anywhere we find ourselves we don't discriminate that no here is isn't igbo land so we won't invest to make money from there . And it's deeply rooted in our culture one of the most powerful Igbo gods is Ala ,ana , Ani, Ali depending on the dialect of Igbo one speaks which is " land " we believe if we bless the land we come by investing in it, we'll progress there. The place dragging Igbos westward isn't Ogun, Osun or Oyo but Lagos which is the economic hub of not just Nigeria but Africa due to its history as center of national cohesion and economic center.

Every other neighbouring states like Ogun are just getting the dividend of being closer to Lagos just like Asaba is enjoying from Onitsha

The style we Igbos have use that has worked for us is the triangular style .

One business at North (Kano)

One business at West (Lagos)

One in the east ( Onitsha or Aba)

So yes Igbos do set up their businesses in Lagos majorly to tap into it economic strength and population for trade. There's absolutely nothing wrong in taking advantage of economic capability of a State it doesn't necessarily mean you're poorer it mean you're smart so gbon ? grin

I have said it countless times if west think they're as economically viable as they they think why isn't there other states doing well there apart from Lagos ?
which is obviously a collective input of all Nigerians

1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by juman(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
Longer lockdown is needed.
Like five days in a week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Honours Osinbajo With A State Banquet (Photos) / State, Community Police: Senate To Amend Constitution To Allow Its Creation / Habeeb Bama Captured Mastermind Of UN Building Bombing Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.