Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas (43177 Views)

FG Will Begin Converting Petrol Vehicles To Autogas / Timipre Sylva: Filling Stations Will Dispense Autogas In Vehicles From September / Herdsmen: FG Opens Radio Station - Femi Fani-Kayode Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Bigchristo: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-opens-workshops-for-nigerians-to-convert-vehicles-to-autogas/
Anybody applauding these people are fools, the gas will soon increase as they get plenty users 🤣😂🤣

Just take for instance if Millions of Nigerians aren’t relying on the use of a petrol to power their generators Fuel wouldn’t be affecting most of us like this

1 Like

Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by bionixs: 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2023
ManirBK:
Good development
Jagaban is the Answer to all Nigerians
be careful make jagaban no go kee you dia. You no Dey shame ? Your mates outside here are about starting their third building and you think life is European league
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by 1Dray(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
Jsucre:
know suitable place to use God of Elijah.

So where is the suitable place?
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Teenaira: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
Epicji:
For free or for a fee?

I don't really understand all these frenzy about use of gas. I have being using gas for my generator about 7 years ago. Once you have the hybrid carburator installed, you can choose to use either petrol or gas. So I was using gas jejely then and when gas price went to roof top, I stopped using gas and shifted to petrol. Now petrol price has gone above the roof ....

2 Likes

Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by StarRiderr: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2023
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-opens-workshops-for-nigerians-to-convert-vehicles-to-autogas/
I dedicated this news to the zombies of renewable hope of Tinubu and I say to them"make una dey play una hear...

"Revolution is the answer"
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by article1: 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
Smithkafors:
Lol. This has to be in place before anything else.

Bad policy left and right.
Dont mind the clueless government, putting the cart before the horse. These are things they ought to have put in place before subsidy removal
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by henrymeks(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
Modifying a petrol engine to run on CNG is easy, but i dont think nigerians re ready for frequent engine maintenance that comes with using such fuel, first there will drastic decrease in the rated power of your vehicle, rapid wear of engine parts as the engine struggles to produce enough power to pull the weight of the car and the occupants, CNG has less energy content with low compression ratio,so an engine requires more cylinder count to develop reasonable amount of power,

why do u think car manufactures dont consider as a viable alternative for vehicle fuel, cus its not that efficient in power and maintenance compared to cost savings.

lastly the safety aspect, with the irresponsible attitude of drivers in nigeria, and high level of neglect, how well are they going to handle the cng cylinders to ensure the safety of other road users, this alternative is not viable enough for a less developed country like nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by XAUBulls: 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
ManirBK:

That's awesome. Auto gas is the way to go with the subsidy removal. Ghana has over 6000 vehicles using auto gas as of now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Contekbbc: 10:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
grin grin
LikeAking:

Quiet!
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Killermamba: 10:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
ManirBK:
Good development
Wait until the price of gas goes up due to demand, nor be Nigeria again?
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Mccullum: 10:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
This is good news but it's bad one for those that uninterested in positive development under this administration.

May God give our leaders more wisdom and passion in formulation of policies that will bring comfort for Nigerians.
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Killermamba: 10:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
tonytony208:
I learnt that gas has also increased to 850 per kg since last week.
true in some area, I bought yesterday 680
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Samunique(m): 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
bluebay:

May God of Elijah Punish you with consuming fire .
grin
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by PHAYOL81: 10:25pm On Jul 20, 2023
good one. sorrow may linger for a while but surely, gonna come round the BLISS that'll put it to a lasting END.

Time we started thinking outside the box
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by XAUBulls: 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
commoditiesnig:

My friend Don't confuse Cooking Gas with CNG (compressed natural gas) used for vehicles.

It's cooking gas that cost 600/kg (I filled mine @ 600)

CNG cost around 150/200 per kg (I stand to be corrected on the exact cost)
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by ogorwyne(f): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
MorataFC:
lies
800 as at yesterday when I filled
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by goldmatrix(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
Locations... I am currently in Uyo
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by zuchyblink(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2023
CNG is 100 naira per kg
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by fineboynl(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
henrymeks:
Modifying a petrol engine to run on CNG is easy, but i dont think nigerians re ready for frequent engine maintenance that comes with using such fuel, first there will drastic decrease in the rated power of your vehicle, rapid wear of engine parts as the engine struggles to produce enough power to pull the weight of the car and the occupants, CNG has less energy content with low compression ratio,so an engine requires more cylinder count to develop reasonable amount of power,

why do u think car manufactures dont consider as a viable alternative for vehicle fuel, cus its not that efficient in power and maintenance compared to cost savings.

lastly the safety aspect, with the irresponsible attitude of drivers in nigeria, and high level of neglect, how well are they going to handle the cng cylinders to ensure the safety of other road users, this alternative is not viable enough for a less developed country like nigeria.
Indians are using it. All taxi run on autogas.
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by NwaliE01: 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Imagine Amaechi and Cohorts taking Fedeeral institute of Transportation to Kastina. These ought to be at the centre for all states to converge especially at this moment in our country's history. We lack visionary and strategic leaders. We ought to have prepared overwemly for this day.
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by ginggerxy: 11:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
ManirBK:
Good development
quiet nitwit.
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by nedekid: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2023
European cars way back had gas cylinders in their booths.
How come it faded out.
Anyway hope it works for Nigerians.
For me sha, aren't trying that crap, especially with crazy drivers that love to rear end people's cars.
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by yinkeys(m): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
Explosion shocked
The more inflammable product
Collision, fire
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by ComeToJesus: 1:54am On Jul 21, 2023
ManirBK:

This thing is not sustainable in the real sense.

Na Dagbo..
My guy who converted his is already complaining that it burns fast.. cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by tonytony208(m): 4:00am On Jul 21, 2023
georgeakins:

You think everyone is poor like you and your wretched family.

Obi has failed, he can only be biafla plesident.
You go wail tire till 2031

Jagaban is here to stay.

Since there's a curse upon your head and you are stuck to Obi's name, let me humour you a bit.

Obi isn't the one that renders common man's salaries useless, while collecting 1 million naira as feeding allowance per day.

So, Obi hasn't failed because he hasn't even been sworn in.

I guess your brain is too leaky to be useful.

May everything Nigerians are going through under Tinubu be multiplied upon your family members.

1 Like

Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Jsucre(m): 4:55am On Jul 21, 2023
1Dray:

So where is the suitable place?
assignment
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by yusufmurry: 4:58am On Jul 21, 2023
ManirBK:
Good development

Adamu! Try to read between the lines, he said has been working on the project for a year now.

For your information, Tinubu will top the list of worst Nigerian presidents, Tinubu doesn't plan before any action and those he constitutes or consults as an economic team will add disaster to his ineptitudes.

He has floated the Forex and it's getting worst. The immediate result of this senseless policy is the increased PMS announced recently. Until no control is put in place, PMS prices won't go down.

Again, your Tinubu and economic team hasn't looked at boosting production industries that will not need to import goods in dollars for their production but use naira for their production and sell in naira. Those on the street that has no business with the dollar are the ones suffering from it, that is to say, measuring their suffering in the dollar.

How about the technology industry which our youth and young guys have championed? Many in tech, work remotely from Nigeria and earn in foreign currencies. How can this be boosted?

Your Tinubu is not thinking in this direction but on how to take a loan and start sharing and enriching those that smuggled him into power in the name of cushioning the effect of subsidy removal: N70B to National Assembly; N10B to FCT admin; N19B+ to Ministry of Agric; N185B+ to Ministry of Works to alleviate severe flooding and N500B to unknown "poor" households.

He has made Akpabio Senate President (one of the most corrupt but quiet & self-composed corrupt leaders); he has forced their APC chairman & secretary to resign to bring on board Dollar-Ganduje as chairman & co.; bringing Fmr Gov Wike to enrich him so he can help collapse the near-death PDP structure for his second term re-election; then he has replaced CBN, CJN and EFCC (more to be replaced) and eyeing NNPC.

I see nothing good coming from the Tinubu government but someone that will be worst than Buhari.

#Person wey claim to have won the election but no come get peace of mind than those that lost. Now threatening that there will be chaos and anarchy. Make una tell him that nothing will happen to Nigeria and Nigerians than the shege will are experiencing from his 2 months in office#.

Many of us are not expecting anything good from the election tribunal and Supreme Court. How Gov Hope Uzodinma of Imo state was made Governor from the 4th position and Distinguished Sen Ahmed Lawan returned to the senate are still mirages and a case study for reference for the politician-dependent Judiciary.

1 Like

Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by okechuks22: 5:10am On Jul 21, 2023
Toothless bull dogs
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by papadiho(m): 5:33am On Jul 21, 2023
Where are the workshops
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 21, 2023
Very good. FG must intervene in funding solar farms as well, solar energy is a good source of energy, sustainable.
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by Invest4growth: 5:53am On Jul 21, 2023
Be efficient.with the arrangement. Let people be able to schedule via the internet. If the capacity can only take 10.vehiclrs in a day, then don't invite 30.vehickes to your office
Also, whatever is agreed with.the workers under the arrangement should be settled. In this way, we curb corruption.
You don't tell people to bring their cars and inform them they need to.supply plug or oil for the car to be fixed. This is corruption
Re: FG Opens Workshops For Nigerians To Convert Vehicles To Autogas by deleo16(m): 5:57am On Jul 21, 2023
ABUJA OFFICE: Plot 487 Cadastral Zone B10, Daki-Biyu District, Abuja-Nigeria. Phone: 08069339996 Email: abuja@nitt.gov.ng

LAGOS OFFICE: No. 9, African Church Close, Off Coker Road, Ilupeju Lagos. Phone: 08038373833 Email: lagos@nitt.gov.ng

KANO OFFICE: Dawakin Kudu Local Govt. Kano State. Phone: 08036428107 Email: kano@nitt.gov.ng

EKITI OFFICE: Along Ado-Ekiti/IJAN Road, Ado-Ekiti Local Govt. Ekiti State. Phone: 08034527608 Email: ekiti@nitt.gov.ng

PORT HARCOURT OFFICE: No. 11, Load Emmanuel Close, Rumuomasi, Opposite Airforce Base Gate, Port Harcourt State. Phone: 08030955819 Email: ph@nitt.gov.ng

GOMBE OFFICE: Along Gombe-Yola Highway, Kumo, Akko Local Govt. Gombe State. Phone: 08032508107 Email: gombe@nitt.gov.ng

EBONYI OFFICE: Edda Efifo, Ebonyi State. Phone: 08063035873 Email: ebonyi@nitt.gov.ng

KATSINA OFFICE: Along Kankara-Malunfashi Road, Kankara, Katsina State. Phone: 08039289005 Email: katsina@nitt.gov.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg / Okorocha's State-of-the-arts Dialysis Center (Photos) / Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.