Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once (1732 Views)

Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border / "Wonderful Boys" - ACP Olatunji Disu Celebrate The Super Eagles Win / Female Nigerian Soldiers Dance To Kizz Daniel "Madu" To Celebrate The New Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Validated: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
THIS IS NOT A TRIBALISM THREAD. PLEASE CARRY YOUR TRIBALISM TO OTHER THREADS, LETS BE POSITIVE FOR ONCE.

I was watching the WWC between Nigeria and Canada yesterday. Atleast about half, if not more than that are Igbos. The same goes for the national football team, the Super Eagles and several sporting events. Even the woman of the natch is Igbo, she practically saved the day.

Them again I began a soul searching, like what would Nigeria have been like if Igbos were not part of us. Perhaps like Togo, Chad or even Niger?

Except politics and agriculture or farming. Igbos dominate everywhere else. From sports, to academics (leading in both Jamb and WAEC), socially, they hold their own in Nollywood, businesses and industries, Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba lead. Housing, they own them across Nigeria.

The first Olympic gold medalist, Çhioma Ajumwa is Igbo. We celebrate the likes of JJ Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo, etc. I was on a microsoftteams call recently where a foreigner was eulogising JJ Okacha after I introduced myself a Nigerian.
I was in Nairobi once and I went to an art store, when I introduced myself as a Nigerian, the store owner took me to one corner and asked "all those things (fetish acts) by Pete Edozie are they real"? And I asked do you watch Nollywood films, and he said, they relish it in Kenya and started mentioningactors and actressesthat I do not even know. Same applies to many other African countries.

In business, travel and enterprise, you go to Alaba, computer villages, Trade fare complex, Ladipo spare parts market, in Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Benin, all over Nigeria, they are there. In fact someone said, anywhere you do not see an Igboman, know that humans cannot inhabit there.

Talk of entertainment, they are there. Talk of international representation, Igbos lead.

In finance, Igbos have their strong showing with the likes of Jim Ovia, Elumelu and others who pioneered the new generations. Our Amazon of inestimable value, Mrs Okonjo-Iweala is Igbo.
Late Dora Akuyinli of blessed memory was Igbo.
In literature, we had the likes of Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, Chimamanda Adichie, just to mentionba few.

Also, I imagine that Igbos could rebuild their nation and overtake some of us after their cities were turned to riuns after the civil war. Not many people can açhieve this. Their apprenticeship program is studied in many MBA classes.

Please, let us celebrate the Igbos. This is not to deride other tribes, we will find other occasions to celebrate them, but for once, let us celebrate a people who impact us positively.

Yes, every tribe and even families have their dark horses, but let's put those aside and celebrate the good.

Thank my dear Igbos of Nigeria, you are a blessing to Nigeria 🇳🇬 and Nigerians.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by helinues: 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
When last have Igbo's celebrated others?

undecided

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by wakaman: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
Mcheeeeeew.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by madridguy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
I just wish Jagaban can partition this country and let the chest beater go.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by raskymonojendor: 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
Don't you have something worthwhile to do with your time OP.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Bobloco: 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:

undecided

I knew you will invade this thread spewing venoms of hate and tribal bigotry

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Validated: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:
undecided

"We have learned to fly in the air like a bird and swim in the sea like a fish, but we have not yet learned the simple art of living together (as humans)" ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Birds do not attend flight schools, fishes do not attend swimming classes, those two dominate their spaces. Humans with all their faculties cannot live together, because of:
- Tribes/races
- Religions
- Insecurities (inferiority complex)

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by madridguy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Na this chest beating dey always dey vex us. Why do you have to spoil your nice write up this ? I no go talk sha.

Validated:

Them again I began a soul searching, like what would Nigeria have been like if Igbos were not part of us. Perhaps like Togo, Chad or even Niger?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Urheadmaster(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
This Amadioha idle worshipper will never fail to disappoints angry
helinues:

undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by YouAreFinished: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
Do you celebrate others,won't they be deriding instead. Had it been another tribe dominating the national teams,they would scream nepotism and be typing other nonsense.
How much is it affecting our lives,does it grant us special visa status? You know what's really affecting us... The Visa bans we're getting as a result of their criminalistic tendencies worldwide.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Validated: 4:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
madridguy:
Na this chest beating dey always dey vex us. Why do you have to spoil your nice write up this ? I no go talk sha.
So, of all you read, only that part was important to you? Then, you read with a "fault-finding" perception. Please, free your mind of tribal, religious, ethnic complexes. You will see the good in the write-up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
You guys still fool yourselves about being best educationally using your miracle centre WAEC results and dubiously upgraded JAMB results as yardstick?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by kettykings: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
madridguy:
If he does not do that then not only is he a problem of Nigeria and the blackrace but a coward too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by madridguy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
Stop seeking for irrelevant sympathy. You guys are just full of inferior complex. Get heal soon and stop chest beating.

Validated:

So, of all you read, only that part was important to you? Then, you read with a "fault-finding" perception. Please, free your mind of tribal, religious, ethnic complexes. You will see the good in the write-up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by madridguy(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2023
Maybe you should also talk to your brave National assembly members to move the motion.

kettykings:
If he does not do that then not only is he a problem of Nigeria and the blackrace but a coward too

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by kettykings: 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2023
madridguy:
Maybe you should also talk to your brave National assembly members to move the motion.

Southern Cameroon did not move any motion to leave Nigeria, Southern Sudan did not move any motion to leave Sudan, Eritrea did not move a motion to leave Ethiopia. Ukraine did not move a motion to leave soviet union
Nigeria should do the needful and stop wasting other nationalities time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by madridguy(m): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
So do you mean Sudan just wake up and asked the Southern Sudan to leave?

kettykings:

Southern Cameroon did not move any motion to leave Nigeria, Southern Sudan did not move any motion to leave Sudan, Eritrea did not move a motion to leave Ethiopia. Ukraine did not move a motion to leave soviet union
Nigeria should do the needful and stop wasting other nationalities time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Validated: 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
madridguy:
Stop seeking for irrelevant sympathy. You guys are just full of inferior complex. Get heal soon and stop chest beating.

Your thinking is Greek. Decode that?
Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by paramakina202: 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
madridguy:

He will rather die than do that grin.
Igbo is your oxygen if na lie divide the country.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by MTNnews: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2023
Yet we see your foolish tribesmen insulting every other tribe on Nigeria fit the past 8 years. From Hausa Fulani Kanuri Ikwerre Yoruba to Gabonese Arabs Malays Singaporean Arabs Malays Singaporean Chinese Cambodians South Africans who do you foolish souls not insult

Bobloco:

I knew you will invade this thread spewing venoms of hate and tribal bigotry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Pathfinder2090: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
Validated:
THIS IS NOT A TRIBALISM THREAD. PLEASE CARRY YOUR TRIBALISM TO OTHER THREADS, LETS BE POSITIVE FOR ONCE.

I was watching the WWC between Nigeria and Canada yesterday. Atleast about half, if not more than that are Igbos. The same goes for the national football team, the Super Eagles and several sporting events. Even the woman of the natch is Igbo, she practically saved the day.

Except politics and agriculture or farming. Igbos dominate everywhere else. From sports, to academics (leading in both Jamb and WAEC), socially, they hold their own in Nollywood, businesses and industries, Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba lead. Housing, they own them across Nigeria.

The first Olympic gold medalist, Çhioma Ajumwa is Igbo. We celebrate the likes of JJ Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo, etc. I was on a microsoftteams call recently where a foreigner was eulogising JJ Okacha after I introduced myself a Nigerian.
I was in Nairobi once and I went to an art store, when I introduced myself as a Nigerian, the store owner took me to one corner and asked "all those things (fetish acts) by Pete Edozie are they real"? And I asked do you watch Nollywood films, and he said, they relish it in Kenya and started mentioningactors and actressesthat I do not even know. Same applies to many other African countries.

In business, travel and enterprise, you go to Alaba, computer villages, Trade fare complex, Ladipo spare parts market, in Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Benin, all over Nigeria, they are there. In fact someone said, anywhere you do not see an Igboman, know that humans cannot inhabit there.

Talk of entertainment, they are there. Talk of international representation, Igbos lead.

In finance, Igbos have their strong showing with the likes of Jim Ovia, Elumelu and others who pioneered the new generations. Our Amazon of inestimable value, Mrs Okonjo-Iweala is Igbo.
Late Dora Akuyinli of blessed memory was Igbo.
In literature, we had the likes of Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, Chimamanda Adichie, just to mentionba few.

Also, I imagine that Igbos could rebuild their nation and overtake some of us after their cities were turned to riuns after the civil war. Not many people can açhieve this. Their apprenticeship program is studied in many MBA classes.

Please, let us celebrate the Igbos. This is not to deride other tribes, we will find other occasions to celebrate them, but for once, let us celebrate a people who impact us positively.

Yes, every tribe and even families have their dark horses, but let's put those aside and celebrate the good.

Thank my dear Igbos of Nigeria, you are a blessing to Nigeria 🇳🇬 and Nigerians.

God bless you brother
As you celebrate us, good things will never depart from your house

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by Validated: 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
Pathfinder2090:

God bless you brother
As you celebrate us, good things will never depart from your house

I receive it in Jesus name. Let the bitter souls keep whining.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by bhella10: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
This is why we don't hold you guys in high esteem. Ariwo ko ni music 🎵 empty barrel lo ma n pariwo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by ahaz: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:

undecided

Junioooor calm down eeh, we go celebrate you ok..oya take lollipop grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by helinues: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
ahaz:

Junioooor calm down eeh, we go celebrate you ok..oya take lollipop grin grin

We vs Them is imaginary

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by ahaz: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2023
SamboAnguissa:
You guys still fool yourselves about being best educationally using your miracle centre WAEC results and dubiously upgraded JAMB results as yardstick?

Oga are you tired of viewing statistics? The gogoe is your friend an, go and verify.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by ahaz: 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
madridguy:

You people are the ones reiling and swimming in that inferiority complex you accuse others of..And you went a step further in icing sugar it with endemic jelousy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by ezechi242: 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:

undecided

jelousy go kill you.... grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by ahaz: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
Validated:

I receive it in Jesus name. Let the bitter souls keep whining.
Not only that, No matter how they tumble the economy Gods blessings of abundance will never depart from your household..The spirit of Gods longevity will surely be with you and your lineage, men must celebrate you and your offspring in Jesus name, Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by helinues: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
ezechi242:

jelousy go kill you.... grin grin

As long as you lots are yet to die cos una master that act

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by ezechi242: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
madridguy:

if them go you go naked dey waka o......because those aba wears wey full your wardrobe will be too expensive for you to buy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Let's Celebrate The Igbos ... Atleast For Once by gidgiddy: 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
No need to celebrate us Igbos, we will celebrate when we gain our independence from this long failed British colonial experiment called Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

October 1st, Nigeria's Independent Day,are We Moving Forward Or Backward? / Goodluck Jonathan,running Mate For Ibb 2011 / Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.