Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,146 members, 7,849,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. (39109 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by InvertedHammer: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
fyzaila:
That marriage is created to be enjoyed not endured. It's supposed to be a continuous love journey not constant battle and misery.

/

Marriage was created solely for procreation. Love is just an integral part of marriage. The original plan was a virgin man will marry a virgin female and they have offsprings.

But since love has been forced to be the foundation, marriage died because emotions fluctuate. There is no longer sense of commitment.

/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Beolly(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ade1177:
Omo

This why I will never fight my woman no matter what she does

All these bad bad things people say about women. I've not experienced it atall

My gf is just too good to be true

I know how much she makes at work. She tells me every amount that enters her account

She buys alot of things in the house

Even when rent expires she offers to split the bill because she almost spends most of her time in my place because its close to her work

I know her phone passwords
She picks calls of guys that try to toast her in my presence and put it on speaker

I'll just be smiling at the guy dropping lines

She washes my clothes sometimes but I must stay with her and rinse it and dry it

She's a good cook

She's very respectful to elders

She is beautiful and hardworking
And always at home by 7pm
No night life

4yrs relationship
We met In my final Yr in OAU

Omo nothing this girl can ever do that can annoy me o

I plan to propose to her next Yr sha

Because we have been living together now for the past 1yr almost like married couple but I never do the right thing

Make I quick put ring for her hand

She's clocking 25 early next year
You get luck

5 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by professore(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
222Martins:
1. You can marry the most beautiful, understanding woman on earth....But on some bad days, both of you are going to wonder how and why you ended up with each other.

2. Women have a different perspective of love. They see tolerance of their BS, PDA, and allowing them make important choices for the home as love. To us Men, love is simply protecting and providing for your family.

3. In marriage, you the man will work your ass off to make sure your family never lacks the basic necessities of life and some luxury if you can afford it; and your wife, who is the number one beneficiary of your provision will wake up one day and complain that you are always working too hard and never having time for her.

Never ever fall for this emotional blackmail by taking your hands off the plough. The respect, love and showers of praise you will receive in marriage depends on your ability to do your Number Job as a Husband; which is protect and provide for your family.

4. Expect see finish....You can be a powerful politician or a successful businessman outside your home. At home, you are just an ordinary man that walks around with his bare bumbum grin grin
Your last point though grin

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by vickydevoka(m): 3:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......
Please stop this rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by vickydevoka(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
Enddy50ty:
There are no laid down rules for a successful marriage.
Just marry your best friend, someone you can go the extra mile for, someone you can confide in, someone whom you can tolerate his or her bullsh*t.
Lol. Best friends way turn enemy πŸ˜…
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by mrdino(m): 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
Part 1:

1 - Love is not the sole recipe for a good marriage.

2 - Physical attractiveness is good, but In finding a life partner the desirable trait/spirit doesn't always come with the desirable vessel (person), you need to look beyond physical attraction when choosing a partner.

3 - As you seek virtues in a potential partner, also probe into their vices to consider if they're what you can tolerate, because it's those virtues that will be your consolation any time you are confronted with your spouse's vices.

4 - Be mindful of the hurtful words you say to your spouse, because those words may be forgiven, but cannot be forgotten .

5 - It's easy for your spouse to plant an idea in your mind, with you thinking you originally conceived that idea, e.g., you may dislike a neighbour for no reason, but it is actually your wife that really dislikes that neighbour.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by BabaIbo: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2023
You guys should not scare others with all these epistles biko.

When we get to the bridge, we will surely cross the bridge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Sirchiboy: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Mainly mumu men dey marry sha πŸ˜‚
How far.
You still dey PH?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by toprealman: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......
It depends. This does not apply to everyone. I have seen many women that will never allow their bae to use the kitchen for anything. Many women I know are independent and contributes reasonably to running the home.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
As a man,always strife to be able to provide,cox when u can't dy respect ur wife has 4 u will begin to wane.

4 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Akalia(m): 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
As a yet to be married man, just know that women are generally all the same in that they frown at spending their own money even for the good of the family. The man's money is for all but her money is only for her.

Women are generally manipulative , they would do whatever they can to have a hold on you.

Love and support your wife as your capacity can carry but don't go out of your way to please her.

Put your kids before your wife because they are your true blood, your wife isn't.

My 1cent from the standpoint of a married man.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Goldbw122(m): 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
222Martins:
1. You can marry the most beautiful, understanding woman on earth....But on some bad days, both of you are going to wonder how and why you ended up with each other.

2. Women have a different perspective of love. They see tolerance of their BS, PDA, and allowing them make important choices for the home as love. To us Men, love is simply protecting and providing for your family.

3. In marriage, you the man will work your ass off to make sure your family never lacks the basic necessities of life and some luxury if you can afford it; and your wife, who is the number one beneficiary of your provision will wake up one day and complain that you are always working too hard and never having time for her.

Never ever fall for this emotional blackmail by taking your hands off the plough. The respect, love and showers of praise you will receive in marriage depends on your ability to do your Number Job as a Husband; which is protect and provide for your family.

4. Expect see finish....You can be a powerful politician or a successful businessman outside your home. At home, you are just an ordinary man that walks around with his bare bumbum grin grin

That is what I hear most in marriage, that is what lead to cheating and manying other wrong doing.. but you know the heart always want what it wants.. hmm

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ChronicGp(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
You both must Love πŸ’• each other for things to work great ❀️
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by 222Martins(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2023
Goldbw122:

That is what I hear most in marriage, that is what lead to cheating and manying other wrong doing.. but you know the heart always want what it wants.. hmm
If the reverse was the case, you give her all the time she needs but come up short on your job to provide for her and the kids, Is there a guarantee that she won't complain about your lack of provision and cheat with a man willing to offer her the extra goodies?

I will rather my wife cheats on me for working too hard to provide for her needs, than for her to cheat on me because i couldn't provide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Etosha: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
eleniyan2020:
I'm outside,never think of going into that shit!

Marry if you can...it has its benefits.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Basicend: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Marriage was created solely for procreation. Love is just an integral part of marriage. The original plan was a virgin man marry a virgin female and they have offsprings.

But since love has been forced to be the foundation, marriage died because emotions fluctuate. There is no longer sense of commitment.

/

You are a very wise man / woman.

True green words.

But, only a spiritual person can reference that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by kay29000(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
candyguyofficia:
Word on the street is that intimacy will tiya you and [b]when responsibilities start hitting you left, right, front and back the only time you will remember you have D is when you want to pee [/b]and that this is when friendship with your spouse will survive the marriage and this is also when you realise that beauty is not everything.

Another word on the street is that 90% of marital problem are problems finance/money can solve and the problem(s) money can't solve more money will solve it. In marital calculation the remaining 10% preponderate the 90% but the 90% are the frequent cause of marital problems.

Another word on the street is that the first 5 to 6 years expecially first 2 years are the years in marriage that have the greatest trial/confrontation/issue it is then that you will likely realise that what you ordered was nor what was delivered to you. You start to see the other spouse true character and behaviour (I don't want to sound gender specific) but you will wonder if you both actually did courtship for 10 years and why you didn't see their true character.

The bolded made me laugh grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Basicend: 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2023
Akalia:
As a yet to be married man, just know that women are generally all the same in that they frown at spending their own money even for the good of the family. The man's money is for all but her money is only for her.

Women are generally manipulative , they would do whatever they can to have a hold on you.

Love and support your wife as your capacity can carry but don't go out of your way to please her.

Put your kids before your wife because they are your true blood, your wife isn't.

My 1cent from the standpoint of a married man.

Very true.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by b3llo(m): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
sylve11:
When a man is young , he tries to please his parents,

When he gets married, he tries to please his spouse

When he becomes a father, he tries to please his children,

When he grows old, he tries to please God.

One day, he comes to discover that his life had never been his own. sad cool
words
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by willoly(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2023
If you are lucky to marry a wife you are complete, but if unfortunately you marry that woman then you are completely finished. Just pray, where your wisdom can't reach, prayer will cross you over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by kay29000(m): 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2023
chima47:
As a single person, people will always ask you when will you settle down, meaning when will you marry. Don't be deceived, marriage has unsettled many who were settled singles.

Hahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by randymirrors(f): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
222Martins:

God bless your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
seguno2:

A woman who is not prepared to survive only with her own money, should wait for death
i believe we were faring before we got married undecided
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
bekpo:

Iyanu, na u b dis? Ha, r u kidding me?
eh hen.. Wetin happen?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
eleniyan2020:
like you can buy food from a restaurant or food vendor?
how much can one spend each day on restaurant food
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by randymirrors(f): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
Ade1177:
Omo

This why I will never fight my woman no matter what she does

All these bad bad things people say about women. I've not experienced it atall

My gf is just too good to be true

I know how much she makes at work. She tells me every amount that enters her account

She buys alot of things in the house

Even when rent expires she offers to split the bill because she almost spends most of her time in my place because its close to her work

I know her phone passwords
She picks calls of guys that try to toast her in my presence and put it on speaker

I'll just be smiling at the guy dropping lines

She washes my clothes sometimes but I must stay with her and rinse it and dry it

She's a good cook

She's very respectful to elders

She is beautiful and hardworking
And always at home by 7pm
No night life

I'm almost exactly like her. Save for washing of clothes. I can't lie, no amount of love can make me wash clothes for anybody. I have soft fingers and they peel (get wounded) whenever I wash with my hands.

3 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
LeeSmart:

Can i buy u dinner ma'am? because u just said my mind.
I can't wait o ya
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
luminouz:

Yen yen yen ..

Shey I haven't told you not to put your mouth for NL ni?

Hope my lunch is ready? I want pounded yam and egusi soup
already on the table go and eat dear
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by eleniyan2020: 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
Etosha:

Marry if you can...it has its benefits.
okay!
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by randymirrors(f): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Marriage was created solely for procreation. Love is just an integral part of marriage. The original plan was a virgin man marry a virgin female and they have offsprings.

/

If only you knew the weight of these words and the depth of wisdom it carries.

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by eleniyan2020: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
how much can one spend each day on restaurant food
you make your money on steady,you can eat out without feeling it or get a side chick that can do that...before one wife go de tell u to enter kitchen or die of hunger!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Housewives Bathe Each Other With Hot Water Over Lover (photos) / Ochuko Uzere: Missing Person, Lost At Sea In Patani River And Its Environs / Meet Dr Lola Bayode, The Doctor Who Built The Biggest Orphanage In Africa(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.