Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,107 members, 7,849,452 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:53 PM

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. (39107 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
For PH nau

1k for PH

If na lag na 5h
Sirchiboy:
For ph or lagos state
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by bekpo(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
eh hen.. Wetin happen?

Nothing, i was missing u sha
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Sirchiboy: 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
For PH nau

1k for PH

If na lag na 5h
You get her control
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Akalia(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
bukatyne:

But when you need serious support tomorrow, you would leave everyone who is your 'true blood' and demand unwavering support from your wife who isn't your 'true blood'. I don't know if this is ment or malaria.
You seem not to understand me.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sirchiboy:
You get her control
i no dey collect their number oh but if want see her, we go link up nau and go there together...

how you see ham?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Satazaa: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Marriage was created solely for procreation. Love is just an integral part of marriage. The original plan was a virgin man will marry a virgin female and they have offsprings.

But since love has been forced to be the foundation, marriage died because emotions fluctuate. There is no longer sense of commitment.

/
brilliant bro 👍
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by onyenwebright(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
grin I pity those that think knacking na food untill the get married, sometimes nah u go beg pen*s to rise

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by luminouz(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
already on the table go and eat dear

Now that's a wife material. kiss

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Cromagnon: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
Absuchat:
grin
U will realize that you've been scammed, cos believe it or not, your partner won't show you all her/his bad habits during courtship.... Wait until after wedding
na you no do your due diligence or choose to close eye because you to lazy to walk away
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by boldsleek: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Myer:

Even so be prepared for the worst and you may be lucky to get your expected best.
Someone said he is bkeesed with a good wife and you are still asking him to prepare for worst.

your type are negative minded people who goes about destroying relationships and peoples home with your unsolicited advice.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by BurialGround: 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Absuchat:
grin
U will realize that you've been scammed, cos believe it or not, your partner won't show you all her/his bad habits during courtship.... Wait until after wedding

Courtship is scam.
Two adults that packaged themselves to outsmart each other.

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by seanwilliam(m): 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
I’m not Married but with what I’ve seen around me, wether you agree with me or not, money is 80% important in marriage. What money can’t do in marriage, more money will do it easily .

Finally , how you start relationship with a woman that’s , the foundation is extremely important. It’s not so easy to change and make new rules overnight

3 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Myer(m): 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
boldsleek:
Someone said he is bkeesed with a good wife and you are still asking him to prepare for worst.

your type are negative minded people who goes about destroying relationships and peoples home with your unsolicited advice.

It was edited from "bless to blessed."
It seemed like a prayer.
We don't do negative here sir. We only speak the Truth.
Even when it sounds negative to a sinner/unbeliever it is good news for his soul.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by donbenie(m): 12:34am On Jul 23, 2023
Fiscus105:

A" is not always true....... though ur friend ended up in the hand of his enermy called wive.

80% of homes today are jointly sponsored by husband and wife.

I will advise u to go out and do unbias findings and not ugly experiences from ur close ffriend.
80% of homes?
And where did you pull that data from?
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by donbenie(m): 12:44am On Jul 23, 2023
Ade1177:
Omo

This why I will never fight my woman no matter what she does

All these bad bad things people say about women. I've not experienced it atall

My gf is just too good to be true

I know how much she makes at work. She tells me every amount that enters her account

She buys alot of things in the house

Even when rent expires she offers to split the bill because she almost spends most of her time in my place because its close to her work

I know her phone passwords
She picks calls of guys that try to toast her in my presence and put it on speaker

I'll just be smiling at the guy dropping lines

She washes my clothes sometimes but I must stay with her and rinse it and dry it

She's a good cook

She's very respectful to elders

She is beautiful and hardworking
And always at home by 7pm
No night life

4yrs relationship
We met In my final Yr in OAU

Omo nothing this girl can ever do that can annoy me o

I plan to propose to her next Yr sha

Because we have been living together now for the past 1yr almost like married couple but I never do the right thing

Make I quick put ring for her hand

She's clocking 25 early next year
Many had the same story,but ended up divorced within a year of marriage..
Marriage no be friendship..

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by mylove4God(f): 1:29am On Jul 23, 2023
You need to learn to apologize even when you are not wrong and overlook somethings, in order for peace to rain

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by nelsonose: 3:28am On Jul 23, 2023
Some in-laws may be the source of your woe because of their unsolicited interference in the affairs of your home.

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Miracle4325: 3:43am On Jul 23, 2023

[center][/center]hmm
OK
IyanuDeb:
A man who is not prepared to cook should wait for death
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Jude49(m): 5:55am On Jul 23, 2023
Ade1177:
Omo

I know how much she makes at work. She tells me every amount that enters her account

Even when rent expires she offers to split the bill because she almost spends most of her time in my place because its close to her work

She picks calls of guys that try to toast her in my presence and put it on speaker
They're talking marriage, you're talking relationship,, lol
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Basic123: 6:46am On Jul 23, 2023
Enddy50ty:
There are no laid down rules for a successful marriage.
Just marry your best friend, someone you can go the extra mile for, someone you can confide in, someone whom you can tolerate his or her bullsh*t.
THIS

and

PRAYER
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Basic123: 6:49am On Jul 23, 2023
gabmanuel:
1... A woman's money is her money, but a man's money is the money for the house/family

2... A woman will almost always chose her siblings and her children over you.

3... A woman will always be comfortable with her family members staying around, but will never be all happy if it's the other way round.

4... Never tell your wife about all the money you have, because her demand will increase.

5... As a man, be ready to spend and double your hustle because you must provide ooo, whether nah Tinubu or Obi wey be president.

6... Be ready to always tolerate and forgive, never allow any issue with your spouse to cross 24hrs, irrespective of who was wrong, peace is paramount.

7... You will be considered lucky if the both of you are ready to learn, relearn and take corrections , because in marriage, you will keep seeing new things from both parties.

I think if people should just be behaving the way they were during Dating/courtship, there won't be much issues.

NB: There can be 1% exception.
You are smart and intelligent

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by crackhouse(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2023
As a man a time will come when the family responsibilities will make you not to be thinking of sex with your wife again and she will now be the one chasing u around for sex.

Note: this can only happen when the man is the breadwinner but if the woman is the breadwinner then it will be the other way round.. lazy men always want sex because they don't have responsibilities probably because the wife dey carry his load..
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by 2016easy2017: 9:24am On Jul 23, 2023
Never marry a single wife. You would be risking your old age.

No friends for her. Except those you know well.

Never follow advices from celebrities. They too are mostly divorced
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by yahoodetector: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2023
Marriage is a huge scam
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by phemmyfour: 9:55am On Jul 23, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......
Sex becomes work instead of fun
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Olas121: 10:57am On Jul 23, 2023
ibrutex:
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......

I agree number one but number two is not true. 🤣
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by 4KNGOATS(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2023
ibrutex:

Keep it rolling......
Bravo boys are becoming men
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Saintmary(f): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
Fiscus105:

A" is not always true....... though ur friend ended up in the hand of his enermy called wive.

80% of homes today are jointly sponsored by husband and wife.

I will advise u to go out and do unbias findings and not ugly experiences from ur close ffriend.

I'm 95% sure his friend has done something ugly to his wife. He's just not admitting it.

A woman will never hurt her husband unless he did something bad.

A man that hurt his wife, refuses to admit it, let alone apologize, still going round badmouthing her with his friends, omo, the wife is going through hell.
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Saintmary(f): 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ade1177:
Omo

I'll just be smiling at the guy dropping lines

She washes my clothes sometimes but I must stay with her and rinse it and dry it

She's a good cook

She's very respectful to elders

She is beautiful and hardworking
And always at home by 7pm
No night life

4yrs relationship
We met In my final Yr in OAU

Omo nothing this girl can ever do that can annoy me o

I plan to propose to her next Yr sha

Because we have been living together now for the past 1yr almost like married couple but I never do the right thing

Make I quick put ring for her hand

She's clocking 25 early next year

Hold that lady tight!!!!!

Yes, I'm screaming o.

Don't change anything you're both doing even after your wedding ceremony.

I'm rooting for you guys kiss kiss
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
eleniyan2020:
you make your money on steady,you can eat out without feeling it or get a side chick that can do that...before one wife go de tell u to enter kitchen or die of hunger!
are you people always assuming you will get married to a village wife when you are saying all these? What happens when you get married to a doctor? She you will still be telling her to enter kitchen morning, afternoon and evening undecided
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
seguno2:

Unlike the men, who you believe were not faring WELL before we got married
the men are never alone, from their mothers house to their girlfriends house to their family house, there is always a female involved in their lives at some point cool
Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
bekpo:

Nothing, i was missing u sha
lol,maybe you mistake me for another iyanu, I nor know you ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Pregnant For Over 4 Years, Gives Birth After Husband Left Her / Housewives Bathe Each Other With Hot Water Over Lover (photos) / Ochuko Uzere: Missing Person, Lost At Sea In Patani River And Its Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.